• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
@ Dr. James Rustles Dr. James Rustles In all seriousness, I partially agree. However, I think that would be a fit unfair.
Instead, what they should do in my opinion is make it so certain threads (discussion threads mostly) can have Likes locked so that they don't devolve into popularity contests, as well as allowing users to turn off Likes for their comments. YouTube videos have a feature like this, so it clearly works.
That way threads like the Image Captions thread can still exist properly.
Sounds agreeable.

I also want a 3 infraction point limit and the Proving Grounds removed, among other things. Also, cattiness being permanently bannable.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Sounds agreeable.

I also want a 3 infraction point limit and the Proving Grounds removed, among other things. Also, cattiness being permanently bannable.
Maybe a dislike button should be a new feature. :troll: (Inb4 all my stupid comments are downvoted)
Just looked that up. She's indeed banned. Wow I can't believe that.
When did Morbid reveal her gender?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I don't mind it to be honest. MKW.com had no Like system either and it was fine.
This forum was fine without Likes imo.

I remember when the system was first introduced, people were all like "We Facebook now?" lol. But I can live with this solution:

@ Dr. James Rustles Dr. James Rustles In all seriousness, I partially agree. However, I think that would be a fit unfair.
Instead, what they should do in my opinion is make it so certain threads (discussion threads mostly) can have Likes locked so that they don't devolve into popularity contests, as well as allowing users to turn off Likes for their comments. YouTube videos have a feature like this, so it clearly works.
That way threads like the Image Captions thread can still exist properly.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Why was Morbid even banned? out of her last posts that I saw through search, there wasn't anything wrong. :/

D

Deleted member

This forum was fine without Likes imo.

I remember when the system was first introduced, people were all like "We Facebook now?" lol. But I can live with this solution:
Yeah that's what I think about the Like feature: Facebook. I think it should be optional for those who can't stand it or something. Like a toggle switch thing.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Why was Morbid even banned? out of her last posts that I saw through search, there wasn't anything wrong. :/
If I had to guess, it was the signature (I don't know what it was prior). It seems Opposum was the one that approached her about it so I wouldn't be surprised if he was needlessly overbearing somewhere down the line and she suffered for it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hoo boy if a dislike button was introduced...

I remember when one kid in Miiverse called Crye or Cryo hated my Windows 8 drawing and said "DISLIKE!" for no reason. I had to take the drawing off as a result. I don't even want to think what would happen if such button was introduced... well, tell that to Facebook first. :troll:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
The Like option is fine in my opinion if people used it as a '+1' in boards like Character Discussion so they don't have to reply the entire post to only add '+1' or 'I agree 100%' or 'This' or anything like that.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You mean the signature she replaced a while back? I don't see why only now (or, yesterday) she would be banned for something long ago.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
The Like option is fine in my opinion if people used it as a '+1' in boards like Character Discussion so they don't have to reply the entire post to only add '+1' or 'I agree 100%' or 'This' or anything like that.
We could additionally begin infracting people for praise spam.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So Morbid is banned. Good, she pushed too many limits and boundaries, probably got reported a lot.

On a new subject, Youtube just decided to delete half my subscriptions because new policies and why not.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So Morbid is banned. Good, she pushed too many limits and boundaries, probably got reported a lot.

On a new subject, Youtube just decided to delete half my subscriptions because new policies and why not.
Watching a bunch of illegitimate channels

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator

I routinely **** with the mods and berate people and I am still not banned. I have a hard time believing she would be banned before I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom