• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
The sheer amount of icons used in these posts is INFORGIVABLE

D

Deleted member

So apparently Joystiq is closing and I'm slow on that news. Meh, I can't say anything about that, but IGN should've been closed instead. :troll:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Science is what made the creature in my icon

So Science is on the right track, Id say
damn-right.gif

As long as it doesn't create blackholes, I'm fine with it.

It's a legit combo early on though. Check out @Moon Monkey's guide on Ike. Seriously NSFW by the way because of cursing. :p

Anyway, yeah, spamming stuff is just sad and pathetic.
Oh, by the way, I found a good Falco on FG. I saw the combos he could make. And apparently, Doc has a good matchup against him. What do you think about it ?

D

Deleted member

Kotaku when?
I have no idea what's a Kotaku. I heard there's a species of the same name, but rather than posting real, factual gaming news, they report sarcasm-style stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Personally, all I want science to do is make me immortal so that I can live out my delusions of godhood. Provided I don't get shot.

EDIT: Excuse me. Typo. By delusions I meant goal.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean, I'm sorry you're not having fun and all, but banning characters and stages when you're being a sore loser? That's not cool, man. Just because you're choosing not to have fun doesn't mean you should stop others from having fun...

Just my two cents.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Personally, all I want science to do is make me immortal so that I can live out my delusions of godhood. Provided I don't get shot.
Or they end up transfering minds into computers like Portal.
Then everyone will be GlaDos.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
The sheer amount of icons used in these posts is INFORGIVABLE
Really? Pfft. You obviously weren't here 8 days ago.

MK7 uses Gliders, Submarines, and Karts.
Sega All Stars uses Planes, Boats, and Cars.
So there's also that.

:4bowser::4bowserjr::4roy::4larry::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4falcon::4charizard::4darkpit::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4miisword::4miibrawl::4miibrawl:]:4miigun::4villagerf::4wario::4villager::4tlink::4miif::4mii::4sonic::4shulk::4metaknight::4megaman::4sheik::rosalina::4marth::4samus::4mario::4luigi::4robinf::4lucina::4robinm::4rob::4lucario::4link::4wiremac::4pikachu::4pit::4peach::4littlemac::4kirby::4pacman::4palutena::4alph::4olimar::4greninja::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4gaw::4ness::4wario2::4wiifit::4wiifitm::4zelda::4zss::substitute::mewtwopm::roypm::bowser2::falcon::gw::metaknight::zelda::zerosuitsamus::ness2::charizard::dedede::olimar::peach::mewtwopm::roypm::dk2::diddy::dk2::pikachu2::pit::falco::fox::pt::rob::ganondorf::popo::samus2::sheik::ike::ivysaur::sheilda::snake::jigglypuff::kirby2::sonic::squirtle::link2::lucario::toonlink::wario::lucas::luigi2::warioc::wolf::mario2::bowsermelee::falconmelee::dkmelee::drmario::falcomelee::foxmelee::ganondorfmelee::icsmelee::jigglypuffmelee::kirbymelee::linkmelee::luigimelee::mariomelee::marthmelee::mewtwomelee::gawmelee::nessmelee::peachmelee::pichumelee::pikachumelee::roymelee::samusmelee::sheikmelee::younglinkmelee::zeldamelee::dk64::falcon64::fox64::jigglypuff64::kirby64::link64::luigi64::mario64::ness64::pikachu64::samus64:Done.
WAIT.:marth:
Now done.
Yeah.
It doesn't make sense without the context. (It's Abyssal)
upload_2015-1-31_17-30-41.png

Well. Speak of the Byssal and he shall appear.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Being immortal would make me eternally unhappy. Sure, it's fun for the first 60 years, but it stops being fun when you surpass your children who die of old age.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Not sure if anyone cares to see, but here is a picture of the Woody I ordered:

As you can tell, the box is pretty damaged with a few rips and dents. The figure itself is in mint condition and it was totally worth $180. :seuss:

D

Deleted member

EDIT: Excuse me. Typo. By delusions I meant goal.
And instead of becoming older, we don't grow up? Dis gon b gud.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Being immortal would make me eternally unhappy. Sure, it's fun for the first 60 years, but it stops being fun when you surpass your children who die of old age.
Simple : don't have kids, make your wife or girlfriend immortal (or lose your dignity and take a waifu) and profit of immortality.
It's easy.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Or they end up transfering minds into computers like Portal.
Then everyone will be GlaDos.
How do you think one would stop aging? Biology can do some pretty nifty stuff when it comes to aging but it ultimately fails and withers in the end. Steel never dies.

@ RamOne RamOne Eh, I have an eternity to get over it. Or my kids could do the same thing I did.

Soul.

Using it.
Since when did you use Transform?

It's a legit combo early on though. Check out @Moon Monkey's guide on Ike. Seriously NSFW by the way because of cursing. :p

Anyway, yeah, spamming stuff is just sad and pathetic.
Yeah, I'm aware Ffam lol. Down throw → Aether is a true combo in early percents. I mean it's cool and all, but if you keep doing it, it makes you a predictable Ike. Best to do it only one time and never do it again.

Quick Draw spamming is dumb though.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'm aware Ffam lol. Down throw → Aether is a true combo in early percents. I mean it's cool and all, but if you keep doing it, it makes you a predictable Ike. Best to do it only one time and never do it again.

I didn't know Blargg was a

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

He's had the Pikachu avatar since early this afternoon.

D

Deleted member

Never seen The Room? Because if you didn't, you should. Best movie ever. Even better than Changeling, right, @Flight?
December 31, 2014. Never forget.

Anyways, The Room will always be remembered with T.O.M. pranking the user on 2012's April Fools.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
View attachment 37492
As long as it doesn't create blackholes, I'm fine with it.

Oh, by the way, I found a good Falco on FG. I saw the combos he could make. And apparently, Doc has a good matchup against him. What do you think about it ?
I think Falco might end up as a "faster" Ganondorf. Here's why: Falco's frame data is one of the faster one which means he'll punish faster than Ganondorf, but weaker than him. So, if we're going by RPG stuff, Falco would be like a regular warrior who does good damage, but won't be doing incredible damage like a berserker or whatever class that can OHKO things or get them down to like 10 HP out of 100 HP in one hit. Falco will probably get people to 30 HP, but won't be able to tank things like Ganondorf and land another hit and end the match immediately. Falco's going to need 5-10 hits or so while Ganondorf can get 3 and call it a day.

In other words: Falco and Ganondorf will have a lot stacked against them, but with good reads, they're probably going to destroy everyone. Both suffer from poor mobility and approach options. I think they get the most out of attacks compared to everyone else aside from you-know-who.

The fundamentals characters: Marth, Lucina, Falco, Kirby, and Ganondorf to an extent rewards skill and good play, but have a lot stacked against them at times.

This also makes me feel like Falco has an advantage against Fox since while Fox has a higher DPS (damage per second), Falco has a higher rewards per hit. In other words, trading blows with Falco as Fox is like trading blows with Ganondorf as Captain Falcon.
Ooo, my turn. Hmm, I hope in the future there's a way to check a character's frame data ranking. Anyway...

:4falco:. Really? Falco's frame speed is actually fairly fast and fairly decent. Now if only the pheasant would actually dash faster or flap his wings to move faster in the air. MOVE FASTER, POKEY FALCO! FASTER! ... FASTER! ... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, FASTER!
Jab: 2nd fastest at frame 2; out of 10 characters.
Dash Attack: 5th fastest at frame 5; out of 6 characters.
Ftilt: 3rd fastest at frame 6; out of 7 characters.
Utilt: 3rd fastest at frame 5; out of 10 characters.
Dtilt: 5th fastest at frame 7; out of 10 characters.
Side Smash: 8th fastest at frame 17; out of 4 characters.
Up Smash: 4th fastest at frame 8; out of 6 characters.
Down Smash: 4th fastest at frame 7; out of 5 characters.
Nair: 2nd fastest at frame 3; out of 10 characters.
Fair: 8th fastest at frame 12; out of 3 characters.
Bair: The fastest at frame 4; out of 4 characters.
Uair: 8th fastest at frame 10; out of 6 characters.
Dair: 13th fastest at frame 16; out of 6 characters.
Grab: 3rd fastest at frame 8-9; out of characters.
Dash grab: 3rd fastest at frame 10-11; out of with 9 characters.
Pivot grab: 4th fastest at frame 11-12; out of 9 characters.

:4samus:. Because I was curious about her frame speed data and that people said she is one of the faster characters... Well, her Side Smash is the fastest, Fair second, Jab third, and Uair third. She seems all right, though. I don't know much about her in SSB4, unfortunately.
Jab: 3rd fastest at frame 3; out 9 characters.
Dash Attack: 7th fastest at frame 10; out of 6 characters.
Ftilt: 5th fastest at frame 8; out of 4 characters.
Utilt: 11th fastest at frame 15; hers alone.
Dtilt: 4th fastest at frame 6; out of 7 characters.
Side Smash: The fastest at frame 10; out of 4 characters.
Up Smash: 7th fastest at frame 11; out of 7 characters.
Down Smash: 6th fastest at frame 9; out of 5 characters.
Nair: 7th fastest at frame 8; out of 6 characters.
Fair: 2nd fastest at frame 6; out of 6 characters.
Bair: 6th fastest at frame 9; out of 8 characters.
Uair: 3rd fastest at frame 5; out of 7 characters.
Dair: 14th fastest at frame 17; out of 7 characters.
Grab: 9th fastest at frame 16-25; technically out of 2 since ZSS's starts at 16, but ends at frame 29.
Dash Grab: 8th fastest at frame 16-26; technically out of 3 since Villager's ends at frame 17 and ZSS's ends at 29 making Samus the "second fastest" of the 3.
Pivot Grab: 7th fastest at frame 17-28; same as the above except Villager's ends at 18 and ZSS's ends at 29.

Oh, and there's a typo in the Pivot Grabs section. Greninja is labeled as "Greninka". :p

Anyone want to delve into :4diddy:'s? I mean, fastest Uair, anyone? Eh, eh? *gets Falcon Punched*

Edit: Suck at math, too lazy to do math, so I won't figure out the percentage of their frame speeds. Well, I might if I'm that bored.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You're not going to learn the match ups if you keep banning stuff.
It's probably for the better if I did ban things. Stress itself is not fun, but then again, what is around here?
And this depression/anger routine will eventually blow off, but I still am likely to give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom