• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
/sighs

I really honestly feel like I'm having a mid-life crisis at the age of 25. Ever since my last job ended I've been stuck at home for almost 3 years straight now. Not able to go anywhere, all the jobs keep rejecting me cause lack of experience, my family gets sicker and I can't drive freely and can't go out much due to those circumstances. Plus, anxiety often keeps me from doing certain things, and last night I literally had a dream that the year was already over and I hadn't done a thing with my life. I can't travel, I can't do a damn thing and I really wish things would get better and that I hadn't made certain decisions when I was in high school and college. Namely, investing time in people that would get sick of me and leave me.

....sometimes I just need to vent like this.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
They need to make an Ice Climbers game where they happen upon the long dormant human incarnation of a cosmic being and set off on a journey with him to restore peace to the four kingdoms.
In all seriousness, I think a tongue in cheek game akin to Captain Rainbow about obscure Nintendo characters would be great. For example, they could be on a job hunt but keep running into problems about adjusting to modern gaming. That just strikes me as funny for whatever reason, even if it's sort of dry New Yorker-esque humor. Maybe they could tackle things like FPSs and JRPGs only to find that as an ice climbing duo, they are really a fish out of water in the 2010's.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
/sighs

I really honestly feel like I'm having a mid-life crisis at the age of 25. Ever since my last job ended I've been stuck at home for almost 3 years straight now. Not able to go anywhere, all the jobs keep rejecting me cause lack of experience, my family gets sicker and I can't drive freely and can't go out much due to those circumstances. Plus, anxiety often keeps me from doing certain things, and last night I literally had a dream that the year was already over and I hadn't done a thing with my life. I can't travel, I can't do a damn thing and I really wish things would get better and that I hadn't made certain decisions when I was in high school and college. Namely, investing time in people that would get sick of me and leave me.

I've basically been stuck at home as well...just have some part time work at retail that can go 4.5 hours to 18 hours a week. I'm not making much per hour either. I need more interviews...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Xenoblade.
...Xenoblade isn't third party. Welp, saw you added a :troll: now, nvm

I've basically been stuck at home as well...just have some part time work at retail that can go 4.5 hours to 18 hours a week. I'm not making much per hour either. I need more interviews...
I sometimes feel like biting the bullet and working as a fast food cashier or something, but mom refuses to let me squander my IT studies like that. It has after all been a lot of work and studying those 5.5 years (the additional 1.5 is my failed attempt at Master's) and apparently all that time was for nothing anyway...

The fact that dad and aunt are getting sicker and can't be home alone too long makes it worse, imo.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Can Baby Ganondorf frame cancel DAir to up smash so that it deals 43%?
Silly goose-achu, Baby Ganondorf is exclusive to Mario Kart like Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach. Babies don't fight and when they do, they get hurt like Pichu. :p

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
My Nintendo Direct predictions:

- Hyrule Warriors "Majora's Mask" DLC pack.
- New Nintendo 3DS
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U tournament mode + Miiverse stage
- Xenoblade Chronicles X + Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
- N64 Virtual Console for Wii U
- Kirby and his Rainbow Curse
- Mario Maker
- Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
- Yoshi's Woolly World
- The Legend of Zelda XVIII
- Splatoon
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's 3D

Though keeping some expectations low.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
/sighs

I know a lot of those feelings :( Life is brutal. Music has been my coping mechanism for a lot of dark times.

There's a Metallica song for everything, try a softer one, "Until It Sleeps."

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I know a lot of those feelings :( Life is brutal. Music has been my coping mechanism for a lot of dark times.

There's a Metallica song for everything, try a softer one, "Until It Sleeps."
Paramore's got Last Hope and Modest Mouse aside Float On which is upbeat has their other darker songs that are hopeful if you look into them. Hell, listen to Pharrell William's Happy. There's also Child of Light which I recommend playing, but anyway, there's a song called Off To Sleep by Coeur de Pirate - she was hired to do the music for the game. Phone's battery is almost out, so I'll edit links in or something later.

Edit: Links to the songs.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
  • New 3DS
  • Majora's Mask 3D
  • Majora's Mask HW DLC
  • Mewtwo trailer
  • Surprise Happy Mask Salesman Smash DLC
  • Zelda U trailer with Happy Mask Salesman
  • Iwata wearing Majora's Mask

:troll:

R0Y

Smash Master
Took me nearly 2 years to find a minimum wage nightmare job that wasn't graveyard to put myself through University. It's good for a resume and getting out of the house if nothing else, @ Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura

Work to live, don't live to work. At the end of thr day you still get to go home.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My Nintendo Direct predictions:

- Hyrule Warriors "Majora's Mask" DLC pack.
- New Nintendo 3DS
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U tournament mode + Miiverse stage
- Xenoblade Chronicles X + Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
- N64 Virtual Console for Wii U
- Kirby and his Rainbow Curse
- Mario Maker
- Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
- Yoshi's Woolly World
- The Legend of Zelda XVIII

Though keeping some expectations low.
Why not, I'll list mine too so that we don't get too depressing.

My predictions that are likely to happen:
- Yoshi's Woolly World
- Zelda Wii U info
- New 3DS info + Xenoblade N3DS announcement
- something Hyrule Warriors related
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U tournament mode, Miiverse stage, and Mewtwo trailer
- Kirby Rainbow Curse
- SMT x FE
- Xenoblade X
- maybe something on Splatoon

My hopes which are less likely:
- Teases of more SSB4 DLC
- Star Fox Wii U (though we're sure to get some news this E3)
- N64 and/or GC Virtual Console
- Mario Sunshine HD and/or F-Zero GX HD...please?
- Fatal Frame V Western localization (PLEASE COME TO US AND CANADA THIS TIME. NA missed out on FF2 Wii)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You forgot Happy Mask Salesman in Mario Kart 8.
I've figured out Nintendo's master plan, this is the Year of Masks and who better than the Salesman?

Zelda U is a sequel to TP which is a sequel to Majora's Mask.
Majora's Mask is being re-released.
Hyrule Warriors is getting Majora's Mask DLC.
Happy Mask Salesman will appear in all three games.
Happy Mask Salesman joins Smash and Mario Kart for maximum exposure.
???
PROFIT!

R0Y

Smash Master
I'll tear me open, make you gone
No longer will you hurt anyone
And the hate still shapes me
So hold me, until it sleeps...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
My unlikely predictions:

- Mewtwo gameplay / info 4 Smash
- Reiterating things we know about Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X, etc
- Reminder of MK8 having more DLC
- Skull Kid and Happy Mask Salesman for Hyrule Warriors
- Reiterating things we know about Majora's Mask 3D
- Hint at more Smash 4 DLC?
- BUY OUR AMIIBOS

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
...Xenoblade isn't third party.

I sometimes feel like biting the bullet and working as a fast food cashier or something, but mom refuses to let me squander my IT studies like that. It has after all been a lot of work and studying those 5.5 years (the additional 1.5 is my failed attempt at Master's) and apparently all that time was for nothing anyway...

The fact that dad and aunt are getting sicker and can't be home alone too long makes it worse, imo.
Any job is better than no job. It's experience and employers will look down on you if you don't do any sort of work for long periods of time. I'm 27 and have worked food service for the past 10 years but I feel like I've picked up a lot of skills since then and now even have management experience. If you're like most people, you're going to have to find meaning and purpose outside of your job anyways so, as you said, it's better to just bite the bullet to pay the bills and what not.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Any job is better than no job. It's experience and employers will look down on you if you don't do any sort of work for long periods of time. I'm 27 and have worked food service for the past 10 years but I feel like I've picked up a lot of skills since then and now even have management experience. If you're like most people, you're going to have to find meaning and purpose outside of your job anyways so, as you said, it's better to just bite the bullet to pay the bills and what not.
I have a question for you myself. I'm in sort of a bad situation right now, I'm a HS dropout with poor social skills and I want to have some form of job...what job should I start looking for?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
In all seriousness, I think a tongue in cheek game akin to Captain Rainbow about obscure Nintendo characters would be great. For example, they could be on a job hunt but keep running into problems about adjusting to modern gaming. That just strikes me as funny for whatever reason, even if it's sort of dry New Yorker-esque humor. Maybe they could tackle things like FPSs and JRPGs only to find that as an ice climbing duo, they are really a fish out of water in the 2010's.
This is why I really like the concept of Captain Rainbow: you're basically a nerd trying to help [obscure] Nintendo heroes and other characters. It's like, how cool is that? Even heroes need help sometimes.

Have you heard of the game Segagaga?

It would be nice to see Nintendo make a similar game. Doesn't have to be about saving the company from destruction and blowing away competitors, but something where Nintendo brings a bunch of their franchises together for a funny story (almost like a self-parody) and just look back on what they've done. There's the Smash series which could be seen as a celebration of Nintendo's history (and I guess with added 3rd parties now), though what I'm saying is something a little different. Y'know, a different genre (like maybe action-adventure + life simulation or whatever), with the characters interacting with the protagonist. All of that jazz. And throw in more obscure characters too! Make it the ultimate Nintendo fanservice game... err, well, aside from Smash that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom