• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Lucario is mainly used as a physical attacker anyways. Why bother giving him Aura Sphere?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lucario kind of forgets his aura moves when he mega evolves.

He just goes around punching things

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
A Special Lucario is really rare but it can work
-Aura Sphere/Focus Blast
-Flash Cannon
-Vacuum Wave
-Psychic

The only thing it lacks is good coverage against Ground but still hits hard and is safe from burns

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Due to thread title being in Japanese, my avatar is going back to being Yotsugi.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I hate that too. Seriously, why are people being penalized for laggy matches? Whatever, I just do what I can do and leave the match.

Lucarios are weird, but most Lucarios on For Glory are probably going to spam Aura Sphere and if you can reflect that, then it's double-edged sword. I remember a laggy match and I just knew after several times of losing, that this dude always loved finishing and edgeguarding with Aura Sphere. I got him on our last match with a Reflector. It was hilarious since it was pretty much pointblank. I think some tryhard switched to Lucario once and the same thing happened, except without lag, it was much easier.

Falco's Reflector is so fun and Palutena's would be too since it's a physical wall that says, "Nope, no ledge for you." Anyway, Lucario is the sort where you have to take Lucario out fast; same with Bowser since at rage, they're dangerous as hell. The issue with Lucario is knowing which attacks gain range/hitbox with aura and I think that's only Aura Sphere and Force Palm. The other is his freaking super recovery. Either you can gimp Lucario off-stage with a good read or you're dependent on an on-stage kill.

Lucina's consistent strong hits are weird. The thing with Counter is that if it's getting predictable, then grab them or delay a hit. Fighting counter-spammers is like dancing wrong. Instead of going with a rhythm, just go nuts and step on her feet.

Yeah, cheap winners and spammers are just the worst and they think they're great because of it. Seriously, if that's what makes your day, then you have a sad and pathetic life. Defeating a challenging foe is just amazing, but defeating people who are relatively new, unfamiliar with the MU, etc. by spamming is just sad.

I'm okay with losing to a person who's obviously better than me and shows it without being a total ***. The Little Mac who punished and waited for you to come back and try again? I'd lose to that guy a 100 times and be fine. Losing to a Fox player who messes with your mind because you have no idea what kind of combo he's going to pull on you? That's awesome, but a Yoshi spamming Dash Attack? Hell, freaking no. You just made an adorable, green dinosaur look bad.
Yeah they pretty much spam Aura Sphere a lot and use Up+B over 9000 times. I'll keep on practicing I guess, but agreed x9000.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Super Smash Bros. 4 Social Thread 4.0 & Knuckles - Idiot

Is what the title says.

Japanese title does get my approval. Who had the idea? @Venus of the Desert Bloom?

That's all for now. See ya.
It was Tri. :awesome:

Anyway, good afternoon people.

Yeah, I hate that too. Seriously, why are people being penalized for laggy matches? Whatever, I just do what I can do and leave the match.

Lucarios are weird, but most Lucarios on For Glory are probably going to spam Aura Sphere and if you can reflect that, then it's double-edged sword. I remember a laggy match and I just knew after several times of losing, that this dude always loved finishing and edgeguarding with Aura Sphere. I got him on our last match with a Reflector. It was hilarious since it was pretty much pointblank. I think some tryhard switched to Lucario once and the same thing happened, except without lag, it was much easier.

Falco's Reflector is so fun and Palutena's would be too since it's a physical wall that says, "Nope, no ledge for you." Anyway, Lucario is the sort where you have to take Lucario out fast; same with Bowser since at rage, they're dangerous as hell. The issue with Lucario is knowing which attacks gain range/hitbox with aura and I think that's only Aura Sphere and Force Palm. The other is his freaking super recovery. Either you can gimp Lucario off-stage with a good read or you're dependent on an on-stage kill.

Lucina's consistent strong hits are weird. The thing with Counter is that if it's getting predictable, then grab them or delay a hit. Fighting counter-spammers is like dancing wrong. Instead of going with a rhythm, just go nuts and step on her feet.

Yeah, cheap winners and spammers are just the worst and they think they're great because of it. Seriously, if that's what makes your day, then you have a sad and pathetic life. Defeating a challenging foe is just amazing, but defeating people who are relatively new, unfamiliar with the MU, etc. by spamming is just sad.

I'm okay with losing to a person who's obviously better than me and shows it without being a total ***. The Little Mac who punished and waited for you to come back and try again? I'd lose to that guy a 100 times and be fine. Losing to a Fox player who messes with your mind because you have no idea what kind of combo he's going to pull on you? That's awesome, but a Yoshi spamming Dash Attack? Hell, freaking no. You just made an adorable, green dinosaur look bad.
I use R.O.B. and Arm Rotor is super effective on projectile spammers, lol. Particularly against Samus's and Lucarios.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Physical M-Lucario is popular because Smogon but a Special Moveset is really good, specially as a surprise.
For example:
I've seen people running Talonflame with Overheat to smack physical walls like Skarmory really hard, so It's good to think out of the box when doing movesets sometimes.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I've actually used Special M-Lucario to great success back before its ban. Physical is definitely the more preferred between the two (Close Combat hits like a truck), but it does have the stats and movepool to back up the Special one, so it's definitely not a set that I would underestimate.

Edit: Nevermind, SProgepede pretty much covered it.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Anyone notice the symbols in Bill's circle thing are symbols that appear on certain characters?

Dipper, Soos, Stan, Robbie (Also Mabel is called "Shooting Star" by Bill

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

One question. Does my icon has a Japanese feel to it or something? I think it does.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG Gruncle Stan had a twin brother and something happened to him

Could the portal he's building have something to do with his twin brother?

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Hey can somebody give me a tip for best way to get rarer trophies? Trophy Rush gives a lot of common ones but never any rare and the Shop always seems to have mediums and only sometimes rares.

Soul.

Is it me or is this year going slow. Like Brawl levels of slow. We're just in January 9 when it should be January 20 or something. Oh well, I can deal with this lol.
---

I'm here for the cake Japanese text.

Was going to translate it but found it was already translated in an above post. Ah well :p
omg you're back ?!?!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It was Tri. :awesome:

Anyway, good afternoon people.

I use R.O.B. and Arm Rotor is super effective on projectile spammers, lol. Particularly against Samus's and Lucarios.
R.O.B. is terrifying. I have never faced a bad R.O.B. player.
Arm Rotor is especially scary. An advancing kill move that reflects projectiles? Jesus Christ.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
not to be the fun police, but imo the social thread title should show what it is

....... so imma change it back

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
R.O.B. is terrifying. I have never faced a bad R.O.B. player.
Arm Rotor is especially scary. An advancing kill move that reflects projectiles? Jesus Christ.
Its not a great move against someone patient though, its pure shield to grab bait due to that delay at the end!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I had japanese avis before it was cool :shades:

Actually Sailor Moon avis only because Im not creative at all...

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*goes to Google Translate to check the title*

OH MY-

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Its not a great move against someone patient though, its pure shield to grab bait due to that delay at the end!
Luckily most poeple online don't realise that, so I can go full aggro with R.O.B. Otherwise it's a patient game of lasers and gyros.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I rolled over laughing when I saw the Google Translation. Seriously? :laugh:
Same here :joyful:
I think its because Google takes the most preferred result as the main one; and it's kinda obvious that people will use the most "heavy" translation as the best one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom