• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

socal: most memorable matches/rivalries

araknophobik

Smash Master
I think we should start a thread of some memorable matches. One of the sets i find most memorable was from ucla II of evilnemesis vs danimals inwhich luigi lazer suicided on dreamland lol or when romeo played aesis and that 3rd jungle japes match dayummm

although i wasn't there to witness it, im sure the hirsine vs gabe set was a classic as well

but yeah video's going along with the said match/set would be nice

with that said, here alittle forgotten classic from best of '06
Emerican's clutch win

nublet06

Smash Lord
When Champ killed BoA with an apple on green greens at Champ combo.

Emerican > Mcrusty totally ***** all of these.

ok so maybe my comeback on watty was pretty sick too XD

what about when Hugo 5 stocked teba ahahaha. that was crazy.

Ken vs DSF always had some close matches.

ROFL vs Edrees we played like 20 times in tournament. Jungle Japes Crock kill on last stock in game 3 at a bi weekly. so many stitch faces and misfires.

or at UCLA II the Luigi ditto showdown with me and Ultra. that was pretty sick. even tho i got owned.

too bad i missed my taunt spike on PC Chris from like 1 frame.....or else i would be like. remember that time ROFL taunt spiked PC chris? instead ill just say. does anyone remember going to a smash fest in Palmdale way back in the day at Emerican's house. and i taunt spiked a marth player. what was his name again? oh yeah. EzynJay. honestly how the **** do you taunt spike a marth.

or how about all of those amazing times when manacloud somehow found the courage to take out ken.....and ken just so happened to own the people in losers bracket so mike could get money. oh wait that was gay as **** nevermind.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord

araknophobik

Smash Master
or how about all of those amazing times when manacloud somehow found the courage to take out ken.....and ken just so happened to own the people in losers bracket so mike could get money. oh wait that was gay as **** nevermind.
how can you downplay mana's greatness of beating ken. he's also beaten chu dat inorder to screw dsf out of money at champ combo ;)

araknophobik

Smash Master
althought sean b was the best in AZ
king still ***** him and the only person in AZ to beat king was taj
and we all know why
clearly mewtwo is a stronger pokemon than jigglypuff

araknophobik

Smash Master
naw best team name ever was the one jtb and i used at nexus ;)
i swear nobody will ever be able to top that ****

when you have 90 people in a venue dying of laughter then call me rofl =]

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
The McRusty/Emerican grudge match was the best ever!!

I've had my share of rivalries though: Dark Fire, McRusty Jr., and Neighborhood P. And look where they all are now.

Ken vs DSF is always a SoCal classic rivalry.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
The McRusty/Emerican grudge match was the best ever!!

I've had my share of rivalries though: Dark Fire, McRusty Jr., and Neighborhood P. And look where they all are now.

Ken vs DSF is always a SoCal classic rivalry.
... We have a rivalry? lol @ where they are now. Aren't you in Chino? You can easily come down and money match me to your heart's content because, you know, you're all pro now.

nublet06

Smash Lord
... We have a rivalry? lol @ where they are now. Aren't you in Chino? You can easily come down and money match me to your heart's content because, you know, you're all pro now.
if there is another post between you two and your stupid beef.....i will ask neal to ban you. and he will because he loves me. no but seriously why dont you guys just make out already.

this thread looks like it could be pretty cool and has a lot of promise. socal has oodles of history and im interested in seeing what other people post.

someone else!!! add about your smash history in socal. Melee is coming to an end, tell us your best memories.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
ive decided to add another socal historical smash event.

remember that one time neighborhood P made an *** out of himself in every thread. im gonna miss those days.
pretty sure the post went over your head judging by your response.

oh well.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Here are some of my own personal favorite memories:

October 2003 - tournament at Brandon's house. My first tournament. Tournament had items and I got eliminated on Big Blue.

The 2nd biweekly in 2004 - Taj and Forward came. Ken went all Captain Falcon. This was the first time I've ever seen a waveshine. Taj takes Ken to the final match of the final set, where Ken finally brought out his Marth for the win. Also, Taj took 2nd by eliminating Forward by using Jigglypuff.

Early biweeklies in 2004 - Trevyn fights several friendlies with me and doesn't get a single win. He leaves for AZ and comes back and defeats me with Link. Ever since then, I've never beaten him.

Another biweekly in 2004 - Helen defeats ThomaSexy in Peach dittos. First round went to sudden death. Helen wins. 2nd round Helen gets 2-stocked. 3rd round goes into sudden death again. Helen wins.

MLG 2004 - "Beans and Cornbread" is born and defeats Osama Yo Mama (Max and Arash) for 4th place.

MLG 2004 - My first match with Wolf. We played SEVERAL friendlies and he never got a single win, until I got tired and let him win the last match so I can leave.

Biweekly - Wolf deafeats me, then Nemar Pott, and then Gus all in one bi-weekly. Ever since then, I've never won a set against Wolf.

MLG 2004 - Hugo defeats me in friendlies. Since then, Hugo has won every match against me.

The final biweekly before TG - Hugo changes his name to Hugs.

New Years Eve 2004 - Chu Dat and Mike Monkey meet each other in the finals at Ken's house in a tournament that Ken did not participate in. This was the first time I've seen Chu's ice climbers chain grab and thought that was the craziest thing I've ever seen. Mike Monkey won finals with Dr. Mario.

Biweekly 2005 - I bring my best friend to a biweekly and he took 4th place with Ness and Pikachu. He defeated some big names too.

MLG Vegas 2005 - ThomaSexy and Helen team up and take 5th place, defeating Texas' 2nd best team.

2005 - Ken flies to Japan and takes a tournament by defeating Bomb Soldier while MLG Vegas was going on.

MLG Anaheim 2005 - ThomaSexy and Helen beat Gabe and Wolf in a teams match when they went double Marth on us. One more match would have landed us a trip to New York, but we lost....... one MATCH away!!!!!!

MLG Anaheim 2005 - ThomaSexy and Helen beat Chu Dat and Azen in teams friendlies a couple times.

MLG Anaheim 2005 - Trevyn beats Azen with Marth just by pressing forward on the C-stick.

MLG Anaheim 2005 - Isai beats Ken for first place after KillaOR sumo slammed Ken and injured his wrist.

MLG Anaheim 2005 - Freakin coldest tournament ever!!

San Bernardino tournaments - Too good!!

Champ Combo - ThomaSexy ties with Wolf and Hella in placings. Only Edrees places higer than our Peaches.

2006 - Panda returns and creates the "West Coast Syndicates."

2006 Biweekly - Ken goes around the world with Mr. Game & Watch and never loses...... until he faces ThomaSexy..... then he lost.

2006 Biweekly - Panda goes around the world and never loses..... until he faces ThomaSexy.... then he lost.....twice.

2006 Jenny's Farewell - Panda and Hirshine have grudge match. I think we all know how this ended.

Pandatration 1 - ThomaSexy enters the tournament drunk and still did decent. Too funny!!!

2006 - Was a bad year for me because my girl cheated on me and my car kept breaking down. Then I started sucking at Smash.

MLG Anaheim 2006 - ThomaSexy makes it out of pools and needed just 1 more win to get pro-ranked.... but didn't. Also, girls were selling cell phones there and I approached them and talked with them for hours while everyone else watched and was too scared to approach them.

MLG Anaheim 2006 - Ken inches out a victory over PC Chris in finals on Mute City.

0C 2 - My car broke down when I went to go pick up people from the airport and I missed this tournament.

Nexus 1 - Ken, without playing a single match, gets byes all the way to 3rd place.

Low Tier Tournament - Hosted by me, but had a low turn-out. But it was still Hella fun. Ken takes first with Game & Watch.

Biweekly 2007 - At this point I'm really bad at the game and I decide to quit after Nexus 3.

Devry 2007 - ThomaSexy takes first place. Since then I've had 2 more first place finishes making a total of 4.

Nexus 3 - Supposed to be my final tournament. Very long and frustrating.

S & C 2007- S & C starts doing weekly tournaments, which are right in my neighborhood, so I can safely drive to these. Since then, I've gotten back in the game and decided not to quit since I got good again.

0C 3 - One of the best tournaments ever. Makes me sad to see so many people retire. This tournament might actually make me stray away from Brawl with so many people studying this game (instead of playing it) and studying videos and such.

Super Champ Combo - Hasn't happened yet.

My favorite tournament ever: MLG Vegas 2005.

LuCKy

Smash Master
ooooooooooooooo how about BoA comboas 1 and 2 never seen number 1 where BoA does like 10 f-airs and misses the spike but i seen combo number 2 with 10 f-airs and he gets the spike like against omar best match ever on yoshi's story ending with kick*** boa combo or like when i double shine spiked boa and teba at the same time lol

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
The only match that comes to mind is teams at UCLA II, when Champ shine spiked Edrees on Yoshi Story.

:p

Edit - Wow, Thomas = Cocky?

J.Shadows

Smash Champion
haha hey Lucky what about smash at the noho 2 in our set when i 2 stocked your ic's then almost beat ur fox in the 2nd match then the third i sd like 2 or 3 times :( i cried haha jp but still that sucked
or Nexus 3 when i got 7th in low tier place idk how..and i took ultra out of tournament i still feel like i got lucky...and i almost took rofl out :( almost

petoo0

Smash Ace
I guess I'll have to say Emerican vs McRusty. I wasn't even in So Cal when this was happening and I heard so much about it from so many people.

Most memorable match? Wow so many matches that I have seen since I started playing smash with Palmdale its hard to just boil it down. I'd have to say that BoA vs Champ at Champ Combo was amazing. That apple was tricksies. Wow so many matches...just wow.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
-My first tournament, mana's birthday bi weekly 2005. i lost to omar and this marth player i dont know his name, last time i saw him was at a riverside tournamnet at the mattress store and he used falcon

-getting spiked 3 times by azeem in a bi weekly match

-Champ beating boa on Green greens with that apple

-Trevyn's combo against fox with Link during norcal vs socal crew battle

-everyone taking bets on deepsocal vs palmdale at that one bi weekly

-taj first unveiling mewtwo (at least to socal) at champ combo

-mcrusty vs emerican

-my match on jungle japes vs rofl. i can't complain, picked the stage!

-chut dat unncessarily jumping off the stage to back air doc w/ marth and then just suiciding (at champ combo)

-getting beaten by the wobble before it was called the wobble at norcal tournament

-caotic's farewell bi weekly

-singles starting at 10pm at nexus

-my breakthrough tournament AZone

-ballroom tri weekly where i lost my voice and moved things around on a limp foot

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Oh! Hey Edrees. Taj has been using Mewtwo a long time. He used it in pools at MLG Anaheim 2004. At a biweekly in 2004 he was pulling people through the stage with his forward B move.

Oh. I remember a match where Panda fought Knivez on Jungle Japes and Panda threw a needle at Knivez and forced him into a clap trap which killed him instantly. Then Ken looked to Knivez and said, "You just got Dirty Sanchezed!" ..........by his own crew member.

I was 21 when I first started going to tournaments. I'm almost 26 now.

Charoo

Smash Champion
champ vs boa at champ combo. Boa beat me in winners then i grab an apple and throw it at him in losers

random rivalry vs people

having fun at tournament

15 people poker at ken's house

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
most memorable match...

Nezumi beats DSF (friendly)
2nd Nexus Tournament

^____^

Top Bottom