• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

2019 will be a year that I will mostly remember from all the good reasons.

Outside of the hell-hole of February, I’ve never felt this much joy inside and wished so much to stay alive.

That’s how awesome this year has been.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Obstagoon is, in my opinion, single handedly the most shocking Pokemon of all time to be revealed. It's a regional evolution for a non Kanto Pokemon. No one could of predicted this.

I'm very happy that the Zigzagoon line is getting this much love. They all look fantastic.
actually someone did and that leak makes all the more sense now. Most people know the leak but I’ll spoil it anyway:
The big leak says farfetch’d has a regional evolution. Something we know is now happening thanks to the trailer.

So get hyped it’s happening.

Also obstagoon is amazing. Liloone is my favorite rodent so I’m glad to see it get love.

D

Deleted member

Seriously people, buy Ducktales Remastered right now if you haven’t before August 8th comes.

It is an awesome game that will be gone forever on virtual form that day, and it would be a shame if such cool people from here never got the chance to try it.

And it costs less than 5€ now which is a wonderful price.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
So going by its description, Obstagoon taunts enemies into attacking it, and when they attack, it has a move called Obstruct it uses when they attack. Joe didn't highlight that tidbit, so I figured I should bring it up.
Please, tell me more about that mad lad.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Just watched the Pokémon trailer. Not bad overall.

-Why am I not surprised that Galarian forms are a thing? At the very least it’s not just limited to Gen 1, which is nice.
-I like Zigzagoon’s and Linoone’s regional variants... not so much Obstagoon.
-The Rivals are nice. Not really sure what to think about Team Yell.
-The Pika clone for this Gen actually does something interesting, which is pretty cool.

Overall, this trailer was fine.

Did it really change my reception of the game so far (for better or worse)? Not really.

But it’s a decent trailer.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Also Obstagoon looks like a youtube avatar people use in "Why your favourite thing sucks actually" videos

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
But seriously, the new regional forms are pretty cool. None are quite as good as A-Nintales so far, but I have hope. And now that they aren't limited to Kanto Pokemon, I'm exited to see what happens next

(coughcoughgivusjohtostartergalarformscoughcough)

Noipoi

Howdy!
But seriously, the new regional forms are pretty cool. None are quite as good as A-Nintales so far, but I have hope. And now that they aren't limited to Kanto Pokemon, I'm exited to see what happens next

(coughcoughgivusjohtostartergalarformscoughcough)
As a Typhlosion fan I can say with confidence that Typhlosion will probably never be referenced ever again.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
As a Typhlosion fan I can say with confidence that Typhlosion will probably never be referenced ever again.
Can they at least give Typhlosion's model its flames back when it's not attacking

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I just got the best idea for a Galarian Typhlosion.

i'm totally going to butcher the concept with my non-existent artistic talents, but whatever.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just got the best idea for a Galarian Typhlosion.

i'm totally going to butcher the concept with my non-existent artistic talents, but whatever.
Tell me I’ll make it rad

Can they at least give Typhlosion's model its flames back when it's not attacking
In 2059 when they make new models

Just kidding they’re never making new models

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, Obstagoon has two abilities: Reckless and Guts. So you got your pick of really powerful recoil attacks (STAB Double Edge is likely one of its attacks, and possible a recoil Dark-Type attack), or really powerful attacks in general with a status condition.

Now, assuming it carries over Extremespeed from the regular Zigzagoon line, I see no reason to use Reckless over Guts. A Guts boosted STAB Extremespeed hits like a speeding truck. Of course, so does a Reckless Double Edge with Belly Drum, if you want to hit extremely hard, but also die. ._.

If Obstagoon gets Switchroo from the regular Linoone, I'm totally gonna try for a Toxic Orb set with Guts. Extremespeed, Crunch(?), Switchroo, and a Coverage Attack. ;p

It's a Dark/Normal type, which is both good and bad because it has immunities to Ghost and Psychic, but a 4x weakness to Fighting.

I don't care what people say, I'm willing to give Obstagoon a chance, here. It's got some on paper potential, and I just don't believe it's time to write it off yet. It's not OP by any means, but I believe it's going to be more usable than, say, Alolan Raticate. Looking forward to trying it out.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My 2019 is goin ****in amazing and I personally thought that trailer had just enough to get me excited about the possibilities.

Besides, they’re gonna crank out tons of trailers before November. This ain’t the be all end all.
I’m glad you’re happy Noi. I really am. This year just hasn’t been all that great for me. I feel like I was flying high, then crashed and can’t get back in the air without crashing again. Breaking my ship even further.
We got Three Houses as a legit GOTY contender so I don't follow.
:(. Good for you I guess. But I don’t feel like I have to explain why Fire Emblem doesn’t hype me up.
I mean, we got a Hero infodump right before EVO, so there was not much to expect from there (I was secretly hoping for :ultbanjokazooie:'s page to unlock... whaaat's taking them..), and this was just going to be a trailer. I don't expect a next big thing until the Fall Direct.

EDIT:
Mr. Burns Meme
I definitely wasn’t expecting anything related to Smash. But as a huge fan of fighting games, EVO is a time I look forward to generally because so much happens in that one genre during that weekend. But all we got were things I either don’t care for or are just the big franchises playing it safe with their DLC choices. But I guess I’m not allowed to say it was bad just because other people liked it.
Lol what?

2019 is superior in every way to 2018 for me.

>Best months of my entire life since June
>Ultimate Alliance 3
>Dragon Quest in Smash
>RE2 Remake
>Luigi’s Mansion 3
>Dragon Quest Builders 2
>Dragon Quest 11 S
>Finally completed high school
>Will turn 18 years old
>Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled
>Battle For Bikini Bottom Rehydrated reveal
>Avengers Endgame
>Far From Home
>Godzilla: King Of The Monsters
>Made new friends on the internet
>Went to finally visit my friend from Madrid after years
>Cuphead on Switch
And even more.

I wish 2018 was close to being this awesome for me, because that year was real trash for me in a personal and general way.
I guess we traded year quality then because I only really care for maybe 5% of the things on that list. I’m glad it’s going good for you though.

Maybe for you. Lol
So my opinions don’t matter because they’re different from everyone elses. Alright.

Story of my life.

2019 has been great for a lot of people. As it turns out, the world does not revolve around you.
Well Monk you. Sure. The world doesn’t revolve around me. But that doesn’t mean I should have to just be depressed all the time. I just want a reason to be happy again.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Oh Alola forms are back, that's a great move but I'm not too hyped just yet.

Oh Zigzagoon got one and he looks great, if they change his movepool a bit I might actually use him this ge-

holy **** gamefreak I'll take 10

best design 10/10 I love it

we even got another snarky rival back and Monokuma as a pokemon but they both pale in comparison to this

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I don't really understand why he's so upset with Galarian Forms. They were never made just so people could double-dip on a single Pokemon. They're supposed to be new and clever interpretations of old Pokemon. Both Galarian Koffing and Obstagoon are designed after real elements taken from UK/Europe.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m glad you’re happy Noi. I really am. This year just hasn’t been all that great for me. I feel like I was flying high, then crashed and can’t get back in the air without crashing again. Breaking my ship even further.

:(. Good for you I guess. But I don’t feel like I have to explain why Fire Emblem doesn’t hype me up.

I definitely wasn’t expecting anything related to Smash. But as a huge fan of fighting games, EVO is a time I look forward to generally because so much happens in that one genre during that weekend. But all we got were things I either don’t care for or are just the big franchises playing it safe with their DLC choices. But I guess I’m not allowed to say it was bad just because other people liked it.

I guess we traded year quality then because I only really care for maybe 5% of the things on that list. I’m glad it’s going good for you though.

So my opinions don’t matter because they’re different from everyone elses. Alright.

Story of my life.

Well Monk you. Sure. The world doesn’t revolve around me. But that doesn’t mean I should have to just be depressed all the time. I just want a reason to be happy again.
Happiness doesn’t fall into your lap, you gotta go out there and get it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't really understand why he's so upset with Galarian Forms. They were never made just so people could double-dip on a single Pokemon. They're supposed to be new and clever interpretations of old Pokemon. Both Galarian Koffing and Obstagoon are designed after real elements in UK/Europe.
People have been asking for regional forms to return in the next game. It's a heavily popular concept.

He needs to get over himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom