• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Please Understand...
Sakurai was trying to make it a more casual game. /s That sucks though.
Pretty sure that making breeding more tedious does not make it more casual! But yeah it does suck, also does not help that Hoenn daycare road is about the shortest one in the series.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
In a serious question; how is possible to deal with hypocrite and annoying family members?
My grandfather passed away last week and one cousin did the drama of her life because of that, ok I know she's in pain but she doesn't respect; one of my grandfather's wishes was not to be humilliated because his condition of being old; and my cousin immediately posted a photo of him during his last days; completely deteriorated and senile with messages to another family members to cause them pain (everybody mourns deaths on their ways but she's like: "You must cry and feel miserable, Im a saint because of that" when she's a drunk liar most of the time)

I know it's better to ignore them but sometimes is like you want to tell them their truths.

/End Rant

Kingslime301

Smash Journeyman
[SPOILERS]Snips Trophy Description: This young unicorn is a great friend of snails, a lesser intelligent unicorn, he along with snails tend to be troublemakers around ponyville from time, to time even one time where both of them awakened ursa minor that though cause almost no wreckage, almost could killed somepony. Nobody truly knows however what their cutie mark means(Maybe except for Snips himself). Though I got one question between these two. If their names are based on the "How Boys Are Created" poem, does that mean they both are the reason why stallions exist? Eh, maybe that's stretching it too much[/SPOILERS]

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

This is kind of awesome

Posable Red figure with all 3 starters

He also has a master ball

New item from Pokemon Center

Edit: LOL, I posted "All 3 starters" like it was 1998 again

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
In a serious question; how is possible to deal with hypocrite and annoying family members?
My grandfather passed away last week and one cousin did the drama of her life because of that, ok I know she's in pain but she doesn't respect; one of my grandfather's wishes was not to be humilliated because his condition of being old; and my cousin immediately posted a photo of him during his last days; completely deteriorated and senile with messages to another family members to cause them pain (everybody mourns deaths on their ways but she's like: "You must cry and feel miserable, Im a saint because of that" when she's a drunk liar most of the time)

I know it's better to ignore them but sometimes is like you want to tell them their truths.

/End Rant
Well, I feel like immediately after the crisis would not be a good time to call your cousin on their bull****; it will create hostility when there doesnt need to be. However, if she does something atrociously stupid like that a fees months down the road, I would say you're well within your rights to say, "that's really stupid. Also, remember that post about gramps from a few months ago? That was really ****ing insensitive."

I mean eventually she will probably be told this anyway.

R0Y

Smash Master
Christmad Eve and Christmas Day, finally two whole days without work.

Also, holy crap the amount of money I've spent on games in the past 2 years. Money well spent though, damnit for as long as I'm not forced to buy a damn digital copy.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Yeah Hoenn Daycare easy biking location was always janky. Didn't really become good until Sinnoh.

In this game I figure just doing laps around Mauville is the next best thing.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Yeah Hoenn Daycare easy biking location was always janky. Didn't really become good until Sinnoh.

In this game I figure just doing laps around Mauville is the next best thing.
So it seems a lot of good things came in with Sinnoh.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well, I feel like immediately after the crisis would not be a good time to call your cousin on their bull****; it will create hostility when there doesnt need to be. However, if she does something atrociously stupid like that a fees months down the road, I would say you're well within your rights to say, "that's really stupid. Also, remember that post about gramps from a few months ago? That was really ****ing insensitive."

I mean eventually she will probably be told this anyway.
Well, there's is not a crisis now; everybody is really calm because we're ready and he wanted to die because his age and misdeeds; me and other familiars got mad because she's is making that drama just to call for attention. But yeah is better to wait a little bit, she has done a lot of dumb things and its a matter of time when she gets her truths slammed in her face.
Thanks for reading
And sorry if anyone felt uncomfortable with that serious post.

Like Dawn, the Poketech, Dawn again, cool Pokémon, great plot (Platinum specifically)
I think that Sinnoh is the true underrated region.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
A lot of people complained about it, but it remains one of my favorite regions.

Though I admit I'd rather see X2/Y2/Z or Battle Frontier DLC/Delta Emerald first.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My bet is we'll get something like XZ and YZ, featuring Zygarde's Hidden Moves and plot related to the Project AZOTH, and that games will have better postgame content; including the Battle Frontier

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah, like Lucario, PokeTech, Lucario, cool lore, Lucario, best Bike theme, Lucario, awesome Champion, Lucario, a fulfilling postgame, Lucario...

Not to mention, tons of badass evolutions for old Pokemon. Oh, and Lucario.

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I would not count on battle frontier ever coming back. I remember that an interview from a bit ago that it was cut because it was "too hard for players" so don't get too hopeful for a DLC or future installments.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yeah, like Lucario, PokeTech, Lucario, cool lore, Lucario, best Bike theme, Lucario, awesome Champion, Lucario, a fulfilling postgame, Lucario...

Not to mention, tons of badass evolutions for old Pokemon. Oh, and Lucario.
Magmortar, Garchomp Sweep Inc., Lucario, Lucario again and Shiny Lucario.
But jokes aside it introduced the biggest change with the Physical/Special split which was helpful (and sometimes not) at the time to implement TM/HMs and the region gives a good feel of exploration, specially in the postgame routes and areas like the hidden path in Victory Road and Tony Stark Mountain

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I see them going completely ham with the ascended legendary status for Arceus. Anything goes will soon be its own tier as well.

Again I don't see it for a long time considering they made pretty much every legendary attainable in ORAS. Next stop is most likely either Kalos, or that "mystery" region the guy that gives you the Strange Souvenir was prattling on about. (Super Mega Battle Frontier pl0x)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sinnoh's postgame has so far been the only one that has really impressed me. I don't even remember Black and White 2's, although that game had a LOT of stuff going on in the main game. The Looker quest for X/Y was great, but it was too short and felt...rushed. Looker didn't even have a full model.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'll be honest. I totally forgot about this cool remix of the MMPR theme. I like the Japanese-song version more, but it's still pretty good, imo.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
For anyone interested, this is a portion of my apartment. In the process of cleaning it out. Kitchen is in the other room.

And a view from my balcony. The closest tall building past the trees used to be the elementary school I taught yet but had to change about two years ago. Instead of a 3 minute commute, I have an hour commute through mountains :/

Attachments

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Sinnoh's postgame has so far been the only one that has really impressed me. I don't even remember Black and White 2's, although that game had a LOT of stuff going on in the main game. The Looker quest for X/Y was great, but it was too short and felt...rushed. Looker didn't even have a full model.
Sinnoh postgame had the feel of; "you must do this stuff" + plus the invitation to explorate and find that new adventures and finish some unfinished business with Team Galactic.
I liked Looker's quest too, had a ton of feels and Xerosic and Emma got well developed, but it was too easy battle wise; I spent more time lost in Lumiose than in action.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I would not count on battle frontier ever coming back. I remember that an interview from a bit ago that it was cut because it was "too hard for players" so don't get too hopeful for a DLC or future installments.
Unfortunately, I do think that's going to be the case as well. Masuda did say that he felt it was too hard and time consuming for players and implied that he doesn't think it's worth the time to add into the games for the few that would enjoy it. So I don't have high hopes for its return, as much as I'd like for that.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
All right, what is Battle Frontier? Is it like a gauntlet like Bloody Palace in Devil May Cry or more like another place to compete against players?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Captain's Log: Page 64.
Star Date: 4*K
Welp I'm going to bed.
Here's some Wario for all of you to contemplate before you die go to sleep/where ever you want to go.
-Captain "Going toooooo BED!" Blargg888

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
All right, what is Battle Frontier? Is it like a gauntlet like Bloody Palace in Devil May Cry or more like another place to compete against players?
Is like a park with different facilities for battling, with each of them having different and challenging battle styles and hazards or trials to complete. After competing those trials or having a certain streak of battles, the "Leader" called Frontier Brain will challenge you, and if you defeat it you win a Frontier Symbol (Prints in the case of Gen IV) and said Symbol or print is Gold or Silver, depending on the amount of wins against trainers you have in that facility.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Snow-colored kitty!
But really, looks compact and interesting. >_<
OMG! Thanks for pointing the kitty out!

Ok, I looked it up. So, Battle Frontier is more like a gauntlet with options. I don't know the interview, but let's say that a majority would rather compete against people, is that a valid reason for Battle Frontier not being used anymore?

Granted, it's a cool mode, but since it's late game and people do train to that level and compete against others more, there might be a "flaw" that could be fixed to allow it to return.

Let's say at level 15 is the earliest you can enter. The challenges don't scale and it requires you to come back stronger sort of like Kingdom Heart's Coliseum. You do get rewards like say, a Mega Stone for *insert inevitable Mega Evolution here* and stuff like that, but it's not easy; they're challenges after all. At first, it's more like semi-competitive and semi-singleplayer, so it's not hell to get Mega Stones and such, but later on, it's like competing against people where varied strategies are used.

I think Battle Frontier can return, but the devs are thinking of it as more post-game than a continual evolving part of the game.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
For anyone interested, this is a portion of my apartment. In the process of cleaning it out. Kitchen is in the other room.
And a view from my balcony. The closest tall building past the trees used to be the elementary school I taught yet but had to change about two years ago. Instead of a 3 minute commute, I have an hour commute through mountains :/
Wow...you have so many pets. :4lucina:
I like the look of your apartment. The fact you have a balcony is nice.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Battle Frontier never coming back?
But there's that Battle Tower model in ORAS and someone talking about it being planned or something. What is it not really a hint towards anything, or is the Battle Tower the only thing coming back?

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

I see the Kumamoto bear mascot! I'd like to live in Japan on my own in an apartment for a year, but I wouldn't know what program or job would be best for me. Maybe I'll visit in the future...

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Was gonna do one more of for glory but ran into that issue of lag and spammy players i couldn't handle it so i closed my 3ds

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830

That kitty is adorable, also I love your apartment!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I am not interested in getting Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire at all, but holy **** the soundtrack is so amazing.
I'm stuck on the fight theme for Wally and Zinnia...
Particularly Zinnia:
That violin, that beat...
I think OR/AS might have the best postgame solely based this character.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wow...you have so many pets. :4lucina:
I like the look of your apartment. The fact you have a balcony is nice.
We actually have four. Two big ones and two smaller ones. I used to have a balcony garden on my other larger one but got rid of it and cleaned up a since will be moving out in August.

That kitty is adorable, also I love your apartment!
Thanks! I had to put him there as he was playing in the bathtub.

Snow-colored kitty!
But really, looks compact and interesting. >_<
My apartment is large compared to other ones. My previous apartment was seriously two small rooms, a toilet and shower. My new apartment has two rooms (that you saw), a kitchen, a shower, a bathroom, a room for a washing machine, and a third room on the opposite wall. Pretty spacious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom