• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Imagine actively wanting less content in a product.

It's baffling to me, but here we are, with people doing just that.
My issue is the tired "armchair dev" comment is irritating. Pokemon's a product, and consumers can and should voice their opinions on said product. And I encourage that whether or not I agree with the opinions themselves.

It won't make a difference, and there are certainly those who go too far with their proclamations, but apparently having expectations by themselves makes someone an armchair dev. :awesome:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
"Meet Marnie, Trainers! She’s teamed up with Morpeko and wants to become the Champion of the Galar region in order to accomplish a certain goal."

"You knew this was coming, Trainers. Introducing Team Yell! These troublemakers will attempt to get in your way at every opportunity. They want nothing more than for Marnie to become Champion, and they’ll stop at nothing to make that happen."

Yeah, this girl is doin' some shady stuff.

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Galarian Weezing? More like:

I’m hoping that the next info dump for SWSH gives us the middle evolutions of the starters so we can have a better idea of what to possibly expect for the final evolutions, type and design-wise.

D

Deleted member

I just woke up. Having not seen the trailer yet, I went on twitter and saw that Marnie was the number one trending. I watch the trailer and see that Marnie is a punk girl.

Well, I guess the cycle continues.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Yooo they gave Weezing a new form! Not sure if I like it, though.
The Zigzagoon family line reveal was shocking.
Team Yell....terrible name, designs don't mesh with me.
The other rival looks like a smug *****

Still doubt I'll get it over Luigi's Mansion 3.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why does every possible hype thing just refuse to happen. E3 had Banjo and that was pretty much it, EVO had false hopes and crushed dreams, and now this Pokémon trailer gives us Weezing in a hat. Why does 2019 suck so bad when it comes to reveals and releases?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Why does every possible hype thing just refuse to happen. E3 had Banjo and that was pretty much it, EVO had false hopes and crushed dreams, and now this Pokémon trailer gives us Weezing in a hat. Why does 2019 suck so bad when it comes to reveals and releases?
Something tells me you might be setting your expectations a bit too high.

It's always best to keep em at bay.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
My 2019 is goin ****in amazing and I personally thought that trailer had just enough to get me excited about the possibilities.

Besides, they’re gonna crank out tons of trailers before November. This ain’t the be all end all.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
We got Three Houses as a legit GOTY contender so I don't follow.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
So Marnie usurps Bea who usurped Nessa who usurped Sonia who usurped the female protag oh god internet please stop

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Maybe for you. Lol

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I mean, we got a Hero infodump right before EVO, so there was not much to expect from there (I was secretly hoping for :ultbanjokazooie:'s page to unlock... whaaat's taking them..), and this was just going to be a trailer. I don't expect a next big thing until the Fall Direct.

EDIT:
Bro I really like this place and I don’t wanna have to leave.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lol what?

2019 is superior in every way to 2018 for me.

>Best months of my entire life since June
>Ultimate Alliance 3
>Dragon Quest in Smash
>RE2 Remake
>Luigi’s Mansion 3
>Dragon Quest Builders 2
>Dragon Quest 11 S
>Finally completed high school
>Will turn 18 years old
>Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled
>Battle For Bikini Bottom Rehydrated reveal
>Avengers Endgame
>Far From Home
>Godzilla: King Of The Monsters
>Made new friends on the internet
>Went to finally visit my friend from Madrid after years
>Cuphead on Switch
And even more.

I wish 2018 was close to being this awesome for me, because that year was real trash for me in a personal and general way.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Lol what?

2019 is superior in every way to 2018 for me.

>Best months of my entire life since June
>Ultimate Alliance 3
>Dragon Quest in Smash
>RE2 Remake
>Luigi’s Mansion 3
>Dragon Quest Builders 2
>Dragon Quest 11 S
>Finally completed high school
>Will turn 18 years old
>Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled
>Battle For Bikini Bottom Rehydrated reveal
>Avengers Endgame
>Far From Home
>Godzilla: King Of The Monsters
>Made new friends on the internet
>Went to finally visit my friend from Madrid after years
>Cuphead on Switch
And even more.

I wish 2018 was close to being this awesome for me, because that year was real trash for me in a personal and general way.
Yeah dude 2018 was ass for me.

2019 is making up for it big time.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Bro I really like this place and I don’t wanna have to leave.
so you threaten people that you'll leave when even an ounce of negitivity about pokemon shows up and emotionaly manipulate people to make them stop. Not trying to tear you down but Still not a good look but you do you

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
2019 is definitely better than 2018 in terms of Switch releases as that year was riding wayyyy too much on Smash

Having said that, I didn't buy Splatoon 2 til 2018 or ever own Tropical Freeze on the Wii U, so I guess it beats it out so far in terms of games I actually played, though September and October are looking hype

2017 is still the Switch's Big Boy year though

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
2019 has been great for a lot of people. As it turns out, the world does not revolve around you.

Noipoi

Howdy!
2019 is definitely better than 2018 in terms of Switch releases as that year was riding wayyyy too much on Smash

Having said that, I didn't buy Splatoon 2 til 2018 or ever own Tropical Freeze on the Wii U, so I guess it beats it out so far in terms of games I actually played, though September and October are looking hype

2017 is still the Switch's Big Boy year though
If my predictions are accurate 2020 will be Big Boy year 2

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
This year had DMC5 & Three Houses, so it's automatically the best year.

DboreBYX0AA0Ypw.jpg

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
If my predictions are accurate 2020 will be Big Boy year 2
Could well be - my prediction is that the September/October direct's "one last thing" will be Mario Odyssey 2, slated for a 2020 or 2021 release (wouldn't be too unrealistic, as the gap between Galaxy 1 and 2 was roughly equivalent)

Animal Crossing obviously coming out next year too, though I'm still salty that game won't have cloud backup compatibility

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So going by its description, Obstagoon taunts enemies into attacking it, and when they attack, it has a move called Obstruct it uses when they attack. Joe didn't highlight that tidbit, so I figured I should bring it up.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So going by its description, Obstagoon taunts enemies into attacking it, and when they attack, it has a move called Obstruct it uses when they attack. Joe didn't highlight that tidbit, so I figured I should bring it up.
That sounds like Counter

Wonder what makes it different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom