• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

Kira-

Smash Champion
Cause he's usually a noob and says ignorant noob things

Even though I don't actually have anything against him

now that i think about it Stab is the perfect noob. He doesn't have an inflated ego, he asks for advice, he always wants a challenge, and above all, he's been getting steadily better.

I guess Johnny used to be the "perfect" noob except he stopped being a noob too fast.

Ekoli

Smash Journeyman
uh oh it's the good post gestapo. here comes superrad brian to declare what posts are worthy of his divine presence.
oh wow, i just got this after 2 days, i laughed pretty hard tba
*sigh* i guess the world duznt understand good humor anymore :/

SuperRad

Smash Master
uh oh it's the good post gestapo. here comes superrad brian to declare what posts are worthy of his divine presence.
i somehow missed this until now

i'm not saying im so cool that you have to make great amazing grade-a posts everytime.

it's just that you can still annoy people through the internet, and just like real life, being annoying makes (most) people think less of you.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
are you guys gonna update this yet? I'm actually interested to see how things will look.

i.e: how much am I gonna drop, how much Fly/MacD/Lovage are gonna go up, or if this is still going to be 15 people or 10.

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
whats the point in this
i thought we were all gonna go to brawl since mlg picked it up =]

D

Deleted member

power rankings:

1-5 same
6 - oscar
7/8 - fly/connor
9/10- macd/kira
11- s2j
12-15 pnoy and 3 other dudes

its time to make my move

Kira-

Smash Champion
if i lost to macd i would've requested to be taken off the rankings

altho he is pretty legit now, can't deny it anymore

im looking at you kyle frey

HugS™

Smash Lord
I don't think the top four are set in stone. I'm just saying that the results this period call for some actual thought in ranking the top four. Well actually, just 2-4. We all ****ed up and had our good days, no clear 2nd imo

I'd actually prefer to stay out of ranking 2-4

SuperRad

Smash Master
I'm interested to see how the panel decides to rank 2-4. It seems like a case can be made for any permutation of Zhu/Hugs/Lucky in those spots. (Personally, I think Lucky probably deserves to be number 2, but I'm also not fully aware of a lot of the SoCal tournament results).

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
It's true. Any 3S (or any other 2D fighting game) veteran shouldn't have much trouble with execution in SF4. Though execution is only a part of being good (like every other fighting game).

But if you want to challenge yourself with execution, you could try using C.Viper. The most unorthodox character in the game (execution - wise). *shrugs*

Playing SF4 is mad boring now since Super is coming out.

Kira-

Smash Champion
That's great but I never played any traditional fighter competitively.

Plus you can't really teach me tech skill, that's something I have to practice on my own. I don't understand how you approach in this game

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
The same way you approach Melee. Maintain your spacing at all times (footsie), pressure your opponent with proper pisitioning(zoning), find the opening in their offense/defense and win.

D

Deleted member

on 2nd thought i think its almost impossible for me to get into top 10 within 2 ranking periods

Top Bottom