• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

Kira-

Smash Champion
he just beat macd and lucky pretty convincingly

he beats peach's and foxes

i think that's pretty good for ICs

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
he beat MacD two times today plus he beat Lucky. idk where Fly is gonna move up to but he's definitely gonna move up a lot.

MacD

Banned via Administration
llololololol hugo, i love how i'm the "worst" top 10 in socal (which is still pretty dam good), me being the worst best person is never going to change, i'm the hbox of socal, one day you'll all have to give me my props though!!!!!!!!

also if kira really did quit, then i'm sure johnny could get spot 10

Lovage

Smash Hero
yeah mccain's pretty good

people thought he was gonna hit a giant wall eventually because his strategy is/used to be so dumb, but it's more like he's advanced other parts of his game while he uses DADS as a crutch, so he's continued to get better even tho he had a stupid start

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
yeah mccain's pretty good

people thought he was gonna hit a giant wall eventually because his strategy is/used to be so dumb, but it's more like he's advanced other parts of his game while he uses DADS as a crutch, so he's continued to get better even tho he had a stupid start
He had the best start imaginable. Most players start without really learning the fundamentals and get better as they revert back to the basics, but Mccain did it the other way around (you would figure this shouldn't happen but most people just watch vids and copy these days, so they're not actually good like most of the oldschool players).

Anyways, I always knew Fly had it in him, sometimes I felt like I lost because of the matchup but I think he's convinced me otherwise for a while now.

Good stuff.

Joey you suck.

=(

JK socal just *****.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
He had the best start imaginable. Most players start without really learning the fundamentals and get better as they revert back to the basics, but Mccain did it the other way around (you would figure this shouldn't happen but most people just watch vids and copy these days, so they're not actually good like most of the oldschool players).
Nicely said.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
who has the worst noobs: socal or norcal? i'ma go with norcal, using naota and pokemon master as my proof

Adam M!

Smash Lord
that's prolly proof of socal's noobs being better.

our noobs like jkun and stabbed and gsub get progressively better and less annoying

but noobs like naota, IRL and others still post a lot without improving at all relative to da competition. like i saw irl go 0-2 in pools v everyone but 1 person, where he went 1-2 if i recall correctly. there should be a rule that if you cant get out of pools, you cant post on smashboards -- only PMs.

Lovage

Smash Hero
LOL thats not a bad rule

or better you can only post 5 times a week if you cant make it out of pools

that and unranked people shouldn't commentate (unless a ranked player vouches for u)

i like that rule myself

Kira-

Smash Champion
It is kind of annoying when noobs say things on the mic that aren't true.

I'm all for free commentating but when incorrect information is said it really takes away from the match.

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
but I don't want to mute a video because of bad commentary because then I can't hear the match. It's better to have no commentary than **** commentary

GSUB

Smash Lord
It's all subjective... I know people who HATE Brandon and Phil's commentary.
There is no option for "turn on commentary."
But there IS an option for "mute all."

And people will not feel comfortable or become better at commentating matches without practicing first.

SuperRad

Smash Master
My post was more directed at trying to prevent 'noobs' from posting on here. Yes, there are some bad posters on smashboards. But as a community that can use all the growth it can get, we shouldn't be discouraging people from posting unless they are proven to be bad.

Most people in the community aren't cut out for commentating. Either they don't know what they're talking about or they aren't funny or there is something else 'wrong' with their commentary. Really, the people recording just need to lock down their recording set ups and make sure people that know what they are doing are on the mic if it's more than just commentary for live stream.

DJMirror

Smash Master
i try not to post alot on smashboards and stuff

but now it's like ehhhh whatever

<3 adam

the rules seem kinda messed up but hey i guess

EDIT - So Cal Noobs vs Nor Cal Noobs? crew battle?

Adam M!

Smash Lord
ah yes, the melee community will become an elitist and exclusive group. that's sure to encourage its growth.
we don't need to help the game grow. the game speaks for itself. it's a drug niccuh. we GOT da product; da fiends going nowhere

but setting up an elitist community actually would help a lot. it would mean the only way you're accepted is by shutting up and putting up, and your skill would get respect. not noobs feeling all comfortable and staying in their noob zone forever. competition wise it'd be great.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Stab beat Hyuga in tournament.

isn't that guy ranked?

basically, socal would tap,
NOT norcal,
lol.
it's already been established that norcal, in terms of overall average skill level, is better then socal.

one example doesn't make you're argument true. it just shows that Sheridan got outplayed one set.

Top Bottom