• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lmao "Banjo-Kazooie" to return someday. Watch the new game be just like Nuts and Bolts since Rare is running out of ideas.
Rare is just a name now. The original staff left, well, most of them. Not the same anymore.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I just love the ignore feature though. Easily the best thing on the site.
I've never actually ignored anyone on this site.
I dunno, only one person here has ever managed to make me legitimately mad, and even then, nope.
Wait, Morbid was banned?

Huh? Oh.
Well that's weird.
Ah well.

How are you guys doing today?

Soul.

I've never played any Banjo Kazooie game, but I've heard from JonTron that Nuts and Bolts sucked ***
I've never owned a Microsoft console so what can I say. What can I actually say is that Nuts and Bolts is trash. I'd rather play the first two games.
The one for GBA was decent.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Rare is just a name now. The original staff left, well, most of them. Not the same anymore.
You can say that about Sega too.
It's nice if you just looooooower expectations from some devs. That way Sonic Boom 2: The Fall of Blonic won't disappoint anyone :troll:
I've never actually ignored anyone on this site.
I dunno, only one person here has ever managed to make me legitimately mad, and even then, nope.
Still doesn't change the fact that it's magenta :teeth:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
But was the love true?

You're Substitute plushie after all. Chances are they'll grow up to be a stereotypical cartoon bully, a side character, an antagonist for the main cast, and in turn grow out of you.
But it was there in the first place right? Love can never die, right?
Right?

Soul.

It's nice if you just looooooower expectations from some devs. That way Sonic Boom 2: The Fall of Blonic won't disappoint anyone :troll:
I would seriously laugh if Sonic Boom 2 was a thing. "Blonic" lol.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
I don't plan on ignoring anyone here. You guys and gals are WAY too entertaining to ignore. <3

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Wasn't you.
And I won't say who it was cuz' I'm pretty sure that it's considered flaming, and I don't want an infraction.
Also...

IT'S PYEERPAGOODUGHRATAXAMANDRUGUHFAZILUPAQWIEEEEEEEEKLEPLADOODEEDOOMEEYURPIPOOSTYFORDARETURNAGLEYDOOGLYDEEXEDEJOORFUGTYUIONEVIMISQAUXZEDFORSMOTHYRHURORFUNDLEDEEURPLE! NOT MEGOONTA!

D

Deleted member

So you mean after Sega stopped making consoles everything went downhill? Ehh I guess you're right. Same with Activision (which is funny because it was created by a bunch of developers who were dissatisfied with Atari's policies and wanted to make good games, and look at them now.), Ubisoft, EA, and all that.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My sig was easy to make.

I need to get Paintshop Pro again. Working on images will be a heck lot easier with it, so I might be able to put more creativity in my signatures. Luckily the background of all three original images I used in my current one are pitch black so I didn't need to do much other than put them all together and add the captions.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It can go the way of the Dodo, that is for certain.

And what if it does? What if it hasn't yet? You may ask young padawan.

I trust it will all make sense to you in the course of....well, I'm really not a liberty to say.
Oh it makes sense to me all right. Like a rabbit being trained to fight a mouse.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Personally I just want to know what's going on in the Ridley Social Group, given how someone shot up to over 50,000 likes in about 2 months. reallywishtheadminswouldgetonreformatingthelikesystem
The Space Pirate Mansion or some group I don't know about?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I've never owned a Microsoft console so what can I say. What can I actually say is that Nuts and Bolts is trash. I'd rather play the first two games.
The one for GBA was decent.
I'd go out and buy a N64, but first I need somewhere to connect it to the TV. The TV set in my back room has all its ports taken, and that's pretty much the only TV set I have free access to at my house. I can't sell my Wii because I still play GameCube games on it, and the DVD player I don't want to get rid off.

(Sigh) If only I could be optimistic about Nintendo buying back Rare.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Here comes another rant... That involves real life logic versus Nintendo logic... So, behold! A spoiler.
Coming from a martial arts background, I do not, I repeat: I do not like Zero Suit Samus's Side Smash or Dash Attack in SSB4. Her Side Smash starts off with a roundhouse which is fine, but then she does this side kick where she leans way too far back. Superwoman or not, but that would probably kill her spine. Oh, and do I have to mention that her jet heels are active? Yeah, imagine her slipping and the heel propels her down crushing her skull and spine. Really? What the hell? At least give her a proper side kick or make it more upright like the Mii Brawlers. Ha... HAHA! The Mii Brawler and Gunner do better than Zero Suit Samus and Samus in accurate, safe moves, and Mii Gunner being a better Samus...

Have fun with a messed up spine, Samus...

All right, in Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, Vergil's basic combo for Beowulf was a left punch, right punch, and a "hurricane kick". The hurricane kick is roundhouse followed by a spinning back kick... It's a spinning kick like Fox's Fair. Well, that could be deadly considering ZSS's jet heels propelling her forward and accelerating her legs. Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=J_PsJ4ObyUU#t=217.

So, Dash Attack, what's wrong with this? She's leaning her head in. I don't know if this is because of her jet heels, but with flying knees, you don't lean your head in. Why? Well, if you telegraph it, then a person could side step and slam your head in. Hell, they don't even have to slam you, they could push your head in. Also, some people clinch - grab - when they do a flying knee. You know what gets in the way? A person's head. Yeah, headbutting incorrectly injuries both, but I think it's much worse for the headbutter. Or if they can, they could guard themselves and an elbow to the head hurts - trust me, I've had an elbow straight down on my head once and it was by accident. Since she's throwing her entire weight in like that, if she falls, trips, or whatever, it's going to hurt... A lot. I wouldn't be surprised if her neck snaps. Leaning back would equalize her weight distribution.

Also, her chin's not tucked in which she can't in that position since it would leave her blind. Tucking your chin in means things like uppercuts aren't going to do much, but in this case, I think it might be like a shock absorber if something happens. Welp, Samus might need a neck brace by the end of SSB4.

I know I complain a lot, I know it's just a game, and I have been really nitpicky about Samus, but the inner martial artist in me wants to say something and also, my inner safety instructor... person... thing doesn't want Samus to get hurt even though she's a fictional character.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Here comes another rant... That involves real life logic versus Nintendo logic... So, behold! A spoiler.
Coming from a martial arts background, I do not, I repeat: I do not like Zero Suit Samus's Side Smash or Dash Attack in SSB4. Her Side Smash starts off with a roundhouse which is fine, but then she does this side kick where she leans way too far back. Superwoman or not, but that would probably kill her spine. Oh, and do I have to mention that her jet heels are active? Yeah, imagine her slipping and the heel propels her down crushing her skull and spine. Really? What the hell? At least give her a proper side kick or make it more upright like the Mii Brawlers. Ha... HAHA! The Mii Brawler and Gunner do better than Zero Suit Samus and Samus in accurate, safe moves, and Mii Gunner being a better Samus...

Have fun with a messed up spine, Samus...

All right, in Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, Vergil's basic combo for Beowulf was a left punch, right punch, and a "hurricane kick". The hurricane kick is roundhouse followed by a spinning back kick... It's a spinning kick like Fox's Fair. Well, that could be deadly considering ZSS's jet heels propelling her forward and accelerating her legs. Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=J_PsJ4ObyUU#t=217.

So, Dash Attack, what's wrong with this? She's leaning her head in. I don't know if this is because of her jet heels, but with flying knees, you don't lean your head in. Why? Well, if you telegraph it, then a person could side step and slam your head in. Hell, they don't even have to slam you, they could push your head in. Also, some people clinch - grab - when they do a flying knee. You know what gets in the way? A person's head. Yeah, headbutting incorrectly injuries both, but I think it's much worse for the headbutter. Or if they can, they could guard themselves and an elbow to the head hurts - trust me, I've had an elbow straight down on my head once and it was by accident. Since she's throwing her entire weight in like that, if she falls, trips, or whatever, it's going to hurt... A lot. I wouldn't be surprised if her neck snaps. Leaning back would equalize her weight distribution.

Also, her chin's not tucked in which she can't in that position since it would leave her blind. Tucking your chin in means things like uppercuts aren't going to do much, but in this case, I think it might be like a shock absorber if something happens. Welp, Samus might need a neck brace by the end of SSB4.

I know I complain a lot, I know it's just a game, and I have been really nitpicky about Samus, but the inner martial artist in me wants to say something and also my inner safety instructor... person... thing doesn't want Samus to get hurt even though she's a fictional character.
You don't apply real life logic to videogames unless you are playing Professor Layton or Ace Attorney full stop.
Simple as that. This rant was not needed.

Last edited:

Soul.

I'd go out and buy a N64, but first I need somewhere to connect it to the TV. The TV set in my back room has all its ports taken, and that's pretty much the only TV set I have free access to at my house. I can't sell my Wii because I still play GameCube games on it, and the DVD player I don't want to get rid off.

(Sigh) If only I could be optimistic about Nintendo buying back Rare.
Unless they don't rush it this time. :troll:
Everyone wants Nintendo to buy Rare for some reason. I dunno why, but if that happens, they should just buy the franchises, not the company itself. Also, Retro making a Banjo game is....a pipe dream. They have other things to do anyway, such as making another DK game (side-scrollers are eh), even though people want a DK64-like game to be announced.
And about Sonic Boom.... lol. Given the reception of the "prequel" and the company losing employees while the game was in development, I have a hard time seeing a Sonic Boom sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom