• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
And how exactly do you suggest I go about that?
Can’t exactly give you a concrete answer, happiness is different for every single person on the planet.

But I find that accomplishing your goals, or at least starting to try and accomplish them, always warms my heart.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I definitely wasn’t expecting anything related to Smash. But as a huge fan of fighting games, EVO is a time I look forward to generally because so much happens in that one genre during that weekend. But all we got were things I either don’t care for or are just the big franchises playing it safe with their DLC choices. But I guess I’m not allowed to say it was bad just because other people liked it.
I'd say you're definitely allowed--one of the things I hate is being part of the bubble. Sometimes that bubble needs to be popped. :chuckle:

(and yes, I get attacked for saying my genuine opinions as well, I'm just used to it and pick my battles--got into one fairly recently and just decided to be the bigger person and stop responding)

I didn't know how EVO went for the general fighting game community since the only fighting game I care about is Smash--it's unfortunate there wasn't much there for ya. For me, this year gave me the one thing I've been wanting for decades. :ultbanjokazooie: Outside of that, Mario Maker 2 was awesome when it was first announced, though everything revealed afterwards dragged the game down. Pokemon was disappointing, for me personally, but I also recognize as someone who fell off after Gen 2 and was hoping to get back into it when it came to consoles, I'm apparently not the audience for it. And then there's... not any other games I'm interested in this year. So I can see how, outside of that one announcement, I would otherwise feel pretty meh about this year.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok, so I'm seeing this more and more often, but some people believe that Gamefreak adding more female characters = waifu bait to get people to buy S&S.

Because we can't have cute female characters in games anymore.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
So now that we’ve seen some galar forms, what other Pokémon do you guys want to get new forms?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So now that we’ve seen some galar forms, what other Pokémon do you guys want to get new forms?
I don’t really know if this counts for what you’re saying, but I kind of want the starters to have different evolutions depending on sex.

But also, a Galarian Eevee with all the physical types instead of all the special types would be cool.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hmmm... I wanna see a new spin on ol' Jigglypuff

One of the very few iconic Pokemon that completely missed out on both mega evolutions and Alolan forms

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm in love with the Galarian Zigzagoon line. It confirms the return of regional forms, it confirms regional evolutions (and cross evolutions on top of that), it confirms the forms aren't restricted to Kanto again, and it breaks out of the two stage rodent restriction. It's a Pokemon that breaks the mold in a number of ways and makes me look forward to seeing what other new forms/evolutions are ahead. Plus the design of Obstagoon is great and it reminds me of the local badgers at home.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
here it is, everyone. Galarian Cynaquil, based on Banjo-Kazooie!
1565192441046.png
1565192465237.png
as my drawinmg abilities are not very good, here are all the intentional changes to Cyndaquil's design.
-Fur went from blue --> Brown, matching Banjo's
-He has a little tuft of hair, like banjo
-Banjo style nose
- Little necklace (resembles a Z-Crystal, pink in color)
-Backpack, which opens up to use elemental attacks
-Three claws instead of one

If someone wishes to redraw it or make the subsequent Quilava or Typhlosion, feel free.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Well, I got spoiled somewhere two times before watching, but seeing Linoone get any attention is worth it.

Also saw this, and I think the game is a life simulator, except they're taking our jobs.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Great, now I can't unsee this.

When I first saw the boy in the trailer I was like “oh smoke stacks because industrial region”.

Then when I looked back at the designs after the trailer I noticed it was a hat and he has facial hair and I love it.

Not only is he based off of a factory’s smoke stacks, but is based off of a tycoon that would run said factory.

Character design.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I love that the evil team is just a toxic fanclub.
I feeling they’re the Team Skull of this game, but even less of a threat. Just like the Aether Foundation, there’ll be an actually evil, but less traditional for the series, team introduced later on in the game.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Giving Pokémon jobs should also mean they can form a union and go on strike if their Exp. gain isn't enough.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. I really wish they’d make a few more western properties into Warriors games. Justice League, Lord of the Rings, even Mortal Kombat would all work great in that style of gameplay.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Can someone please make a sci-fi version of SoulCalibur? I’m sick of fighting games almost completely use Fantasy and demonic elements. Even sci-do heavy fighters like MK, KI, and T don’t even go all the way with it. They still bring in demons and magic.

Y’all ain’t ready for Ed, Edd, n’ Eddy warriors
You joke. But Cartoon Network Warriors would be good goofey badass fun. Imagine if they brought back FusionFall (officially) and made this as a tie in.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Speaking of Warriors, I remember a few years back hearing something about Koei-Tecmo landing a deal with a big western IP but they didn’t say what yet.

Has there been any word on that yet, or could i be misremembering things?

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I'm absolutely sick of leaker culture. So much drama over a few inside scoops about video games.

Having been on the inside circle of leaks before, it's better to just keep it lowkey. Spreading it out can cause a lot of panic and overexcitement.
The leaks are never right about Metroid. Ever. They prance Metroid Prime Trilogy for all to see for over a year, yet it's materialized. And then they're shocked that Metroid Prime 4 gets rebooted at Retro Studios. Why? Cuz they don't know anything about Metroid games in development.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Speaking of Warriors, I remember a few years back hearing something about Koei-Tecmo landing a deal with a big western IP but they didn’t say what yet.

Has there been any word on that yet, or could i be misremembering things?
Question is which big western IP could they possibly use for a Warriors game?

StormC

Smash Hero
Obstagoon is kinda neat but I'm still not really feeling the Pokemon designs of this gen yet.

Except Corviknight. Corviknight is great.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I don’t mean to start an unnecessary flame war, but are people actually still hyped for Sword and Shield? I thought it was obvious by now that its a clear rush job by Gamefreak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom