• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's probably for the better if I did ban things. Stress itself is not fun, but then again, what is around here?
And this depression/anger routine will eventually blow off, but I still am likely to give up.
But that's just making it less fun for others, as well, which is just selfish.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's probably for the better if I did ban things. Stress itself is not fun, but then again, what is around here?
And this depression/anger routine will eventually blow off, but I still am likely to give up.
Just out of curiosity, what have you banned?

Soul.

I think Falco might end up as a "faster" Ganondorf. Here's why: Falco's frame data is one of the faster one which means he'll punish faster than Ganondorf, but weaker than him. So, if we're going by RPG stuff, Falco would be like a regular warrior who does good damage, but won't be doing incredible damage like a berserker or whatever class that can OHKO things or get them down to like 10 HP out of 100 HP in one hit. Falco will probably get people to 30 HP, but won't be able to tank things like Ganondorf and land another hit and end the match immediately. Falco's going to need 5-10 hits or so while Ganondorf can get 3 and call it a day.

In other words: Falco and Ganondorf will have a lot stacked against them, but with good reads, they're probably going to destroy everyone. Both suffer from poor mobility and approach options. I think they get the most out of attacks compared to everyone else aside from you-know-who.

The fundamentals characters: Marth, Lucina, Falco, Kirby, and Ganondorf to an extent rewards skill and good play, but have a lot stacked against them at times.

This also makes me feel like Falco has an advantage against Fox since while Fox has a higher DPS (damage per second), Falco has a higher rewards per hit. In other words, trading blows with Falco as Fox is like trading blows with Ganondorf as Captain Falcon.
Huh, he has one of the fastest frame data in the game. Interesting... If I recall correctly, Falco relies on his BAir to net a KO, am I right? His BAir is one of his best moves so of course he'll use it 60% of the time.

I wonder why Kirby is a fundamental character though. What is his forte, to be specific?

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well you're not going to win fans if you're trying to force people to change how they play just because you can't handle it. Maybe if it's both sides agreeing to it, which in that case it's fine. Also no you're not going to be better if you keep rejecting things, because raw experience is the best way to get better.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
But that's just making it less fun for others, as well, which is just selfish.
Unfortunately my frequent stress and anger make me to many bad things, and I have given this game and Brawl many chances. The former I had less patience with due to how the community altered me in a bad way (reference to bullies, trolls, arrogant players, some being offline elitists and/r top tier users).

Just out of curiosity, what have you banned?
All top tiers (Diddy, Sheik, Yoshi, ZSS, Lucario, Sonic, Fox), Rosalina, Ness, Mac, Falcon (this one is a personal hatred), Ike (this one will blow over later, but not atm), Luigi (to be safe), and that's for characters with Dark Pit and Mario being questionable.
Stage-wise, I don't like seeing Omegas all the time, because this is NOT For Glory. The worse part is that the list grows if something irritates me so much.
I'm likely to use customs if things get worse. I'm no good at channeling in my anger and such.

At least I finished the 9.0 with no life loss at least... -_-

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
All top tiers (Diddy, Sheik, Yoshi, ZSS, Lucario, Sonic, Fox), Rosalina, Ness, Mac, Falcon (this one is a personal hatred), Ike (this one will blow over later, but not atm), Luigi (to be safe), and that's for characters with Dark Pit and Mario being questionable.
Stage-wise, I don't like seeing Omegas all the time, because this is NOT For Glory. The worse part is that the list grows if something irritates me so much.
I'm likely to use customs if things get worse. I'm no good at channeling in my anger and such.

Hot damn, you just banned 3/4 of my mains and are undecided regarding my secondaries.

...W-we can't play together? :sadeyes:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hot damn, you just banned 3/4 of my mains and are undecided regarding my secondaries.

...W-we can't play together? :sadeyes:
I apologize, but as you can see, I'm not really worth much anymore. I'm too picky, and I could rant about most character if someone asks me. Trust me when I say this isn't pretty.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Thirteen (technically fifteen counting Dark Pit and Mario) characters seem to be a bit on the excessive side don't you think? I mean, you've pretty much banned around 25% of the cast.

Soul.

Someone said Tumblr. The only good thing about it is .GIFs.
Please stand up and listen to this song unless you want to become one of them.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Im shocked you didnt ban Villager

Banning stuff isnt fun at all. Im sorry but Im shocked people would play with you with your banning left and right and your rules

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Huh, he has one of the fastest frame data in the game. Interesting... If I recall correctly, Falco relies on his BAir to net a KO, am I right? His BAir is one of his best moves so of course he'll use it 60% of the time.

I wonder why Kirby is a fundamental character though. What is his forte, to be specific?

Since people don't know a lot about Falco, they rely on his Bair for kills. Well, Bair can be used as a pseudo-sex kick which was how Wolf used his Bair in Brawl. Fair for some reason people still don't understand is a good off-stage move since it is a way for Falco to gimp and kill off-stage, Uair kills well since Falco can jump high and Uair someone past the blast zone, and Dair, while slower and situational, is still a good meteor; it's tied with Captain Falcon and Ganondorf's Nipple spike and stomp. The only difference is that Ganondorf meteors at any given percent - he can and will meteor you at 0% and take a stock if you screw up - and Captain Falcon's Nipple spike was always like this. Falco had the fastest meteor in Melee and Brawl, but it was changed to be more like other meteors. Still, I wonder what would happen if Falco's Dair was like in previous games where it was fast, but it meteor much, much later than other meteors. People would still complain about how it got nerfed in terms of meteor-power and damage. For an alternative, meteoring with Falco Phantasm is still an option, especially since it still has a hitbox if Falco runs off the ledge and immediately Falco Phantasms back to the ledge.

From the Phantasm Spike! thread.

Falco also has Dtilt, Up Smash, Side Smash, Down Smash, and even Utilt for kills. Add in U-throw and B-throw near the ledge and Falco has 12 kill moves. The main issue stays: mobility. Falco has a good walking speed, but slow dashing and airspeed. Oh, he has hops and is a fast-faller, but his horizontal mobility kills his game. Reverse aerial rushing with Wolf's Bair is fine since Wolf had good airspeed; Falco doesn't which makes RAR Bair less effective. Granted, it's still deadly.

Here's a list of the Dairs from this thread: smashboards.com/threads/list-of-attacks-grabs-from-fastest-initial-frame-to-slowest-frame-speed.388564/.
Fastest Dair:

1. Lucario, Meta Knight (frame 4)
--
2. Fox, Mario (frame 5)
3. Pac-Man (frame 6)
--
4. Little Mac, Jigglypuff (frame 7)
5. Villager (frame 8)
--
6. Lucina/Marth, Olimar, Wario (frame 9)
7. Luigi, Palutena, Pit/Dark Pit (frame 10)
--
8. Dr. Mario (frame 11)
9. G&W, Peach (frame 12)
--
10. Robin (frame 13)
11. DK, Duck Hunt, Link, Mii Swordsman, Pikachu, Shulk, ZSS, Zelda (frame 14)
--
12. Bowser Jr, Sheik (frame 15)
13. Captain Falcon, Falco, Ganondorf, Ike, Mii Fighter, Yoshi (frame 16)
--
14. Bowser, Diddy, Greninja, Rosalina, Samus, Sonic, Toon Link (frame 17)
15. Charizard, Kirby (frame 18)
--
16. Mii Gunner, Ness, ROB, Wii Fit (frame 20)
--
17. King DeDeDe (frame 22)
18. Mega Man (frame 23)

The Rosalina boards were discussing the Zelda MU and some people mentioned how slow Zelda's attack are. Well, she only has 7 moves slower than Zelda.
For reference on characters' attack speeds and how they compare, check this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/list...-initial-frame-to-slowest-frame-speed.388564/. Remember to thank @ItsRainingGravy.

Disclaimer: None of this accounts for range, Specials, priority, end lag, etc.
Here's :rosalina:'s.
Jab: 8th fastest at frame 8; out of 3 characters. Faster than Zelda by 3 frames.
Dash Attack: 3rd fastest at frame 6; out of 9 characters. Ties with Zelda.
Ftilt: 4th fastest at frame 7; out of 6 characters. Faster than Zelda by 5 frames.
Utilt: 7th fastest at frame 9; out of 5 characters. Slower than Zelda by 2 frames.
Dtilt: 3rd fastest at frame 5; out of 10 characters. Ties with Zelda.
Side Smash: 7th fastest at frame 16; out of 7 characters. Ties with Zelda.
Up Smash: 4th fastest at frame 8; out of 6 characters. Faster than Zelda by 1 frame.
Down Smash: 3rd fastest at frame 6; out of 7 characters. Slower than Zelda by 1 frame.
Nair: 8th fastest at frame 9; out of 3 characters. Slower than Zelda by 3 frames.
Fair: 7th fastest at frame 11; out of 5 characters. Slower than Zelda by 2 frames.
Bair: 6th fastest at frame 9; out of 8 characters. Slower than Zelda by 3 frames.
Uair: 6th fastest at frame 8; out of 5 characters. Faster than Zelda by 6 frames.
Dair: 14th fastest at frame 17; out of 7 characters. Slower than Zelda by 3 frames.
Grab: The fastest at frame 6-7; out of 22 characters. Faster than Zelda by 4 frames.
Dash Grab: The fastest at frame 8-9; out of 20 characters. Faster than Zelda by 3 frames.
Pivot Grab: 2nd fastest at frame 9-10; out of 17 characters. Faster than Zelda by 2 frames.

Here's :4zelda:'s.
Jab: Slowest at frame 11; hers alone. Gee, I wonder if she's slower? Slower than Rosalina by 3 frames.
Dash Attack: 3rd fastest at frame 6; out of 9 characters. Tied with Rosalina.
Ftilt: 9th fastest at frame 12; out of 5 characters. Slower than Rosalina by 5 frames.
Utilt: 5th fastest at frame 7; out of 7 characters. Faster than Rosalina by 2 frames.
Dtilt: 3rd fastest at frame 5; out of 10 characters. Tied with Rosalina.
Side Smash: 7th fastest at frame 16; out of 7 characters. Tied with Rosalina.
Up Smash: 5th fastest at frame 9; out of 5 characters. Slower than Rosalina by 1 frame.
Down Smash: 2nd fastest at frame 5; out of 5 characters. Faster than Rosalina by 1 frame.
Nair: 5th fastest at frame 6; out of 8 characters. Faster than Rosalina by 3 frames.
Fair: 5th fastest at frame 9; out of 5 characters. Faster than Rosalina by 2 frames.
Bair: 3rd fastest at frame 6; out of 7 characters. Faster than Rosalina by 3 frames.
Uair: 12th fastest at frame 14; out of 2 characters. Slower than Rosalina by 6 frames.
Dair: 11th fastest at frame 14; out of 8 characters. Faster than Rosalina by 3 frames.
Grab: 5th fastest at frame 10-11; out of 2 characters except Olimar's end frames are unknown. Slower than Rosalina by 4 frames.
Dash Grab: 4th fastest at frame 11-12; out of 3 characters since Zelda ties with Ganondorf and Yoshi, but Yoshi's ends at frame 21. Slower than Rosalina by 3 frames.
Pivot Grab: 4th fastest at frame 11-12; out of 9 characters. Slower than Rosalina by 2 frames.

Why did I go to this trouble of making this? Well, to clarify some things about who's slower and who's faster. The thing is that sometimes, frame data might not matter that much. For an example Ike and Falco. Ike has slow attacks, but his range, ground mobility?, and raw power makes up for it while Falco has fast attacks, but his mobility kills everything about his fast and powerful attacks. Or you could look at Ganondorf and Triple D who are slow, but powerful. There isn't one for Ike, but there is one for Mario, Falco, and Samus and as of now, Rosalina and Zelda.

Here's a link to ItsRainingGravy's ranking of Mario: http://smashboards.com/threads/list...-to-slowest-frame-speed.388564/#post-18462854.

Falco and Samus's here: http://smashboards.com/threads/list...-to-slowest-frame-speed.388564/#post-18477590.

Edit: I forgot about this, but Zelda is slower than Rosalina in only 7 moves: Jab, Ftilt, Up Smash, Uair, Grab, Dash Grab, and Pivot Grab. That's fine and dandy, but in practice it might not mean anything. Case in point: FALCO. MOVE FASTER, FALCO! BE A MARATHON SPRINTER, DAMN IT! FLAP THOSE WINGS, YOU PHEASANT!

Edit 2: Edit Harder: Unfortunately, there aren't any stuff to rank their Specials and I bet it's because everyone's Specials are different and because finding data on that can be a pain. Trust me, I tried to Falco's Blaster, Phantasm, and Custom start-up/end frames and it was a horrible experience.

Edit 3: Edit With a Vengeance: I forgot to put a disclaimer about range, end lag, and such.
To not drag it out any longer, it's the meta game and how young it is. Pikachu is a fantastic character, but most people don't understand why and how yet. This applies to pretty much everyone, but the focus on the select few will accelerate their meta game. Remember Brawl Sonic and Melee Kirby? Personally, there's going to be a lot of those.

Last edited:

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
Hey, can anyone help me out with making a video? I'm going to help Admiral out!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Im shocked you didnt ban Villager

Banning stuff isnt fun at all. Im sorry but Im shocked people would play with you with your banning left and right and your rules
Palutena counters Villager, at least in my eyes she does (with Reflect), so I ain't too worried.

Being stressed isn't fun, and being made fun of for losing isn't fun either. Now-a-days, the ppl I know only judge us by how much we win or something like that. But after my 90% of matches being losses the past few days, I don't think I can even look at myself without seeing a failure who just can't get back in the groove anymore. At least I don't play FG anymore, which would make things much worse.
I could still rant about the characters to provide my reasonings in detail. Every character cept for few I could rant about. Some can be nice, many can be harsh.

Soul.

Since people don't know a lot about Falco, they rely on his Bair for kills. Well, Bair can be used as a pseudo-sex kick which was how Wolf used his Bair in Brawl. Fair for some reason people still don't understand is a good off-stage move since it is a way for Falco to gimp and kill off-stage, Uair kills well since Falco can jump high and Uair someone past the blast zone, and Dair, while slower and situational, is still a good meteor; it's tied with Captain Falcon and Ganondorf's Nipple spike and stomp. The only difference is that Ganondorf meteors at any given percent - he can and will meteor you at 0% and take a stock if you screw up - and Captain Falcon's Nipple spike was always like this. Falco had the fastest meteor in Melee and Brawl, but it was changed to be more like other meteors. Still, I wonder what would happen if Falco's Dair was like in previous games where it was fast, but it meteor much, much later than other meteors. People would still complain about how it got nerfed in terms of meteor-power and damage. For an alternative, meteoring with Falco Phantasm is still an option, especially since it still has a hitbox if Falco runs off the ledge and immediately Falco Phantasms back to the ledge.

From the Phantasm Spike! thread.

Falco also has Dtilt, Up Smash, Side Smash, Down Smash, and even Utilt for kills. Add in U-throw and B-throw near the ledge and Falco has 12 kill moves. The main issue stays: mobility. Falco has a good walking speed, but slow dashing and airspeed. Oh, he has hops and is a fast-faller, but his horizontal mobility kills his game. Reverse aerial rushing with Wolf's Bair is fine since Wolf had good airspeed; Falco doesn't which makes RAR Bair less effective. Granted, it's still deadly.

Here's a list of the Dairs from this thread: smashboards.com/threads/list-of-attacks-grabs-from-fastest-initial-frame-to-slowest-frame-speed.388564/.
Fastest Dair:

1. Lucario, Meta Knight (frame 4)
--
2. Fox, Mario (frame 5)
3. Pac-Man (frame 6)
--
4. Little Mac, Jigglypuff (frame 7)
5. Villager (frame 8)
--
6. Lucina/Marth, Olimar, Wario (frame 9)
7. Luigi, Palutena, Pit/Dark Pit (frame 10)
--
8. Dr. Mario (frame 11)
9. G&W, Peach (frame 12)
--
10. Robin (frame 13)
11. DK, Duck Hunt, Link, Mii Swordsman, Pikachu, Shulk, ZSS, Zelda (frame 14)
--
12. Bowser Jr, Sheik (frame 15)
13. Captain Falcon, Falco, Ganondorf, Ike, Mii Fighter, Yoshi (frame 16)
--
14. Bowser, Diddy, Greninja, Rosalina, Samus, Sonic, Toon Link (frame 17)
15. Charizard, Kirby (frame 18)
--
16. Mii Gunner, Ness, ROB, Wii Fit (frame 20)
--
17. King DeDeDe (frame 22)
18. Mega Man (frame 23)

The Rosalina boards were discussing the Zelda MU and some people mentioned how slow Zelda's attack are. Well, she only has 7 moves slower than Zelda.

To not drag it out any longer, it's the meta game and how young it is. Pikachu is a fantastic character, but most people don't understand why and how yet. This applies to pretty much everyone, but the focus on the select few will accelerate their meta game. Remember Brawl Sonic and Melee Kirby? Personally, there's going to be a lot of those.
Holy what, that Pikachu frame data.... o_O
Thanks for telling me about that thread. Now I can look at the frames and stuff.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Palutena counters Villager, at least in my eyes she does (with Reflect), so I ain't too worried.

Being stressed isn't fun, and being made fun of for losing isn't fun either. Now-a-days, the ppl I know only judge us by how much we win or something like that. But after my 90% of matches being losses the past few days, I don't think I can even look at myself without seeing a failure who just can't get back in the groove anymore. At least I don't play FG anymore, which would make things much worse.
I could still rant about the characters to provide my reasonings in detail. Every character cept for few I could rant about. Some can be nice, many can be harsh.
But how can you learn to win if you're not willing to try? Avoiding your problems won't make you a better Smasher. Learning how to defeat the characters will.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Let's all remember one thing with wins and losses in FG
Gotta love that early 2000s vibe in the video, this is Pixar quality right here. :pimp:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
But how can you learn to win if you're not willing to try? Avoiding your problems won't make you a better Smasher. Learning how to defeat characters will.
Avoiding top tiers is the right thing to do. It's not like the ppl I've seen that use em are friendly anyways. I cannot be convinced otherwise, or at least I hope not. Complications hurt me so much.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Avoiding top tiers is the right thing to do. It's not like the ppl I've seen that use em are friendly anyways. I cannot be convinced otherwise, or at least I hope not. Complications hurt me so much.
But how? It doesn't matter if you keep them away or not, they're still there. And one of these days you'll have to confront them.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Great way to train. :yoshimelee:*ironic*:yoshimelee:
By the way, why do you ban :4mario: and :4darkpit: ? They ain't top tier.

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I think Im alone on this boat but, after watching PM tournament videos for the past 2 days Ive come to the conclusion that PM lucario is far more broken than any other smash lucario. Attacking that fast with that much power is disgusting.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
But how? It doesn't matter if you keep them away or not, they're still there. And one of these days you'll have to confront them.
I'll let my anger control me then (which is bad idea.

Great way to train.
By the way, why do you ban :4mario: and :4darkpit: ? They ain't top tier.
To deal with D-throw U-tilt all day which is one of the most braindead combos in the game and one of the only ones that work even in lag? No to Mario. The other one is personal hatred. Even Regular Pit is easier to deal with for some reason, and I actually like him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom