• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For me it's mainly due to whether or not I have enough time and funds to take the bus to Walmart, haha. I had a bit of extra money when I went to buy a new pair of khakis, and I saw they only had one DK left.

It was meant to be. :p

I'm looking basically to slowly expand my collection. I just made it a priority to get Mac first. (Thanks, @Phaazoid !) :D

Soul.

Meh. I don't plan on getting amiibo figures any time soon.
Apex stream is still full of Twitch noobs.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Warning Received
Sakurai confirmed to be the winner of Apex this year.:troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm likely convinced to give up on this game now. It's all about shield grabs, grab combos, and rolls being too effective in some cases. You can consider this near depression level now. I can't even win much anymore, and I lost respect for Ike and his stupid mainstream D-throw N-air/F-air combo spammage. They had to uber buffed him and yet my characters are still in the ground being weak. Even if it wasn't the case, Idk what I can do anymore.
As much as I hate to say it, I like Brawl better. And this coming from the one who hates that game's imbalance and tripping, but at least there there's different playstyles for characters instead of relying on mainstream braindead combos. Even some ppl use cheap old MK differently a bit in Brawl. I know it's another rant, but the feeling of losing too much, being made fun of when my anger makes me ragequit, I can't do this much anymore. I still have the game, but is there anything else I can do besides just be a Smash Snapshot taker now?

:4palutena::4pit: I also have to give apologies to my 2 mains. It's nearly to the point where I can't even do anything anymore. Losing too much has lead to anger and/or near-depression levels, and I was afraid of this happening again, even earliar than Brawl's issues.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
If what GameStop says is true about the 3rd wave of Amiibo coming out tomorrow, I'm getting Sonic and Ike then, and hopefully Lucario too, but I'm not too optimistic about TRU having one when I get there.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm likely convinced to give up on this game now. It's all about shield grabs, grab combos, and rolls being too effective in some cases. You can consider this near depression level now. I can't even win much anymore, and I lost respect for Ike and his stupid mainstream D-throw N-air/F-air combo spammage. They had to uber buffed him and yet my characters are still in the ground being weak. Even if it wasn't the case, Idk what I can do anymore.
As much as I hate to say it, I like Brawl better. And this coming from the one who hates that game's imbalance and tripping, but at least there there's different playstyles for characters instead of relying on mainstream braindead combos. Even some ppl use cheap old MK differently a bit in Brawl. I know it's another rant, but the feeling of losing too much, being made fun of when my anger makes me ragequit, I can't do this much anymore. I still have the game, but is there anything else I can do besides just be a Smash Snapshot taker now?

:4palutena::4pit: I also have to give apologies to my 2 mains. It's nearly to the point where I can't even do anything anymore. Losing too much has lead to anger and/or near-depression levels, and I was afraid of this happening again, even earliar than Brawl's issues.
Play just to have fun, thats all I can say

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

It's the first time I see someone complaining about :4myfriends:.
Don't give up just because you lose a lot. I lose a lot too and I play Doc. Pit is actually a great character in this game, as well as Palutena.
The problem that you have is how you react to losing. When I lose, I always try to pull the error on myself, not on the opponent or the character. Don't always think "The character is OP" or "Smash 4 is brain dead in terms of combos". Try to think original, do mind games with the opponent, analyse his playstyle ect...
It's a fighting game, of course you're gonna find brain dead combos and characters that you'll find "better" or "OP". But if you play for fun and mainly focus on your playstyle, trying to find your flaws and correct them, you'll enjoy playing Smash 4 a lot more.
Don't give up just because you lose a lot. Simply try to enjoy your characters, always do your best and mostly : have fun.

We should do some matches on Smash 4, it could be fun. Are you ready for some ?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I got a Kirby and Link Amiibo for Christmas.
I hope to get a King Dedede Amiibo as well.
I also have Kirby and Link, what a coincidence.

I'm so tempted to get Dedede and Meta Knight... I'm going to go broke with these things.

I just want to get Ness and Pac-Man. I need to get Ness and Pac-Man. Also Captain Falcon maybe.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

I'm so tempted to get Dedede and Meta Knight... I'm going to go broke with these things.

I just want to get Ness and Pac-Man. I need to get Ness and Pac-Man. Also Captain Falcon maybe.
I planed on getting all baras but the Kirby, Pikachu, Luigi, Fox, Toon Link and Shulk amiibos I have changed that plan

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Hey you see this "special announcement" coming at Apex - is it from Nintendo? What's going on like?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I've also been considering Meta Knight. :p

I know for one thing, I'm definitely not going to collect all of them. I'm only targeting the ones I really, really want. (King Dedede being among them, yes)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It's the first time I see someone complaining about :4myfriends:.
Don't give up just because you lose a lot. I lose a lot too and I play Doc. Pit is actually a great character in this game, as well as Palutena.
The problem that you have is how you react to losing. When I lose, I always try to pull the error on myself, not on the opponent or the character. Don't always think "The character is OP" or "Smash 4 is brain dead in terms of combos". Try to think original, do mind games with the opponent, analyse his playstyle ect...
It's a fighting game, of course you're gonna find brain dead combos and characters that you'll find "better" or "OP". But if you play for fun and mainly focus on your playstyle, trying to find your flaws and correct them, you'll enjoy playing Smash 4 a lot more.
Don't give up just because you lose a lot. Simply try to enjoy your characters, always do your best and mostly : have fun.

We should do some matches on Smash 4, it could be fun. Are you ready for some ?

His combos are boring too, and just when you think you're about to win, you get hit by a generic smash. I can't tolerate it too much.
Idk what to believe anymore.
The latter is correct with the combos. Killing CPU versions of characters I hate dont help much anymore either.
I can't have fun anymore if I lose all the time. I like my characters though I miss Brawl Pit, but is it really worth it when there's nothing you can do?
I don't want my anger to be direct to you, so I have to cancel the request. High chances that I may resort to custom equips if I lose way too much.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I can't have fun anymore if I lose all the time.
I lose to Rysir and wolfie a lot but I dont give up. Losing isn't the end of the world

I think the problem is you dont play to have fun, you play to win and that can make the person SUPER mad when they don't win

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I've also been considering Meta Knight. :p

I know for one thing, I'm definitely not going to collect all of them. I'm only targeting the ones I really, really want. (King Dedede being among them, yes)
That's what I was going to do, just get my main mains.
:4ness::4gaw::4olimar::4duckhunt::4kirby::4pacman:
Then I ended up getting Link and that threw everything out of the window.

I'm thinking I'll probably also just get Captain Falcon and leave it at that.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
@ Narth Narth : The announcement (most likely from Nintendo) was supposed to be tommorow, but I'm not sure when its going to be since everything was delayed due to what happened at APEX. So I'm mostly unsure. It'll most likely be tommorow like it was originally planned I believe.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd just get the Dedede amiibo as I have nothing in consideration regarding amiibo figurines apart from that. :4dedede:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
His combos are boring too, and just when you think you're about to win, you get hit by a generic smash. I can't tolerate it too much.
Idk what to believe anymore.
The latter is correct with the combos. Killing CPU versions of characters I hate dont help much anymore either.
I can't have fun anymore if I lose all the time. I like my characters though I miss Brawl Pit, but is it really worth it when there's nothing you can do?
I don't want my anger to be direct to you, so I have to cancel the request. High chances that I may resort to custom equips if I lose way too much.
I could say this for every character.
:4diddy: - "His combos are boring too, and just when you think you're about to win, you get hit by a generic smash."
:4falcon: - "His combos are boring too, and just when you think you're about to win, you get hit by a generic smash."
:4rob: - "His combos are boring too, and just when you think you're about to win, you get hit by a generic smash."
Like I said before, losing is part of the game and you should not be angry about me. Like Obo said :
I think the problem is you dont play to have fun, you play to win and that can make the person SUPER mad when they don't win
Just play for fun. You lose ? It's okay, there's only benefits by losing in a friendly match. You're not in a tournament or a money match, you're playing for fun. Of course, winning is more satisfying, but don't be that emotional when losing. It's the worst that could happen.

So, I'll ask again : wanna fight on Smash 4 ? I'm up for some matches, with customs allowed and normal legal stages like Battlefield or Delfino Plaza.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I lose to Rysir and wolfie a lot but I dont give up. Losing isn't the end of the world

Losing too much is also able to make anger happen. I just don't have much will anymore. But fine, I'll be mean if that's how they want it.

@ Luggy Luggy
We all know Diddy's boring overall, I don't respect Falcon, and ROB didn't need the U-throw buff.
I'm too unstable in these games, and it isn't good on my resume.

Last edited:

Soul.

If I had a chance to get an amiibo figure, it would be an obvious character so yeah.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
How much you selling it for? nothing stupidly high, I hope... unless you get that one bidder the DOES pay stupidly high prices
He could make a fortune by selling it on eBay. Some crazy people will buy that for absurdly high prices.

It's what I'd do if I found a defective amiibo.

Losing too much is also able to make anger happen. I just don't have much will anymore. But fine, I'll be mean if that's how they want it.

@ Luggy Luggy
We all know Diddy's boring overall, I don't respect Falcon, and ROB didn't need the U-throw buff.
I'm too unstable in these games, and it isn't good on my resume.
You take the game too seriously for your own good.

If you really get angry and depressed over a video game, I can only imagine how could you react to actual issues.

If you're not having fun with the game, there's no point torturing yourself with that. No game is for everybody.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
How much you selling it for? nothing stupidly high, I hope... unless you get that one bidder the DOES pay stupidly high prices
I'm hoping at least double what I payed (so it'd be like getting my own Link for free).

Then again, I heard that Double Cannon Samus sold for thousands, so I won't object if some bloke throws money at me.
If I had a chance to get an amiibo figure, it would be an obvious character so yeah.

I see plenty of Pikachu sitting around at stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom