• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I could see a reveal at EVO happening but I don't really think it will happen

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know, fishing is kinda of broken in Three Houses, once you know that you don't need to pick the first fish that come & try to get red or yellow fish, which give you platinium or gold fish that you can sold for lots of money, you can easily get alot of points from it and if you fish while it's the season for it, you may get multiples fish at once, which mean multiples golden or platinium fish.

In other words, don't be a good teacher, just fish, alot.
View attachment 233529
Guaranted power right here.:ultkrool:
Speaking of fishing. Last night I was playing a few match ups and I was using Isabelle on Tortimer Island. I summoned a Grey Fox Assist trophy and he was doing pretty well juggling my opponent, so I just sat on the beach and fished.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
When’s evo end or whatever?

I want to know when to expect nothing.
smash top 8 is happening at 10 PM EST, assuming nothing runs late, which never happens. I'd say 2-3 AM EST is a good estimate of when it would end.

D

Deleted member

Listen man, I'm not saying ANYTHING, but it's pretty interesting how if you replace the last E in Steve with an O, you get StEvo.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Might pick Binding Blade back up and finally get past chapter 18B. It might just be me and my complete suckage at all things Fire Emblem, but the game has been extremely difficult at times...

I also can't get over how booty Roy is in it.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
When’s evo end or whatever?

I want to know when to expect nothing.
Ends late today/early tomorrow depending on your timezone.

You'll know it's over when you stop by this thread tomorrow and everyone is complaining about Hero rather than discussing some big announcement that never happened.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Too bad I won't be here to see if this is true or not since I have to work at Festa which happens two days every year in the beginning of August.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
For Evo, their gonna announce a character that's 1000% RNG. Every single attack is completely random, and you have no control over it. A jab can suddenly become a frame 1 Falcon Punch, while a Smash Attack can be Thunder Jolt.

RNG-ESUS JOINS BY CHANCE!

Noipoi

Howdy!
For Evo, their gonna announce a character that's 1000% RNG. Every single attack is completely random, and you have no control over it. A jab can suddenly become a frame 1 Falcon Punch, while a Smash Attack can be Thunder Jolt.

RNG-ESUS JOINS BY CHANCE!
Even moving left and right has a slight chance of careening you off the stage

StormC

Smash Hero
Again, August 2019 must be empty to balance out August 2018. Accept this into your hearts.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
how can you be disappointed when you already expect nothing
Sakurai walks on stage and announces "All future DLC characters have been cancelled, including Banjo. If you have purchased the Fighter's Pass, you will not get a re-fund. Furthermore, Kasumi from the Persona 5 the Royal game, and Edea from the Bravely Default franchise will never be playable". He then waltzes off stage.

also i'm good with the Ama

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What's everyone up to at the moment?
Not much; I'm going to go for a walk shortly, and I'm hoping to finish up Metal Gear Solid 4 some time today. I've been watching EVO streams on and off, but with two of the four big reveals for today presumably leaked (I'm figuring there won't be any extras on top of the leaked BlazBlue and Street Fighter announcements), I'm not following it as closely as I was last year.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Not much; I'm going to go for a walk shortly, and I'm hoping to finish up Metal Gear Solid 4 some time today. I've been watching EVO streams on and off, but with two of the four big reveals for today presumably leaked (I'm figuring there won't be any extras on top of the leaked BlazBlue and Street Fighter announcements), I'm not following it as closely as I was last year.
Enjoying EVO so far? How do you think the top 8 for Ultimate will place?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Enjoying EVO so far? How do you think the top 8 for Ultimate will place?
I'm enjoying it so far (I'm trying to catch up on yesterday's grand finals for Dragon Ball FighterZ), though for who will do well in Ultimate, I'm not sure. I don't follow competitive fighting games closely enough to know any specific players, or which characters are popular or effective in the competitive scene.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm enjoying it so far (I'm trying to catch up on yesterday's grand finals for Dragon Ball FighterZ), though for who will do well in Ultimate, I'm not sure. I don't follow competitive fighting games closely enough to know any specific players, or which characters are popular or effective in the competitive scene.
Ah, alrighty.
I watch Smash Ultimate when I can, but I've been so busy lately (and eastern USA time zones are inconvenient for half the nationals shown on stream) that I haven't been able to watch.

But basically, the best player in the world who mains Joker and alt mains Lucina (MKLeo) is in losers bracket for once. While he could easily pull off a loser's run, it might be a good time to see another player win.

StormC

Smash Hero

The Disney domination will continue as long as other studios fail to put out movies as appealing as theirs.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The Disney domination will continue as long as other studios fail to put out movies as appealing as theirs.
Disney needs some serious competition

As long as they remain unchallenged they’ll continue to crap out live action remakes because they know they’ll sell

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What's everyone up to at the moment?
Chilling here as of right now before having to work the big event that's Festa tonight which is going to be literally living hell for me. Thank god its only two days every year otherwise I wouldn't be working at my job.

D

Deleted member

Lion King and Aladdin sold more than Toy Story 4?

Yikes.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Might pick Binding Blade back up and finally get past chapter 18B. It might just be me and my complete suckage at all things Fire Emblem, but the game has been extremely difficult at times...

I also can't get over how booty Roy is in it.
Binding Blade was tough af, and I will not deny arena scumming in it. Also yeah Roy is extreme ass.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lion King and Aladdin sold more than Toy Story 4?

Yikes.
Seems not even negative reviews from Rotten Tomatoes can stand up to the power of Disney nostalgia.

Power of Disney yo!!!! Anything that has Disney labelled on it is an instant hit.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On another note though. Crawl made over 50 million! Yeah baby!!!! :grin:

Pretty much can say its made a decent profit given it was only made with a 13.5 million budget.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom