• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I go into a retro humor at nights:
I decided to watch the 90s Sailor Moon again, and I find it way more enjoyable than Crystal; I like Crystal but it feels too rushed and the characters seem empty sometimes, its based on the manga better but it has changes that messed the plot (like unnecesary shipping and less action) a bit and Usagi/Serena is the definition of tragedy on this "new" version while the 90s Usagi had a different and special charm with or without the comedy that had the classic series.
In simple words: Crystal has the intensity of a more mature and serious plot (and really, really strong music) but Classic is more enjoyable because its expanded content that allowed better character development.

I am not interested in getting Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire at all, but holy **** the soundtrack is so amazing.
I'm stuck on the fight theme for Wally and Zinnia...
Particularly Zinnia:
That violin, that beat...
I think OR/AS might have the best postgame solely based this character.
Yep, Zinnia's character and story was really cool and sometimes deep, I had to extend the battle against her to enjoy the music for more time
Because you can easily sweep her with Mega Rayquaza

I hope she comes back in a future game, because some parts of her story are still shrouded in mystery.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yep, Zinnia's character and story was really cool and sometimes deep, I had to extend the battle against her to enjoy the music for more time
Because you can easily sweep her with Mega Rayquaza
I hope she comes back in a future game, because some parts of her story are still shrouded in mystery.
I hope that if she comes back, she still has crazy eyes.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I should probably beat the game

I put it on hold after I caught a perfect "Special attacker"

only to look him up on smogon and find out he's a physical attacker

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Battle Frontier never coming back?
But there's that Battle Tower model in ORAS and someone talking about it being planned or something. What is it not really a hint towards anything, or is the Battle Tower the only thing coming back?
From the looks of it, the Battle Tower is probably just a continuity nod like Wallace becoming Champion. They don't seem to have an interest in bringing back the Battle Frontier due to it being "too hard and time consuming" for most players of the Pokémon games, so they don't think it's a worthwhile addition to bring back.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
We actually have four. Two big ones and two smaller ones. I used to have a balcony garden on my other larger one but got rid of it and cleaned up a since will be moving out in August.

Thanks! I had to put him there as he was playing in the bathtub.

My apartment is large compared to other ones. My previous apartment was seriously two small rooms, a toilet and shower. My new apartment has two rooms (that you saw), a kitchen, a shower, a bathroom, a room for a washing machine, and a third room on the opposite wall. Pretty spacious.
It's well, interesting I suppose. I'm probably just never familiar with how small the homes are there compared to here. *sad hug*
Yea, I was in a sad mood today/yesterday.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Christmas is coming by pretty fast this year. Good for me because I've been meaning to get Alpha Sapphire. Also Captain Toad. Getting some new headphones and eshop cards. Then I'm getting gift cards to get frames for posters. Want to get into decorating my walls.

This break is looking good. Going to also be sleeping a lot more. Need it after how stressful school has been. :/

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
From the looks of it, the Battle Tower is probably just a continuity nod like Wallace becoming Champion. They don't seem to have an interest in bringing back the Battle Frontier due to it being "too hard and time consuming" for most players of the Pokémon games, so they don't think it's a worthwhile addition to bring back.
Considering it stacks stuff against you? Goodd riddance to bad rubbish. Challenging is not the same thing as constantly making it severely painful to even play. It's directly programmed to even pit Pokemon with abilities that counter your movesets/abilities against you. That's just stupid and not fun whatsoever. -_- It's fine to make the difficulty a little harder each time, but come on. :/

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Considering it stacks stuff against you? Goodd riddance to bad rubbish. Challenging is not the same thing as constantly making it severely painful to even play. It's directly programmed to even pit Pokemon with abilities that counter your movesets/abilities against you. That's just stupid and not fun whatsoever. -_- It's fine to make the difficulty a little harder each time, but come on. :/
Is that what Battle Frontier is?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought Wallace would be tougher after his annoying gym and because he eventually becomes Champion

But no, one hit KO from seed bomb

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
For a game like Pokemon, that seems very counter-intuitive. No thanks.
I'm a bit fed up with computers that know my every move at the moment.
I remember being a kid and wanting to be the guy that would invent Pokeball technology and basically breed IRL GMO Pokemon.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For a game like Pokemon, that seems very counter-intuitive. No thanks.
I'm a bit fed up with computers that know my every move at the moment.
Indeed. I mean, I like the normal game's challenge in itself. With tough opponents who have good items available and decent strategy at times. But this? Nah. Not fun.

I think they could at least implement the current Pokemon Amiibos akin to Hyrule Warriors. Gives you an Item every day when put into the 3DS game. It'd require a patch, but eh.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
But...The battle maison does that as well. With the battle frontier you at least also got more variety with how you choose to battle. The battle maison is just one battle after the other. With that said, the battle maison is also easier to get points in...

Edit: Or am I totally misinterpreting the situation? I have emerald and I have X and haven't gotten AS yet.

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Probably because there are too many Pokémon. Then again, player character amiibos would be cool. I'd buy a May amiibo in a heartbeat.
They could easily do a thing like the pokewalker where you can have a pokemon stored in it. Not exactly a standard amiibo but say a card that you can put 1 or so pokemon on it and functions exactly like an amiibo except you do whatever and download a pokemon you want to the card and it goes from there.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But...The battle maison does that as well. With the battle frontier you at least also got more variety with how you choose to battle. The battle maison is just one battle after the other. With that said, the battle maison is also easier to get points in...
The Battle Maison is far better designed due to this as well, and I found it way more fun so far. It may not have as much variety, but it's less infuriating by design. Not by much, but for those who need to collect every TM, less battles needed is beyond nice. It's this kind of annoying crap that makes people want to use a Cheat Device for tons of BP.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
The Battle Maison is far better designed due to this as well, and I found it way more fun so far. It may not have as much variety, but it's less infuriating by design. Not by much, but for those who need to collect every TM, less battles needed is beyond nice. It's this kind of annoying crap that makes people want to use a Cheat Device for tons of BP.
Battle Maison suffers horribly from copy pasted pokemon syndrome. When you see a pokemon on one trainer and then see it again on the next one its the exact same one and it does this A LOT. Which can result in the game pairing up several pokemon that are severe pain in the rear and rig it up for you to lose. The Maison can cheat something fierce.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Battle Maison suffers horribly from copy pasted pokemon syndrome. When you see a pokemon on one trainer and then see it again on the next one its the exact same one and it does this A LOT. Which can result in the game pairing up several pokemon that are severe pain in the rear and rig it up for you to lose. The Maison can cheat something fierce.
Yeah, Battle Maison was what made me stop playing X/Y.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It's well, interesting I suppose. I'm probably just never familiar with how small the homes are there compared to here. *sad hug*
Yea, I was in a sad mood today/yesterday.
Yeah, that's true but the houses are small here due to land. I actually prefer smaller houses. I grew up in a fairly medium sized house which allowed my family and I to spend more time together. I live in an apartment so smallness is to be expected. My wives families house is very big,,,even compared to American standards. Her father, whose an architect and landscaper, planned and built it himself. It's very unique and beautiful. He built it on a wooded hill facing over a valley of rice fields.

My wife and I are looking to build a house but it's a very hard up hill battle. The bank refuses to give us a loan due to my situation. Apparently, they don't think I can pay the loan off between now until I die. They have a cut off age. To build a house, I'm looking at spending 60k - 120k which is a lot of money and something we don't currently have atm. Also, due to my working situation, they feel it's too unstable which is understandable. I have a potential job lined in Hiroshima that will pay me 5,000 a month (I get 2,800 a month) but I will start in April but my current contract ends in August. I hate to be a deusche and give the middle finger to my employer and coworkers by breaking contract early but who knows when another opportunity may rise. I love Hiroshima and I'd be the main English teacher in a prestigious private High School which is something I'd like to do.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be honest, I still would rather have that than gain a really tiny amount of BP at a time. The less battles the better. I got very bored fast with HG/SS's new way to gain coins. I eventually just went for a code to get them. Actually getting money is easy. Coins is a pain. The thing is, the new minigame was not badly designed, but I don't have time for it, and would rather buy the coins instead. I want something faster, even if it's not nearly as balanced(likewise, Frontier is barely more balanced anyway, so the difference is pretty minute to me. I just gotta set up better strategy to win, and I don't lose often as is. I haven't even lost a battle among those types of matches yet.).

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Hmm finally got to latias, bold nature. Not bad!

T

Trick or Treat

For some reason I never got into the Battle Frontier or Maison or anything similar. It just seemed so lifeless. I'm one of those sad sad people who plays Pokemon almost solely for the story and going through the main game. Which is why I was really happy to see Delta Episode. That was great.

In other news, found out that ladyfriend is getting me gifts. PLURAL. Maybe @R0Y was right...

...I can dream.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
So guys not meaning to be that guy but.......... Seeing how it's Christmas what's your favourite Snow level ?
Over here we haven't had snow for a year now so I think this could be fun :)
Mine would be this.
If my ****** buddies returned in the Initial game.
But overall this is it.
Cool Edge from Sonic Unleashed. I don't know why I love this so much, the ice physics, The snowy atmosphere, the Graphics.
Everything is perfect about this stage and the Music....... Oh it's awesome

Not to mention this is one of my more favourite games.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
This only reminds me of how badly we're in need of a wintery stage for Smash WiiU. There isn't any at all, and too many grasslandy stages.

T

Trick or Treat

This only reminds me of how badly we're in need of a wintery stage for Smash WiiU. There isn't any at all, and too many grasslandy stages.
This. And quite honestly it'd be great if if was an Ice Climber stage. If we can't have the Iceys, why not at least their stage?

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
This. And quite honestly it'd be great if if was an Ice Climber stage. If we can't have the Iceys, why not at least their stage?
That's what I said in Stage Discussion :p I'd be all for bringing back Summit.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So guys not meaning to be that guy but.......... Seeing how it's Christmas what's your favourite Snow level ?
Over here we haven't had snow for a year now so I think this could be fun :)
Mine would be this.
If my ****** buddies returned in the Initial game.
But overall this is it.
Cool Edge from Sonic Unleashed. I don't know why I love this so much, the ice physics, The snowy atmosphere, the Graphics.
Everything is perfect about this stage and the Music....... Oh it's awesome

Not to mention this is one of my more favourite games.
:(
I would totally play an HD Ice Climbers game.
We should force Sakurai to make it as revenge.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hell, the ice moves alone are far less with IC's gone. Most characters use just about any other element. They're not completely gone, as we still have Kyurem, a Kirby custom, a Luigi custom, and the Freezie. Plus Cryogonal. And any more I missed. It could be way better, though...

Did the Stage Creator remove the ability to make Ice Blocks?

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Yeah it did. Hell, it hardly has anything Brawl's had, aside from springs and moving platforms. Lava functions really similarly to spikes though.

frest123

Smash Cadet
Hey I'm "kinda" obsessed (just in denial that I'm a fanatic, sucker, nerd) of Big Hero 6. My obsession has taken me to the cosplay level... Can anyone here help a guy that has never cosplayed before? I actually like Hiro's outfit and love how it's actually pretty easy to wear in casual settings.

So.... Any suggestions on where do get his outfit.... Any veterans in cosplaying? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom