• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

TheGoat

Smash Ace
Haha awesome, another Armenian thats into some real melee. That's cool. Too bad hes not in norcal so I could play him...then again 99% of the armenian population lives in glendale.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
im selling some magic cards

ill beat any advertized price or your matress is free (**** ebay)
pm me if you want a list
mostly m10, zenikar block, alara block

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
pokemon gameboy TCG was sooo fun i tried playing it again the other day but my game was just too trashed up. sleepy what's your avatar from? i've seens it

super rad we gotta play again next time im in cali :D

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i think if i get these jobs that are potentially lining up...then yes
if not, i hate jobs for not hiring me

my avatar is from Ghost Trick, a game made by the phoenix wright folks

JDM

Smash Champion
I still don't have a team or how i'm gonna play this game. (Either be campy as **** or rushing people down or a mix)

Lovage

Smash Hero
picked it up today i'm having fun in training mode

XBL sucks fat ****? i connect to people like 1 in 10 tries

JDM you know where i can get a 360 SE for cheap? madcatz store is 80 bucks <.<

embracethe12

Smash Lord
I'm looking at having a mix breed of campy and close range.

must have chris redfield, that guy is ****ing all around sick. wish he was slight bit faster.

First impressions of the game

i haven't played much to get even remotely a good grasp on what characters i'm going to keep or gameplay but...

positives

1 sick new cast. most ******s (imo) were taken out and my beginning misconceptions of how "the ****ing colors will drive me insane to even enjoy the game" were completely thrown out the window because i actually don't even notice it when i'm playing.

2 having a fighting chance even with no bar. the new "hyper red glow thing" mode is a really cool function, basically serves as a rage meter allowing hella comeback opportunities. also the huge damage dealer of assist aerial combos is turned into a guessing game, which allows for pretty relentless mixups. I dont' particularly like this, because guess wrong and it's a free meter or more damage, but once i get good enough to read people, it's gunna be pretty sick.

there are definetely more positives i can think of, but these 2 stick out more amongst the rest

negatives

1 Simplicity 3 attack buttons? seriously? not even differentiating between punches and kicks anymore, just 3 ****in attacks that's all you get. I understood how marvel vs capcom, as it went on as a continued series, became less of a standard footsie 2d fighter into a fast paced reaction dependent assist masher. Marvel vs capcom 1 featured the standard 6 attack buttons light/med/heavy punches and kicks and did not allow excessive assist usage. Marvel 2 changed those 6 attacks to 4 light/heavy punches and kicks and added a 3rd character allowing extended use of assists and a variety of team combinations and special assist techniques (variety, projectile, anti-air, etc...) Now we have 3 basic attacks and a "launch" move that allows for aerial combat. i was going to complain about holding assist to change characters, but now that i think about it, you don't ****in change characters that way, this is mahvel bayby

2 Dante what's this dudes problem. Why wouldn't every team have this guys bomb *** close combat range, far range moves, quick playstyle, and sick *** guitar lightning wall assist. everyone might as well be on the floor suckin this guys **** cause hes really too damn good. yeah, it's the first night i've had it, but 8 straight matches on ranked with dante in every team ( he's also in mine lol) it's probably just me, but i wanna know if anyone else feels the same way about this.

also more negatives to list, but i really should be studying brb

Lovage

Smash Hero
combos are definitely reaaaaally easy to do and do a **** load of damage
yipes was saying the game might be better on low damage setting, but who knows lol

pretty sure my team is magneto/ironman/???

i was looking forward to using sentinal but he seems soooooo ****in amazing and i hate using super easy cheap characters, plus hes kinda huge

i gotta use fast characters and i love airdashes so i wanna find a tight 3rd character that plays like magneto lol

Lovage

Smash Hero
oh btw

#1 biggest all time negative

no more mashable hypers
that seriously takes away like so much energy and hype out of playing the game omg im so tight

i will probably still mash my hypers

Atlus8

Smash Master
1 sick new cast. most ******s (imo) were taken out and my beginning misconceptions of how "the ****ing colors will drive me insane to even enjoy the game" were completely thrown out the window because i actually don't even notice it when i'm playing.

1 Simplicity 3 attack buttons? seriously? not even differentiating between punches and kicks anymore, just 3 ****in attacks that's all you get. I understood how marvel vs capcom, as it went on as a continued series, became less of a standard footsie 2d fighter into a fast paced reaction dependent assist masher. Marvel vs capcom 1 featured the standard 6 attack buttons light/med/heavy punches and kicks and did not allow excessive assist usage. Marvel 2 changed those 6 attacks to 4 light/heavy punches and kicks and added a 3rd character allowing extended use of assists and a variety of team combinations and special assist techniques (variety, projectile, anti-air, etc...) Now we have 3 basic attacks and a "launch" move that allows for aerial combat. i was going to complain about holding assist to change characters, but now that i think about it, you don't ****in change characters that way, this is mahvel bayby

2 Dante what's this dudes problem. Why wouldn't every team have this guys bomb *** close combat range, far range moves, quick playstyle, and sick *** guitar lightning wall assist. everyone might as well be on the floor suckin this guys **** cause hes really too damn good. yeah, it's the first night i've had it, but 8 straight matches on ranked with dante in every team ( he's also in mine lol) it's probably just me, but i wanna know if anyone else feels the same way about this.

also more negatives to list, but i really should be studying brb
LOL! I remember you telling me how f***en annoying it was to see so much particles effects!

I agree with the buttons though! Wish we could have had a normal fourth attack button, but we're gonna have to work with what we got!

I gave Joey such a s#!+ talk when he was picking up Dante! F**k all Dante users!

i will probably still mash my hypers
Careful not to activate your X-Factor!

Edit - My arm is starting to get a little f***en tired! Luv this game!

Jun.

Smash Lord
feels like zoning/camping is gonna be sick in this game

Arthur/Sentinel/Magneto

oh and Dante

Marth with a gun. Everyone's worst nightmare.

Top Bottom