• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

One Word Extinguisher

Smash Apprentice
Wow, a post with aboslutely no substance, support, or valuable incite.

Well... what else can you expect from neighborhood P?
It's funny because I was just gonna quote myself:

Refute [Hugo's] logic before repeating what has already been refuted.
But I knew it'd fall on deaf ears.

If you don't want to get flamed and actually want someone to give a **** about what you're saying, respond to the points that have already been made that have already decimated what you are going to say.

JDM

Smash Champion
choknater stop posting, you're not smart enough or knowledgable enough to contribute anything to the discussion.

Sorry.

bbb

Smash Champion
JDM quit being gay, you're not good looking enough or taking it in the butt enough to contribute to the discussion.

Sorry<3

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
ROFL is still rockin it hard with Luigi? I figured he'd stopped playing melee since he's the best brawl player in the universe.

HugS™

Smash Lord
the ranking is not and should not be completely based on the talent of the region, you also have to be a frequent player. Otherwise, purely based on talent, Ken should still be ranked (hes still better than "most" of the PR).

If your not very active you miss out on the rankings.
This isn't ken we are speaking of. I actually did attend a tournament, the biggest one, and I did very well.

And like P said, I have implied that I am attending Genesis and playing on the West Coast team. Therefore, I have implied that I will be active, at least semi active.

If we had an implication he would stay active, yes.

HugS' implication is that he will be attending Genesis.
See

You don't just exclude people from being ranked because you feel they need to keep showing up to events. One event should be enough. If not, state that discrepancy in your mission statement.
if you're going to exclude people for inactivity, you should have some sort of established standard of 'active' instead of figuring it out on the fly
Are we going to keep ignoring this point? Just wondering.

nublet06

Smash Lord
ROFL is still rockin it hard with Luigi? I figured he'd stopped playing melee since he's the best brawl player in the universe.
i suck balls at brawl. pick falco, ddd, metaknight, or snake and i will never win. its too much of a hill to climb especially when its not as fun as melee.

and i also suck at melee. if every person actually went to every tournament (a perfect world) i would be ranked like 20th in socal.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
dont cut urself short, ur a luigi, luigi is a really good character that ppl are usually scared of

(cuz he breaks combos and has weird sliding movement)

in both melee and brawl

nublet06

Smash Lord
dont cut urself short, ur a luigi, luigi is a really good character that ppl are usually scared of

(cuz he breaks combos and has weird sliding movement)

in both melee and brawl
your probly just saying that because you play ice climbers.

but im just not good in clutch situations in my life. if there was a friendlies power rankings i would ****, but i just dont do well in tournaments. who knows tho it could just be everybody sand bagging me in friendlies. i know i sure as hell dont try against gay peopel who play kirby and ****.

i did 200 home work problems on differentiation for my calculus class the other week, only 30 were assigned. i knew all the examples inside and out. but when i took my test i got a D, knowing exactly what i did wrong the moment after i turned it in. i dont shake, i dont get nervous, i dont panick. just for some reason i never perform well in anything that matters.

but i still **** in crew battles lol. maybe because they dont actually mean anything.

Kira-

Smash Champion
i did 200 home work problems on differentiation for my calculus class the other week, only 30 were assigned. i knew all the examples inside and out. but when i took my test i got a D, knowing exactly what i did wrong the moment after i turned it in. i dont shake, i dont get nervous, i dont panick. just for some reason i never perform well in anything that matters.
that is an interesting phenomenon

what could be the cause of that?

nublet06

Smash Lord
i dont know. maybe its because i am completely sober. i should probly just smoke something or take a shot before a test or tournament. it would let my inner Consciousness relax and i could **** people/tests?

but im honestly never nervous or anything so i dont know. maybe im too confident or bored with current challenge because i feel like i have already mastered it at a previous point in my life so it doesnt feel worth the effort in the back of my mind.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Wow! This s#!+ happened to me in an English exam! I finished the exam and remember thinking how bad@$$ I was because I knew all that s#!+ Turns out, I barely passed it! I was like "N!gg@, what the f**k?!"

nublet06

Smash Lord
Wow! This s#!+ happened to me in an English exam! I finished the exam and remember thinking how bad@$$ I was because I knew all that s#!+ Turns out, I barely passed it! I was like "N!gg@, what the f**k?!"
the difference is i could of recited each mistake i made to you 10 minutes after the test. and i would of even taught you how to not make that mistake yourself.

im not sure how many of you this will make sense to. but i had a problem dealing with related rates and i had to find the instantaneous volume of a balloon being blown up.

volume of a sphere is 4/3*pi*r^3

and when i found the derivative of that formula i didnt pull pi out as a constant, i took the derivative of pi as if it was x, making it 1.

i even went over the test to make sure i did things right and didnt notice. but the moment i walked out the door i said "F***" and heard my class laugh. i all of the sudden noticed a hand full of mistakes i made on the test.

i didnt just get my test back and go wtf? i KNEW exactly what i did wrong minus a few human errors.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
aw man, that sucks. it sucks that u couldn't have realized it moments earlier before u put the test down, and been like "oh... oh wait."

u double checked right?

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
**** that was me last quarter on my calc test too
i knew that **** in and out
the person i studied with and my tutor knew also
then i take the final and totally **** up and i know i did and where
so i receive my final grade only barely passing because the final was worth so much

i think my problem was more that i stayed up too late for 2 weeks during finals week and that was my last one so i was probably drained and my mind was tired so i didnt see things as clearly as i should have.

MacD

Banned via Administration
i even went over the test to make sure i did things right and didnt notice. but the moment i walked out the door i said "F***" and heard my class laugh. i all of the sudden noticed a hand full of mistakes i made on the test.
aw man, that sucks. it sucks that u couldn't have realized it moments earlier before u put the test down, and been like "oh... oh wait."

u double checked right?
way to read andre

BlueFoxXT

Smash Journeyman
Here's an idea, if you haven't tried it.

Don't turn in your test when you finish it. Turn it over, and just sit calmly for a while, at least 10 minutes. Recite all the problems in your head, and assume you didn't breeze through it. Then maybe you'll realize your mistakes right before you turn it in, as opposed to right when you leave.

You got this

nublet06

Smash Lord
Here's an idea, if you haven't tried it.

Don't turn in your test when you finish it. Turn it over, and just sit calmly for a while, at least 10 minutes. Recite all the problems in your head, and assume you didn't breeze through it. Then maybe you'll realize your mistakes right before you turn it in, as opposed to right when you leave.

You got this
thats an awesome idea and i hope i have enough time to actually do this. but time is money during tests.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
that doesn't really help (neither does this i suppose)

but rofl u can't DOUBLE CHECK ur smash matches unfortunately

but ur luigi u got this!! (against me, boback, fly, prodigykid, pocky and wobbles, at least)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
it's "IF THE WAY IS HAZY"

come on connor u cant even get ur lazytown right

let alone ur MikeHAZYtown

joeplicate

Smash Master
rofl you're a beast

back when I started playing, I looked up to you because I played luigi
you were my inspiration

real talk

edit: wtf is this random flurry of posts

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
when i first saw the cake video song on youtube, the comment at the very top was "It's a piece of cake to plan a perfect ****"

It was hilarious at the time.
lmao wow too good brian

but isn't ur name rad? why do ppl call u brian

rofl you're a beast

back when I started playing, I looked up to you because I played luigi
you were my inspiration

real talk

edit: wtf is this random flurry of posts
honestly if someone said taht to me i would be touched

MacD

Banned via Administration
when i first started and was like, idk who to main, i like zelda and peach and IC's

found out zelda sucked
liked peach cause she was good
really wanted to play IC's well then anthony was like choknater is really good

so after i played you i was like dang... you IC's are hella good and i wish i could be as good as you...

then i did desynched dash attacks with then and you were like wow... but it was a complete accident because i don't desync them on purpose, lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL OH YEAH! i remember desynched dash attacks! it is a really dumb move but it looks funny

yea good thing u didnt stick with zelda or else u would be bad like gk infinity ;) 8)

good pick tho, u got the DADS down with peach, keep it up and u will be ranked in both socal and norcal

and AZ and WA for that matter

embracethe12

Smash Lord
i just felt a flurry of emotions.
i don't know where
i was just reading all of a sudden
then bam
flurry of emotions.

Top Bottom