• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Just watched Toy Story That Time Forgot for the 12,000,000,000 time this month (5th time legally :4wario2:). Here are my impressions:
  • I can understand the criticisms for the special, the plot does feel repetitive when compared to the first film. Toy Story of Terror also reuses the escape plot from the films.
  • I'm starting to wish this special focused more on the theme of Christmas; I let it slid with TSoT since it would be rather odd to see Woody dresses as a vampire and Buzz as Mrs. Nesbit trick-or-treating.
  • Buzz and Woody were completely incompetent in the arena. Both have showed somewhat fighting skill throughout the 3 films. When Reptillus was attacking Woody, Buzz could have easily attacked Reptillus.
  • Disney [unfortunately] missed the opportunity to turn this into a 20 minute toy commercial for the Battlesaurs. The Mattel figures are too small for a collection and the Thinkway toys are just pitiful.
  • Reptillus, next to the Cleric, is easily my favorite character in the special.
  • Angel Kitty's presence was abysmal for a good 80% of the special. By the next scene, she magically re-appears saying a corny (yet cute) holiday phrase.
  • The whole "surrender to your owner" theme in the special made the concept of playing with toys seem more sexual in nature. Maybe that's why Wallace Shawn made the Fifty Shades of Gray comparison. Now I'm going to have nightmares of the toys engaging in BSDM...
  • Trixie's character development seems kind of forced. I understand that they tried to flesh her out more yet they seemed to force her intital conflict with her roles during playtime.
  • The lack of Toy Story veterans like Slink and Hamm in these shorts is disturbing.
  • The references and easter eggs were fun to look out for. I'm still looking for the more obscure ones (like the hot wheels-like Pizza Planet truck).
  • The Cleric and Zurg should team up. Heck, Toy Story shorts should focus more on secondary characters such as Utility Belt Buzz, Prospector, Andy's old toys, etc.
  • I am excited for the Blu-Ray/DVD release of the special.
  • I want a 12-inch Reptillus Maximus figure before Toy Story 4 comes out...I'm waiting...
My original score: 8/10
My revised score: 7.5/10 Story elements are reused, forced conflict for Trixie, great voice acting from the newcomers, and the animation looks so life-like (the toys look so real)

Did I still enjoy the special? Yes.
Did I start to notice some problems that I didn't the first few times? Yes.
Do I hate either of the specials? Nah. I do think Partysaurus Rex is my least favorite Toy Story Toon, however...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So I accidentally posted the same reply twice and instead of just telling , went RIGHT to an infraction
Alright.
Maybe if you guys would stop being stupid and spamming, it wouldn't' be an issue.
So um... where was I spamming??? where was ANYONE spamming. don't bring that trash here.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I Just realized, Im the only one using SmashBoards Dark Theme?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Maybe if you guys would stop being stupid and spamming, it wouldn't' be an issue.
But my friend, in the Super Smash Brothers for 3DS and Wii U Social Thread, we do not enjoy taking the easy route. That's too complicated. Instead, we offer a simpler option of running and screaming in the streets all the while blaming everyone else for our problems.

That is the way of the Internet.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I Just realized, Im the only one using SmashBoards Dark Theme?
The default theme? I tried the others and they either hurt my eyes like Smashboards Light or just don't click with me. Also, I thought they changed the background and not just the text... Well, whatever.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So I accidentally posted the same reply twice and instead of just telling , went RIGHT to an infraction
Alright.

So um... where was I spamming??? where was ANYONE spamming. don't bring that trash here.
I've known IsmaR long enough where she would not be giving out infractions just like that. And just skimming the last few pages, it's been predominantly off topic discussion, namely non smash topics. Like I saw a Korra related post, post that in the Korra thread.

Talk about a forced meme.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Oh Well I'll just Deal with it, drop it and look at this picture to make me feel better

Toadette always makes me feel better. I still need to get this game. But I'm scared my wii u is one of those defective ones that will corrupt my external hard drive

Last edited:

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
Calm down. You got an infraction, move on from it.
Yeah but they tend to build up, kinda like cancer.

To be honest all the fun that this web site has is just... kinda gone. :/

I've known IsmaR long enough where she would not be giving out infractions just like that. And just skimming the last few pages, it's been predominantly off topic discussion, namely non smash topics. Like I saw a Korra related post, post that in the Korra thread.

Salt.

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah but they tend to build up, kinda like cancer.

To be honest all the fun that this web site has is just... kinda gone. :/
What exactly are you looking for. In my opinion, if you guys like being together, make a social group for it. A lot of the guys and gals that posted in the old versions of this thread wound up in our own social groups and talk **** on Skype.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
But this is the social thread where we can talk about anything....? I guess that is bad now, huh?
But anyway, onto a Different topic. How does everyone feel knowing Christmas is 3 days away?

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Ghirahims's Moveset
Forward Smash: Lick
Up Smash: Lick
Down Smash: Lick
Up Air: Lick
Down Air: Lick
Special: Lick
Side Special: Lick
Up Special: Lick
Down Special: Lick
Final Smash:
LICKMASTER!

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

You're telling the Smash 4 social thread to stay on topic and talk about smash?

I'm sorry if you feel offended, but its obvious you haven't been on this thread long. This thread has neverand probably never will "stay on topic". It just won't happen :ohwell:

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
What exactly are you looking for. In my opinion, if you guys like being together, make a social group for it. A lot of the guys and gals that posted in the old versions of this thread wound up in our own social groups and talk **** on Skype.
Your right, this is a bad web site.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't think we actually are forced only to talk about SSB stuff here, but the constant pointless spam messages including pictures and such are an issue, and it's very clear they're not within the rules.

Also, I don't think we need to call people stupid, that said, please stop with this kind of spam and meme-only pictures. I even have my own set of meme pictures that I am not bothering to go with just because of this rule. I completely understand where the Mods are coming from too. I don't mind ****posting that much. But I also understand that some forums do not allow it everywhere. If that's the case, it's not very hard to provide quality posting in general most of the time.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Ghirahims's Moveset
Forward Smash: Lick
Up Smash: Lick
Down Smash: Lick
Up Air: Lick
Down Air: Lick
Special: Lick
Side Special: Lick
Up Special: Lick
Down Special: Lick
Final Smash:
LICKMASTER!
I saw Lickmaster and I knew this was a top quality post

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
@ Kingslime301 Kingslime301 and @ Mr. KoopaTurtle Mr. KoopaTurtle I dug up my old "Smash Bros. Pixar" thread from the other forum I frequent. While it's pretty much barren now, me and the some members in that thread made a bunch of ideas for the theoretical game. You guys can skim it for the content:
http://www.pixarplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14142

@ Mr. KoopaTurtle Mr. KoopaTurtle , who was the guy I should refer to? I have enough free time to discuss the game with him.
His name is @Davidreamcatcha . He is the head of the Disney Rumble site. I'll get to reading some of your site in a moment.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Depends on what you mean by anything. You have to draw the line somewhere. In the old threads, off topic talk was discouraged, but it was fine coming in every now and then. We had to keep it Smash related otherwise.
You do know they didn't say we have to talk about Smash only....right??? they never set a rule like that so... umm

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I understand everyone's frustration with the LOL .GIF/.JPEG/.PNG FEST that was 3.0, but a good 85% of posts in the thread is off-topic. With that logic, even the mods themselves would get infractions for being "off-topic". It's pretty difficult to stay on-topic in a social thread (originally) meant for users to...

....wait for it...

Socialize *mic drop*

Besides, I merely mentioned Korra and I only received 1 reply. I'm not sure why being "off-topic" is an issue?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I understand everyone's frustration with the LOL .GIF/.JPEG/.PNG FEST that was 3.0, but a good 85% of posts in the thread is off-topic. With that logic, even the mods themselves would get infractions for being "off-topic". It's pretty difficult to stay on-topic in a social thread (originally) meant for users to...

....wait for it...

Socialize *mic drop*

Besides, I merely mentioned Korra and I only received 1 reply. I'm not sure why being "off-topic" is an issue?
Apparently anything not about smash is Off-topic but I dont... Quite understand but hey, cant change a persons mind.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Depends on what you mean by anything. You have to draw the line somewhere. In the old threads, off topic talk was discouraged, but it was fine coming in every now and then. We had to keep it Smash related otherwise.
As long as it's not too risque, spam, or bound to bring fire, you can talk about anything. And admittedly, it's been like this for a long time. Heck, even the mods have joined in as well.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375

That fact this thread is off-topic is the only reason I'm here.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Just watched Toy Story That Time Forgot for the 12,000,000,000 time this month (5th time legally :4wario2:). Here are my impressions:
  • I can understand the criticisms for the special, the plot does feel repetitive when compared to the first film. Toy Story of Terror also reuses the escape plot from the films.
  • I'm starting to wish this special focused more on the theme of Christmas; I let it slid with TSoT since it would be rather odd to see Woody dresses as a vampire and Buzz as Mrs. Nesbit trick-or-treating.
  • Buzz and Woody were completely incompetent in the arena. Both have showed somewhat fighting skill throughout the 3 films. When Reptillus was attacking Woody, Buzz could have easily attacked Reptillus.
  • Disney [unfortunately] missed the opportunity to turn this into a 20 minute toy commercial for the Battlesaurs. The Mattel figures are too small for a collection and the Thinkway toys are just pitiful.
  • Reptillus, next to the Cleric, is easily my favorite character in the special.
  • Angel Kitty's presence was abysmal for a good 80% of the special. By the next scene, she magically re-appears saying a corny (yet cute) holiday phrase.
  • The whole "surrender to your owner" theme in the special made the concept of playing with toys seem more sexual in nature. Maybe that's why Wallace Shawn made the Fifty Shades of Gray comparison. Now I'm going to have nightmares of the toys engaging in BSDM...
  • Trixie's character development seems kind of forced. I understand that they tried to flesh her out more yet they seemed to force her intital conflict with her roles during playtime.
  • The lack of Toy Story veterans like Slink and Hamm in these shorts is disturbing.
  • The references and easter eggs were fun to look out for. I'm still looking for the more obscure ones (like the hot wheels-like Pizza Planet truck).
  • The Cleric and Zurg should team up. Heck, Toy Story shorts should focus more on secondary characters such as Utility Belt Buzz, Prospector, Andy's old toys, etc.
  • I am excited for the Blu-Ray/DVD release of the special.
  • I want a 12-inch Reptillus Maximus figure before Toy Story 4 comes out...I'm waiting...
My original score: 8/10
My revised score: 7.5/10 Story elements are reused, forced conflict for Trixie, great voice acting from the newcomers, and the animation looks so life-like (the toys look so real)

Did I still enjoy the special? Yes.
Did I start to notice some problems that I didn't the first few times? Yes.
Do I hate either of the specials? Nah. I do think Partysaurus Rex is my least favorite Toy Story Toon, however...
I haven't watched the special again but reading this reminded me about it
-I get why they reuse the plot, because children doesn't care about it, but still it was exciting for me during the part of the ventilation one (despite the obvious Deus ex Machina incoming)
-It was a Christmas special, I wanted a battle or a simple scene over a Christmas tree.
-Angel Kitty plain scared me and felt out of place sometimes
-Yep, Woody and Buzz were useless on the arena, but really funny. I wanted Jesse to go and kick some dinosaurs in the arena, she's good against reptiles....like Mr. Jones
-Mini Ridley The Cleric has great potential as villian and I want him on TS4

-Im also disturbed by the lack of Hamm, a scene with him "dropping the coins" when battling a Battlesaur had nice potential
-Easter Eggs are the best.

I want a Reptilus Maxiumus figure too

Going off-topic isn't the issue. It's the spam that's the issue since they're unnecessary to the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom