• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I think Im alone on this boat but, after watching PM tournament videos for the past 2 days Ive come to the conclusion that PM lucario is far more broken than any other smash lucario. Attacking that fast with that much power is disgusting.
Have you played him at least ?
It would be even better to test yourself right ?

D

Deleted member

I honestly don't see the point in taking VR seriously either.
"lol competitive mario kart".
Competitive Mario Kart. People "lol" at the idea of the game being competiitve for some reason. Like, look at the comments of a video. Told you so. :troll:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Have you played him at least ?
It would be even better to test yourself right ?
I have, and it feels dirty to play as him on PM. super fast F smash that can kill in the 90s, one hit initiates a combo lock for a guaranteed 20% damage minimum and a higher damage out put than a 90% damage smash 4 lucario. Never mind the fact lucario no longer fights like a pokemon in PM.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Someone banning :4darkpit:? One of my mains? Such a travesty!

My other mains: :4ganondorf::4robinm::4pit::4bowserjr::4greninja::4lucina::4marth:

I double dare anyone to ban the Great Evil Demon King of the Gerudo Thieves, Ganondorf, Dark Lord and Bearer of the Triforce of Power! :evil:

No one would want this happen to them, right?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
To deal with D-throw U-tilt all day which is one of the most braindead combos in the game and one of the only ones that work even in lag? No to Mario. The other one is personal hatred. Even Regular Pit is easier to deal with for some reason, and I actually like him.

Do you only play FG ? Because this combo can be countered easily by a Nair from any character except Bowser or ones who got laggy moves. Mario's real combo from Dthrow is to the UpB, wich is ten times safer and always hits.

Also, banning characters that you hate is disrespectful for the ones who enjoys playing them. I don't want to be harsh, but I feel that you're more of a beginner in Smash 4 competitively and you should try to play more real persons. @Ffamran gaved you some links that I think you need to see. If you want, I could train you a little, so that you won't anger yourself when losing.

I just hope you'll understand when you're calmed down. If you are already, then good for you.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Admiral, if you're not gonna actually play the game, then don't play the game. Not much else to it than that.

It's just getting in the way of others who, you know, want to have fun. Just because you're too stubborn to work on improving doesn't mean you need to ruin someone else's time due to being a sore loser. "Banning" essentially one fourth of the cast because you alone have a thing against self improvement and an unnecessary hatred and bias against not only top tier characters, but also those who use them, is absolutely ridiculous.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
After I get all 300,000g I'm going to try to beat the master core again, I really need to beat him.

Soul.

Is Down throw → Up tilt on Mario even a thing nowadays. Like, I know it's frustrating at times, but you can DI it.
If you want to style on your opponent you can do down throw → up tilt (2-3-4 times. Depends on character) → up air → Up B.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Someone banning :4darkpit:? One of my mains? Such a travesty!

My other mains: :4ganondorf::4robinm::4pit::4bowserjr::4greninja::4lucina::4marth:

I double dare anyone to ban the Great Evil Demon King of the Gerudo Thieves, Ganondorf, Dark Lord and Bearer of the Triforce of Power! :evil:
I have banned him once before, and my emotions should not be toyed with. You reminded me I forgot to get rid of Greninja, kinda.

Do you only play FG ? Because this combo can be countered easily by a Nair from any character except Bowser or ones who got laggy moves. Mario's real combo from Dthrow is to the UpB, wich is ten times safer and always hits.

Also, banning characters that you hate is disrespectful for the ones who enjoys playing them. I don't want to be harsh, but I feel that you're more of a beginner in Smash 4 competitively and you should try to play more real persons. @Ffamran gaved you some links that I think you need to see. If you want, I could train you a little, so that you won't anger yourself when losing.

I just hope you'll understand when you're calmed down. If you are already, then good for you.
You calling me stupid and implying that I only play FG? Mind you, I haven't FG'd in some weeks iirc, and I plan to stay away from that spam fest for good. It's impossible.

Actually, what you just said to me bout being a beginner is a severe insult to me and I am not going to tolerate it. It's almost as offensive if one being racist to me. I'm more than inclined to react to your fighting words and actually fight.

How hard is it to tilt the analog stick to the left or right?
I think you are calling me stupid, too. Really tired of ppl calling me a beginner or some generic noob when they never fought me before. It's the Brawl days all over again... except those from the other site are much more irritating.

Picture me being a Nuclear Reactor with sirens going off now. That's how furious I am atm.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's been almost a month since I last played Smash on my 3DS. (I don't have a Wii U, you know...)

I'll very likely be very rusty when I get to play again.

I have banned him once before, and my emotions should not be toyed with. You reminded me I forgot to get rid of Greninja, kinda.

You took a blatantly humorous post seriously. Come on...

The whole game is broken
Fix'd.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think you are calling me stupid, too. Really tired of ppl calling me a beginner or some generic noob when they never fought me before. It's the Brawl days all over again... except those from the other site are much more irritating.
I'm being serious. You can avoid that combo by tilting the control stick in the opposite direction and you wedge your way out. Though it's also based around certain factors, a slow falling character like Jigglypuff and Peach can get out faster then a fast falling character like Fox. It's also possible to manipulate it to where you can receive so little knockback you can recover and retaliate, like Shulk at 0% with Shield active.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Is Down throw → Up tilt on Mario even a thing nowadays. Like, I know it's frustrating at times, but you can DI it.
If you want to style on your opponent you can do down throw → up tilt (2-3-4 times. Depends on character) → up air → Up B.
I usually do 2 Uptilts and a UpB. It's so stylish.

You calling me stupid and implying that I only play FG? Mind you, I haven't FG'd in some weeks iirc, and I plan to stay away from that spam fest for good. It's impossible.

Actually, what you just said to me bout being a beginner is a severe insult to me and I am not going to tolerate it. It's almost as offensive if one being racist to me. I'm more than inclined to react to your fighting words and actually fight.

Picture me being a Nuclear Reactor with sirens going off now.
Dude, it would be great if you would actually listen to our tips. I just said "I want to help you progress" and you think it's an insult.
This is turning into an infinite fight between everyone who's either saying "Keep training" or "Stop it if it hurts you" and you being close minded, not listening to anyone but yourself. I'm sorry, but even though we're on the internet : it's not nice.

So I'll just say what everyone said : if video games hurts your feelings, leave the game. Simple as that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People are trying to give you advice and you're treating it as an insult. Really though, it's hypocritical. You've done nothing but insult others (typically those who main a top tier character or Falcon) either directly or indirectly by refusing to let them use their mains. It's not other people's fault if you don't want to improve.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
If I banned every character I have troubles with, I would have to ban every character. Just sayin'.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
The part of the conversation I'm most confused about is him calling :4yoshi: top-tier. This ain't release week. He's terrible. I just main him because I personally like the species.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh look, another 3rd party Wii U GameCube adapter, this time by Kelux (never heard of them)

Amazon is asking $35 for that.

NOPE!

Thank goodness I got the bundle.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It's been almost a month since I last played Smash on my 3DS. (I don't have a Wii U, you know...)

You took a blatantly humorous post seriously. Come on...
And making fun of me is not a good thing... I think everyone forgets I rarely do humor.

I'm being serious. You can avoid that combo by tilting the control stick in the opposite direction and you wedge your way out. Though it's also based around certain factors, a slow falling character like Jigglypuff and Peach can get out faster then a fast falling character like Fox. It's also possible to manipulate it to where you can receive so little knockback you can recover and retaliate, like Shulk at 0% with Shield active.
Doubt it. Haven't seen a Mario in forever, and I don't wanna take the chance, so he's gone.

Dude, it would be great if you would actually listen to our tips. I just said "I want to help you progress" and you think it's an insult.
This is turning into an infinite fight between everyone who's either saying "Keep training" or "Stop it if it hurts you" and you being close minded, not listening to anyone but yourself. I'm sorry, but even though we're on the internet : it's not nice.

So I'll just say what everyone said : if video games hurts your feelings, leave the game. Simple as that.
It would be great if I was taught the right way instead of being attacked.

People are trying to give you advice and you're treating it as an insult. Really though, it's hypocritical. You've done nothing but insult others (typically those who main a top tier character or Falcon) either directly or indirectly by refusing to let them use their mains. It's not other people's fault if you don't want to improve.
You can speak to my grudges about it. At this point, if I have to fight everyone (except Diddy. I will NEVER EVER fight him unless a wifi tourney rigged it up against me) to show that my potential won't be besmirched, I will, starting now. If I get provoked one way or another, you can figure it out, since apparently I'm a beginner that doesn't do anything right. -_-
I'd rant about the origins of my hatred for some characters if I have to, or at least in this game.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And when everyone's banned...no one will be. /Syndrome

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I don't know about this banning characters talk and I don't care, A I'm going to say is banning characters is a very ****ty thing to do and It make you look like a coward to everyone, you should at least try to get better and take others advice that try to help you.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
With all this ban talk, I want to believe that Smogon is lurking this very thread.

In all seriousness, I think it doesn't matter if you're good/bad at the game. Just improve by watching tips, chatting in character discussion threads, and play some exhibtions with friends. We don't need to ban every character that seems "2 OP plzz nerf". In the end, it doesn't even matter it's just a game that dedicated fans took to the next level.

Just my two cents.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
And making fun of me is not a good thing... I think everyone forgets I rarely do humor.

Doubt it. Haven't seen a Mario in forever, and I don't wanna take the chance, so he's gone.

It would be great if I was taught the right way instead of being attacked.

You can speak to my grudges about it. At this point, if I have to fight everyone (except Diddy. I will NEVER EVER fight him unless a wifi tourney rigged it up against me) to show that my potential won't be besmirched, I will, starting now. If I get provoked one way or another, you can figure it out, since apparently I'm a beginner that doesn't do anything right. -_-
I'd rant about the origins of my hatred for some characters if I have to, or at least in this game.
Even if there's a valid, personal reason to hate a character (Project M's in-name-only version of Lucario for me), I don't ban someone from playing as that character. That's literally the definition of "scrub"; you're scrubbing out everything you think you can't win against because you see filth where everyone else sees a clean surface.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom