• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't think he will get far in the Elite 4 with that team
Pretty much every trainer we encounter is like that, but Ghirahim has something they don't: intimidation. Would you stand up to someone that creepy fabulous? :p

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
so CyberHyperPhoenix got an infraction form

Guss who... You all know
For this

View attachment 33691
WHEN THERE WAS WORDS THERE
If you have a problem with any post, mod or otherwise, use the neat little report feature under every post.

IOkay, since you seem to still not be getting it, pretend the "add text to image/gif post = ok" rule was never said.

If your post adds nothing/would be warned for violating the spam clause in the rules (usually common sense can tell what's spammy or not).
tl;dr - Adding a SINGLE line of text (or one-liner) or basically making a post with no substance =/= image only posts are ok.

Furthermore this not now, nor will it ever be the place to openly discuss warnings/infractions you receive. If you have a problem, you discuss in the PM you get. Posting and complaining about matters publicly only make things worse.

But this is the social thread where we can talk about anything....? I guess that is bad now, huh?
Nowhere does that say this is an imageboard or place to farm post count/likes. As I've said before, posting to be Social is fine. If your entire point is to fill pages with one-line/word replies ("fixed"), reaction images/gifs/vids, or anything else that basically breaks the rules/terms of agreement you agreed to when signing up for the site, then it really shouldn't come as a surprise when you get a slap on the wrist. (if you're getting continued slaps on the wrist, maybe you should take the hint to maybe stop doing the same behavior).

I understand everyone's frustration with the LOL .GIF/.JPEG/.PNG FEST that was 3.0, but a good 85% of posts in the thread is off-topic. With that logic, even the mods themselves would get infractions for being "off-topic". It's pretty difficult to stay on-topic in a social thread (originally) meant for users to...

....wait for it...

Socialize *mic drop*

Besides, I merely mentioned Korra and I only received 1 reply. I'm not sure why being "off-topic" is an issue?
Social threads in general serve to corral all off topic discussion that doesn't belong in other sections.

That does not, however, mean the Global Rules don't apply here. It's really as simple as "if it would get you infracted anywhere else in the site, chances are it'll probably still get you infracted here." Most people seem to forget that given the nature of this topic.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Pretty much every trainer we encounter is like that, but Ghirahim has something they don't: intimidation. Would you stand up to someone that creepy fabulous? :p
YE- I mean no, not if he flicks that tongue around, I would forfeit the match
tl;dr - Adding a SINGLE line of text (or one-liner) or basically making a post with no substance =/= image only posts are ok.

Furthermore this not now, nor will it ever be the place to openly discuss warnings/infractions you receive. If you have a problem, you discuss in the PM you get. Posting and complaining about matters publicly only make things worse.

Nowhere does that say this is an imageboard or place to farm post count/likes. As I've said before, posting to be Social is fine. If your entire point is to fill pages with one-line/word replies ("fixed"), reaction images/gifs/vids, or anything else that basically breaks the rules/terms of agreement you agreed to when signing up for the site, then it really shouldn't come as a surprise when you get a slap on the wrist. (if you're getting continued slaps on the wrist, maybe you should take the hint to maybe stop doing the same behavior).

Social threads in general serve to corral all off topic discussion that doesn't belong in other sections.

That does not, however, mean the Global Rules don't apply here. It's really as simple as "if it would get you infracted anywhere else in the site, chances are it'll probably still get you infracted here." Most people seem to forget that given the nature of this topic.
I moved on anyway, I'm just taking the infraction. I just blew up because..... this thread isn't really... fun anymore without having to worry about something. I joined when 3.0 was up and running and it was the best time I ever had. Now the time Im ever having isnt on this site, but in private pms and Skype. sorry I blew up

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Seems like IsmaR just responded but please read this anyway~

I understand everyone's frustration with the LOL .GIF/.JPEG/.PNG FEST that was 3.0, but a good 85% of posts in the thread is off-topic. With that logic, even the mods themselves would get infractions for being "off-topic". It's pretty difficult to stay on-topic in a social thread (originally) meant for users to...

....wait for it...

Socialize *mic drop*

Besides, I merely mentioned Korra and I only received 1 reply. I'm not sure why being "off-topic" is an issue?
There's a huge difference between being offtopic and s***posting.

95% of gifs and reaction memes are garbage, complete and UTTER garbage. They're not funny, they're not anything. It's just a waste of bandwidth.

In the last like, 2 pages, this and the people who replied to it with content has been the only interesting to read post.

I am COMPLETELY baffled that this thread is still here, and I'll be watching it for the rest of the day and won't hesitate to lock it if it turns to **** again.

Your right, this is a bad web site.
And judging from your last 5 posts, I think you're a bad user.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
So what KumaOso is doing isn't **** posting?
Then make your own group.
I do have one XD but Why cant we talk about other stuff here though also, I dont get it? but whatever

Im sure this question got buryed.
How does everyone feel with Christmas being close? I honestly forgot Christmas was soon

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I haven't watched the special again but reading this reminded me about it
-I get why they reuse the plot, because children doesn't care about it, but still it was exciting for me during the part of the ventilation one (despite the obvious Deus ex Machina incoming)
-It was a Christmas special, I wanted a battle or a simple scene over a Christmas tree.
-Angel Kitty plain scared me and felt out of place sometimes
-Yep, Woody and Buzz were useless on the arena, but really funny. I wanted Jesse to go and kick some dinosaurs in the arena, she's good against reptiles....like Mr. Jones
-Mini Ridley The Cleric has great potential as villian and I want him on TS4

-Im also disturbed by the lack of Hamm, a scene with him "dropping the coins" when battling a Battlesaur had nice potential
-Easter Eggs are the best.

I want a Reptilus Maxiumus figure too
We should write angry letters to Disney Consumer Marketing...jk jk jk jk

• Buzz's performance in the arena did seem lackluster compared to his usual athletic skill. I honestly wasn't surprised by Woody's cartoony dodges in the arena. Your right though, Jessie does kick ass out of the Toy Story trio.
  • Angel Kitty could have been scrapped and the special would have progressed the same way. That captures how out of place her presence was in the special.
  • I would scream and cry tears of joy if Comabt Carl, Reptillus, and the Cleric made an appearance in TS4.
  • Potato Head without his "partner in crime/snark", Hamm, feels off. Plus I also would like to see more Slink.
  • During my first few viewings, I didn't let the plot bother me since it was already confirmed they were going with the "toys who don't know they're toys" theme.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Well, this is awkward, how about we move on to a different topic?

The Aura you guys.png
^ Really mods, if you don't like reaction images don't open it.

But really lets move on to something else from these shenanigans.... So what is every body doing for Christmas this year? :p :)

Last edited:

BluehunterZero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zero7298
3DS FC
5026-4480-2477

^ Really, if you don't like reaction images don't open it.

But really lets move on to something else from these shenanigans.... So what is every body doing for Christmas this year? :p :)
Just visiting family, you know the basic stuff.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
yeah I dropped it so.... yeah but now Im in a ****ty mood, partly my fault, I know. I know when I make mistakes
Most likely sit around the house, posting on Smashboards, and watching crappy Christmas specials (like Santa Claus Conquers the Martians or Sharknado 2).
Sharknado 2 counts as a Christmas special now? kick ass

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Seems like IsmaR just responded but please read this anyway~

95% of gifs and reaction memes are garbage, complete and UTTER garbage. They're not funny, they're not anything. It's just a waste of bandwidth.

In the last like, 2 pages, this and the people who replied to it with content has been the only interesting to read post.

I am COMPLETELY baffled that this thread is still here, and I'll be watching it for the rest of the day and won't hesitate to lock it if it turns to **** again.

And judging from your last 5 posts, I think you're a bad user.
I can see your point when bringing up the various "le meme" posts from the past few pages. I can [finally] admit, it gets very out of hand. (I'm guilty on all accounts for this. It's probably the source of 99.9% of my posts)

I'm also flattered you enjoyed my mini rant/review on Toy Story That Time Forgot. :seuss:

Would 2 post mentions of a topic that can be discussed somewhere else be as big of an issue? Compared to the amount of anime discussions 3.0 goes through, the slight derailment with The Legend of Korra shouldn't really become as big of an issue unless it broke out into a full-fledged discussion.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

^ Really mods, if you don't like reaction images don't open it.

My family is hosting Christmas dinner. (Jesus/Naga/Goddess Gogo Tomago take the wheel...).

At least this means I get to try out 8 player smash without having to resort to...*gulp*...rotation...

kylexv

Smash Master

^ Really, if you don't like reaction images don't open it.

I'm not really doing anything out of the ordinary for Christmas. But I did start a Pokemon Y Wonderlocke today. I'm doing with my brother, and we're just doing basic rules, except:

1. You get to keep Xerneas/Yveltal (My brother is doing X instead of Y).
2. After every gym battle, we have a battle. The winner either gets to Wondertrade one of their Pokemon for another one or revive one of their dead Pokemon. (Example: I won the battle after the first gym, so I revived a Bagon that died at Route 1 by a stupid Critical Hit Tackle.)
3. You get to keep the Mega Stones on the Kanto starter and the gift Lucario.

Its pretty interesting. I've done a lot more grinding then my brother since all but 2 of my Pokemon were Level 1 when I got them.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
We should write angry letters to Disney Consumer Marketing...jk jk jk jk

• Buzz's performance in the arena did seem lackluster compared to his usual athletic skill. I honestly wasn't surprised by Woody's cartoony dodges in the arena. Your right though, Jessie does kick *** out of the Toy Story trio.
  • Angel Kitty could have been scrapped and the special would have progressed the same way. That captures how out of place her presence was in the special.
  • I would scream and cry tears of joy if Comabt Carl, Reptillus, and the Cleric made an appearance in TS4.
  • Potato Head without his "partner in crime/snark", Hamm, feels off. Plus I also would like to see more Slink.
  • During my first few viewings, I didn't let the plot bother me since it was already confirmed they were going with the "toys who don't know they're toys" theme.

-I feel that Woody and Buzz (and by extension at least a good cameo of the rest of the gang) deserved more spotlight, Ok, we know that they had 3 Movies with them as the main ones, but again some children who are just geting into TS are goning to say: "who're those two coward toys?", they were very brave against bigger elements in the movies and got scared by toys just to give Trixie the spotlight.
-Angel Kitty was the cliché of the story, giving holiday lessons and stuff, It should have been better if a main character gave that lessons in a practical way instead of introducing a creepy character.
-I was expecting a "YOU ARE A TOY" scene with Trixie and Reptilus as a throwback to the first movie
-The Battlesaurus and Combat Carl and Jr. are a must for me in the 4th movie, they developed their characters well (specially with Reptillus and The Cleric) and having them in the big screen would be great....specially for merchandise

I'll try and watch the special again to have better opinions but I can say that can enjoy it again despite the flaws.

I like Christmas celebrations. Jolly good show

I may not be 10 years old (I'm 19 so that probably makes me the youngest moderator) but I'll always have a spirit and mind of a 10 year old

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I may not be 10 years old (I'm 19 so that probably makes me the youngest moderator) but I'll always have a spirit and mind of a 10 year old
Dude.

You're 19?

You're so young.

I'm only 20 and for some reason...

That made me feel old.

I DON'T LIKE IT!

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm too old for that. >:[
Scrooge.

I think I've seen a moderator younger than you around. Lemme see if I can find him.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
-I feel that Woody and Buzz (and by extension at least a good cameo of the rest of the gang) deserved more spotlight, Ok, we know that they had 3 Movies with them as the main ones, but again some children who are just geting into TS are goning to say: "who're those two coward toys?", they were very brave against bigger elements in the movies and got scared by toys just to give Trixie the spotlight.
-Angel Kitty was the cliché of the story, giving holiday lessons and stuff, It should have been better if a main character gave that lessons in a practical way instead of introducing a creepy character.
-I was expecting a "YOU ARE A TOY" scene with Trixie and Reptilus as a throwback to the first movie
-The Battlesaurus and Combat Carl and Jr. are a must for me in the 4th movie, they developed their characters well (specially with Reptillus and The Cleric) and having them in the big screen would be great....specially for merchandise

I'll try and watch the special again to have better opinions but I can say that can enjoy it again despite the flaws.
With D23 next August, maybe we might see an exclusive Combat Carl and/or Reptillus figure (that will sell out before the event and go for thousands on eBay:troll:).

Despite the obvious flaws, the special was still a great time waster on a Tuesday evening.

Dude.

You're 19?

You're so young.

I'm only 20 and for some reason...

That made me feel old.

I DON'T LIKE IT!
Man dude. That's messed up :U

The only time I feel old is when I watch Spongebob because Spongebob at its current state is a bad show that lost its spark of comedy so I'm like, "I remember when Spongebob was a good show". Other than that, I still feel young

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Bah, age has never mattered to me. As I hold the belief that everyone are immortal otherworldly entities that feed off the amusement of others through likes (or as they really are, parasites meant to feed off of the life force of others) and replies that attempt to communicate their efforts to make groups and partake in wars with other tribes. It saves a lot of sanity that way.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

The only time I feel old is when I watch Spongebob because Spongebob at its current state is a bad show that lost its spark of comedy so I'm like, "I remember when Spongebob was a good show". Other than that, I still feel young
That fact won't stop me from watching the film coming out near my birthday. Plus, Stephen Hillenburg is directing. It [should] be decent for us "older" fans to see.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
@ Space Stranger Space Stranger Hey, you have some really good ideas for stages, items, and Final Smashes. It would be great to see something like this come into fruition.

One of the other original authors of Disney Rumble had a very unique moveset for Stinky Pete. When he enters the match his box spawns next to him. This box is critical to his playstyle because he can use it to trap his opponents inside. He can put an opponent inside his box and climb inside himself to pummel them. He can climb on top of the box and camp from his location. He is even able to knock the box around and knock it into enemies for extra damage.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You're not even fully evolved! :awesome:

...For an Ivysaur, you should take the nickname "Poison Ivy" :troll:
I'm not even gonna try and decipher that innuendo.

Oh yeah. Modern Spongebob is like modern Famliy Guy.

It's all shock humor with no point or substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom