• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hell, the ice moves alone are far less with IC's gone. Most characters use just about any other element. They're not completely gone, as we still have Kyurem, a Kirby custom, a Luigi custom, and the Freezie. Plus Cryogonal. And any more I missed. It could be way better, though...
Did the Stage Creator remove the ability to make Ice Blocks?
Yep. It also removed spikes, falling blocks, setpieces, the ability to make even ground easily, and the reason for me to care about Stage Builder.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Yep. It also removed spikes, falling blocks, setpieces, the ability to make even ground easily, and the reason for me to care about Stage Builder.
To be fair, it's still more than possible to make even ground with the grid, and lava functions almost exactly like spikes, and the drawing tool allows for a whole lot more freedom.

But the lack of setpieces just doesn't make sense. Why when your prequel had all these assets you could have simply imported, do you not have very much to work with in the new game when everything else about it is so robust? It's such an anomaly.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah it did. Hell, it hardly has anything Brawl's had, aside from springs and moving platforms. Lava functions really similarly to spikes though.
Yeah, it did afaik. Sadly.
...So everything that made Brawl's Stage Builder somewhat good. Lovely.

Albeit, it was hardly "awesome" by any sense of the word, but it was still very fun. I think they should just simply bring back everything lost and leave it at that. Also, upside down spikes.

That said, I am sensing a bias against ice stages. Okay, to be fair, with IC's gone, nobody can stop from sliding. But that's not a good enough reason to remove it, even if nobody has a small advantage on it. :/

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't know, I just don't like the Stage Builder here. Creating terrain on the GamePad is good in theory, but in execution it's a serious pain to draw anything without the damn thing automatically finishing the shape that can't change or move in any way.

T

Trick or Treat

To be fair, it's still more than possible to make even ground with the grid
It's more than possible for normal people. But my hands have like mild tremors but it's enough shaking that prevents me from being able to draw straight even with the grid. Sadly.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hey I'm "kinda" obsessed (just in denial that I'm a fanatic, sucker, nerd) of Big Hero 6. My obsession has taken me to the cosplay level... Can anyone here help a guy that has never cosplayed before? I actually like Hiro's outfit and love how it's actually pretty easy to wear in casual settings.

So.... Any suggestions on where do get his outfit.... Any veterans in cosplaying? lol
@Space Stranger -
Wait, what? Oh, now you change.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Such a sad yet fitting topic for Christmas. I kind of wish they had taken out the 2-in-1 gimmick instead of cutting them entirely.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I don't know, I just don't like the Stage Builder here. Creating terrain on the GamePad is good in theory, but in execution it's a serious pain to draw anything without the damn thing automatically finishing the shape that can't change or move in any way.
My main issue with using the GamePad is only that occasionally, I'll draw something and not have a choice between what's grabbable and what isn't. Other than that I've managed to create a couple of stages I like.

What really bothers me is that lack of setpieces. I mean at least every background has a different set of textures to use, but that's not really enough when you factor in how rigid the whole system can be sometimes.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

Anyone want to play some 3DS today? I'll be bored as all hell later today, so I could do some sparring.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Stage Builder is such a letdown. I expected more of it, but it's extremely limited. At least with Smash Tour I already knew I wouldn't like it, I don't like Mario Party too, after all.

Such a sad yet fitting topic for Christmas. I kind of wish they had taken out the 2-in-1 gimmick instead of cutting them entirely.
I think removing their gimmick would make them really boring.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The worst part is, Sakurai basically stated the reason they're gone is because they didn't have an upcoming game. Which, as most people know, is the exact reason they were included to begin with.

Look at Olimar. He got huge changes because the 3DS didn't support six Pikmin. Other characters got major changes just because. So why couldn't Ice Climbers not be altered in any way? The thing is, they could. Sakurai just thought they were a waste to spend extra time on.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Oh... Hi guys! I see you all moved over here now. :grin:
Hey dude couldn't help but notice you main Lucas as a Christmas gift here is something you can ram in your sig for future DLC of Lucas :D

Anyway I personally think they should have left Summit in.
Because did you know the Polar bear is only in the 3ds version not even a trophy on Wii U to my knowledge.
:popo:
I greatly hope for these dudes to come back. New 3ds might deliver I hope :3
Tis why I made them a custom amiibo as such XD

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think removing their gimmick would make them really boring.
Eh, I think it would make them less annoying to fight against, as it would remove the grab shenanigans. I'm sure how they would be boring... They still would be pretty unique compsred to the rest of the cast.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
The worst part is, Sakurai basically stated the reason they're gone is because they didn't have an upcoming game. Which, as most people know, is the exact reason they were included to begin with.

Look at Olimar. He got huge changes because the 3DS didn't support six Pikmin. Other characters got major changes just because. So why couldn't Ice Climbers not be altered in any way? The thing is, they could. Sakurai just thought they were a waste to spend extra time on.
I still think that is a load of rubbish I mean come on now.
:4duckhunt::4falcon::4ness::4gaw::4rob: Where are the games for these Guys ?
And don't even get me started on :4megaman:and World:4pacman:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879

In the end I finally accepted their exclusion but it still made little sense to cut their stage outside of "well they're not in the game, soooo...". I mean we got Animal Crossing stages in Brawl with no character rep. I don't see why this needed to be different so that's not really an excuse.

Still with Ice Climbers gone we legit are only missing them at this point for pretty much anything first party that matters from the NES era being in the game.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hey dude couldn't help but notice you main Lucas as a Christmas gift here is something you can ram in your sig for future DLC of Lucas :D

Anyway I personally think they should have left Summit in.
Because did you know the Polar bear is only in the 3ds version not even a trophy on Wii U to my knowledge.
:popo:
I greatly hope for these dudes to come back. New 3ds might deliver I hope :3
Tis why I made them a custom amiibo as such XD

I might just do that! Lucas and Ness were my Brawl co-mains, and I became a pretty big threat with them too in my region, so i'm pretty proud of that little post-bit. I'll chuck that in, sure. :)

EDIT: It is done. :)

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'd like to thank that with no true deadline, Sakurai could go back and try to figure out some way to make the Climbers work...or simply make a single Ice Climber with overhauled moveset that is essentially a newcomer.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Not really surprising considering that he has gone back on his word quite a few times before.

I think (or hope) that it's mostly a waiting game because the next handheld would likely be able to handle them.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Especially the lattermost 2 who actually aren't even in any games. Game & Watch isn't actually based on a game in particular, moreso the whole set of handheld games, and isn't a true character being brought into Smash like everyone else is. And R.O.B. was a freaking toy that worked with 2 games and everyone found it a waste of time to play with, the only redeeming quality being the amazing episode of AVGN we ended up getting for it. Not gonna **** on R.O.B. as a Smash character, but his inclusion is questionable.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Ice Climbers for N3DS-exclusive DLC. :awesome:
It would piss a lot of people off, but it would give me a good reason to replace my release 3DS. They are the only veterans I truly miss.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Especially the lattermost 2 who actually aren't even in any games. Game & Watch isn't actually based on a game in particular, moreso the whole set of handheld games, and isn't a true character being brought into Smash like everyone else is. And R.O.B. was a freaking toy that worked with 2 games and everyone found it a waste of time to play with, the only redeeming quality being the amazing episode of AVGN we ended up getting for it. Not gonna **** on R.O.B. as a Smash character, but his inclusion is questionable.
To be fair on R.O.B He is the original Amiibo XD
And he was in this first before Smash.
I thought he was a Mario character when I seen him in Smash XD

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Also Duck Hunt, despite how unexpected it was to include them, are pretty worthy of being part of the cast regardless of their chances of a new game. The NES Duck Hunt game was in a LOT of households and it's a very iconic game.

To be fair on R.O.B He is the original Amiibo XD
And he was in this first before Smash.
I thought he was a Mario character when I seen him in Smash XD
I forgot all about his appearance as a playable character in MKDS. Fair enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ice Climbers for N3DS-exclusive DLC. :awesome:
It would piss a lot of people off, but it would give me a good reason to replace my release 3DS. They are the only veterans I truly miss.
If Sakurai is truly not at the helm for DLC, I could easily see this happening.
Of course, there is also 8-player Smash to worry about. It's worth mentioning that Sakurai stated that they barely managed to get 8-player Smash to work and had to remove hazards from stages that had them...excluding TGCO.

T

Trick or Treat

Of course, there is also 8-player Smash to worry about. It's worth mentioning that Sakurai stated that they barely managed to get 8-player Smash to work and had to remove hazards from stages that had them...excluding TGCO.
Now if only Stage Builder could support 8-players...

Last edited by a moderator:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Knuckles react to Sonic Boom. It ain't pretty.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
That is a very simple solution. Block them from that mode, It won't do anything to people who main them as it s a mode exclusively offline similar to mii's being blocked from "with anyone online"
I would gladly take them as four players rather then the cluster of 8 players being the reason they can't get in :')

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I also want to complain about Omega Mode. Why isn't that just a mode where the hazards are removed? Magicant, Wily's Castle and WarioWare for example would still be tournament-legal stages with just the hazards removed. And why did we need an Omega Mode for stages like Battlefield or Yoshi's Island Brawl?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Captain Falcon and Ness are Smash 64 veterans. Higher priority. Duck Hunt, Mr. Game & Watch, and R.O.B. are meant to be retros. Pac-Man and MegaMan are special guests. They're not as easily comparable. Also, Ice Climbers are not exactly as notable or important than G&W or R.O.B. either. They literally never had another game outside of Smash. R.O.B. had his own unique StarFox counterpart and an appearance in Mario Kart. Mr. Game & Watch has had games going for quite a while now. Duck Hunt was a completely new character with a special concept.

What I think he really meant is that he can't give severe priority to a veteran that is already hard to make working and that it would cost him time to work on various other characters. If there were more Ice Climber games, he might've gave them a bit more time, but there weren't. That said, I do not like the idea of downgrading Nana's A.I. either. They'd lose what made them notable entirely. Even though Zelda and Sheik were split, they still feel like their previous selves to a significant degree that their overall ability was not lost. Having one Climber seriously kills IC's key point. They need to be 2 characters, and Nana being intelligent is entirely what made them special. Due to the fact Zelda and Sheik's transformation ability was unviable, people mained one over the other and it was easy to see them split without issues. They are still liked. But why have one Climber? Other than having ice powers, which some characters still have to some degree, they only had true double A.I.(as computers) and the ability to ignore ice floors. The dual gimmick was immensely important to them and their biggest point of existence. That's literally like taking away Mario's ability to jump entirely. It just doesn't make sense. Zelda still does magic. Even Ganondorf shows off his typical sword in some way and does some kind of magic. Even better, Sheik still shows off her immense ninja skills without concentrating on an element, which is Greninja's job instead(he also represented Water types too).

Strofirko

Smash Master
I also want to complain about Omega Mode. Why isn't that just a mode where the hazards are removed? Magicant, Wily's Castle and WarioWare for example would still be tournament-legal stages with just the hazards removed. And why did we need an Omega Mode for stages like Battlefield or Yoshi's Island Brawl?
What hazards are in a stage like delfino plaza/wuhu island/pilotwings?

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
What hazards are in a stage like delfino plaza/wuhu island/pilotwings?
They don't have hazards (and I actually like Delfino Plaza Omega because the background still changes), but it's odd to give every stage an Omega version when some didn't need it in the first place. But maybe I'm now just being too irrational.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator

Knuckles react to Sonic Boom. It ain't pretty.
plz more stuff u found on the internet mr. luggy

Eh, I think it would make them less annoying to fight against, as it would remove the grab shenanigans. I'm sure how they would be boring... They still would be pretty unique compsred to the rest of the cast.
I'd rather more of their moveset work off of desyncing and team work, such as having special properties while desynced..

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
They don't have hazards (and I actually like Delfino Plaza Omega because the background still changes), but it's odd to give every stage an Omega version when some didn't need it in the first place. But maybe I'm now just being too irrational.
I agree, I really would have loved having just Wily's Castle without the stupid Yellow Devil that totally ruins it.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Chuck E Cheese is in trouble now. Freddy Fazbear's Pizza is going to be real, I'm telling you.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think I may be the only person who doesn't mind the Yellow Devil at all. XD

Unless he may be even worse on the Wii U version, but he never affected me to a significant degree on the 3DS version. I agree to rmove the stage in tourney play, but it's still better than Paper Mario's Bowser's Castle part. Like, severely. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom