• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Real Talk: Some One Piece fans actually like the idea of Rebecca being a new Strawhat just because her tragic past and the fact that she's female. Though the main problem with her character is that she's just a smaller Shirahoshi that doesn't know how to use a sword (cries too much, practically a minor, a pacifist, and she's not so unique from a swordsman like Zoro). If they want someone female to join the crew from this very arc, it needs to be a strong female that's suitable for the lookout role like Violet. The last thing we need is to have a more vulnerable and weaker version of Usopp to join the crew when they are in the New World full of tougher foes.
A new Straw Hat? Noice, gives me some incentive to catch up on One Piece. Haven't read that or Bleach since Naruto ended.
So just like Knuckles in Boom?

(He actually seems to be based on some anime character I remember seeing once, dunno who he is, all I know he's part of Shonen Jump and was in that Shonen All Stars PS3 game.)

EDIT: Its Toguro from YuYuHakusho
Nostallllllllllgia. Man YuYu Hakusho was awesome.

*drools
I ordered the hoodie and regret nothing.
Not even a little bit.

Good Morning guys.
How're you all today?
Contemplating missing my two classes due to the weather. Otherwise awesome.
How about you Mr. Pranks gonna git ya ?

Last edited by a moderator:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
not to be the fun police, but imo the social thread title should show what it is

....... so imma change it back
Fair enough, didn't expect for it to last very long anyway. LMAO at people still using Google Translate though.

I'll have fun changing it again later today though. :smirk:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Fair enough, didn't expect for it to last very long anyway. LMAO at people still using Google Translate though.

I'll have fun changing it again later today though. :smirk:
What's the plan? Who will succeed Knuckles to the throne, I wonder? :smirk:

By the way, @ CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix where do you get those icons from?

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Good translate is a really bad way to get the feeling of a language. The word you saw doesn't actually correctly translate to "baka" ばか. Baka can be correctly translated to idiot/fool and can be used as both an insult and as a joke\term of endearment. I.e. we call our cat a "bakaneko" when he does something stupid or silly. So, unless the person being called that is offended by it, it's not actually what Google Translate said it was. And to further my point, I asked my wife about it and she laughed at it and said that is a horrible translation of the word. My teachers also use Google Translate to translate documents from Japanese to English for me and I often get great pieces of art like this:

To Mr. Joe-teacher,

To Monday the class is have to be had. The class is will be of the 3 level of primary school students. In the four times open, will be the four lessons that is English. Please teach to all students the colors and of the shapes and teach students about enjoying speaking and playing in English. Students are to be made very happy by English with Mr. Joe-sensei. We look to the class and to the plan of the lesson. After the conclusion of the class students will had to make reflection on English and Mr. Joe-sensei. In the last part, we are happy to ask to make a talk to America and teach the primary school students of 3 level the enjoyment of foreigners. Please accept the class and students with much happiness.

Good bye
3 level teachers

(p.s. this is seriously a memo I found on my desk once.)

Many online translators completely miss the cultural context of the thing being translated.
Yep. I only know a bit of Spanish so far and I can tell that Google Translate can get a bit... weird.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
If I see one more thing blaming the Charlie Hebdo shootings on "religious people"...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Denial is the first step in acceptance, Rysir.

Shouldnt you be in school, kid?
Hmm.
Not sure whether that's an attempt at humor or an honest, genuine question.
Either way, it's worthy of a facepalm.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Just saw the thread title.

It gets a Rocket Raccoon seal of approval.

*pending picture*

If only it were
Smash 4 Social Thread 4.0 & Knuckles & Knuckles with Rocket Raccoon

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
A new Straw Hat? Noice, gives me some incentive to catch up on One Piece. Haven't read that or Bleach since Naruto ended.

Nostallllllllllgia. Man YuYu Hakusho was awesome.

*drools
I ordered the hoodie and regret nothing.
Not even a little bit.

Contemplating missing my two classes due to the weather. Otherwise awesome.
How about you Mr. Pranks gonna git ya ?
I'm not really sure, I've been under a lot of pressure recently from various things, but aside from the severe lack of sleep I guess overall everything is fine 'round here.
AlsoStillWaiting.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Too bad Im not a huge fan of Mercury :troll: but that's really cool
*image saved*...like the others :awesome:
I've gotta admit, I did each one in order of favoritism... she was the last one :troll:

Also:

Do it for her Moon.png

Doesn't excuse them letting themselves be hit. If anything they would of AT LEAST jumped out of the way, you know BEFORE the attack reached them.
Yeah, having the stress of a past life suddenly hitting you in the middle of a fight discovering what I said earlier is clearly no justification to stay in shock.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
What's the plan? Who will succeed Knuckles to the throne, I wonder? :smirk:
We can discuss ideas in the PM later.

Yep. I only know a bit of Spanish so far and I can tell that Google Translate can get a bit... weird.
Personally I use Bing Translate when I need some help with long paragraphs. After I wrote the thread's title (if you know grammar, using an online dictionary is an amazing resource) I doubled checked it and it came out perfectly. Though when I checked again later, somehow it turned into Smash Bros Brawl.

Similarly, you sillies who used Google Translate shortly after I changed it had a different translation than what was translated later in the night to ****. Needless to say, online translators are very unreliable and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
We can discuss ideas in the PM later.

Personally I use Bing Translate when I need some help with long paragraphs. After I wrote the thread's title (if you know grammar, using an online dictionary is an amazing resource) I doubled checked it and it came out perfectly. Though when I checked again later, somehow it turned into Smash Bros Brawl.

Similarly, you sillies who used Google Translate shortly after I changed it had a different translation than what was translated later in the night to ****. Needless to say, online translators are very unreliable and should be taken with a grain of salt.
Can I be it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom