• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

xD Hahahaha, kinda! Mostly the whole interface is intimidating for me to look at! Guess I am used of simple things like the stuff I got in my drawing programs.
LOL A lot of them aren’t as intimidating as they look.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
LOL A lot of them aren’t as intimidating as they look.
xD Maybe! But seriously, it is great that you are getting the hang of it! :3 Are you planning to create models based in any original concept of yours?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's some guy who made a bot algorithm thing that he sends out to make mass takedowns on behalf of copyright holders. A company says "take down anything with _____" and he sends his bots to automatically do that. It's easy money for him.

But when he finally got back to us he was WAY more helpful than I thought he'd be. He's back in the office Sunday and said he'd look at the claims his bots made and possibly remove them.

So everyone.

Pick a god and pray.
So it’s just a case of rushed copyrighting. Considering this system, can you imagine how much this happens to innocent YouTubers? Probably a lot, which sucks.

D

Deleted member

xD Maybe! But seriously, it is great that you are getting the hang of it! :3 Are you planning to create models based in any original concept of yours?
I’m slowly easing into it! I’ve ditched it now, but I made a Teddy Ruxpin style character.

1564170065177.jpeg

I have a project in the works of a cat character based off older cartoons (a mix of 30s 60s, and 80s) that will have a complex rig that allowed for exaggerated cartoon movements. That’s still just an idea, but I hope to make nee iterations of that character as my modeling improves.

AndreaAC

I’m slowly easing into it! I’ve ditched it now, but I made a Teddy Ruxpin style character.

I have a project in the works of a cat character based off older cartoons (a mix of 30s 60s, and 80s) that will have a complex rig that allowed for exaggerated cartoon movements. That’s still just an idea, but I hope to make nee iterations of that character as my modeling improves.
O3O Ooooh, interesting! :> I really look forward to see more of your progress with this and your projects in the future!

Brotherly.png

:3 I am still practicing small things to one day do a full comic...xD And that's just with Ridley, Roidley and Rosa as you have seen. o-o If I will get it based from the story concept ( Which is a mess, and it's not because of the Smash world alone) I have developed for quite some time...I will have to do other characters I am not used to draw, like the FE cast, maybe...which I really don't want to do. Maybe just Ike because...I like Ike. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

O3O Ooooh, interesting! :> I really look forward to see more of your progress with this and your projects in the future!

View attachment 232583
:3 I am still practicing small things to one day do a full comic...xD And that's just with Ridley, Roidley and Rosa as you have seen. o-o If I will get it based from the story concept ( Which is a mess, and it's not because of the Smash world alone) I have developed for quite some time...I will have to do other characters I am not used to draw, like the FE cast, maybe...which I really don't want to do. Maybe just Ike because...I like Ike. :p
well thats not depressing at all

Amazing art! I REALLY like it! It’s stylized, but not in a distracting way. Also YES I would love to see a comic from you! I know it can be hard to get the motivation for that sort of thing, but I cannot stress enough how awesome I think that would be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

View attachment 232583
This looks good! Be sure to update me on this, dude. It looks incredible.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
It's some guy who made a bot algorithm thing that he sends out to make mass takedowns on behalf of copyright holders. A company says "take down anything with _____" and he sends his bots to automatically do that. It's easy money for him.

But when he finally got back to us he was WAY more helpful than I thought he'd be. He's back in the office Sunday and said he'd look at the claims his bots made and possibly remove them.

So everyone.

Pick a god and pray.
YouTube still has no good reason to fall for stuff like this. I can't say I've seen a copyright claim that wasn't wrong in a long time.

AndreaAC

well thats not depressing at all
:joyful: Oh my gosh.

Amazing art! I REALLY like it! It’s stylized, but not in a distracting way. Also YES I would love to see a comic from you! I know it can be hard to get the motivation for that sort of thing, but I cannot stress enough how awesome I think that would be.
x3 Thank you, thank you, my dear friend! :D Glad that you think so! Ah, just like how I get intimidated by the 3D environment interface, doing a full on comic despite being one of my goals in life, is rather scary! xD Just from seeing manga, graphic novels and other comics I think "Dang, how long would it take me just to make ONE based on the mess of a story I have?" One day, though. And animation would be the next thing I would like to do.

This looks good! Be sure to update me on this, dude. It looks incredible.
xD Oh, I just saw this. :3 Sure! Glad you like it! Though the little pannels like that one are pretty much practice, but indeed ideas I hopefully might use for a comic.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:joyful: Oh my gosh.

x3 Thank you, thank you, my dear friend! :D Glad that you think so! Ah, just like how I get intimidated by the 3D environment interface, doing a full on comic despite being one of my goals in life, is rather scary! xD Just from seeing manga, graphic novels and other comics I think "Dang, how long would it take me just to make ONE based on the mess of a story I have?" One day, though. And animation would be the next thing I would like to do.

xD Oh, I just saw this. :3 Sure! Glad you like it! Though the little pannels like that one are pretty much practice, but indeed ideas I hopefully might use for a comic.
Haha, I TOTALLY get you. Have you considered trying short, mini comics? That might help "prep you up.'

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
GUYS.

REMOVE YOUR MEDIA FINALLY GOT BACK TO ME AND SAID THEY DIDN'T REALIZE IT WAS A PARODY AND THE CLAIM MAY HAVE BEEN MADE IN ERROR. HE'S GETTING BACK TO ME ON SUNDAY TO SEE IF HE CAN REMOVE THE CLAIMS AND REINSTATE MY CHANNEL.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
This is what we call the sweet, sweet sound of justice.

Really happy for you, you didn't deserve this, and now, you're the one with high ground in all of this.
D2Sen88WoAEtFSB.png

Show them who is the boss here.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
YouTube still has no good reason to fall for stuff like this. I can't say I've seen a copyright claim that wasn't wrong in a long time.
It's a tricky situation. And when looking past my personal bias, I can... understand.

Youtube does not want to be involved in copyright claims made by or against people. They're just the arbiter. A company says, "Hey that's ours!" and the creator says, "No it's not!" and suddenly the safest thing for Youtube to do is go hands-off and take down the content to be safe.

The problem is that that approach is not in the best interest of the accused creator, and Youtube's content creators are the only reason Youtube even functions. Without creators, Youtube wouldn't be a thing. But Youtube also doesn't want to take sides on a copyright claim, otherwise they'll be involved if it goes to court. For instance, if the claimant took me to court and Youtube had at any point sided with me, the claimant could then involve Youtube for damages and sue them in addition to me. (Hint: Youtube has far more money than I do.)

What's broken about the system is that there's no verification of the claimant. The company who put claims on my stuff does not represent Sunrise or Bandai Namco, the companies they sited for the takedown. If he's not with the copyright holder, then why is he allowed to make a copyright claim on that company's behalf? What's stopping me from going to any old channel and make a bull**** claim on behalf of an official company to serve my own purposes? I mean, I could make a claim on the other Gundam Wing abridged parody just to kick them off Youtube, and Youtube would probably follow through on it.

Question is, if the process is automated due to the sheer volume of claims, how do you verify a copyright holder is legit? How do you avoid this specific sort of situation happening?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's a tricky situation. And when looking past my personal bias, I can... understand.

Youtube does not want to be involved in copyright claims made by or against people. They're just the arbiter. A company says, "Hey that's ours!" and the creator says, "No it's not!" and suddenly the safest thing for Youtube to do is go hands-off and take down the content to be safe.

The problem is that that approach is not in the best interest of the accused creator, and Youtube's content creators are the only reason Youtube even functions. Without creators, Youtube wouldn't be a thing. But Youtube also doesn't want to take sides on a copyright claim, otherwise they'll be involved if it goes to court. For instance, if the claimant took me to court and Youtube had at any point sided with me, the claimant could then involve Youtube for damages and sue them in addition to me. (Hint: Youtube has far more money than I do.)

What's broken about the system is that there's no verification of the claimant. The company who put claims on my stuff does not represent Sunrise or Bandai Namco, the companies they sited for the takedown. If he's not with the copyright holder, then why is he allowed to make a copyright claim on that company's behalf? What's stopping me from going to any old channel and make a bull**** claim on behalf of an official company to serve my own purposes? I mean, I could make a claim on the other Gundam Wing abridged parody just to kick them off Youtube, and Youtube would probably follow through on it.

Question is, if the process is automated due to the sheer volume of claims, how do you verify a copyright holder is legit? How do you avoid this specific sort of situation happening?
The issue seems to arise when you take it to YouTube themselves. Everything is automated. They don’t have a team who handles helping content creators and viewers. Which, as you’d expect, creates a lot of issues like this one... Thing is, YouTube doesn’t have all the time in the world to handle this stuff.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
I'll only play Three Houses if the writing is better than Awakening and Fates and the gameplay is better than Echoes.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The issue seems to arise when you take it to YouTube themselves. Everything is automated. They don’t have a team who handles helping content creators and viewers. Which, as you’d expect, creates a lot of issues like this one... Thing is, YouTube doesn’t have all the time in the world to handle this stuff.
No but Google has all the money in the world to handle this stuff.

I cannot begin to articulate how the most infuriating, frustrating and belittling part of this whole process has been that Youtube has zero in-person communication. I have not once talked to a human being. ****ing Microsoft has a tech support line where I can speak to a person about my issue in a couple minutes. Youtube/Google have nothing but bots, faceless messages and replies that totally miss the point. In fact, Google's response to my ban appeal was "we will contact you only if we have new information to share". I had no guarantee that I would ever get a reply at all. I have no idea if anyone will ever even read it.

I had my brand channel disabled, my personal account suspended indefinitely due to affiliation with it, and not once for an entire week did I talk to a ****ing human goddamn being about it.

It makes you feel so small and insignificant. Like you don't matter in the least.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Also I did a ****ty Pokémon/Fire Emblem doodle

E9EDFB21-EA07-4305-9E79-56AA0E813EC5.jpeg

The Black (red) Braviary

The Blue Pyroar

The Golden Sawsbuck

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
No but Google has all the money in the world to handle this stuff.

I cannot begin to articulate how the most infuriating, frustrating and belittling part of this whole process has been that Youtube has zero in-person communication. I have not once talked to a human being. ****ing Microsoft has a tech support line where I can speak to a person about my issue in a couple minutes. Youtube/Google have nothing but bots, faceless messages and replies that totally miss the point. In fact, Google's response to my ban appeal was "we will contact you only if we have new information to share". I had no guarantee that I would ever get a reply at all. I have no idea if anyone will ever even read it.

I had my brand channel disabled, my personal account suspended indefinitely due to affiliation with it, and not once for an entire week did I talk to a ****ing human goddamn being about it.

It makes you feel so small and insignificant. Like you don't matter in the least.
Oh I agree, Google does have the money, and it’s incredibly stupid that they haven’t invested in this, I’m not excusing it. Time could be a bit of an issue though. Time is money and I’m not sure how much money Google would be willing to pay to handle thousands of Emails everyday. Then again, it could be easier than I’m expecting.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm rooting for Leffen in that matchup.
The Salem "years of research" meme has humor, but his self-righteousness in it made me puke.
To be fair, he's pretty calm outside of Twitter, and some people what he said to heart, especially when he's literally friends with a Melee player. Looking at results, Salem likely would destroy him. I just want to see how long will this get mentioned.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
To be fair, he's pretty calm outside of Twitter, and some people what he said to heart, especially when he's literally friends with a Melee player. Looking at results, Salem likely would destroy him. I just want to see how long will this get mentioned.
I do like watching Salem on the MVG youtube channel, admittedly.

But his twitter is infamous. And it's because of his twitter that I'm not really a fan of him anymore. My opinion on the controversy that he made on there has softened, but it still makes me cringe anyway

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

People keep complaining because my comment on a YouTube video “distracted” them and they missed parts of the video.

???

SonicMario

Smash Master
BREAKING NEWS

Some Dragon Quest spirits are already on Nintendo's servers. (I don't have everything and I'm not the one to discover it as it's someone in a Discord server I'm not in, all of these were found simply by link trial and error)

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Home run contest let’s go!

Then Smash Run with Banjo, then.... I don’t know. What else could they bring back? Trophies are a no go, break the targets would be impossible to develop for a roster this size... what else could they do?
There’s one thing that’s been waiting many years for....

BOARD THE PLATFORMS!!!

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Also wow, we’ve got all the Doom games on the Switch. Awesome!
Thankfully not the SNES port, though.

It's borderline unplayable. Comes on a neat red cartridge, though.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I do like watching Salem on the MVG youtube channel, admittedly.

But his twitter is infamous. And it's because of his twitter that I'm not really a fan of him anymore. My opinion on the controversy that he made on there has softened, but it still makes me cringe anyway
I can understand that, it's just that I haven't really seen him say anything on that level in months, and he kind of united the community (even if against him) rather than divided. Still, he has said some hot takes that amuse me more than anything.

But anyway, I'm betting very hard on what top 32 will look like in the meantime. I'd have a lot more fun doing that thinking of how I haven't played Ultimate to this day.

There’s one thing that’s been waiting many years for....

BOARD THE PLATFORMS!!!
Target Test would have been nice for passing the time. Too bad it would take a lot of development time to even bring back, and even custom stages can't make it feel the same.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
BREAKING NEWS

Some Dragon Quest spirits are already on Nintendo's servers. (I don't have everything and I'm not the one to discover it as it's someone in a Discord server I'm not in, all of these were found simply by link trial and error)

Hero confirmed to be code name: Brave.

Not that it was really a surprise, but still.

D

Deleted member

Doing some editing stuff. It’s super basic and yet I feel like this.
1564175951725.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I wonder what Banjo’s codename might be... Puzzle, perhaps? Jinjo? Just deadass Bear?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom