• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal: We need a wakeup call.

araknophobik

Smash Master
adam is an amazing coach
lets practice once a week after class
mondays sound preferable
i'll make the pizza next time

p.s. they needed your signature to sign out the camera. i just ignored them and took off

Fungus Amongus

Smash Apprentice
is this when like,

say someone dash attacks you
but you rolled right before they got to you

if you try to go grab them you're gonna be too late (they can dash dance away) so just wait and do nothing to see what they do first

i had that same realization like 2 days ago but havent had a chance to test it out yet

of course falco can just laser regardless lol
yeah you have the right idea. but you want to wd or run and stop just outside their effective range and then not do anything, so if they throw out a move or defensive measure expecting you to do something, they just ****ed themselves, and if they wd back or something you're still in position to **** them for it.

Can I use this for my website? This is very useful for players with frustrations and everything else and can also help me as well. I cannot just copy this without permission. This helps so many people. Great job
Yes, just give credit to Adam Madison. Link me to your site please (I just wanna make sure I'm given credit =P).

adam is an amazing coach
lets practice once a week after class
mondays sound preferable
i'll make the pizza next time

p.s. they needed your signature to sign out the camera. i just ignored them and took off
Thank you. Yeah I'm down, but make sure you come later next time, it's harder for someone of Bandit's level to get better without proper 1v1 training too =)

LMAO that's so funny, good ****.

Frames

DI
hay guys im not a socal guy but i like this thread and i think there's a lot of good info so i just wanna say thanks i learned some cool stuff here

Frames

DI
lovageeeeeee i played u it was fun im glad i went to RoM i got so much xp from that and i learned a lot from so many people i always learn when i go oos but that tourney in particular was awesome in that respect one thing i can always recommend if you can go OOS always do it that's why im goin to genesis baby

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
i made a UU team:
Electrode
Kabutops
Clefable
Toxicroak
Roserade
Mesprit
rain dance

feedback?
people getting up in my grill and telling me why i suck?

HugS™

Smash Lord
The respawn invincibility part was legit. I realize I don't capitalize on my own invincibility as much as I should when I respawn.

Great post.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
You know... I wonder if we can get this thread permanently stickied in the Social Room. No need to spam it to keep it alive if it's stickied right?

Kira-

Smash Champion
lol sherigami you dont know yet

i will show you next time we play

both how it is broken and what sheik can do

Lovage

Smash Hero
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4143
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63AE0s76qhU

i've been reading a lot of guilty gear stuff tonight, here's an interesting piece that i thought has a lot to do with smash. basically breaks up the game into 5 basic phases. making contact(approaches and shield pressure), after contact(combo), okizeme(after you knock them down; tech chasing, missed techs etc) defense (dash dancing, shielding, breaking out of shield pressure) and waking up (how to end their combos earlier)

if we directly apply this thinking to smash you could probably add another important phase or two. anyways its a good read

Lovage

Smash Hero
seriously there is wayyyy too much info to digest on dustloop
and then applying it all is gonna take ages

oh well
zappa rap---MAMAMAMAMMMMAMAMAMAMAMMAMAMAMA

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
You can apply many things from different fighting games to Melee. Melee is more similar to other fighters than many seem to believe.

DJMirror

Smash Master
is anyone willing to learn Melty Blood? that game is face pace and stuff but there is alot of info to learn

but i want to play BlazBlue =( see how it's the "new" guilty gear

DJMirror

Smash Master
well that because SJSU cares about their arcades room =/

Evergreen valley college all they care is their mvc2

DeAnza college doesn't have **** in there.

Freaking the Mitsuwa near DeAnza college have a import gaming store where you can buy japanese wii/ps3 and stuff too bad they only resupplies their stuff once every 3 weeks and it's limited too so first come first serve only

BlazBlue I want to learn how to play Ragna and Jin
all i did was watch a few videos and stuff but i need to apply to it.

so rei, want the BlazBlue OST? i can just give it to you next time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y11dSwl7zsg

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
jkun ill teach you melty blood right now

spam
AAAA or 2AAAA

learn a launcher, usually
2B -> 2C -> C

into combo
UP

air combo, usually
A -> B -> C -> jump -> A ->B -> C -> forward C to air grab

thats the whole game
im only mostly kidding

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
I have the ost already lol
i have been watching matches lately
ya im subscribed to him
subscribe to goldenrody, amnv and thanatosdestrudo
i wanna learn noel and jin

lol leon my friend plays MB and makes fun of it also

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
its really different than most things out there, with an emphasis on timing button presses while getting combo'd to reduce damage, and being able to easily regen health

and to most people different means bad

also, its bad

Actress Again might be good, but MBAC is kind of dumb. They really need to tone down A moves. Make them suck, or not be able to cancel into themselves. 4-5 hit confirms are unarguably stupid.

but i like it. the game is basically just fan service imo

DJMirror

Smash Master
hey p when are you getting back your one word account since i want to see you update the thread!

Top Bottom