• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Anyone remember Ben 10? I loved that show as a kid.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Anyone remember Ben 10? I loved that show as a kid.
the reboot is the reason i reject calarts and society as a whole

why did they have to do it to em, at least teen titans go kept the same continuity

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Look. I’m not saying he’s a bad character. I’m sure he’s great (even if I didn’t really like Spider-Verse that much). I just think his inclusion in Marvel vs Capcom would be redundant and unnecessary.
I mean, we had both Wolverine and his literal clone, X-23, in Marvel vs Capcom 3 and they didn't play anything alike, the same could easily be done to Miles to make him not so redundant.
That said, I think its 50/50 on if he'd be included because while he's similar, which is a negative, he's also very popular due to Into the Spider-Verse..but then, so is Spider-Gwen, who could incorporate some elements of Venom since, unlike Peter, she learned to control her version of the Venom Symbiote rather then get rid of it..though I don't know if she really uses it for anything more than just having Spider Powers in her comics (I haven't gotten that far yet).

why did they have to do it to em, at least teen titans go kept the same continuity
Don't blame CalArts..I honestly more blame tumblr at this point..

And, no, Teen Titans Go definitely did not keep the same continuity..remember, in Go they not only meet Trigon for the first time but also fight the original versions of themselves and comment on how they are cooler then them as well as reference their world being rebooted.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, we had both Wolverine and his literal clone, X-23, in Marvel vs Capcom 3 and they didn't play anything alike, the same could easily be done to Miles to make him not so redundant.
That said, I think its 50/50 on if he'd be included because while he's similar, which is a negative, he's also very popular due to Into the Spider-Verse..but then, so is Spider-Gwen, who could incorporate some elements of Venom since, unlike Peter, she learned to control her version of the Venom Symbiote rather then get rid of it..though I don't know if she really uses it for anything more than just having Spider Powers in her comics (I haven't gotten that far yet).
I don’t like X-23 in 3 either. For the record. And She-Hulk’s moveset should get tweaked a bit and given to Jessica Jones.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You say that like it’s a good thing
The point is that it's a plus in TTG's favor.

WHY'D THEY DO IT TO BEN LIKE THAT, HE HAD A WHOLE 10 YEARS OF CHARACTER DEVLEOPMENT THROWN IN THE GARBAGE

Striga

Smash Journeyman

Yeah. I’m not watching the reboot. The other series besides the original may be mixed bags, but I’ll take them over the reboot.
I remember Ben ten from the death battle promote I wonder how it went.
Green Lantern won, despite the fact that Alien X can literally rewrite the fabric of reality and could’ve wipe Hal, as well as the universe, out of existence.
Because Death Battle Logic.
EDIT: And I guess ScrewAttack completely forgot that the FailSafe, the program that lets the Ominmatrix turn its wearer into whatever form suitable to sage the wearers life at the speed of The Big Bang, exists, but whatever.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah. I’m not watching the reboot. The other series besides the original may be mixed bags, but I’ll take them over the reboot.

Green Lantern won, despite the fact that Alien X can literally rewrite the fabric of reality and could’ve wipe Hal, as well as the universe, out of existence.
Because Death Battle Logic.
Yeah. I’m not the biggest fan of the reboot either. It’s just... not very good. I understand wanting to go in a different creative direction. But that direction just sucks. And it sucks that Kuro thinks the only reason people hate it is neophobia.

Yeah. But Hal can theoretically survive being erased from existence.... look I wanted Ben to win. But GL is just broken.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
remember that thundercats reboot that nobody liked

was it cancelled or something cause i aint heard of it since

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The one that looked like an anime, or the one that looked like Teen Titans Go? Because the one was actually pretty good and the other hasn’t even come out yet.
thundercats 2011 was the bomb diggity

i was talkin about this monstrosity

1564901520214.png

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. But Hal can theoretically survive being erased from existence.... look I wanted Ben to win. But GL is just broken.
I like Hal as much as the next GL nerd, but there is no way Ben should’ve lost that battle. But this isn’t the first time DB had pulled something like this. *glares menacingly at Toph vs Gaara and Yang vs Tifa*
thundercats 2011 was the bomb diggity

i was talkin about this monstrosity
Where did I leave the Holy Water?

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
My siblings are also left handed, we are kind of ambidextrous, I just can't write or draw with my right hand.
:O Oooh! Cool! ^u^ I wish I was ambidextrous myself. I feel it has a lot of advantages. And yup, that's the same for me! I just cannot do that no matter how hard I try to do anything with my right hand when it comes to drawing and writing. And I know there's a way one can become ambidexter, but it seems kind of old fashioned...I dunno, a teacher from middle school I think, told me that teachers or parents would leave the left hand tied behind the back so they were forced to use their right hand. xD Sounds kind of scary, though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I like Hal as much as the next GL nerd, but there is no way Ben should’ve lost that battle. But this isn’t the first time DB had pulled something like this. *glares menacingly at Toph vs Gaara and Yang vs Tifa*

Where did I leave the Holy Water?
Dude. Kilowog survived the ducking crisis. And Hal in the current timeline is way more powerful than him. If you can survive the crisis on infinite earths, you can survive alien x.

Also. I still don’t know why people disagree with those last two. Their evidence is sound. I feel like people just disagree with them when it’s their favorite that looses.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
so who's gonna be the OC mix-match villain combination of MVC4? thanos was done, galactus was done, sigma/ultron was done, what's next?

i wanna see something that's not really thought of before. something with dr. wily in it at least.
The entire FBI, the bad guys actually originate from the Ace Attorney franchise.

They thought ultron sigma was scary? Wait until they see what court is like

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Nope, it’s actually still alive. Surprised it hasn’t been cancelled at all. The show was used to design a bag in the Warner Bros San Diego Comic Con 2019.
oh god please no

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
-says 4th and final dlc

-blocked content is a source

-uses the fake paragon leak to back its claims.

Man what has journalism become...
The leak is most definitely fake. But at the same time... I could really easily see Frisk in Smash. Even if I think Quote is the most likely indie character at this point.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, yeah, that **** is hard. There's only so much time in game development. A nice mix of franchises, while also keeping the designs of their gameplay interesting is tricky.

And sure, every game has a handful of Ken style characters, so a few of those wouldn't be bad too.
Do you know how similar X in Infinite was to classic Mega Man in the 2D games?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
-says 4th and final dlc

-blocked content is a source

-uses the fake paragon leak to back its claims.

Man what has journalism become...
Comicbook.com reports on literally everything regardless of legitimacy. That was the first giveaway. :V

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Also. I still don’t know why people disagree with those last two. Their evidence is sound. I feel like people just disagree with them when it’s their favorite that looses.
Bruh, Gaara beats Toph in ever possible way. He is fast enough to keep up with the likes of Rock Lee, The Raikage, and Naruto in his Tailed Beast form and his sand is tough enough to protect him from hits from Madara’s Susanoo. I don’t like Naruto-at all-but Gaara is a way tougher fighter than Toph, much as I love her.

As far as Yang vs Tifa goes, Tifa’s Premium Heart Gauntlets boost her power of 150 x 7.6, and the more damage she takes, the gauntlet boost her power times 4. Then there’s here limit break which boosts her power over times 2,000. So multiply math, Tifa at max would deal over 2,000,000 times worth of damage.
Yeah. I’m sorry, but there is no way Yang could tank that much damage, even with Aura.
If your still curious about that bag design, here you go:
They look like living blobs of play dough.

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
:O Oooh! Cool! ^u^ I wish I was ambidextrous myself. I feel it has a lot of advantages. And yup, that's the same for me! I just cannot do that no matter how hard I try to do anything with my right hand when it comes to drawing and writing. And I know there's a way one can become ambidexter, but it seems kind of old fashioned...I dunno, a teacher from middle school I think, told me that teachers or parents would leave the left hand tied behind the back so they were forced to use their right hand. xD Sounds kind of scary, though.
it is scary, it makes you feel that you are doing things wrong. Spiral note books, three ring binders, those were an utter nightmare for my left hand also screw can openers and library pens. ^^

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Bruh, Gaara beats Toph in ever possible way. He is fast enough to keep up with the likes of Rock Lee, The Raikage, and Naruto in his Tailed Beast form and his sand is tough enough to protect him from hits from Madara’s Susanoo. I don’t like Naruto-at all-but Gaara is a way tougher fighter than Toph, much as I love her.

As far as Yang vs Tifa goes, Tifa’s Premium Heart Gauntlets boost her power of 150 x 7.6, and the more damage she takes, the gauntlet boost her power times 4. Then there’s here limit break which boosts her power over times 2,000. So multiply math, Tifa at max would deal over 2,000,000 times worth of damage.
Yeah. I’m sorry, but there is no way Yang could tank that much damage, even with Aura.

They look like living blobs of play dough.
I mean. All you’ve really done is big up Gaara and Tifa. You haven’t actually discredited Toph or Yang beyond saying “they’re weaker”. Also, raw power is often times not the reason characters win in fights. It’s actually probably the least useful stat to take into account.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I mean. All you’ve really done is big up Gaara and Tifa. You haven’t actually discredited Toph or Yang beyond saying “they’re weaker”. Also, raw power is often times not the reason characters win in fights. It’s actually probably the least useful stat to take into account.
dude yang doesnt beat tifa, im sorry man. raw power can do a lot more than you think, she could turn yang into paste in a blow. final fantasy monsters ain't a joke, especially the **** you find in 7. especially when RWBY was at like, season 3 or something.

to the day my headcanon is that they made yang win to approve their newly obtained owners, Rooster Teeth, AKA the producers of RWBY.

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Rock Lee isn't manipulating Gaara's sand, nether is the Raikage or Naruto. So the comparison is moot. Toph can and has shown the ability to manipulate other earth benders earth, thus she can manipulate Gaara's sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom