• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

iOS 4
Had a native YouTube app unlike 5.0 and the design was nice.
The whole flat/tile design doesn't appeal to me
*cough Windows 8 *cough
Windows 8 removed my Start Button, and they will pay.

*downloads start button*

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Paper Mario is the worst stage of 3DS, only because of that segment. Heck, maybe it's even the worst stage of Smash 4 in general.
I can't think of anything legitimately worse myself. Not even Great Cave Offensive, although it comes close. Pyrosphere I do like, but I wouldn't call it severely good regardless.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Paper Mario is the worst stage of 3DS, only because of that segment. Heck, maybe it's even the worst stage of Smash 4 in general.
I agree so hard with this, that awkward stage ruined two almost flawless 9.0 intensity runs in Classic because that freaking section with that robotic Bowser head made me mess up

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Really, I actually like Windows 8. It sucks that my PC doesn't recognize my hard drive then I would have used it more. :glare:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Man, I wish it was tomorrow at 10 A.M.-ish right now. I really want to know who dat third Super Smash Flash 2 character will be (others being Isaac & :4bowser:).

D

Deleted member

Really, I actually like Windows 8. It sucks that my PC doesn't recognize my hard drive then I would have used it more. :glare:
I'm probably the only one who never complained about Windows 8's Metro / Modern UI interface. It's really easy to get used to.

Soul.

AW YEAH! Rocking all night to this song now:
lmao this song

Shiki no Uta.

Jigglypuff invalidates like half of Falco's entire moveset. The endlag of Up Smash gets punished, Side Smash is too slow even as a punish, Down Smash and Dtilt won't hit Jigglypuff unless it's on the ground for some reason, Fair becomes risky because its startup, Bair would be nice if Falco could catch up to Jigglypuff, Dair is a no-go unless you know exactly where Jigglypuff will be, Falco Phantasm isn't that useful since it's telegraphed ever so slightly, I don't have to explain why you wouldn't use Fire Bird do I, and Jab combo can be interrupted by Rest, Bair, and anything else in Jigglypuff's arsenal. Grabs aren't exactly easy when Jigglypuff has good mobility and Falco doesn't.

That leaves Nair, Uair, Ftilt, Utilt, Reflector, Dash Attack, and Blaster. Of thoe moves, only Uair and Utilt reliably kill while Nair can kill if all hits connect which they won't usually. Reflector still remains as a good spacing tool, Blaster can still be used for free damage, and Ftilt is the main way I get damage on Jigglypuff. Dash Attack is also decent for damage and getting Jigglypuff away.

The same goes for Rosalina since she can 0% death juggle him because Falco's air speed is horrible and fast-falling means it's much easier for Rosalina to keep juggling. Palutena can sort of do this, but I believe Palutena doesn't jump as high and falls faster than Rosalina making it a bit more manageable. Personally, I believe that Jigglypuff shuts Falco down while Rosalina comes close since to it, but I rarely fight her, so I can't say entirely. Still, I have never heard of a character in SSB4 being shut down that hard.

At least Little Mac is fast, so fighting Jigglypuff would be like trying to control Jigglypuff on the ground while Jigglypuff tries to control the air. Even Diddy Kong is manageable with Falco. Why? Because Falco hits as hard as Diddy. Watch Keitaro's Falco vs. Diddy and it seems like Diddy does have an advantage, but not a you can't do **** against this matchup. If anything, Falco might be one of Diddy's more even MUs - in terms of Super Diddy Bros. MUs, of course. :p

The other issue is For Glory. Do I need to say anything? Jigglypuffs will usually stay on one end of the stage or float about which is freaking annoying and the whole Final Destination policy makes it difficult since I bet with platforms, this MU would not be as ********* difficult.

Duck Hunt infuriates me because of all those projectiles which is Duck Hunt's game plan, so whatever.
Hmm. I can understand. Jigglypuff's NAir is also a good option vs. Falco. In fact, I think it's good against every character because of its priority. BAir is another thing offstage; Falco needs to avoid getting hit and punish Jigglypuff. Perhaps the Phantasm spike trick could work against since Puff can only recover by using its jumps, or Pound Blitz if using customs. Granted, in order for Pound Blitz help Jigglypuff recover, it needs jumps. If you ever heard about the Rising Pound trick found in Melee and Brawl, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Puff can do this with Pound Blitz.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I only won't play on stages that have bosses, only because I can't focus when too much is going on onscreen at the same time. Those stages always turn into just campfests because I just stand around and wait for the boss to go away.

D

Deleted member

Everything is possible, my friendly frog friend. As long as you believe in it.
I've been believing I could make friends for too long. Still hasn't happened. You liar.

Man, I wish it was tomorrow at 10 A.M.-ish right now. I really want to know who dat third Super Smash Flash 2 character will be (others being Isaac & :4bowser:).
I've been making jokes about one of Isaac's palette swaps.

GOLDEN SUN! HAHAHA!

I'll see myself out...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I liked Windows 8 "window style" with no transparence and the flat colors, but it was hard for me to get used to Metro, so I returned to Windows 7 in my Laptop, W10 looks very promising tho

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I can't think of anything legitimately worse myself. Not even Great Cave Offensive, although it comes close. Pyrosphere I do like, but I wouldn't call it severely good regardless.
Palutena's Temple. It's just too big, dying on the top is impossible because of all those ceilings on the top of the level and you can hardly fight on the lower part of the level. But I don't like GCO too.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
How to end a night of Cabela's, Mongolian Stir-fry, and cigars?

A cocktail of mini bottles of random liquors.

Celebration at its finest ladies and gentleman.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
At least you have a good personality. I'm terrible overall.
I don't tolerate the majority of this generation's jokes (or many jokes in general), easy to set off. I honestly wanted a bit of Brawl back, but I can't play it anymore, at least with people anyways (insert no SD reader here, and avoiding MKs there).

I blame the arrogance of those on the other site for molding me this way...
I'm probably better off just taking creative snapshots....
You can have a good personality if you want to and work towards to having that. It's all up to you, actually.

You don't know it, but not too long ago (around when I joined this forum), I was an emotional trainwreck. I had a lot of insecurities, I was depressed and even had suicidal tendencies, wishing I was never been born.

Yes, this happened. Yes, it was really tough for me. Yes, I still have moments when those issues come back to haunt me, even though I've been getting progressively better over time.

But also yes, part of my improvement was because I wanted to be better as a person. I wanted to overcome myself and rid of such problems. That isn't easy at all, but it's all up to you.

And I too once tried to run away from my own problems, but they would never be resolved. They would always come back to haunt me over and over again.

That is one thing I've always been taught throughout my entire life and I have the experience to back it up as well for multiple occasions. A person's mind is a powerful tool, far more powerful than people give credit.

If you let yourself be down over random strangers on the Internet and playing video games, it won't do any good to yourself. In fact, it is not a small problem for your well-being. The worst you can do is to play the victim and don't let yourself become better.

The only way you can reach a goal is to work towards it. There's no other way. Before you blame others for your problems, seek to resolve your own problems. More often than not, that's where they are in the first place.

And that's it for the night. It's later than I expected, so I'm off. See you all next time.

D

Deleted member

Palutena's Temple. It's just too big, dying on the top is impossible because of all those ceilings on the top of the level and you can hardly fight on the lower part of the level. But I don't like GCO too.
Other than the numerous caves of life, I don't mind Palutena's Temple because of its size.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I find the size annoying, but not much else. It is fairly bad, though. I'm not sure if I like Mario Bros. or GCO more... hard to say. They're both fairly awful. Except music.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I would play it if my wrist didnt have problems and Also song on Oni mode are like whao.
I don't know how people hands can go that fast, I will be making so many mistakes if I try that.
I don't like big stages, too much camping on those stages, make it take forever to kill someone on them.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Until 1 fights me, observe me and see my reactions afterwards, or see things from my point of view, there is no understanding.

Avoiding Diddy is the only choice I have as I ain't going to be able to beat such a skill-less character with a trick that works on the majority of percent ranges, and takes little effort to be good with.
Game's not fun when you lose all the time, like me recently.
You're impossible, you know that?

You basically just said, "it's my way or the highway." That's just stubborn, rude, and quite frankly scrubbish.

It's not the only choice. You have another choice: to "git gud." You're just CHOOSING not to take it.

And there you go again with the whole "This Character that I don't like/can't beat is skill-less!" woe-is-me shtick again. You want people to cater to your every whim and request, and yet you insult others at the same time, and then CALL OUT OTHERS for "insulting" you.

I'm gonna just cut the BS and say it: you're acting like the very "scrub" you outwardly hate. You refuse to improve your game and to accept the help of others, instead you just moan about the way the message was delivered. The Bill of Rights could have been written on a used napkin, but you know what? It still would have gotten the message across.

Are you actually that self centered that you'd take your personal grievances that you could have FULLY AVOIDED over the enjoyment of all thers playing against you? Consider that. It's not all about you.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I find the size annoying, but not much else. It is fairly bad, though. I'm not sure if I like Mario Bros. or GCO more... hard to say. They're both fairly awful. Except music.
I like how Mario Bros. stayed true to its original material. Same for 75m. But looking at them objectively, they aren't good stages indeed.

Hanenbow is still probably my least favorite stage in the series.
BLASPHEMY! You and Fozzie the Viking will burn in hell! :evil:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You're impossible, you know that?

You basically just said, "it's my way or the highway." That's just stubborn, rude, and quite frankly scrubbish.

It's not the only choice. You have another choice: to "git gud." You're just CHOOSING not to take it.

And there you go again with the whole "This Character that I don't like/can't beat is skill-less!" woe-is-me shtick again. You want people to cater to your every whim and request, and yet you insult others at the same time, and then CALL OUT OTHERS for "insulting" you.

I'm gonna just cut the BS and say it: you're acting like the very "scrub" you outwardly hate. You refuse to improve your game and to accept the help of others, instead you just moan about the way the message was delivered. The Bill of Rights could have been written on a used napkin, but you know what? It still would have gotten the message across.

Are you actually that self centered that you'd take your personal grievances that you could have FULLY AVOIDED over the enjoyment of all thers playing against you? Consider that. It's not all about you.
I think it would be best for all of us to drop this topic. Just saying.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
You can have a good personality if you want to and work towards to having that. It's all up to you, actually.

You don't know it, but not too long ago (around when I joined this forum), I was an emotional trainwreck. I had a lot of insecurities, I was depressed and even had suicidal tendencies, wishing I was never been born.

Yes, this happened. Yes, it was really tough for me. Yes, I still have moments when those issues come back to haunt me, even though I've been getting progressively better over time.

But also yes, part of my improvement was because I wanted to be better as a person. I wanted to overcome myself and rid of such problems. That isn't easy at all, but it's all up to you.

And I too once tried to run away from my own problems, but they would never be resolved. They would always come back to haunt me over and over again.

That is one thing I've always been taught throughout my entire life and I have the experience to back it up as well for multiple occasions. A person's mind is a powerful tool, far more powerful than people give credit.

If you let yourself be down over random strangers on the Internet and playing video games, it won't do any good to yourself. In fact, it is not a small problem for your well-being. The worst you can do is to play the victim and don't let yourself become better.

The only way you can reach a goal is to work towards it. There's no other way. Before you blame others for your problems, seek to resolve your own problems. More often than not, that's where they are in the first place.

And that's it for the night. It's later than I expected, so I'm off. See you all next time.
013.gif

Nicely said.

Anyway, I'm still listening to this :
It's the best thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom