• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Smash Flash 2 Character reveal again today!
Hoping for Aggretsuko, Isabelle or Jotaro
Expecting Dedede or Shovel Knight
I'd like Jotaro too, but they said Luffy would be the last anime character added.

Though, they never said we wouldn't get more non-video game characters. So I'll be rooting for Mr. Incredible to make his well-deserved return.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
so I hear Walmart is refusing to sell ANY video games. Or at least, M-rated ones. While they still have rifles readily available to be bought by anyone

Dude. Hypocrisy much???

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey Rie I recall you were craving leaks and rumors for something to talk about that's Smash related. Here's a gift for ya! :)

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
That's ridiculous, if people want to purchase m-rated games, they should be allowed. I don't see how buying a video game is worse than buying a gun.
so I hear Walmart is refusing to sell ANY video games. Or at least, M-rated ones. While they still have rifles readily available to be bought by anyone

Dude. Hypocrisy much???

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the three houses voice actor AMA on r/fireemblem is at its best when you read the answers in the respective lords' voices

1565466935384.png

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._something_to_say_about_new_pokemon_obstagoon
Gene Simmons of KISS was very happy to see Obstagoon (and I assume Galarian Zigzagoon & Linoone too).

He said, "Pokémon has been a part of our household for decades, ever since our kids first discovered them. And to see Pokémon pay homage to KISS, is flattering. "
Despite the similarities, that's not confirmed, but I wouldn't be surprised if that were actually the case.

All the more reason why Obstagoon is the best regional variant ever.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Burgers and fries do sound good right about now...

Dude. Hypocrisy much???
If I'm being honest, that surprised me. Knowing Walmart, I thought they'd fight tooth and nail to defend video games.

Anyways, while I do think violent video games can incite violence to an extent, I think society is mostly to blame. People who act like the same rules and morals in their video games apply to the real world are admittedly immature, and the people around them should've kept them grounded in reality. I think that's why America is one of the only countries with this issue. Most of the other kids in this world have to grow up at a younger age because they live in a culture that doesn't allow them to stay young for long.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._something_to_say_about_new_pokemon_obstagoon
Gene Simmons of KISS was very happy to see Obstagoon (and I assume Galarian Zigzagoon & Linoone too).

He said, "Pokémon has been a part of our household for decades, ever since our kids first discovered them. And to see Pokémon pay homage to KISS, is flattering. "
I don't know if the resemblance was intentional, but his appreciation is flattering and somewhat refreshing regardless.

I'll take this any day of the week over, "#BringBackNationalDex".

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Dude. Hypocrisy much???
Guns don't kill people, video games do.

Jokes aside though, the real reason this sucks is that some small towns don't have places that sell video games aside from Walmart. My old hometown didn't.

At least ordering online is a thing.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Despite the similarities, that's not confirmed, but I wouldn't be surprised if that were actually the case.

All the more reason why Obstagoon is the best regional variant ever.
I think the KISS theme was a coincidence.

Remember people thought Yungoos and Gumshoos was referencing Donald Trump?

D

Deleted member

Dude. Hypocrisy much???
They're not outright pulling the sale of video games, just removing displays for them.
Still dumb, but still.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I do think that the punk-ish aesthetic is 100% intentional though, so it's not that hard to imagine them taking some passive inspiration from Kiss.

Unlike Gumshoo's who's hair was supposed to look like a detective cap.
Some of the

They're not outright pulling the sale of video games, just removing displays for them.
Still dumb, but still.
Oh, well that's still silly but not nearly as bad as I thought.

I guess my last point was moot then.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

That was more of a meme than an actual belief. The tongue sticking out, the color scheme and the fur patterns all compare with KISS extremely well, hence why this one seems more likely. Not confirmed, but not a meme.

It could very well be just a coincidence, but it's one hell of a coincidence, is all I'm saying.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Dude. Hypocrisy much???
I believe from the last I checked there was misinformation--it's not just violent video game displays, but also hunting ads. Basically, they're going to continue selling everything they sell, but take down ads that can be perceived as glorifying violence. It's still stupid and doesn't help at all--it's just theater to make it seem like they're doing something when they're not. But as far as I know, nothing has changed.

D

Deleted member

Dude. Hypocrisy much???
Just shows that no matter what happens, people with the power of making decisions prefer to place the blame on something else rather than making an unpopular/hard decision.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Guys look at this floof I met at work today
7D0992AF-B0DF-44CF-A0C2-CC03562F0374.jpeg

I love my job working with kitties is great

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I saw a pretty cool fake rumor for sword and shield’s story in a video yesterday.

One of the things it suggested was that it would be revealed Leon was Rigging hop’s gym matches so he would win.

Which that be a pretty crazy but cool story idea

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Yeah but Gumshoos was probably designed at the same time Trump was getting into the race.
KISS has been around for decades.

It is kinda weird that they’d do this weirdly specific reference, especially since KISS aren’t a Britain-born band, but that crazy tongue alongside the face marks are just too spot on.

I feel like the train go thought was to have a badger based Zigzagoon line because Britain, then KISS was used as inspiration.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I saw a pretty cool fake rumor for sword and shield’s story in a video yesterday.

One of the things it suggested was that it would be revealed Leon was Rigging hop’s gym matches so he would win.

Which that be a pretty crazy but cool story idea
I saw that leak. People started going crazy over it because it said Weezing would get a “Regional evolution” and was posted on July 6th, and also mentioned Team Yell, but new region evolutions and Team Yell were in that one May leak that has gotten everything right so far.

However, the leak started off listing all the gym leaders, and failed to mentions Bea or Allister, or a fighting or ghost gym at all, so fake.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the first bit of info about three houses' lunatic/infernal difficulties has been datamined
the death knight can move freely

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
shocked cat.gif

Holy Swiss Cheese, I can't believe it.

I actually beated Marianne Paralogue.

To the peoples who played on Hard/Classic or even just Normal/Classic, tell me, how was you first try on it was? 'cuz for me, it was a rude awakening. Haha, insert funny FE Awakening joke here.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
View attachment 234316
Holy Swiss Cheese, I can't believe it.

I actually beated Marianne Paralogue.

To the peoples who played on Hard/Classic or even just Normal/Classic, tell me, how was you first try on it was? 'cuz for me, it was a rude awakening. Haha, insert funny FE Awakening joke here.
did it in one try hard/classic though i did have to finish the boss off in one turn because the bottom reinforcements upon aggro took me by surprise

it's a weird one because marianne looks like she's in danger but actually doesn't aggro anything if she stays completely still, so you have all the time in the world to get to her and set up around the boss

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
did it in one try hard/classic though i did have to finish the boss off in one turn because the bottom reinforcements upon aggro took me by surprise

it's a weird one because marianne looks like she's in danger but actually doesn't aggro anything if she stays completely still, so you have all the time in the world to get to her and set up around the boss
She was in danger when me, like a idiot, runned toward her & ended up aggroing ton of monsters toward her, forcing me to move & aggro the boss.

In fact, she quickly died after, and I had to Bite The Dust up to the start of the map & take the intented path instead of rushing toward her to have a chance, thankfully, she was able to run away from the boss, and once everyone was reunited, it became much easier, but good lord, this map was intense as all hell. (Thank you Lys broken magic & Hilda dance)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom