• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Fanservice means "Giving the fans what they want"

What if the fans want a good story with well defined characters

Last edited:

Soul.

No way we're getting a new character trailer. Just something that needs to be said before everyone here gets butt hurt that there is no new character revealed.
UGH! WHY DIDN'T THEY REVEAL A NEW CHARACTER?! I NEED TO SEE MORE! THERE IS NO WAY THAT IS THE FULL ROSTER.....I NEED NEW CHARACTERS!!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah... the Ridley fanbase wound up being the butt of jokes at the end of Brawl speculation thanks to the over-the-top blow ups of a lot of fans and then that carried through the end of speculation for this game which sucks because, fanboyism aside, Ridley is still a great character. Chances are the cycle will repeat with Smash 5 in 2020/2021 unless Sakurai (or whoever is director) pulls a Villager and drastically changes his mind about him.
Personally I just want to know what's going on in the Ridley Social Group, given how someone shot up to over 50,000 likes in about 2 months. reallywishtheadminswouldgetonreformatingthelikesystem

IDK I think Sakurai realizes that Ridley is a great character, just that he can't find a feasible way to include him design/programming wise, which obviously goes beyond size, within the time limits he has. Quite frankly, if he were to include him and ignored the character itself, I'd think we'd be looking at Firebrand or a literal Purple Charizard*. Fans say they want him in any way possible, but that's also why they are the butt of jokes.

*$5 says someone names their Charizard Amiibo: Ridley, and gives it the purple alt.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I thought fanservice involved the sexy things and such.
Fanservice is explanatory. So, Little Mac is fanservice to Punch-Out!! players as is Mega Man to Mega Man players, but at the same time, ZZS's gym clothes are fanservice like how Palutena's... saucy taunt is fanservice. Fanservice are the things that make us feel warm. :p

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Personally I just want to know what's going on in the Ridley Social Group, given how someone shot up to over 50,000 likes in about 2 months. reallywishtheadminswouldgetonreformatingthelikesystem

IDK I think Sakurai realizes that Ridley is a great character, just that he can't find a feasible way to include him design/programming wise, which obviously goes beyond size, within the time limits he has. Quite frankly, if he were to include him and ignored the character itself, I'd think we'd be looking at Firebrand or a literal Purple Charizard*. Fans say they want him in any way possible, but that's also why they are the butt of jokes.

*$5 says someone names their Charizard Amiibo: Ridley, and gives it the purple alt.
Link?

Soul.

I would do that when they release the Charizard amiibo and the Smash 3DS update that has amiibo compability.
Oh wait, Pikachu amiibo first. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Not going to lie, if I somehow did get a Charizard amiibo, I'd do that.

*hands over the $5*

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Fanservice is explanatory. So, Little Mac is fanservice to Punch-Out!! players as is Mega Man to Mega Man players, but at the same time, ZZS's gym clothes are fanservice like how Palutena's... saucy taunt is fanservice. Fanservice are the things that make us feel warm. :p
So essentially my heater is also fanservice?
Good to know.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Denying that Olimar is canonically one inch tall and thus impossible to be a Smash character?
Oh the memories
Why didn't people ever consider that maybe the reason that Olimar isn't 1 inch tall in Smash is because that would make him impossible to play, and be incredibly stupid? And that the reason that he is the size he is is because when I play Pikmin, I'm clearly not playing as a speck on the screen, I'm playing as a fully visible, fat-nosed, bulb-headed, weird, spacesuit guy, whom is perfectly visible on screen
Wait, I'll just answer my own question, because that would make too much sense.
Seriously, I'll never understabnd the Olimar is too Small argument.
Just wanted to get that out.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I thought Substitute dolls couldn't feel temperature. :p
I've heard that if I use things humans commonly use, I can be more like them. It's helped for the most part. (Though I still haven't gotten down breathing yet...)

D

Deleted member

Oh the memories
Why don't people ever consider that maybe the reason that Olimar isn't 1 inch tall in Smash is because that would make him impossible to play, and be incredibly stupid? And that the reason that he is the size he is is because when I play Pikmin, I'm clearly not playing as a speck on the screen, I'm playing as a fully visible fat-nosed, bulb-headed, weird, spacesuit guy, whom is perfectly visible on screen
Wait, I'll just answer my own question, because that would make too much sense.
Seriously, I'll never understabnd the Olimar is too Small argument.
Just wanted to get that out.
In all seriousness, I think it would be quite interesting to have Olimar at the size he is in the Pikmin games. Thank god for Brawl hacks.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I've heard that if I use things humans commonly use, I can be more like them. It's helped for the most part. (Though I still haven't gotten down breathing yet...)
Well, looks like we know who's going to star in a Pokémon version of Pinocchio. So, who's Geppetto? :p

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
In all seriousness, I think it would be quite interesting to have Olimar at the size he is in the Pikmin games. Thank god for Brawl hacks.
If it was like the Yoshi glitch in Melee, then I guess that would be interesting, but Olimar is fine the way he is now.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
@ Dr. James Rustles Dr. James Rustles In all seriousness, I partially agree. However, I think that would be a fit unfair.
Instead, what they should do in my opinion is make it so certain threads (discussion threads mostly) can have Likes locked so that they don't devolve into popularity contests, as well as allowing users to turn off Likes for their comments. YouTube videos have a feature like this, so it clearly works.
That way threads like the Image Captions thread can still exist properly.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
@ --- ---

This is really late and I apologize, but on the Smogon thing, I did find a few posts (like this one) that went into Greninja getting banned. It seems that overall, the reason it was banned was that they felt it had a negative and restrictive effect on team-building for offensive and balance play due to its movepool, stats and ability allowing it to check most of the metagame, with its movepool in particular being an issue as it can switch up moves to cover would-be checks. So oftentimes, unless you carried something like Porygon2 (which is too passive for balance), you didn't know if your check was effective until it pulled off its coverage moves, and if you guessed wrong, you lost a Pokémon to it.

So basically, it was just too much for a style of play, so it was deemed unhealthy for the OU metagame and banned as a result.

I support this. It would limit my notifications to only responses and tags.
You can turn off the likes notifications.

Edit: :4greninja:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If it was like the Yoshi glitch in Melee, then I guess that would be interesting, but Olimar is fine the way he is now.
I agree. From a game design standpoint, Olimar's size is fine. I just think it would be interesting to mess around with sometime. A character the size of a quarter running around and just being a nuisance to hit dealing chip damage with his Pikmin Toss.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It could if you figure out a way to make money off of it. For something like that you'd probably want to team up with a number of people although, honestly, I don't know how you'd go about it.
Well, I know i'd need help for any reasonable sized project, I just meant that would be what my "profession" is. Since that's all I really want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom