• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I’m doing that. I have the entire God of War series to get through. It’s still a boring wait though.
Where you currently at or did you just start? Are you also doing it chronological orderwise?

1. God of War: Ascension
2. God of War: Chains of Olympus
3. God of War
4. God of War: Ghost of Sparta
5. God of War II
6. God of War III
7. God of War (2018)

Also speaking of which. Dave Bautista as Kratos in live-action film or bust.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Only on a surface level are the Links the same.

Even though they have different sizes due to Miles being younger? Miles could incorporate his electrical attacks and invisibility as well as his own flair to webs and acrobatics, there could be more differences if Peter gets his gadgets from the PS4 game. They made She-Hulk and X-23 different so why not Miles?
They’d literally both be called spider man. When you select them both on the screen the announcer would say Spider-Man. That’s not the same as she-Hulk it X-23 (two characters I would prefer be left behind anyway). I’d rather have two characters who are completely unique rather than two characters who literally have the same name.
not what i meant. the fact is they could easily have their own movesets each because they have their own unique style amongst them, they're just made like that cause of the development shenanigans

nah, miles is definitely unique enough.

did you know he emits electricity

View attachment 233477
Doesn’t Peter have taser webs? Wouldn’t they have the same effect?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
no? you saw the picture didn't you?

mile's electricity isn't from webs, it's from his body. it's bioelectric. like, he can zap you with his fist, his foot, anywhere on his body, not gizmos that would make zero sense for him to have.

haven't you read the ultimate comics or anything recent at all?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Where you currently at or did you just start? Are you also doing it chronological orderwise?

1. God of War: Ascension
2. God of War: Chains of Olympus
3. God of War
4. God of War: Ghost of Sparta
5. God of War II
6. God of War III
7. God of War (2018)

Also speaking of which. Dave Bautista as Kratos in live-action film or bust.
I’m doing order of release. Something tells me chronology order would lead to a weird gameplay shift. I’m still on one.

Also. Yes. This would rock.

Also. Jason Mamoa as Ganondorf in a Zelda movie please.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Maybe, but I still don't think it'd be that interesting for a stand-alone title, personally, and I don't think it would have a lot of readership since, while an iconic Spider-Man character, he doesn't have the popularity of someone like Venom, so even if they did a Lizard series, there's a chance it wouldn't finish, which would be worse then just not doing it..but I do think that a Prof. Hulk-like 'Dr. Lizard' would be interesting path to take the character on and have him team up with Spider-Man similar to how Clayface has with Batman in Batman Inc.
You're for sure that a solo title wouldn't work despite you mentioning his iconic status? To me it's all in the execution.

Though to be fair, I don't think a solo Lizard title would last, but not because the idea is bad. It's because Marvel is hemorrhaging right now (DC and indie companies are eating their lunch) and they insist on taking good characters and putting them into dumb stories...

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
They’d literally both be called spider man. When you select them both on the screen the announcer would say Spider-Man. That’s not the same as she-Hulk it X-23 (two characters I would prefer be left behind anyway). I’d rather have two characters who are completely unique rather than two characters who literally have the same name.

Unless they do what Marvel Ultimate Alliance did or the comics and some cartoons are doing and call him Kid Arachnid (similar to how Spider-Gwen no longer goes by Spider-Woman in her own comics but rather as Ghost Spider.

Peter doesn't normally have Taser Webbing, that's mostly brought out for Video Games as a power-up/ability.
Miles has a Bio-Electric Power that he can spread through his webbing, but it comes from his body.
Look at their moves in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and in Into the Spider-Verse, in the latter Peter kinda shows that he doesn't have those powers when he reacts to Miles doing them.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Random fact of the day: a character explicitly died on a Disney Junior show, today.

I would know about this were I not the Lion King nerd that I am.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I’m doing order of release. Something tells me chronology order would lead to a weird gameplay shift. I’m still on one.

Also. Yes. This would rock.

Also. Jason Mamoa as Ganondorf in a Zelda movie please.
Once your done. Do tell which ones you like from best to least. For me my favorite is a tie between the 2018 game and GOWIII I can't choose between them honestly.

As for least favorite. I like the rest equally. Huge bias on my part given I'm a God of War fanboy.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
no? you saw the picture didn't you?

mile's electricity isn't from webs, it's from his body. it's bioelectric. like, he can zap you with his fist, his foot, anywhere on his body, not gizmos that would make zero sense for him to have.

haven't you read the ultimate comics or anything recent at all?
No. I don’t really read the books. I watch the movies and tv shows and play the video games.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Random fact of the day: a character explicitly died on a Disney Junior show, today.
why are you watching little baby kids shows

Peter doesn't normally have Taser Webbing, that's mostly brought out for Video Games as a power-up/ability.
much like the gimmick suits that get used for like one story arc and is never mentioned again

like holy **** look how cool the spider-armor is

1564895502064.png

why is dan slott inventing cool things and only using them once

No. I don’t really read the books. I watch the movies and tv shows and play the video games.
oh man you probably should then if you don't know about miles at all

really great character, and his early history/backlash was super fascinating

Striga

Smash Journeyman
As much as I am indifferent to Miles, I think he could be different enough from Peter if he is considered for MVC. It worked for UA3, so I think the same could happen for MVC.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
why are you watching little baby kids shows

much like the gimmick suits that get used for like one story arc and is never mentioned again

like holy **** look how cool the spider-armor is

View attachment 233479

why is dan slott inventing cool things and only using them once

oh man you probably should then if you don't know about miles at all

really great character, and his early history/backlash was super fascinating
Look. I’m not saying he’s a bad character. I’m sure he’s great (even if I didn’t really like Spider-Verse that much). I just think his inclusion in Marvel vs Capcom would be redundant and unnecessary.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Look. I’m not saying he’s a bad character. I’m sure he’s great (even if I didn’t really like Spider-Verse that much). I just think his inclusion in Marvel vs Capcom would be redundant and unnecessary.
It's not wrong to think that, I just disagree. I know a bit about Miles and I think he'd be fine. At worst he'd be the :ultken: to Peter's :ultryu:, which isn't bad at all, because at least what's different unique about Miles shines through the most. A lot of people love Miles.

Besides if you don't know him as anything that isn't Spider-Man #2, I guess it'd be difficult to think of how he'd be different anyway. :drshrug:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's not wrong to think that, I just disagree. I know a bit about Miles and I think he'd be fine. At worst he'd be the :ultken: to Peter's :ultryu:, which isn't bad at all, because at least what's different unique about Miles shines through the most. A lot of people love Miles.

Besides if you don't know him as anything that isn't Spider-Man #2, I guess it'd be difficult to think of how he'd be different anyway. :drshrug:
I suppose if you put it like that... you could do him Ken style. I just wouldn’t want his inclusion to take away from the ability to include someone more unique.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well Spider-Man #2 is quite literally Ben Reilly, and he doesn't even take up the mantle permanently :yoshi:
Nah we're just taking the MCU-only casual group into the account here Zinith. Kain and Ben Reily would melt the minds of the masses. They could barely handle time travel and now you're trying to make Tom go through the Clone Saga?

You're trying to kill them out there! :drflip: No one's ready to see Kain rip the skin out of criminals!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Nah we're just taking the MCU-only casual group into the account here Zinith. Kain and Ben Reily would melt the minds of the masses. They could barely handle time travel and now you're trying to make Tom go through the Clone Saga?

You're trying to kill them out there! :drflip: No one's ready to see Kain rip the skin out of criminals!
Well at least the Clone Saga ended with establishing Peter Parker as Peter Parker and Ben Reilly as Peter Parker's clone.

Well, except for...

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
It’s pretty fun. I don’t think it’s the greatest rpg I’ve ever played, but I’m not too deep into it yet. I really like the characters.

I picked the Deer because Claude is cool, but Mercedes is a goddess and I’ll be damned if I don’t recruit her.
I spent so much time working on recruiting Mercedes.

Semi-unrelated note, I somehow recruited Annette and Lysithea in the same week.

Recruiting Hilda is going to kill me.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Tell me your secrets

What’s the best way to get this goddess of a woman on my squad
Once you unlock the option, if you haven't already, ask her to join you in battles for the month and set her as Byleth's adjutant, your support goes up just by fighting. Also, continue to give her gifts and lost items, invite her to choir practice and dinner, and increase your magic and bow stats. Eventually she should ask to join your class.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tell me your secrets

What’s the best way to get this goddess of a woman on my squad
Bows and Faith iirc. That and raising support to at least B level through tea, cooking, choir, eating, and gifts.

Source: Someone who didn't recruit her in time RIP. Annette was actually the only student I ended up recruiting.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Had a mini-panic attack with Fire Emblem, Gentlepanda Gentlepanda staindgrey staindgrey
After the time skip, I was immediately asked to speak with Petra. I did, and afterward it said I achieved A rank support with her. I figured that was fine.

Well once I checked my support relationships, the S was highlighted in blue. I don’t know what that means, but I didn’t save so I panicked and closed the game as it was saved at the beginning of the Part 2.

Crazy **** going on btw. Loving the new designs, and the story. But I am planning to romance Edelgard, so I don’t want to mess it up somehow. What do I do? Do I just not talk to Petra, or does the glowed up S not mean anything?

Thanks for your help, you two.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If the Simpsons Wrestling Game is an official source, then Ned Flanders is the ULTIMATE authority on Christianity :yoshi:
who could forget the holy wrath of Ned "The Rapture" Flanders

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I was thinking Miguel would be an alt character for Spider-Man. I did want to bring in alt characters again like Ken for Ryu and War Machine for Iron Man

Unfamiliar with the other Mega Man series so what they could bring, I was thinking Roll would have more melee combat than Mega Man as well as moves from her Tatsunoko vs. Capcom appearance. Might consider Blade but the potential for the wing blade/shield combat plus the back rockets and bird drone make him interesting to me
With Miguel, since he has things like his arm blades and poison bite, I could see him like a Ken style off-shoot, but as you had in your list, Miles might as well fulfill that role.

Well, Geo for example more or less has a Stand. Of course like many Mega Men a ton of projectiles, rapid kicks, Top-Spin like moves, swords, drills and axes.

Cloak and Dagger were gonna be a JoJo styled character in MvC3, but it fell through. I think Geo could revisit the idea. Bass.EXE could also just be a good choice for a Villain if need be, primarily floating, using Gatling guns and Reppuken like projectiles.

Well Spider-Man #2 is quite literally Ben Reilly, and he doesn't even take up the mantle permanently :yoshi:
Kaine's even the better Scarlet Spider. What else can Ben Reily even do at this point.

I was meh on Miles at first, but he got better over time. Still I think the Spider-Verse version cranked it up to 11 and made him as dope as Tim Drake.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
so who's gonna be the OC mix-match villain combination of MVC4? thanos was done, galactus was done, sigma/ultron was done, what's next?

i wanna see something that's not really thought of before. something with dr. wily in it at least.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
so who's gonna be the OC mix-match villain combination of MVC4? thanos was done, galactus was done, sigma/ultron was done, what's next?

i wanna see something that's not really thought of before. something with dr. wily in it at least.
Since Yami was done for TVC, maybe Mundus from the DMC games? It'd be nice if the boss was another Capcom related villain.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I would have to say... well first off. An alliance between Red Skull, Loki, M. Bison, and Wesker would make for an interesting plot. But apart from that.... maybe The Beyonder or The Grandmaster. Just because of the whole cosmic games angle.

Another interesting thing would be to have multiple Boss characters actually be fought instead of just the final. MODOK, Mundas, Willy, Fin Fang Foom, Meio, Rathalos, those kinds of characters.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I know it’s not grand enough but I was thinking something involving Dr. Wily and Doc Ock.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom