• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
We should keep the thread title this way, just to see both new and some old users react to this :troll:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The thread name is in japanese and a Waifu conversation may begin?
YES PLEASE

D

Deleted member

WTF is with these people?
Honestly I don't understand this generation. Paul McCartney is a former Beatles member and they never knew THAT?

In the other side of things, the idea of MTP scalping amiibo figures still amuses me lol.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Freaking people and their freaking ego. Hey, guess what? Spammers! And no, not on For Glory, but in freaking For Fun too. :glare:

Optional: Online rant.
I met two Ness's, all right? One in For Glory and one in For Fun. Both freaking spammed PK Thunder 2. It was freaking annoying as sin. Why? Why in For Fun? There's no freaking records in For Fun, dipstick! There was also this Charizard who spammed Flare Blitz and a Marth who spammed Shield Breaker... in For Fun. WTF?

Practicing is so freaking annoying when you have spammers making it impossible to test **** out. None of these matches were 1v1, but Team Smash on both modes. Oh, and for whatever stupid reason, when a person spams moves and we have another match, my teammate - it's always my teammate - switches to Little Mac and gets destroyed thinking Little Mac's going to do anything against a PKT2 spamming Ness. Oh, and did I mention how Ness has the strongest throws? Idiot. What's with me and stupid teammates?!

Had a Villager who spammed Lloid Rockets and her Fairs and Bairs before skittering away to the other side and if you got close, she'd use Dair on you. Welp, can't practice since I'm not familiar with Sheik and how to rack up damage well and move well with her, but I sort of do know her kill moves: Bouncing Fish, Burst Grenade, Up Smash, Side Smash, and Bair, and Uair; Dair sort of works, I think, but I don't know since end up SD'ing with it, Fair can kill near the blastzone, and maybe Down Smash?

So, might as well switch to Falco and manage this "situation". I and my rando teammate beat her. Let me remind you, this is For Glory and we know that about 90% of the players are soft-skinned, egotistical crybabies. She switches to Ganondorf and proceeds to spam Wizard's Foot and Dair along with spacing moves like Ftilt or Dtilt. I might have won if I wasn't so greedy and left myself under Ganondorf's feet, but my teammate died like 2-4 times. She leaves.

Hmm, I think I remember a dude who spammed Falcon Punch on For Fun. Oh, and that guy who spammed Donkey Kong's Hand Slap in a corner... on For Fun. If that's not a euphemism, then I don't know what is. Freaking dude was my teammate ****ing off on a corner and letting me get ganged on. The hell? Actually, that seems common... I remember several matches where if someone's getting beat up, the teammate would always walk the hell away and watch. If they have a projectile, they might shoot, but otherwise, they watch. THEY FREAKING WATCH! It's a TEAM MATCH! Why the hell are you in a corner with your hand i- *gets dragged off and sedate again*

Oh, and there was this one dude who was probably angry at a Marth player decided to use Lucina and try to win; he didn't.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Freaking people and their freaking ego. Hey, guess what? Spammers! And no, not on For Glory, but in freaking For Fun too. :glare:

I met two Ness's, all right? One in For Glory and one in For Fun. Both freaking spammed PK Thunder 2. It was freaking annoying as sin. Why? Why in For Fun? There's no freaking records in For Fun, dipstick! There was also this Charizard who spammed Flare Blitz and a Marth who spammed Shield Breaker... in For Fun. WTF?

Practicing is so freaking annoying when you have spammers making it impossible to test **** out. None of these matches were 1v1, but Team Smash on both modes. Oh, and for whatever stupid reason, when a person spams moves and we have another match, my teammate - it's always my teammate - switches to Little Mac and gets destroyed thinking Little Mac's going to do anything against a PKT2 spamming Ness. Oh, and did I mention how Ness has the strongest throws? Idiot. What's with me and stupid teammates?!

Had a Villager who spammed Lloid Rockets and her Fairs and Bairs before skittering away to the other side and if you got close, she'd use Dair on you. Welp, can't practice since I'm not familiar with Sheik and how to rack up damage well and move well with her, but I sort of do know her kill moves: Bouncing Fish, Burst Grenade, Up Smash, Side Smash, and Bair, and Uair; Dair sort of works, I think, but I don't know since end up SD'ing with it, Fair can kill near the blastzone, and maybe Down Smash?

So, might as well switch to Falco and manage this "situation". I and my rando teammate beat her. Let me remind you, this is For Glory and we know that about 90% of the players are soft-skinned, egotistical crybabies. She switches to Ganondorf and proceeds to spam Wizard's Foot and Dair along with spacing moves like Ftilt or Dtilt. I might have won if I wasn't so greedy and left myself under Ganondorf's feet, but my teammate died like 2-4 times. She leaves.

Hmm, I think I remember a dude who spammed Falcon Punch on For Fun. Oh, and that guy who spammed Donkey Kong's Hand Slap in a corner... on For Fun. If that's not a euphemism, then I don't know what is. Freaking dude was my teammate ****ing off on a corner and letting me get ganged on. The hell? Actually, that seems common... I remember several matches where if someone's getting beat up, the teammate would always walk the hell away and watch. If they have a projectile, they might shoot, but otherwise, they watch. THEY FREAKING WATCH! It's a TEAM MATCH! Why the hell are you in a corner with your hand i- *gets dragged off and sedate again*

Oh, and there was this one dude who was probably angry at a Marth player decided to use Lucina and try to win; he didn't.
Bruh, both of those modes ain't competitive but I don't mind For Fun as there are no records or anything so it's the best mode if you don't want to end up in a rage fest that is For Glory with all those projectile spammers and tryhards. I feel you though, sometimes teammates can be like this and the opponents just don't know how to play the game, I guess.

Soul.

Ness is rage inducing on this game. He got so many buffs, it makes no sense.
Villager is fine but lol I think everyone who uses the character will run off the ledge, jump and spam BAir, rinse and repeat. Then...Lloid? Hitboxes that last long are a problem I suppose. Well, that's what makes Villager good...correct me if I'm wrong.

People who leave a For Glory match after doing one are nothing but cowards to me. I lose, try to fight them again, they leave. "I don't want my precious win rate to have losses!!!!" And then someone will say "you suck :]" like tryhards. Meh.
I have no problems with For Fun, but For Glory is honestly a mess. I only play that mode because I don't know if people want to play With Friends----in other words, boredom. With all the projectile spammers who don't know how to play the game and use their characters' tools, it makes it very hard to win. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

I feel Roman Reings stronk for reading that.
Ness has never been a problem for me but...dat throws, also I faced a Villager using THE SAME EXACT strategy to beat me, for a moment I thought he was smart, but after reading this I think I scared him lol.
Also teammates are like Lv. 1 CPUs most of the time, they doesn't care, because of that is better to rek an entire team by yourself, feels good and gives some bragging rights.

And about Charizard; I just sit and wait to see how recoil damage does its work :troll:

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

That must have sucked luckily for me I have someone to practice with so I don't have to go online and have to deal with that type of hell.

D

Deleted member

I just put up Google Translate into Japanese and this popped up. It'd be cool to have my name in Japanese lol. I am aware a WIP version of Smashboards in Japanese was up but I'm not sure if it's still here or not. Either way this is good and matches the JP title very well. *laughs*

We live in a day of age that people don't know how to use google.
Well, of course, everyone is addicted to their smartphones or tablets these days and that's why Googling something doesn't exist in their universe. I know, it's a sad story. :/

Villager is fine but lol I think everyone who uses the character will run off the ledge, jump and spam BAir, rinse and repeat. Then...Lloid? Hitboxes that last long are a problem I suppose. Well, that's what makes Villager good...correct me if I'm wrong.

People who leave a For Glory match after doing one are nothing but cowards to me. I lose, try to fight them again, they leave. "I don't want my precious win rate to have losses!!!!" And then someone will say "you suck :]" like tryhards. Meh.
I have no problems with For Fun, but For Glory is honestly a mess. I only play that mode because I don't know if people want to play With Friends----in other words, boredom. With all the projectile spammers who don't know how to play the game and use their characters' tools, it makes it very hard to win. :facepalm:
Or TL;DR: they just use cheap tactics to win just to get their win rate at 100%. C'mon now.. this isn't Mario Kart where VR actually matters. The win rate in Smash Bros. has no purpose at all, compared to the former. It's essentially nothing. I even bet most of these tryhards playing online prefer to play on FD only and aren't good competitively (like, real competitive stuff).

Soul.

I just put up Google Translate into Japanese and this popped up. It'd be cool to have my name in Japanese lol. I am aware a WIP version of Smashboards in Japanese was up but I'm not sure if it's still here or not. Either way this is good and matches the JP title very well. *laughs*

Well, of course, everyone is addicted to their smartphones or tablets these days and that's why Googling something doesn't exist in their universe. I know, it's a sad story. :/

Or TL;DR: they just use cheap tactics to win just to get their win rate at 100%. C'mon now.. this isn't Mario Kart where VR actually matters. The win rate in Smash Bros. has no purpose at all, compared to the former. It's essentially nothing. I even bet most of these tryhards playing online prefer to play on FD only and aren't good competitively (like, real competitive stuff).
"I REALLY want to win so can we please choose only FD stages?"
"No. We're going to play on real stages."
"Aw, come on!!!"
lol. Yeah, win rate doesn't matter. VR in Mario Kart matters a bit because the more you progress, more "pro" players go to a race or something.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

For a moment I thought that the boards or my browser were glitching lol.
Im so trying this....

*I remember that Im a Firefox user and too lazy to open Chrom*

...nevermind

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
She aint my wife!
Well, she is now, so you better treat her good or else, buddy. :p

Bruh, both of those modes ain't competitive but I don't mind For Fun as there are no records or anything so it's the best mode if you don't want to end up in a rage fest that is For Glory with all those projectile spammers and tryhards. I feel you though, sometimes teammates can be like this and the opponents just don't know how to play the game, I guess.

I feel like I got baited by a couple of "cool guys". Freaking Charizard trollin' with Flare Blitz on For Fun, freaking DK expandin' his dong on For Fun, and the Ness's who live halfway across the world from each other saying, "Hey, if you meet this Ffamran guy, spam PKT2 to **** him off". That Villager was probably some girl I ****** off when I was in middle school. THE WORLD IS OUT TO GET ME!!! CONSPIRACIES EVERYWHERE!!! *foams from mouth before being sedated... again*

For Fun supposed to be all chill like, nahmean? But, I say, but, we have all these tryhards everywhere. There was Marth trying to be all smooth like butter and whiffed pretty much all his aerials trying to edgeguard people. It was kinda sad since he knocked me back on stage once. He was all right on the ground even if he spammed Shield Breaker too much.

I don't see a lot of really low level players, but I remember Marth/Lucina players who only used Dancing Blade. Like, WTF? What happened to neutrals and stuff? There are people all over who don't spot dodge or air dodge which is hilarious because there were countless times where people tried to juggle me and nothing happened because I air dodged and they kept going over and over or the people who use Kirby's Stone and Bowser's Bowser Bomb only to get grabbed and punished over and over again. Hell, there are tons of people who I fought who never grabbed. I don't even know if they know how to grab. Oh, and those Links who use Spin Attack super far away from the ledge. Er... You still have your second jump and tether... There are tons of people who don't do anything when you're off-stage unless they're a Captain Falcon. Everyone else either camps or just sits there.

Ness is gimpable especially off-stage, but in Team Matches and Smash, there's so much going on that you can't reliably destroy Ness. Either you hit him when you're not supposed to because your teammate was just about to land a kill move on Ness or Ness's teammate rushes in and flips your cheerios. So, this makes his PKT2 even more annoying and his... Why does everyone know this? His grab, Fair, Fair, Fair, combo. Anyway, Falco can probably land consistent Dairs with Ness. Hell, there is like no reason to not meteor the little brat because his PKT2 is a really slow recovery. Hell, instead of Dair, might as well reflect the PKT1 if possible and have Ness slowly descend to his doom.

But yeah, Villagers spamming things are annoying. I think there are a couple of characters who can't spam at all and Falco's one of them because his Blaster is so slow and his Phantasm can't do anything, but juggle. Marth comes to mind as well along with possibly Fox, Peach, and Sheik - her game is more or less "spam" in a sense of comboing and juggling anyway. I mean, what are you going to do with them? Bore them to death with Fox's Blaster, poison people with Vegetables, or Needle someone to death? They don't have reliable spam moves, but spamming for them is just annoying people like mosquitoes while spammers like Link, Zelda, and Bowser are more like quicksand annoying.

When I have a laggy match, I will always quit after a match since there's nothing to gain besides being ****** off. Now, if it's against a friend, then I would tell them or something before leaving.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I feel Roman Reings stronk for reading that.
Ness has never been a problem for me but...dat throws, also I faced a Villager using THE SAME EXACT strategy to beat me, for a moment I thought he was smart, but after reading this I think I scared him lol.
Also teammates are like Lv. 1 CPUs most of the time, they doesn't care, because of that is better to rek an entire team by yourself, feels good and gives some bragging rights.

And about Charizard; I just sit and wait to see how recoil damage does its work :troll:
After a while, unless it's a really good Ness, I don't have much trouble since I'm basically fighting cookie cutter Ness's at this point. It's always something like dash attack, Fair, Fair, and Fair; PK Fire, grab, Fair, Fair, and Fair; PK Flash edgeguard, and/or PKT2 spamming. That's hella easy with someone like Falco since Falco can go deep off stage. That and Falco's Reflector is like a sudden "you dun goofed!" move in comparison to other Reflectors.

At least Zelda, Marth, Bowser, Ganondorf, and Mega Man mix things up, but the Ness's I've fought are like one trick ponies. You've got your Zelda who uses Nair a lot, you got Zelda who makes good reads with Phantom Slash, you've got Fox's who use Dair over Fair, and you've got Little Mac's who are defensive counter punchers, aggressive rushdowners, and the typical spammers.

I hate random teammates and this is much worse than playing a FPS and being teamed up with a bunch of headless chickens, K/D-addicted snipers, and like 3 competent players against a clan. AGAINST A CLAN. Those freaking tryhards would always wreck us and they're probably doing call outs like they were in the military. Hey, why don't you guys join the military and feel what it really means to be in a damned war.

Why is it worse? Well, if your teammate has no freaking idea what they're doing, then your chances of winning drops to 50%. Well, that's all right, oh wait... Now you're up against these guys who are like synchronized or spammers. Can't do crap when you're trying to not get killed and your teammate keeps leading them towards you or you're doing fine, but your teammate SD'd and dies like 10 times.

That must have sucked luckily for me I have someone to practice with so I don't have to go online and have to deal with that type of hell.
I just get lazy about asking for Friend Codes and such. That and I'm a hopeful sort of person... So far, my hopes have been crushed. :sadeyes:

I think this is my name in Japanese: ファムラン・『バルフレア』・ミド・ブナンザ.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom