• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Now THIS is a gift for a 3 year old

Giant alligator plush, though it looks kind of funny, LOL

It's also $100 though

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Hey guys, enjoying the new-

*page ten already*

:c

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Ok, What the hell are you talking about? Its obvious you haven't been here for long, because we DID talk to each other. Because you know, its a social thread, ofc we are going to talk to each other >_>
I've been on the boards for six years and the Social thread on and off since its conception. I quit participating this summer because it devolved into a junk share fest. This is a pretty plain issue. I think it's you that hasn't been here for long :p

Maybe we talk at each other?
Ffamran is correct. Psycho is probably the worst offender but at least there is usually a story to go with what he is saying instead of X Internet Comic or a reaction picture.

What are you guys favourite things about you're least favourite smash game, and vice versa?
I ended up like Greninja a lot more than I thought I would, even coming out of his announcement. On the flipside, crouch cancelling is probably one of the most infuriating things that was kept in Project M. Being able to hit someone (instantly) out of a successfully landed, well-spaced attack can really feel like an unfair trade.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I've been on the boards for six years and the Social thread on and off since its conception. I quit participating this summer because it devolved into a junk share fest. This is a pretty plain issue. I think it's you that hasn't been here for long :p

Ffamran is correct. Psycho is probably the worst offender but at least there is usually a story to go with what he is saying instead of X Internet Comic or a reaction picture.

I ended up like Greninja a lot more than I thought I would, even coming out of his announcement. On the flipside, crouch cancelling is probably one of the most infuriating things that was kept in Project M. Being able to hit someone (instantly) out of a successfully landed, well-spaced attack can really feel like an unfair trade.
I'd suggest not paying too much attention to him, if you're not in debate mode. Seriously.
Ayy Lmao
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
On the flipside, crouch cancelling is probably one of the most infuriating things that was kept in Project M. Being able to hit someone (instantly) out of a successfully landed, well-spaced attack can really feel like an unfair trade.
Then you fight half the chars in the roster and realize crouch canceling is suicidal when they're expecting you to.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Welp, Sailor Moon was good this week; I thought it was going to be a cheesy romantic chapter, but the death-fest at the end was great.

D

Deleted member

Unsure. All I know is how to replicate it consistently, and that's by shooting the can only once the instant he kicks it, stopping, then shooting it a lot once it touches the underside of the stage.
Interesting. I'll have to try that out later. Funnily enough, I uploaded a video a bit ago with a similar name to that video. lol

This was a match I had on For Fun earlier last night.

Last edited by a moderator:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well this is nice, now I'm going to have a nagging in the back of my head that I need to write an essay in order to post a simple message in the social thread. I thought it was easy enough to understand the point someone was trying to make with just a few words, or even an image/gif... At least there won't be any more single image "AURA" posts anymore, which was the only instance of anything close to spam, really. I'm really going to miss the cute images and gifs though... Back to R34 then.

Also, there's a Social PM? Why don't I ever get invited to these things?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's between the video description and the comments section, next to Like and Comment. :p
Okay, thanks. I shared to my timeline, with the words: "I'm sharing this for a friend, and for the subject of the video. What is wrong with you, humanity? People should not ever be treated like this in the 21st century."

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Hey everyone ! Looks like this is v4.0 of the Social thread. (:079:)
Anyway, how are you people ?
Me ? Well I've just watch this video :

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We're just trying to reduce the amount of gif and video spam that plagued the last thread.
I sometimes reply with a joke image for fun, but otherwise, I tend to post a video with more words than the video itself. Should I not bother with either of these things anymore?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
We're just trying to reduce the amount of gif and video spam that plagued the last thread.
Guys, gifs and videos are fine.

Just don't make them the ONLY THING in your posts.

As long as they aren't the only thing in your post/spam (like the little gif montage things in the last thread), continue as per usual unless I'm wrong and I look stupid

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I sometimes reply with a joke image for fun, but otherwise, I tend to post a video with more words than the video itself. Should I not bother with either of these things anymore?
Posting a gif or video just for the sake of it is the only thing we want to avoid. I don't see a problem with either.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Sometimes text can kill an image reply's punchline. I mean this isnt really a place for some deep discussion, were just shooting the crap. And if a guy spams and is an inconveniance to the rest, just report him. We managed to handle people like that before.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Sometimes text can kill an image reply's punchline. I mean this isnt really a place for some deep discussion, were just shooting the crap. And if a guy spams and is an inconveniance to the rest, just report him. We managed to handle people like that before.
inb4 everyone gets reported for the cute gif fest in the last social thread

:troll:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Guys, gifs and videos are fine.

Just don't make them the ONLY THING in your posts.

As long as they aren't the only thing in your post/spam (like the little gif montage things in the last thread), continue as per usual unless I'm wrong and I look stupid

You can't stop me posting gifs and videos like an idiot ! *runs away*

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Problem was, everyone spammed quite a bit.

We're not trying to limit communication, but nothing but videos or pics isn't a conversation.

And if the punch line is ruined, well, put text in a spoiler.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

You can't stop me posting gifs and videos like an idiot ! *runs away*
See, I would think something like this is fine, because it's accompanied with text, so it fits the situation. But if it were just the gif, it might be a bit of a problem.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Problem was, everyone spammed quite a bit.

We're not trying to limit communication, but nothing but videos or pics isn't a conversation.

And if the punch line is ruined, well, put text in a spoiler.
Some of us enjoyed the CHAOS, but I can see why this rule was necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom