• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0Y

Smash Master
The more I think about it, the more I want 3DS stage DLC. Any stage would be fine, except Green Greens, because my brother and I always play chaotic matches on that stage and he only plays the Wii U version.
A lot of the bigger stages simply wouldn't work or would end up like Gaur Plain though

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Just got Link Between Worlds today and the first thing I noticed was that the game was rated E in North America but here in Brazil it's 10+, pretty weird.:substitute:
But other than that, the game is fun, merging into walls is great (though the first boss is a pushover).

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Why is Sonic rated S in the SWF community tier list :I

Whats so great about sonic??

EDIT: I like sonic I just mean what makes him S tier... S for... Speed....
I don't know speed I guest, I don't even look at tier so meh.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Is what Fatality is doing to dashdance just "dancetrotting"? Or is it a new method? I saw a japanese vine doing it, and this really doesn't look like dancetrotting to me.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
A lot of the bigger stages simply wouldn't work or would end up like Gaur Plain though
True, but I lied when I said any stage would be fine anyway. :p

Speaking of Miiverse,I wonder if the community will be just as crazed as they were for demo codes as for the Mewtwo codes.
Not only the Miiverse community, SmashBoards would be too.

'Gib Wii U Mewtwo code plz.'

R0Y

Smash Master
Just got Link Between Worlds today and the first thing I noticed was that the game was rated E in North America but here in Brazil it's 10+, pretty weird.:substitute:
But other than that, the game is fun, merging into walls is great (though the first boss is a pushover).
The ESRB isn't known for being remotely harsh for anything non-sexual, so lower ratings are pretty common. See Smash getting 10, whereas it's 12 in Europe, or The Last Story, which was T (13), but a lean and mean 16 in Europe. Meanwhile, Counter-Strike was banned in Brazil.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Most likely. And chances are they'll be deleted by admins due to being a violation to the Code of Conduct
As for the desperate ones,they will most likely :

"Codes pls!!!11!! :(:(:(:("
"codes pls i has disease"

As for the ones who are normal :

"Why didn't you get one why they were still available?"
"Dude,just wait it out. Is Mewtwo that important to your life?"

As for the trolls :

"I have codes. :troll:"
"I really do have codes,but you must solve this complex riddle! :troll:"

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
The ESRB isn't known for being remotely harsh for anything non-sexual, so lower ratings are pretty common. See Smash getting 10, whereas it's 12 in Europe, or The Last Story, which was T (13), but a lean and mean 16 in Europe.
But here the only thing it says to why is "Violence" (Take in note that the ESRB only says "Fantasy Violence".)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

As for the trolls :

The Internet in a nutshell :grin:

Last edited:

Soul.

Why is Sonic rated S in the SWF community tier list :I

Whats so great about sonic??

EDIT: I like sonic I just mean what makes him S tier... S for... Speed....
He got buffs. Forward smash KOs earlier, back and forward throw KO, for example.

R0Y

Smash Master
But here the only thing it says to why is "Violence" (Take in note that the ESRB only says "Fantasy Violence".)
Your nation uses its own system: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Advisory_Rating_System

Even if the ESRB would use the softer "fantasy" qualifier, another system not specifying doesn't necessarily mean it's more violent than fantasy, just a different system, it just means that the 10 is because there's violence. Europe's system doesn't specify the type of violence on the box for example, partially because it's a symbol since there are so many languages.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
@ RamOne RamOne ,do you know a post from a user who only joined for codes?

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Speaking of the Miiverse stage, that is one stage I will not be playing on. I already seen enough trash from Miiverse I don't want to see it in stage form.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

As for the trolls :

"If you want my code, solve my maze first! :troll:"
No one is going to get the reference...

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Listening to music from Xenoblade Chronicles X, Attack on Titan and Blue Exorcist...

Hiroyuki Sawano is an amazing composer.

Your nation uses its own system: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Advisory_Rating_System

Even if the ESRB would use the softer "fantasy" qualifier, another system not specifying doesn't necessarily mean it's more violent than fantasy, just a different system, it just means that the 10 is because there's violence. Europe's system doesn't specify the type of violence on the box for example, partially because it's a symbol since there are so many languages.

PEGI (the European age board) is rather simplistic with its content descriptions.

Simplicity is good, I must say.

You can more or less deduce if the violence is heavy or not, depending on the age rating. A 7+ title with violence is likely to be less violent than a 12+ with the same symbol.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I know they are changing the mechanics, but I want it to be more than just "Oh yeah, we added this but you'll barely see it".

For the story, that's where I think Pokemon needs to evolve. Usually, people don't give a damn about the story, and it's normal because it's always the same : obvious bad guy is going to block your way to become a Pokemon master, save the world, be the champion, blablabla. They need to change that, but by breaking their own rules, not like Black and White who back tracked their story from "Look, the thing you do may be bad, y'know ?" to "Oh hey, we're bad guys anyway, we only have one interresting character in stock.". They need to do a real story that changes from the other games, not the same crap over and over again.

When i'm talking about changing the gameplay, I'm thinking of something other than just upgrading graphics and adding moves that you'll barely see unless you play competitive. It would still be Pokemon, but it would actually be new.

In short, I want to see a new Pokemon game, from start to finish, that wouldn't be a simple "crossover". Changing the gameplay won't make the game not Pokemon, it will make it new. Isn't this easy to understand ?
But since Pokemon fans are so stuck with the old formula of Pokemon, changing it would cause a massive anger towards Game Freak. They would say "It's not Pokemon", like you. Wich is sad because it causes the series to be super repetitive.

Anyway...
View attachment 43903
...I'm done talking about Pokemon. I have to correct all the faults of my transcripts.
I do agree with you on the story thing.

Gameplay wise, at the very least there should be an option for difficulty and a new game+ feature (oh and GF should get better programmers to optimize their games better. See: ORAS frame rate drops *sigh*). As an RPG Pokemon can be so much more, though GF likes to stick with the same formulas. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? They'll milk the series as much as possible because it's Pokemon. It's always going to be popular and they probably don't want to do anything that may potentially harm sales.

I think you'll have better luck if another developer makes such game. It most likely won't be part of the mainline games, but unlike Game Freak, others seem to like to take more risks. Especially in the story department. Or perhaps get someone else to write the story for GF. Chunsoft anyone?

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Listening to music from Xenoblade Chronicles X, Attack on Titan and Blue Exorcist...

Hiroyuki Sawano is an amazing composer.

PEGI (the European age board) is rather simplistic with its content descriptions.

Simplicity is good, I must say.

You can more or less deduce if the violence is heavy or not, depending on the age rating. A 7+ title with violence is likely to be less violent than a 12+ with the same symbol.
They're sort of big and colourful though imo, though not nearly as much as Australia's or Germany's.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
"If you want my code, solve my maze first! :troll:"
No one is going to get the reference...
Funny, this is how I got my ORAS Special Demo code.
"The Maze from Miiverse", as it's called, was literally impossible if one were to go from the inside, but I found that the beginning and end weren't boxed off so I had a loophole and went around the entire maze.
Alot of people were angry at the code-giver but atleast I got a slice of ORAS from it :b

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Funny, this is how I got my ORAS Special Demo code.
"The Maze from Miiverse", as it's called, was literally impossible if one were to go from the inside, but I found that the beginning and end weren't boxed off so I had a loophole and went around the entire maze.
Alot of people were angry at the code-giver but atleast I got a slice of ORAS from it :b
:link64: please?

Soul.

I want this character. I want that other character. I want this character only to see him/her/it getting Hoo Hah'd

R0Y

Smash Master
I hope Sakurai took my Cory Baxter requests seriously.

It's an institution in Japan. :troll:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just curious, what was the original purpose fo dat Sakurai Nico stream? And why didn't we hear about it before it happened?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Because who cares about everyone who likes them. :/

Seriously, there is nothing bad about them being in the games. Even if there are people who don't like them, there are people who do and would be upset that they weren't back.

Especially when they aren't as bad as people say they are. :/
Opinions. We all have them.
I want them dead, you are free to hand them one of these if you like

I want these guys buried all over Lavender Town.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just curious, what was the original purpose fo dat Sakurai Nico stream? And why didn't we hear about it before it happened?
No idea, but two of the main guests were Kenji Ito (a video game music composer who worked in Brawl and Smash 4) and Tomokazu Sugita (a well-known voice actor in Japan, who voices Chrom and Takamaru in Smash 4).

They did talk about music and sound with Sakurai, I think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom