• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
So, this is what happens when all Triforce pieces are together:

Link Zelda Lana.jpg

For those who can't read:

:4zelda:: Link, I am pregnant with your child
:4link:: !!!!!
Lana: And so I am
:4link:: ...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
As much as I can say yes I agree with you, I also have to say it won't happen anytime soon. Diamond and Pearl sold more than 20 million (second only to the originals), X and Y are close to 20 million, and that's ignoring the millions that the less popular gen 5 still managed. They won't be changing anything with those numbers. There are issues to consider as well, the MMORPG every Pokemon fan dreams of is still light years away, due to several key problems preventing it. What system would it be on? Would it lead to less sales on the handheld games? Who would make it? (Game Freak aren't exactly experienced in making MMOs) would it even be successful enough to merit the HUGE effort + money? Don't bet on gen 7 being anything other than 'more of the same' is my advice.
yeah, now, I don;t think it`s much needed considering of how much improved on gen6, but tbh, I think it just would happen at one point that it would be more appropriate, but now, we might be good for let`s say a gen or 2 depedning on what the new system brings.

Soul.

Let's get this straight now, the only broken pokemon in the series is mega Rayquaza. Smogon was justified in banning him from Ubers.
But on the subject of OU, none of the pokemon that Smogon has banned from OU with the possible exception of Mega Kanga due to Seismic Toss shenangians were truly justified.
Just because something is centralizing does not mean it is too powerful for where it is. People bandwagon to things like that expecting it to get them wins, when on the contrary people haven't explored a lot of pokemon currently relegated to UU or lower to see their actual potential because bandwagoners don't try them and they get no reputation (reminds me of a certain character who exploded in popularity after APEX :4olimar:...) because people think their same cookie-cutter strategies will work in a game like Pokemon. It's a strategy game. Being predictable is pretty much one of the worst things you can do.
The fact that I reached OU top 200 back in XY days on Pokemon Showdown using two teams of Kecleon/Umbreon/Starmie/Aegi/othersIcantremember and my stall team with Blissey/M-Aggron/Aegi/Mandibuzz/Quagsire/Dusclops proves that somewhat.

lol of course.
You tell me Mega Rayquaza is broken when I'm talking about Greninja's ban.
Mega Kangaskhan was banned because of Parental Bond + Power-Up Punch giving it +2 Atk, Fake Out, Sucker Punch and Return. UU Pokémon are not used in OU (with the exception of some) because they're not on par with OU Pokémon.
Showdown's ladder is pretty trash. At least on the lower ladder.

You call this a reboot ? I call this a cheap excuse of making something "new" without risking the anger of Pokemon fans.
When I think of a reboot for Pokemon, I think of something that would totally change the mechanics, the core gameplay. Making the story bigger, more interresting and less linear, changing the gameplay to something new, making the game actually feel alive : just making a new game.

Black and White were just two excuses for the ones who wanted something new. Instead it was the same game with better graphics, new moves and new pokemons. Thanks, it's the same.

Just do something totally new with Pokemon Game Freak !
"I think of something that would totally change the mechanics, the core gameplay. Making the story bigger, more interresting and less linear, changing the gameplay to something new, making the game actually feel alive : just making a new game."
Change the mechanics: They're already doing that.
Bigger story: I don't pay attention to the story but lol okay.
Changing the core gameplay: It wouldn't be Pokémon then.
Changing the gameplay to something new: So Pokkén? It still wouldn't be Pokémon.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
So, this is what happens when all Triforce pieces are together:

View attachment 43900

For those who can't read:

:4zelda:: Link, I am pregnant with your child
:4link:: !!!!!
Lana: And so I am
:4link:: ...
FLOWN THE BUCK OUT, LINKxGANONDORF PEOPLE!!!

"My dad works at Nintendo."
My dad works at Nintendo and he told me he had seen some Smash 4 Wolf gameplay but he had to leave fast because he heard someone coming, repeating 'Please understand' all over again.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
.....why would anyone "leak" something we already know is a thing already? Unless they claim something about his moveset, otherwise its pretty pointless.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
.....why would anyone "leak" something we already know is a thing already? Unless they claim something about his moveset, otherwise its pretty pointless.
Behind this is a more cherished goal that some people are entitled to acheive at all cost and this being.....

....Just making fun of people`s hype

a_mario-.mm107.png

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
"I think of something that would totally change the mechanics, the core gameplay. Making the story bigger, more interresting and less linear, changing the gameplay to something new, making the game actually feel alive : just making a new game."
Change the mechanics: They're already doing that.
Bigger story: I don't pay attention to the story but lol okay.
Changing the core gameplay: It wouldn't be Pokémon then.
Changing the gameplay to something new: So Pokkén? It still wouldn't be Pokémon.
I know they are changing the mechanics, but I want it to be more than just "Oh yeah, we added this but you'll barely see it".

For the story, that's where I think Pokemon needs to evolve. Usually, people don't give a damn about the story, and it's normal because it's always the same : obvious bad guy is going to block your way to become a Pokemon master, save the world, be the champion, blablabla. They need to change that, but by breaking their own rules, not like Black and White who back tracked their story from "Look, the thing you do may be bad, y'know ?" to "Oh hey, we're bad guys anyway, we only have one interresting character in stock.". They need to do a real story that changes from the other games, not the same crap over and over again.

When i'm talking about changing the gameplay, I'm thinking of something other than just upgrading graphics and adding moves that you'll barely see unless you play competitive. It would still be Pokemon, but it would actually be new.

In short, I want to see a new Pokemon game, from start to finish, that wouldn't be a simple "crossover". Changing the gameplay won't make the game not Pokemon, it will make it new. Isn't this easy to understand ?
But since Pokemon fans are so stuck with the old formula of Pokemon, changing it would cause a massive anger towards Game Freak. They would say "It's not Pokemon", like you. Wich is sad because it causes the series to be super repetitive.

Anyway...
tumblr_mtjbbjLlaV1selp5ao7_250.gif

...I'm done talking about Pokemon. I have to correct all the faults of my transcripts.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I caught a Shiny Spinda yesterday....just in case somebody cares about that :troll:

I wanted a Skarmory tho...

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Hey guys, what's up?
I finished a few days a go Akame Ga Kill (now reading the manga, which I heard is way better) and only now I noticed @HunterNinjaReaperPirate 's avatar is Tatsumi.
I'm really unobservant.:substitute:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom