• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Why not, I'll list mine too so that we don't get too depressing.

My predictions that are likely to happen:
- Yoshi's Woolly World
- Zelda Wii U info
- New 3DS info + Xenoblade N3DS announcement
- something Hyrule Warriors related
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U tournament mode, Miiverse stage, and Mewtwo trailer
- Kirby Rainbow Curse
- SMT x FE
- Xenoblade X
- maybe something on Splatoon

My hopes which are less likely:
- Teases of more SSB4 DLC
- Star Fox Wii U (though we're sure to get some news this E3)
- N64 and/or GC Virtual Console
- Mario Sunshine HD and/or F-Zero GX HD...please?
- Fatal Frame V Western localization (PLEASE COME TO US AND CANADA THIS TIME. NA missed out on FF2 Wii)
Add unmasking of wave 4 of amiibos on the smash section thats my prediction

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
As I see everyone is on Direct predictions for tomorrow, here's mine:

-Majora's Mask 3D gameplay
-Zelda U info
-Splatoon
-Mario Maker
-Xenoblade X
-Star Fox information
-Splatoon
-Mario Kart 8 DLC information
-Possible information on any future Smash DLC
-Next Amiibo wave announced
-Something Pokémon related
-A surprise new game reveal (whether new IP or another like Metroid)
-Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
-New 3DS

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Is it bad that I want a Nintendo Direct in April that's nothing, but a screen with Miyamoto's face upside down for 2 hours before Miyamoto, Iwata, Reggie, etc. say, "April Fools!"?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is it bad that I want a Nintendo Direct in April that's nothing, but a screen with Miyamoto's face upside down for 2 hours before Miyamoto, Iwata, Reggie, etc. say, "April Fools!"?
At the end of everyone saying April Fools, Iwata says "Please Understand."

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'll raise you one.
A brand new trailer for Smash starts, and then right as the cutscene begins, it loads indefinably.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
We had smash direct where sakurai crushed everyone hopes on the roster ,and tomodachi life

D

Deleted member

10/10 then it'd be the best direct ever.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
If they made an April Fools Direct, I hope they go all the way:
'K. Rool Smash DLC!'
'ORAS Battle Frontier DLC including Flygonite!'
'F-Zero U!'

And at the end everybody shows up saying it's April Fools. I wonder how angry people would be at Nintendo if they did that.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
'K. Rool Smash DLC!'
'F-Zero U!'

And at the end everybody shows up saying it's April Fools. I wonder how angry people would be at Nintendo if they did that.
You forgot
"Super Metroid remake!"
"Mother 4!"
"Mario Sunshine 2!"

D

Deleted member

'K. Rool Smash DLC!'
'F-Zero U!'

It wouldn't make me mad unless they said; "Patch for Pokemon Y that adds Diancite!"

Either the April 2014 or October 2014 one, depending on your stance on Ridley.
I never cared about Ridley, so my hopes were never destroyed.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Being fair, the first games of a new console rarely show all of their potential.
It's usually later games like Metal Gear Solid 3 and Shadow of the Colossus on the PS2; Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us on the PS3; Halo 4 and I believe Alan Wake on the Xbox 360; MGSV, GTAV?, and Crysis 3 on the PS3 and Xbox 360; and I'm not sure on the Wii, GCN, PSone, DS, NES, SNES, Genesis, etc.

But that's usually graphics being pushed rather than gameplay like how Journey was able to tell a story without words or Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry using fighting game-based inputs to create amazing hack 'n' slash games, Vanquish being a high speed third-person shooter, or Spec Ops: The Line deconstructing the whole shooter craze.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I have a question for you myself. I'm in sort of a bad situation right now, I'm a HS dropout with poor social skills and I want to have some form of job...what job should I start looking for?
Any entry level job though, to be honest, you'll probably want to get a GED or some equivalent because you'll need that if you ever want any sort of management job outside of starting your own business. Money is money even if it isn't a lot. Even if you struggle to pay for things, it's better than not being able to pay for them at all.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
All right, I got it.
The trailer starts as normal, and then off in the distance you see silhouettes of Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo. The camera zooms to the sky...
...*zap*... You see the three collapsing and a smaller character on top of them...
..."Pichu has joined the fray!"

And then the rest is gameplay and such.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Any entry level job though, to be honest, you'll probably want to get a GED or some equivalent because you'll need that if you ever want any sort of management job outside of starting your own business. Money is money even if it isn't a lot. Even if you struggle to pay for things, it's better than not being able to pay for them at all.
I am going to get a GED, I just didn't mention it because I thought I made that obvious...
Maybe I should start a business.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Used to care, then fanbase denying the blatantly obvious ruined everything.
Pretty sure Ridley's going to be DLC though. Meta Ridley can be made different sizes imo. He can be made smaller and probably still be a playable character. Sakurai wouldn't tease us so much if he wasn't going to make Ridley a character in the end.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
All right, I got it.
The trailer starts as normal, and then off in the distance you see silhouettes of Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo. The camera zooms to the sky...
...*zap*... You see the three collapsing and a smaller character on top of them...

I'd main Pichu in a heartbeat if that happened

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Oh, people are doing Direct predictions?
Okay, here are mine:
Games.
Iwata talking.
A number of minutes that exceeds 30.
Reggie will be there in some way, possibly sitting in a chair.
A release date for a game.
A white background behind Iwata.
Something funny will happen.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
All right, I got it.

Except that :mewtwomelee: is already confirmed.

D

Deleted member

Pretty sure Ridley's going to be DLC though. Meta Ridley can be made different sizes imo. He can be made smaller and probably still be a playable character. Sakurai wouldn't tease us so much if he wasn't going to make Ridley a character in the end.
My brother's friend's cousin works for Nintendo and he told me that Ridley is being made as DLC and will be revealed at the Direct tomorrow.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah... the Ridley fanbase wound up being the butt of jokes at the end of Brawl speculation thanks to the over-the-top blow ups of a lot of fans and then that carried through the end of speculation for this game which sucks because, fanboyism aside, Ridley is still a great character. Chances are the cycle will repeat with Smash 5 in 2020/2021 unless Sakurai (or whoever is director) pulls a Villager and drastically changes his mind about him.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
'K. Rool Smash DLC!'
'F-Zero U!'

I wouldn't be surprised if people were angry... Seriously, it's a joke people. Jaysus...

There was one time where a developer announced something on April Fool's day and people thought it was a joke; it wasn't. I think it was Sony or something, but that might have to do with maybe a time zone issue and cultural things, but still, it's a joke. I don't get why people are so uptight these days.

All right, I got it.

That needs, "I am lightning, the rain transformed", somewhere in the trailer.

If that existed... I would buy a Pichu Amiibo and name it "Raiden". Awesome, but giant fan art of Raiden at the end of MGS4.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been watching SF Debris' reviews of Star Trek voyager

and he believes the worst episode in Voyager is threshold, which I kind of agree.

It is a horribly written episode that tells the audience that evolution only has one set path, like pokemon, and that humans will one day evolve into giant salamanders that breath acid...

Even if being a mostly aquatic animal wouldn't make sense if your "evolving" on a spaceship with no large pools of water AND NO ACIDIC ATMOSPHERE

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

My brother's friend's cousin works for Nintendo and he told me that Ridley is being made as DLC and will be revealed at the Direct tomorrow.
You see guys? ITS FINALLY CONFIRMED!

I'm so excited for the Nintendo Direct tomorrow now. Jeez. After years of waiting Ridley is finally going to be revealed for Smash Bros.

Sakurai is actually a pretty nice guy in my opinion. I mean, after all this, finally putting Ridley in smash bros after many, many, fans have asked for years, and years? That's just a great quality for a developer to have. Being able to give the fans what they want. Fan service.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I am going to get a GED, I just didn't mention it because I thought I made that obvious...
Maybe I should start a business.
It's food for thought. Without a college degree, it presents the most opportunities aside from picking up a trade like welding or plumbing (which are almost always in demand). You could also try your luck with a local business and see if you can learn on the job with something like painting or roofing. Starting a business comes with a buttload of risks though and most sink because of piss poor money management.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You see guys? ITS FINALLY CONFIRMED!

I'm so excited for the Nintendo Direct tomorrow now. Jeez. After years of waiting Ridley is finally going to be revealed for Smash Bros.

Sakurai is actually a pretty nice guy in my opinion. I mean, after all this, finally putting Ridley in smash bros after many, many, fans have asked for years, and years? That's just a great quality for a developer to have. Being able to give the fans what they want. Fan service.
I thought fanservice involved the sexy things and such.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
No way we're getting a new character trailer. Just something that needs to be said before everyone here gets butt hurt that there is no new character revealed.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's food for thought. Without a college degree, it presents the most opportunities aside from picking up a trade like welding or plumbing (which are almost always in demand). You could also try your luck with a local business and see if you can learn on the job with something like painting or roofing. Starting a business comes with a buttload of risks though and most sink because of piss poor money management.
Does making a game count? I'd love to do that eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom