• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So, I started reading One Piece and Sailor Moon, and I finished the first volume/book of One Piece yesterday, and I do have to say, I already love it. I started reading Sailor Moon today, and I find it kind of boring, on Act 4 right now. Hopefully it'll pick up the pace soon, as I do want to enjoy it.
I haven't read the One Piece manga, only watched the anime but normally people want One Piece to pick up the pace at the start.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So, I started reading One Piece and Sailor Moon, and I finished the first volume/book of One Piece yesterday, and I do have to say, I already love it. I started reading Sailor Moon today, and I find it kind of boring, on Act 4 right now. Hopefully it'll pick up the pace soon, as I do want to enjoy it.
The first arc of SM is really meh because how its paced but it gets better with the time, specially because in the manga has cool violent moments that got removed in the Crystal anime.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Just coming here to say I can actually read that title!

Yaaaay school~

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
We should speak a language and see if we can guess what the language is or what they are saying.
Hmmm, I think you're speaking English, possibly US, UK, or some other variant of it.
You said "We should speak a language and see if we can guess what the language is or what they are saying".

:troll:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I love how I could read everything past the first three kanji in the new title...and the first kanji. The second and third I can't read, but I could correctly assume is "rantou" because SSB in Japanese is "Dairantou Sumashi burazaazu".

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Language Pop quiz: What does this quote translate to? 大天国! (Dai Ten Goku!)

Enjoy, not. :troll:
Large Heaven?
that's the best Google Translate can do

EDIT: Although if I translate it as Italian it means Ten by Goku

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I love how I could read everything past the first three kanji in the new title...and the first kanji. The second and third I can't read, but I could correctly assume is "rantou" because SSB in Japanese is "Dairantou Sumashi burazaazu".
I see whe haven't moved on from the title yet

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
You know she gave up and let an attack hit her and the rest because of men, right? Just saying
Oh yeah, 'cuz you totally won't be confused if you suddenly remembered that you actually know the bad guys you've been fighting for weeks discovering they're not evil but brainwashed all along and that you even had had a relationship in the past. Clearly no one would've confused feelings at the moment. Not like they stood up after either. Just saying.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I thought your main was Falco? Am I missing something???
I'm bored and I like Sheik in many ways... NO, not like that, pervert. I love that her Down Smash is a breakdance, her little hops for her walk is cute, and I just like the way her moves are just so fluid like her Ftilt, Dtilt, Uair, Bair, etc.; she's graceful.

It's weird how I pick my characters. I like Sheik sole-y because of her moves, especially her Down Smash, Ike's part of my younger days of thinking two-handed swords are awesome, Luigi and Link are childhood characters, Yoshi replaced Ike in Brawl for some reason after I went back to Brawl once, Wolf's well, a wolf and I like wolves, Toon Link grew on me because of his speedier play-style, Sonic's back throw is so funny that I use him just to mess with people, I like foxes, so I like Fox except his voice in SSB4 and he was my crutch character - he feels way heavier in SSB4 -, Captain Falcon's over the top, so he's just fun to play as and landing Falcon Punches, Knees, and Nipple spikes are fun, and Ganondorf's well, come on, he hits like a freaking truck, who doesn't think that's hilarious? Oh, and Luci's well, Luci.

Snake and Falco are the only characters I chose to play out more "reasonable" reasons. I like the Metal Gear series and since this is the only fighting game I know/own that has Snake in it, then he gets played a lot. Oh, and explosives are fun. Falco is more of a SSB4 thing since he's being **** on so much, that it ****** me off. I don't think any character has been **** on like this. People complain about Brawl Ganondorf and Captain Falcon, Melee Kirby, and Zelda being bad, Lucina and Dark Pit being clones, or are angry about SSB4 Diddy and Brawl Meta Knight being OP, but then you have SSB4 Falco who's treated like absolute crap because he's not Brawl or Melee Falco. Well, nobody is since each game has fighters being different. You can't play Link like he was in Melee in Brawl or play as Melee Mario in SSB4. So, I just picked him up out of curiosity and because I sort of wanted to prove that he's not a POS character. You want a POS character, go play as Ganondorf in Brawl who has his own separate tier.

Samus, (Dark) Pit, Zelda, Mega Man, Shulk, Dr. Mario, Meta Knight, and Peach are more curiosity characters. They interest me, I like their move sets, or I just don't like something else about them. For one, Mario's Fireballs < Dr. Mario's Pills. Why? Who does not want to OD people to death? Samus? Finally, fina-freaking-ly she has an updated appearance. Holy crap, it's been 4 freaking games for her to get an updated appearance while everyone already had updates.

Edit: For all intents and purposes: I usually have a main or a character I tend to play the most or am attached to the most per game. SSB4 Falco's the only one who I picked out of wanting to prove something and because he's challenging to play as compared to picking Dr. Mario and going to town on people.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
What's with the 日本語 in the title?
And yes, I do know that means Japanese in Japanese. I've taken a semester of Japanese so far.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, 'cuz you totally won't be confused if you suddenly remembered that you actually know the bad guys you've been fighting for weeks discovering they're not evil but brainwashed all along and that you even had had a relationship in the past. Clearly no one would've confused feelings at the moment. Not like they stood up after either. Just saying.
I 100% approve your signature. 10/10 for 60's Spider-Man.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Even though I know a bit of Japanese, Google Translate is almost accurate about that. Dai 大 actually translate to great, it's "Great Heaven!" But hey, don't take my word on it, because I'm still a beginner.
Some quick research tells me that it can mean either big or great.
hopefully I should remember that, the only other one I know is 宝, which means treasure.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Even though I know a bit of Japanese, Google Translate is almost accurate about that. Dai 大 actually translate to great, it's "Great Heaven!" But hey, don't take my word on it, because I'm still a beginner.
Speaking of "大" Im glad that in ORAS the Fire Blast animation finally has a well made daimonji slamming against the opponent.

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
What's with the 日本語 in the title?
And yes, I do know that means Japanese in Japanese. I've taken a semester of Japanese so far.
Same, I don't understand why that's even there.

I can even confuse most of the people in here by saying my alt. name, "謎の光."

Hell, I can even translate one of Nintnedo's Japan exclusive Titles.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So an act of true love was being hugged by another crying female? No matter why Elsa x Anna was a thing in the fandom. :laugh:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Doesn't excuse them letting themselves be hit. If anything they would of AT LEAST jumped out of the way, you know BEFORE the attack reached them.

Last edited:

Soul.

I'm bored and I like Sheik in many ways... NO, not like that, pervert. I love that her Down Smash is a breakdance, her little hops for her walk is cute, and I just like the way her moves are just so fluid like her Ftilt, Dtilt, Uair, Bair, etc.; she's graceful.

It's weird how I pick my characters. I like Sheik sole-y because of her moves, especially her Down Smash, Ike's part of my younger days of thinking two-handed swords are awesome, Luigi and Link are childhood characters, Yoshi replaced Ike in Brawl for some reason after I went back to Brawl once, Wolf's well, a wolf and I like wolves, Toon Link grew on me because of his speedier play-style, Sonic's back throw is so funny that I use him just to mess with people, I like foxes, so I like Fox except his voice in SSB4 and he was my crutch character - he feels way heavier in SSB4 -, Captain Falcon's over the top, so he's just fun to play as and landing Falcon Punches, Knees, and Nipple spikes are fun, and Ganondorf's well, come on, he hits like a freaking truck, who doesn't think that's hilarious? Oh, and Luci's well, Luci.

Snake and Falco are the only characters I chose to play out more "reasonable" reasons. I like the Metal Gear series and since this is the only fighting game I know/own that has Snake in it, then he gets played a lot. Oh, and explosives are fun. Falco is more of a SSB4 thing since he's being **** on so much, that it ****** me off. I don't think any character has been **** on like this. People complain about Brawl Ganondorf and Captain Falcon, Melee Kirby, and Zelda being bad, Lucina and Dark Pit being clones, or are angry about SSB4 Diddy and Brawl Meta Knight being OP, but then you have SSB4 Falco who's treated like absolute crap because he's not Brawl or Melee Falco. Well, nobody is since each game has fighters being different. You can't play Link like he was in Melee in Brawl or play as Melee Mario in SSB4. So, I just picked him up out of curiosity and because I sort of wanted to prove that he's not a POS character. You want a POS character, go play as Ganondorf in Brawl who has his own separate tier.

Samus, (Dark) Pit, Zelda, Mega Man, Shulk, Dr. Mario, Meta Knight, and Peach are more curiosity characters. They interest me, I like their move sets, or I just don't like something else about them. For one, Mario's Fireballs < Dr. Mario's Pills. Why? Who does not want to OD people to death? Samus? Finally, fina-freaking-ly she has an updated appearance. Holy crap, it's been 4 freaking games for her to get an updated appearance while everyone already had updates.

Edit: For all intents and purposes: I usually have a main or a character I tend to play the most or am attached to the most per game. SSB4 Falco's the only one who I picked out of wanting to prove something and because he's challenging to play as compared to picking Dr. Mario and going to town on people.
Lol Smash 4 Dr. Mario is just...Pills, down smash, Up B OoS, grabs and aerials? I dunno. I have played Dr. Mario on 3DS a bit so...

D

Deleted member

So this thread has turned into Japan Central, eh?

It's time. It's finally time.

D

Deleted member

>Asks a question regarding MK8 in Miiverse. I asked why 150cc CPUs cheat a lot.
>Kid named "gget" tells me I suck at the game. It was like this: you suck =)

Oh, that's almost the exact same thing the other kid named Crye (he's gone I think) did when I made a Windows 8 drawing in April 2014. I now understand why the Miiverse community is as it is. ;)

Did somebody say 60's?
Even though I ain't a Pokémon guy I played this game and Colosseum and man this song is great. 10/10 again.

kylexv

Smash Master
So I put the last two symbols (Katakana?) by themselves into Google Translate and it said it meant the F word.

Mods pls.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom