• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Don’t know how, but I managed to get Hero into Elite Smash.

Next character I’ll put in there is definitely :ultbanjokazooie:.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Morning people. How's it going?
Just downloaded Mario Tennis Aces which is part of Nintendo's new Game Trials thing which lets NSO users play a game for a week for free before deciding they want to buy it (iirc they offer a 33 % discount for the game too)

So who knows, could end up buying it if I like it enough - I remember enjoying the free weekend or something that they did before the game released

Am also waiting for the Pokemon video which starts in like ... 3 minutes

EDIT: Speaking of which, does anyone have a link to the stream?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Do my eyes ****ing deceive me?

Someone likes DMC2 that much?
I like 4, 5, and DmC more than 2. But yes, I do rate 2 above 1 and 3.

DMC3 being worse than DMC1 might be the single rarest take I've seen for a video game.
It’s just way to hard. I got all the way to the final boss, pushing through every bull **** fight that’s 5 times stronger and faster than me (the opposite of how I want to feel when playing a hack and slash. I want to feel 5 times more powerful than everything else.) before I got to the final Vergil fight and gave up because I hat better things to do with my time than get juggled all day.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Here it is, y'all!

Galar forms... nice!

AND CROSS GENERATIONAL EVOLUTIONS , BABY!

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Just finished watching

Basically confirms more stuff in the leaks re the evil team (doesn't seem very evil though...)

No new Farfetch'd evo (rip) ... yet

I love Weezing's Galar form

And that's about that

EDIT: Also interesting seeing them combine both cross gen evos with regional variants

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
"mr. masuda, the fans are asking for a new evolution to an old pokemon, which should-"
"zigzagoon"
"m-mr. masuda...?"
"did i ****ing stutter?"
"r-right away, mr masuda"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just feel vindicated that I always thought Linoone was a badger. Lo and behold, now the Galar form is a straight up European badger.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It's funny how the new evil team looks so incompetent that it makes me even more cautious of Chairman Rose and Oleana.

"mr. masuda, the fans are asking for a new evolution to an old pokemon, which should-"
"zigzagoon"
"m-mr. masuda...?"
"did i ****ing stutter?"
"r-right away, mr masuda"
He finally made the right decision.

(It's random, but at least they're trying more unorthodox Pokemon. Could've been Lucario or Pikachu.)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Industrial Weezing fits the quote of the painfully British Pokemon.
Then we've got a hamster who turns into a creepypasta when hungry.

And we've got a rival that certainly looks punchable.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Here it is, y'all!

Galar forms... nice!
So.... aside from Galarian Weezing, this trailer really didn’t have anything that cool. And this new evil team looks reaaaaaaaly dumb. In the past these things have wanted to remake the universe and created genocidal mutant Pokémon. And this one is just.... fans of this one girl. So stupid.

And we barely saw anything. Like, why hype up this trailer at all. I mean, it’s cool that they’re keeping Galarian forms. Lockstin can eat his words a little bit. But this was kind of just... a thing.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So excited about cross generational evolutions making a comeback!

Hopefully, Obstagoon isn't gonna be the only one

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Though I think Game Freak got mixed up between British Badgers and American ones.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
the japanese trailer has some other stuff that us WESTERNERS wouldn't understand

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
And this new evil team looks reaaaaaaaly dumb. In the past these things have wanted to remake the universe and created genocidal mutant Pokémon. And this one is just.... fans of this one girl. So stupid.
stans are the greatest form of evil

Noipoi

Howdy!
There’s some sort of new mechanic shown in the Japanese trailer.

I dunno exactly what it is, you send your Pokémon to do something.

It looks cool.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
great, now can we have this non-serious evil team actually be the evil team and not just a fakeout like how team skull were just set up to hide the aether foundation being the real baddies

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Good stuff
+ Regional variants are coming back, and it's not just for Kanto mon
+ Galarian Weezing and its wtf typing (and mystery ability???)
+ The two other rivals look cool, and show we're not just stuck with discount Hau
+ Cross gen evos are back

Bad stuff
- Was a bit short, would have at least liked to have seen the second stage forms of the starters
- While not every team has to aspire to world domination, Team Yell seems a little ... nothing (hopefully it's a Team Skull/Aether situation, where one of them proves the greater threat)
- This video probably wouldn't have swayed people who were iffy about the game

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I think I like seeing the alternate forms of old pokemon more than new pokemon tbh, its really interesting to see a different take on something familiar

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It’s always nice to get new information, but eh. They need to show the Final starter evolutions and other Pokémon that are currently unaccounted for in order to hype people up effectively if you ask me.

Team Yell is...eh. They’re not evil, probably just plebs.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
great, now can we have this non-serious evil team actually be the evil team and not just a fakeout like how team skull were just set up to hide the aether foundation being the real baddies
I actually prefer it this way, at least for now. Gen 6 proved to me that the usual "Here's the evil team. What could they be planning?" formula is getting stale.

Having someone completely random pretend to genuinely care about Pokemon only to turn around and endanger the whole region for their own selfish agenda makes for a more interesting villain IMO.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
the japanese trailer has some other stuff that us WESTERNERS wouldn't understand
Oh hell yeah, Croagunk is back too. A way better trailer than the one we got in all honesty. Ours felt a bit too sterile for its own good.

I'm super confused as to why this was ever announced beforehand though. They should have just shadow dropped something this short because it felt like they were talking a longer trailer on Twitter and stuff.

Ah well, still not a huge fan of forms and I feel like having cross generational evolutions exclusive to one form creates all sorts of problems down the road (So, if you want Zigzagoon in your game in the future, do you just not bring Obstagoon or? Just kind of seems like a way to further splinter the Pokemon available... but I digress. I didn't want more Gen 1 Pokemon getting forms... BUT that Weezing is kind of amazing lol. And the game looks a tad bit better than it has been from a visual standpoint I think (though that might be the placebo of new trailer hype haha).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom