• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
dude yang doesnt beat tifa, im sorry man. raw power can do a lot more than you think, she could turn yang into paste in a blow. final fantasy monsters ain't a joke, especially the **** you find in 7. especially when RWBY was at like, season 3 or something.

to the day my headcanon is that they made yang win to approve their newly obtained owners, Rooster Teeth, AKA the producers of RWBY.
Dude. They don’t do that. They never have. They have repeatedly said that if they did they’d probably put out at least double the episodes in a year.

Either way, I stick by their ruling. You can disagree. But you’re gonna have a hard time convincing me otherwise.

Rock Lee isn't manipulating Gaara's sand, nether is the Raikage or Naruto. So the comparison is moot. Toph can and has shown the ability to manipulate other earth benders earth, thus she can manipulate Gaara's sand.
Gaara is constantly covered in sand armor. Toph could literally crush him like a soda can.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Had a mini-panic attack with Fire Emblem, Gentlepanda Gentlepanda staindgrey staindgrey
After the time skip, I was immediately asked to speak with Petra. I did, and afterward it said I achieved A rank support with her. I figured that was fine.

Well once I checked my support relationships, the S was highlighted in blue. I don’t know what that means, but I didn’t save so I panicked and closed the game as it was saved at the beginning of the Part 2.

Crazy **** going on btw. Loving the new designs, and the story. But I am planning to romance Edelgard, so I don’t want to mess it up somehow. What do I do? Do I just not talk to Petra, or does the glowed up S not mean anything?

Thanks for your help, you two.
you only pick who you want to s-rank at the end of the game, so it glowing blue just means it'll be available as an option when that time comes

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Knight Dude Knight Dude

Alright. Here’s what I came up with. It feels too big. But it’s the best I can do.

Marvel vs. Capcom 5

Marvel

1. Iron Man
  2. The Hulk
  3. Thor
  4. Captain America
  5. Hawkeye
  6. Black Widow
  7. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  8. Dr. Strange
  9. Black Panther
  10. Spider-Man
  11. Captain Marvel
  12. Star-Lord
  13. Rocket Raccoon
  14. Fantastic Four
  15. Wolverine
  16. Cyclops
  17. Storm
  18. Deadpool
  19. Psylocke
  20. Crystal
  21. Daredevil
  22. Blade
  23. Ghost Rider
  24. The Mandarin
  25. Loki
  26. Ultron
  27. Thanos
  28. Green Goblin
  29. Dr. Octopus
  30. Venom
  31. Magneto
  32. Juggernaut
  33. Sentinel
  34. Dr. Doom
  35. Dormammu
  36. Blackheart

Capcom

1. Mega Man
  2. Zero
  3. Sigma
  4. Tron Bonne
  5. Ryu
  6. Chun-Li
  7. M. Bison
  8. Akuma
  9. Juri Han
  10. Gill
  11. Rashid
  12. Mike Haggar
  13. Sodom
  14. Morrigan Aensland
  15. Felicia
  16. Jon Talbain
  17. Jedah Dohma
  18. Strider Hiryu
  19. Captain Commando
  20. Sir Arthur
  21. Leon S. Kennedy
  22. Jill Valentine
  23. Albert Wesker
  24. Nemesis T-Type
  25. Dante
  26. Trish
  27. Vergil
  28. Phoenix Wright
  29. Huntsman
  30. Batsu Ichimonji
  31. Tessa
  32. Edward Falcon
  33. Asura
  34. Samanosuke
  35. PTX-40A
  36. Nina

DLC

1. Cable
  2. Gambit
  3. Elsa Bloodstone
  4. Sersi
  5. Namor the Sub-Mariner
  6. Wonder Man
  7. Shang Chi
  8. Amingo
  9. Hayato Kanzaki
  10. G
  11. Donovan Baine
  12. Nero
  13. Nillin Cartier-Wells
  14. Super Ace

Last edited:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Well, anyways, I'm very near the end of my Dragon Quest IV playthrough. It's been a suprising playthrough so far. I did not expect to have as much fun with this game as I did.
I mean. All you’ve really done is big up Gaara and Tifa. You haven’t actually discredited Toph or Yang beyond saying “they’re weaker”. Also, raw power is often times not the reason characters win in fights. It’s actually probably the least useful stat to take into account.
So you'll just write off what I say as just buffing the character without listening? Welp, I made my argument folks.
Rock Lee isn't manipulating Gaara's sand, nether is the Raikage or Naruto. So the comparison is moot. Toph can and has shown the ability to manipulate other earth benders earth, thus she can manipulate Gaara's sand.
Even if Toph can maniuplate Gaara's sand, chances are she wont get the cnhance to make a move because again, Gaara has faced opponents with supersonic speed.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Either way, I stick by their ruling. You can disagree. But you’re gonna have a hard time convincing me otherwise.
Pretty sheepish to just accept it cause an internet show said so.
I mean I'm pretty sure I'm the guy who's behind most people discovering the feats in the anime F-Zero. I'm the guy who found them years ago. :drflip: So you're welcome Falcon's not dead because they got most of the info right, the only thing that wasn't taken was their weird theory on pyrokinesis.

edit: oh yeah they also said ryu = andy which is total BS, zoda beat ryu up multiple times not even a challenge, so the scaling can't work

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, anyways, I'm very near the end of my Dragon Quest IV playthrough. It's been a suprising playthrough so far. I did not expect to have as much fun with this game as I did.

So you'll just write off what I say as just buffing the character without listening? Welp, I made my argument folks.

Even if Toph can maniuplate Gaara's sand, chances are she wont get the cnhance to make a move because again, Gaara has faced opponents with supersonic speed.
He’s literally just covered in sand. Toph can literally prevent him from moving.

And no. I won’t just write off what you say. But you can’t just say “Gaara wins because he’s fast” without also saying why Toph can’t counter that advantage. You can’t make an argument by just giving one piece of information on only one character.

Pretty sheepish to just accept it cause an internet show said so.
I mean I'm pretty sure I'm the guy who's behind most people discovering the feats in the anime F-Zero. I'm the guy who found them years ago. :drflip: So you're welcome Falcon's not dead because they got most of the info right, the only thing that wasn't taken was their weird theory on pyrokinesis.

edit: oh yeah they also said ryu = andy which is total BS
How is it weird? He created fire with a pelvic thrust? He’s not thrusting his hips fast enough to ignite the air.

They specifically said that one was better than the other because in order to become Captain Falcon you have to be better than the last one.

And I except their verdict because they actually present arguments for both characters instead of just saying how strong one character is without touching the other. Like so many people do.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've only watched like, two or three death battles and I think people take them way too seriously. It seems to me like they're more concerned with making fights that are both entertaining and creative then they are with trying to "prove" one character is "stronger" (as if that's an objective term in the world of fantasy) then the other.

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
That doesn't matter because Toph is able to do the one thing many people that Gaara has faced failed to do and that is pressure him, use his own weapon against him. Toph on the other hand has fought many people who can manipulate earth so she has more experience with earth than Gaara does.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I've only watched like, two or three death battles and I think people take them way too seriously. It seems to me like they're more concerned with making fights that are both entertaining and creative then they are with trying to "prove" one character is "stronger" (as if that's an objective term in the world of fantasy) then the other.
every time i see death battle discussion devolving into heated arguments i'm just thinking "what, the animated rooster teeth youtube things?"

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Do you know how similar X in Infinite was to classic Mega Man in the 2D games?
Not that similar, outside of having multiple projectiles, but even most of those are different. Both have an Uppercut too, MMX doesn't use an actual SRK, which seems like a missed opportunity. Even a good chunk of their normals are different from each other. Despite both being called Mega Man, MM and MMX aren't quite a Link situation.

Mega Man X's X-Buster works differently from the Busters Classic Mega Man, Zero and Mega Man Volnutt use in their VS appearances. Since it's more of a Hadoken that you can charge up rather than holding down a Punch Button. What he gets in turn is being able to use follow up attacks after his buster shot. And unlike OG Mega Man in MVC1 and 2, MMX doesn't need to swap weapons, he can us all of his attacks on the ground. What Classic Mega Man and the other two get is that they can get in close and combo you then release the Buster, or simply move about while firing. Mega Man X also gets an install that uses his Light Armor, enhances his specials, and one of his Level 1 supers.

Volnutt's more similar to OG Mega Man moveset wise if only because of how his Buster works and his stance changes work like a more refined version of Eddy popping up to give you weapons. But that's because there's a **** ton of ways to interpret any single Mega Man protagonist's moveset in a fighting game.

I think if there's any additions to MMX I'd make is that he get to use more of his tool kit in mid-air. And give him stuff like Speed Burner and Frost Tower for Close Range Specials. Like Spider-Man getting Spider-Cannon or Venom getting a new move in mid-air and his Venom Trap.

Classic Mega Man, I would just have it so that he doesn't need to swap weapons so that his keep-a-way can get crazier. Of course, like many returning characters, Mega Man could just get re-worked to a significant deal if need be. Ryu in MVC3 is pretty different to MVC2 Ryu.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
He’s literally just covered in sand. Toph can literally prevent him from moving.
And Green Lanter literally makes appliances with his ring.

I can simplify a character too.
And no. I won’t just write off what you say. But you can’t just say “Gaara wins because he’s fast” without also saying why Toph can’t counter that advantage. You can’t make an argument by just giving one piece of information on only one character.
Well then I do not know what else to tell you, other I agree to disagree. It is very clear you and I will not see eye tp ey on this, so its best to drop this. Besides, I wont argue with someone who tends to dismiss what other say like you did.
Just saying. If you are going to have discussions like this, it helps to have a more open mind as opposed to resorted to "All your doing is buffing your character". If it was that simple, these Death Battle arguments wouldn't drag on as nearly as long as they do.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How is it weird? He created fire with a pelvic thrust? He’s not thrusting his hips fast enough to ignite the air.
Yeah but the fire is a Smash Bros. exclusive thing, it's never mentioned in the anime. They're all separate continuities that they just composite. It's not fact that anything they said about why he uses fire moves in Smash.

They specifically said that one was better than the other because in order to become Captain Falcon you have to be better than the last one.
No, that's not quite right. If you watched the anime, the quote is:

"One who surpasses Falcon becomes Falcon."

It doesn't specify how you do it, but I assume it's more heroic bravery or justice instead of anything else. Andy Summer was an ex-cop, so was Ryu. They share similar backgrounds and stories. Besides, if you watched the anime you know that Ryu is literally just a generic "Chosen One" archetype who was going to be granted the role of Captain Falcon anyway.

I didn't watch the 51 episodes for nothing. Half of the episodes are filler and the show was really not good in general. The only things I actually enjoyed from watching it was every Black Shadow moment and the Falcon Punch.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
One thing that always bugs me about Vs. battles is that the no limit fallacy is used all the time. Just because a character has a feat in their own universe with its own rules doesn't mean the same can be utilized against another character from a DIFFERENT universe with its own rules.

"Aku can only be defeated by Samurai Jack's sword, so the Master Sword, Excalibur, Falchion, etc. can NOT!!!" :yoshi:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
One thing that always bugs me about Vs. battles is that the no limit fallacy is used all the time.
oh dude dont get me started

ganondorf winning cause "can only die by master sword" made me so salty

Striga

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna watch more X-Files. Seasons 1 and 2 were awesome. Hopefully 3 is just as good.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Bowser had no weapon to put down Ganondorf but Ganondorf had more than enough power to kill bowser and with superior magic too.
OH YOU HAVE NO ****ING IDEA

I WENT OFF 3 YEARS BEFORE BOWSER VS GANONDORF WAS MADE BABY

THATS ME IN 2015 PROVING BOWSER TOTALLY WINS

it's probably super oudated but in the end, bowser's way too strong and too tough to not demolish ganondorf before he could get the chance. if ganondorf is physically destroyed, that's it, that's game over, ganondorf has to wait centuries before he's reincarnated and by then bowser's already long gone.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You.... *sigh* you just demonstrated my point entirely...
people don't take BFRs into account either.

say the NLF still goes into effect. ****, just chuck him across the planet, throw him into space even. he's strong enough to do that, and if it's BFR, that's still a totally valid win.

Noipoi

Howdy!
OH YOU HAVE NO ****ING IDEA

I WENT OFF 3 YEARS BEFORE BOWSER VS GANONDORF WAS MADE BABY

THATS ME IN 2015 PROVING BOWSER TOTALLY WINS

it's probably super oudated but in the end, bowser's way too strong and too tough to not demolish ganondorf before he could get the chance. if ganondorf is physically destroyed, that's it, that's game over, ganondorf has to wait centuries before he's reincarnated and by then bowser's already long gone.
So young

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
oh god i was 14, now i'm 18

time is going too fast

Bowser does not have any weapon that can put down Ganondorf.
he doesn't need one. all he needs are his fists to rip him apart because his body isn't going to magically repair itself if sheer brute force tears him in half.

you could actually try countering the argument instead of just repeating it. :239:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
I know right?

Right now I’m 17, but after my birthday I’ll be 18.

How the **** does that work?
I remeber when I was 15 thinking life wouldn't fly by.
Now I'm 20 and it all seems like a blink.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
he doesn't need one. all he needs are his fists to rip him apart because his body isn't going to magically repair itself if sheer brute force tears him in half.

you could actually try countering the argument instead of just repeating it. :239:
Bowser can't tear about Ganondorf. Ganondorf has the tri force of power making him nearly impervious to conventional harm, with that power he can overwhelm Bowser.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The funny thing about Ganon is that he can be defeated by weapons other then the Master Sword in some games.

The Master Sword wasn't even a thing in the original LoZ, and I delivered the final blow using a lantern in AlbW just for the heck of it.

Nintendo always puts gameplay before story but I've always seen it as "Ganon is just really difficult to defeat without the Master Sword".

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Death Battle: Thanos versus Rattata

Thanos used snap!
Rattata hung on using it's Focus Sash!
Rattata used Endeavor!
Rattata used Quick Attack! Thanos fainted!

This means Rattata is more powerful then Thanos. Obviously.

Top ten characters who can defeat Thanos (with the infinity gauntlet) (in under 10 seconds).

Last edited:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Death Battle: Thanos versus Rattata

Thanos used snap!
Rattata hung on using it's Focus Sash!
Rattata used Endeavor!
Rattata used Quick Attack! Thanos fainted!

This means Rattata is more powerful then Thanos. Obviously.

Top ten characters who can defeat Thanos (with the infinity gauntlet) (in under 10 seconds).
I nearly spat my water out when I read this goddamnit XD.
Ummmmmmm

Last time I checked it’s NEVER too late to follow your dream
The pessismist sees dreams as impossible. The optimist sees dreams as something to be achieved. Both are right.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Bowser can't tear about Ganondorf. Ganondorf has the tri force of power making him nearly impervious to conventional harm, with that power he can overwhelm Bowser.
The most "conventional" harm Ganondorf has ever been through was being scorched by Valoo and having a castle fall on top of him.

Also, provide evidence at least that Ganondorf could be even close to physically stronger than Bowser just cause "triforce of power". The Zelda series isn't going to be consistently and equally strong as any other series. Bowser has shown way more strength, and more importantly, durability capabilities. Ganondorf can't just overpower him cause Triforce, if he's not strong enough, then he just isn't. Bowser should be more than capable of resisting his attacks, and even more-so Ganondorf doesn't show any resistance to similar magic that he's used before. Bowser could easily use his own magic against Ganondorf and have just as similar advantages. If you want to use your logic:

>use magic
>ganondorf now brick
>hit brick
>ganon KO

he isn't dead obviously, but a win is a win. i can always go back on how bowser could interact with ghosts/souls as ganondorf would eventually become one

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
according to ChronoBound (who has been around since pre-Melee) characters such as Bowser, Peach, Wario, Diddy Kong, Ganondorf, Zelda, Sheik, King Dedede, Mewtwo, Meowth, Charizard, and Banjo-Kazooie dominated discussion.
Not surprised. In fact I'm still surprised Meowth was never made playable tbh.
Everyone is here... except Meowth. :urg::sadeyes::(:crying::cry:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Now we're talking about Ganondorf, but Ganon?

**** dude with the full triforce at his side bowser is t-o-a-s-t.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
The most "conventional" harm Ganondorf has ever been through was being scorched by Valoo and having a castle fall on top of him.

Also, provide evidence at least that Ganondorf could be even close to physically stronger than Bowser just cause "triforce of power". The Zelda series isn't going to be consistently and equally strong as any other series. Bowser has shown way more strength, and more importantly, durability capabilities. Ganondorf can't just overpower him cause Triforce, if he's not strong enough, then he just isn't. Bowser should be more than capable of resisting his attacks, and even more-so Ganondorf doesn't show any resistance to similar magic that he's used before. Bowser could easily use his own magic against Ganondorf and have just as similar advantages. If you want to use your logic:

>use magic
>ganondorf now brick
>hit brick
>ganon KO

he isn't dead obviously, but a win is a win. i can always go back on how bowser could interact with ghosts/souls as ganondorf would eventually become one
When it comes to magic Bowser is not in Ganondorf's weight class. Its like comparing a wizard to a sorcerer to be honest

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
When it comes to magic Bowser is not in Ganondorf's weight class. Its like comparing a wizard to a sorcerer to be honest
Does it change the fact that Bowser's magic is still very much effective because Ganondorf doesn't have any immunity or resistances to the types of magic?

The answer is no. :073: You didn't even try to refute it, you just said something unrelated.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Thanos: snaps

no one:

Thanos, not realizing that he could be a part of the 50% and now dissolving: oh god oh ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom