• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Power Rankings (October 28, 2007)- Will the update ever happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Is everyone really moving onto Brawl? I wanna Melee!
Me too, Melee is way deeper.

So far, Brawl has no...

-combos
-techchasing
-edgeguarding
-wavedashing
-l cancelling
-mindgames
-skill
-attacks
-characters
-mega man
-stages

But i think damage/knockback deterioration and being able to move after an airdodge are good additions. And like how Sonic's recovery works and the gliding and stuff.

But by far the three worst things about this game are:
-Tabuu
-The maze right before Tabuu
-The green spiky things
-The Entire SSE

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Me too, Melee is way deeper.

So far, Brawl has no...

-combos
-techchasing
-edgeguarding
-wavedashing
-l cancelling
-mindgames
-skill
-attacks
-characters
-mega man
-stages

But i think damage/knockback deterioration and being able to move after an airdodge are good additions. And like how Sonic's recovery works and the gliding and stuff.

But by far the three worst things about this game are:
-Tabuu
-The maze right before Tabuu
-The green spiky things
-The Entire SSE
I agree, and people hate me for it, but Im still gonna try and win that $5000 :)
But I liked Tabuu. He was the only boss that seemed final bossy
and thats 4 things....

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Haha of course... well if nobody is gonna play Melee anymore I'll play Brawl. It's still good, but in comparison to Melee it's a bit of a downgrade.

I put 4 things on purpose. I mean, I said Brawl doesn't have characters, so you know I was kidding.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
I remember you saying, "It's still really fun, it's just different."

Mike, MM me in a 26 character battle.

It's like a crew battle, but we both get all 26 characters. $4.83 sound good?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
it's fabian. he doesn't even watch any character but himself when he plays, how is he gonna know who's doing well or not?

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
play brawl for about a week, and then play melee. it will seem like you are playing hyperspeed and your timing will be completely off. it would be cool if i wasnt a tourney player, cause brawl is fun on the surface. but it really seems like there is no depth. mindgames maybe...but thats it. melee is pretty much ideal since it requires both tech and mindgames. i dont wanna say brawl sucks but...its definitely a step back in terms of it being competative.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
i wish norcal people are as enthusiastic about keeping melee alive rather than demand that its dead and say brawl is the only way to go lol SOCAL KNOWS WHATS UP! UCLA VI ftw plzzzzz

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Someone host a Melee tournament.

I'm sick of camper after camper on Brawl.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
If you guys don't like Brawl, I don't understand why you play it. There are tons of games I don't like so I choose to ignore them. It's just a confusing concept to me to play a game I don't like that much.

Brawl is great now since I think Peach will have a better shot at winning tournaments :) I was getting sick of Melee since that's actually the came where everybody camps Peach, namely Foxes and Falcos. Now I don't have to deal with Laser spams and stuff. Pit's arrows are nothing compared to those, so I think I'll have more fun with Brawl during tournament matches since I wont get needle camped, laser spammed, etc. Annoying stuff like that. All my favorite characters who didn't really have a chance in tournaments (Zelda, Ness...well I can just use Lucas instead, Young Link (who is now Toon Link) are beefed up, so I'm extremely happy with Brawl :)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I've played them. I'm just used to dealing with campers because I played a slow character in Melee Plus I can always pick Zelda :)

Maybe I haven't played one who has camped as well as the ones who played you so we'll see.

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
if you don't like brawl then don't play it. I hope people don't think they're gaining anything by complaining about it over and over on the boards. It won't suddenly make the game disappear and make everyone stop playing and people stop hosting tournaments for it. I hate to break it to you.

When Melee came out, a lot of people were disappointed because it was so different from 64 and thought it wasn't going to get anywhere competitively, and look now. But i understand why you're all upset. Because you weren't the ones to invent the moves you now do in Melee and people haven't come up with stuff yet in brawl for you to steal.. i get it.

Brawl is what it is. It can't be compared to melee because it's an entirely different game. And if it was exactly the same as melee it wouldn't sell. If you don't like it there are plenty of other competitive games out there. Learn madden, or Halo or something. They make more money anyway. Or go to school and learn spelling and grammar.

Smash 64 was a great game in it's time and Melee was a great game in it's time. Now it's Brawl's time, whether people want to accept it or not.

And I'm not saying I love or hate the game, I'm just saying this is how it is.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
lol @ it not being able to be compared to melee.

brawl is really bad and simplistic. i think it's funny how the smash community seems to be dying because of brawl. be careful what you wish for...

killer tofu

Smash Lord
It's not that i hate brawl but i would feel stupid driving to a tourney for brawl since i can play on wifi. And i owudn't enter a wifi tourney cuz of the lag. So i'll be taking edreeses' and nezumi's advice and just not play it.

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
Clearly that's what i said... Mike Haze you're a genius. There's really no arguing with your logic.

I didn't realize you were the one who exploited every glitch in Melee...

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
I'm the only one awake so I'm bored so I'm posting this

if you don't like brawl then don't play it. I hope people don't think they're gaining anything by complaining about it over and over on the boards. It won't suddenly make the game disappear and make everyone stop playing and people stop hosting tournaments for it. I hate to break it to you.
That's why I'm holding this Melee tourney:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121129

EVERYONE POST HERE LOL!

When Melee came out, a lot of people were disappointed because it was so different from 64
Not me! =)

But i understand why you're all upset. Because you weren't the ones to invent the moves you now do in Melee and people haven't come up with stuff yet in brawl for you to steal.. i get it.
Uh... no I'm mad because Brawl:Melee::MKDD:MK64 (sorta).

Basically, they took out a lot of stuff and now you have less control over your character. It's like Kirby Air Ride (but not as extreme obviously.. I did a poor job of explaining but you get the idea I'm sure).

Brawl is what it is. It can't be compared to melee because it's an entirely different game.
No it's not... lol. Is Melee an entirely different game than SSB64? They are sequels, they have differences but overall they are very similar compared to other games.

And if it was exactly the same as melee it wouldn't sell. If you don't like it there are plenty of other competitive games out there. Learn madden, or Halo or something. They make more money anyway. Or go to school and learn spelling and grammar.
I can't speak for everyone, but I would've been **** happy with a vs. mode only Melee 2.0.

And I guess since I don't like this game I have two goe lern2spel or something, I can't just play this game for fun, I have to play for money no matter what.

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
I hate to say it but Brawl does feel like a downgrade from Melee... much. Well, it's true that it's a different game and all but still... I was hoping Brawl would be more like a Melee 2.0. Instead it's a much more simpler looking game than Melee. A much, much, much more simpler game than Melee...

Whatever, I'm aware that it's a new game and that it's way too early to judge. I'm gonna wait for about half a year or so and see where it goes. If not much change happens then I'm most likely going to play a different game. According to Glen, the Street Fighter scene is more competitive and mature than the Smash scene so that's where I'll probably change to (I was a street fighter fan before Melee anyway).

Edit: Yeah, I have to agree with Kira with the most part.

Also @ Edrees:
Trying using your Peach against a ROB. The most frustrating match... ever!

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Claire dont talk 2 mikehaze like that

he made rise and shine clearly he is superior 2 us =D

Ill wait for melee 2 come back ^____^ so i can rest people at 14 percent and they can die instead of 80 =( lol

LuCKy

Smash Master
mango she hosted teh chapmen tourneys treat her with the respect she deserves........

sonic *****

toon link/dedede **** harder

im hungry

also...lets play rock band mango lol

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I've played plenty of Robs. I challenge all Robs every in Brawl to match my Peach :) Rob isn't that bad. He gets ***** by Toad.

The lasers aren't a big problem, you just have to float at the exact height level where he can't shoot you from the ground or from a short hop.

Gimpy - Ahhh i hope thats not the case :( LOL

Also Mango! In brawl, if Jiggs misses a rest on peach, she can charge upsmash and kill him at 40% or higher!!!!! :)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Hey guys, everyone should play Kirby Squeak Squad, this game is amazing ^_^

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
Idk, I just have trouble with Blitz's ROB (since that's his new main now).

Apparently, ROB can angle his lasers which is annoying and he can shoot that weird spikey thing which is even more annoying. ROB also has more range than Peach in close range so it's so hard for me to approach/land a hit. ROB's tilts **** Peach hard (at least my Peach). But I never thought about using Toad. I'll keep that in mind. :)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i thought brawl was played by shooting a projectile and running and rolling non-stop, since there are no combos or edge guarding?

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
i thought brawl was played by shooting a projectile and running and rolling non-stop, since there are no combos or edge guarding?
Yup, that's what I do. I spam whatever projectile I have and I keep spamming it until they are literally right on top of me (I don't main anyone at the moment which feels amazing compared to being stuck with Sheik no matter what) and then roll when they get near me and then spam kill moves when they get to a high enough percent.

The trick is to be random. When you play noobs in Melee they do random things that hit you right? You have to play like them to be good at Brawl... except be more patient and camp more and not roll the same way every time after a dash attack.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
It's just not worth it to be aggressive in this game unless you're playing against Snake and you don't have a projectile and snake is the most fun character in this game Gimpy is completely right but i said it first but i forgot which thread so i guess gimpy wins plus he can just delete that post if he finds it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom