• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

Shroomed

Smash Master
adam, i highly doubt you'd 3 stock eddy mexico

i dont even think it's a guaranteed win if u played him

peach gets ***** by fox, inside and out

joeplicate

Smash Master
Wasn't that over a year ago.. ? I'm pretty sure I ***** you in the Circuit Melee tourney held early this year. And yeah, you were terrible. To think you were actually ranked.

Selective memory ftl :laugh:

Try again Joe.
LOL i forgot about that one

and ****, if i sucked that bad back in November, what must it have taken to lose to me?

i'll let you have the last word after this, cause i know you're really dumb, because that's what kouryuu does

and of course, if you want to take a mm at r3 to settle an old grudge or w/e, i'm happy to oblige

@p: after that it gets 60-40 like i said, lol

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
why don't you think that you are on the cusp of very high level play?

the only problem is consistency. and if you're not confident that you can sustain high level play for four stocks every time you pick up the controller, find a new game

god you and kira's whole posts whenever you guys talk about matchups just makes me facepalm and really worry about socal. the mindset is not wrong, it's just totally irrelevent. everything you said is only relevant if you're bad enough to where it applies, when the whole point is focusing and improving to the point where it doesn't apply. so even if it currently applies, that's because YOU still have a ways to go, NOT that the matchup is not as broken as it is
omg seriously this

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Joe's right. Fox Peach is 60 - 40. get ***** Michael <3
You're not experienced enough with Peach for your opinion to count. Sorry Connor. :(

And seriously, anyone who thinks the match up is 60 - 40, watch Jman.

HugS™

Smash Lord
Mccains right. Tech skill with Peach matters the most against Fox/Falco. And that match up is heavily in Fox's favor.

No johns *****.

And I find Hugo's posts pathetic. I guess losing to everyone in Socal has really shaken up his confidence. I wonder if he'll still accept the MM without the rematch stipulation. Probably not.
LoL how was my post pathetic? Because I don't really feel like making a big deal out of fighting someone in Socal that I generally like?

Bring me ANYONE anywhere outside of Socal for any amount of money, and I'll accept without question. It's not a scared thing, it's an I don't care thing.

I don't care about the money, there's obviously no regional or crew pride involved, and I'm already a big favorite to win.

SO...

There's no money to be won, no loyalties to back up, and no respect to be earned. LOL so then what? I'm supposed to fight under the circumstances demanded of me because P called me out? LOL, P calls every f***er on the planet out. Big deal.

That's the only reason the rematch stipulation is there, because if I lose out of not caring (that'd be the only reason i'd lose, and it's a real possibility that I won't care) then I will certainly care on the rematch at least. Otherwise, if he wants to MM, we do it in a corner, nice and quiet, where I will win me some 20 bucks.

I've been around the block for far too long to get worked up anytime someone comes around and tries to call out my name. Especially when he knows full well he's an underdog. It's not even like I have to beat the sense into him.

If P beat me in tournament, THEN I'd have something to defend, and some respect to gain back.
Obviously, this is not the case.

I'd rather do a big match with MacD than P, really.

That's all there is to it.

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
hugo you lost to macD
everytime i think about it
throwup creeps up my throat
and then i swallow the acid vomit back down
and shiver

Adam M!

Smash Lord
but you're already gonna do it hugo so who cares

plus think about da community

it's bigger than yourself

onski?

Smash Ace
come on. Hugo is a beast. they have to lock him up in a cage on occasion.

maybe P should call out Sethlon again. that was entertaining.

joeplicate

Smash Master
Hey I Heard That This Neighborhoodp Guy Really Isn't That Good Because He Lost To Shroomed And Sethlon In Money Matches

What's The Word

HugS™

Smash Lord
LoL i don't even know where or when we're doing it.

Where is it gonna take place?

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
There's no money to be won, no loyalties to back up, and no respect to be earned. LOL so then what? I'm supposed to fight under the circumstances demanded of me because P called me out? LOL, P calls every f***er on the planet out. Big deal.

That's the only reason the rematch stipulation is there, because if I lose out of not caring (that'd be the only reason i'd lose, and it's a real possibility that I won't care) then I will certainly care on the rematch at least. Otherwise, if he wants to MM, we do it in a corner, nice and quiet, where I will win me some 20 bucks.
Reading this, I'm more than convinced that Hugo himself knows that he isn't as confident/good as he used to be.

Basically, it was a nicely veiled excuse.

HugS™

Smash Lord
Wtf, I accepted quick.

Then it turned to a big deal, so I declined.

Now I accepted again. Wtf do you want from me?

Kouryuu, you'd better put in all kinds of money on P's side of the bet, cuz you're sure to make lots of money if you're believing half of what you're saying.

Lovage

Smash Hero
i think he already is better than he was before , but the rest of the world is wayyyy better than they were in 2006

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Hugo, I just want to see you go into the MM without the rematch stipulation. And don't worry, my money is Adam.

JDM

Smash Champion
My brothers and I rep Triumvir because they have close ties with Caked Out. *Looks at the massive pile of Triumvir stickers*

HugS™

Smash Lord
Alright deal, no rematch stipulation.

My motivation:
Make Kouryuu lose money. Shut everyone up.

HugS™

Smash Lord
Cuz he ain't talking about beating me. And he knows I'm better than he is.

It all comes down to motivation. I'll mm him if he wants though, I'm just not trying to do it on a big *** screen with a crowd on purpose.

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
Cuz he ain't talking about beating me. And he knows I'm better than he is.

It all comes down to motivation. I'll mm him if he wants though, I'm just not trying to do it on a big *** screen with a crowd on purpose.
aaahh yea i feel you

well regardless who it is

u got this =)

Kira-

Smash Champion
Umm about Eddy Mexico.

Firstly I admit I made a mistake, because he had only attended one tournament this period. So I apologize for that. I'm not sure what else to say about this point (or exactly what should be done about it) so I'll move on in hopes that you'll consider the rest of my argument.

Secondly, I defend his position because there is nobody else to take his place. Can you think of anyone else who could rep Socal better than he could? Pit, by comparison, had better results than Eddy did, however we ranked Eddy instead. This is the point of having a panel; we can account for subtleties like bracket seeding and skill that doesn't show directly on paper. I think, if we had to, we could ask a wider range of knowledgable and skillful players in Socal whether Eddy or Pit or some other contender should be ranked, and we would still come to the conclusion that Eddy deserves the spot the most.

I think I had something else to say but I forgot, so my guess is that it wasn't too important. But yeah that was the reasoning. Eddy is definitely very good, he's no fluke or anything and he has definitely done enough to show us that. So he gets the spot.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
i think he already is better than he was before , but the rest of the world is wayyyy better than they were in 2006
that's not what the word better really means. that's like saying the top 20 players in the NBA now are better than legends like jerry west or bob cousy (not that you'll get the reference but w/e)

LoL i don't even know where or when we're doing it.

Where is it gonna take place?
whenever the next tournament we attend together. honestly i don't care if it's a big crowd or in the corner of the room either, $20 is more than enough pressure f or me

i'm doing it more because i am that confident i can beat you, not because i'm just trying to make a big deal out of it

DJMirror

Smash Master
that's not what the word better really means. that's like saying the top 20 players in the NBA now are better than legends like jerry west or bob cousy (not that you'll get the reference but w/e)
p right

that's kinda like Leborn james is better then Larry bird or magic johnson right?

DJMirror

Smash Master
Because it motivates me to do better.
SAME HERE!

I was training my *** off a month before pat house

working in the morning 11am to 2 then work again at 5pm-9pm

go to psychomidget house and play from 10-3am then go home and sleep

sometimes i'll drive to p place and train my *** over there!

sometimes on friday go to jdm house and play some more

fukkkk i want to get motivated to play again but assassin creed 2 right now =)

Top Bottom