• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

Lovage

Smash Hero
ya'll are probably right

i didn't see much besides ssf4 top 8 and a little bit of the bracket yesterday
daigo thrashing ricky + stream going down = bad impression in my mind

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I hate seeing Daigo win Evo.

Outside Justin, Gamerbee and Tokido were the only ones capable of beating Daigo. But Tokido ends up losing to J.R and Floe (I still can't believe how that happened) and even worse, Gamerbee ends up losing to Mike Ross.

Evo finals sucked this year.

mio

Smash Ace
AFAIK Justin still isn't capable of beating Daigo... really no American player is, Daigo's one of the best if not the best in Japan (and therefore the world). Arturo Sanchez got a legit win against him but that was a money match, Daigo has never fallen to a non-Japanese player in an sf4 tournament.

Good **** to my boy JR for beating Tokido, and Mike Ross for beating Gamerbee!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
jd m

how do i unluck moo for you?
Beat all of story mode. Or if JDM's really lazy, he can spend money on PSN to unlock her that way.
He'd need a Japanese Prepaid PSN card if he'd want to unlock it on the Japanese version that way though.

As for SSFIV, I better not see more Adon's on SSFIV online (not like I play the game much anymore)

Adam M!

Smash Lord
anyone know anything random about falco? like for example kris (toph) told me on dk64 that falco can jump and hold back and always land on the top platform. so like maybe u know the exact percentage falco's dair starts knocking characters over (or a link!), or a random obscure combo that works cuz it's obscure, or some semi-useful tech skill thing.

falco's the fukken **** and i want more stuff to practice

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
AFAIK Justin still isn't capable of beating Daigo... really no American player is, Daigo's one of the best if not the best in Japan (and therefore the world). Arturo Sanchez got a legit win against him but that was a money match, Daigo has never fallen to a non-Japanese player in an sf4 tournament.

Good **** to my boy JR for beating Tokido, and Mike Ross for beating Gamerbee!
LOL at Daigo being the best in Japan. No doubt he's one of the best but definitely not THE best. All of the contenders in the recent Gods Garden Invitational are easily on Daigo's level, no question (though I personally think Makoto and Sakonoko are better, but that's just me).

Justin comes the closest to beating Daigo than any player here in the US. Be it last years Evo or Seasons Beating, Justin time and time shows that he's the only one who can consistently compete with Daigo. Arturo is definitely a beast, though I don't know if he's ever played Daigo in tournament. Eh... who knows.

The moment Tokido and Justin got eliminated, Daigo more or less had won the tournament. Gamerbee at one point went even with Daigo when they played numerous casuals online (and according to Daigo, he plays no differently online than he does offline), so he was probably the only one of the top 8 who could have competed against him. Gamerbee ****ed up way too much in his last match against Ross.

It sucks.

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
anyone know anything random about falco? like for example kris (toph) told me on dk64 that falco can jump and hold back and always land on the top platform. so like maybe u know the exact percentage falco's dair starts knocking characters over (or a link!), or a random obscure combo that works cuz it's obscure, or some semi-useful tech skill thing.

falco's the fukken **** and i want more stuff to practice
can you do that thing on yoshi's story where you jump from one of the side platforms to the top platform, but laser(I think it's laser) before you land so then you actually land on the platform?

Lovage

Smash Hero
can you do that thing on yoshi's story where you jump from one of the side platforms to the top platform, but laser(I think it's laser) before you land so then you actually land on the platform?
it's dair, which makes you teleport on top of the platform with no lag

as seen in revolution

also, his back shorthop (and fullhop) go slightly higher than his forward shorthop. this height difference is the only way you can do shorthop shineland with falco (also seen in revolution on that yoshi's clip)

embracethe12

Smash Lord
something cool about falco is that if you angle an upb at the stage at the angle between -45 and 0 degrees
falco ends up on the stage without bouncing and has no lag at the end of it.

a rare practical use for this would be if someone were shielding and you upb at them at that angle
then you immediately start shine->pillaring their shield. i found it a long time ago and i'm sure someone else has too, but yeah it's just not practical. but it IS a random anything

Atlus8

Smash Master
I think Daigo is definitely #1 now since SSFIV nerfed the only characters that stood a chance against Daigo's Ryu! Mago no longer has Sagat's r@pe damage! Tokido doesn't have Akuma's loop either! The only character I can picture him losing to is a Rufus! I only wish that Justin Wong made it to finals, but sux he lost to Vangief and Gamerbee!

Edit - F***en stup!d how the stream went out during Grand Finals! Worst stream ever!

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I think Daigo is definitely #1 now since SSFIV nerfed the only characters that stood a chance against Daigo's Ryu! Mago no longer has Sagat's r@pe damage! Tokido doesn't have Akuma's loop either! The only character I can picture him losing to is a Rufus! I only wish that Justin Wong made it to finals, but sux he lost to Vangief and Gamerbee!

Edit - F***en stup!d how the stream went out during Grand Finals! Worst stream ever!
Nah, dude. Ryu is much more manageable now (and has been nerfed as well). And Daigo had more competition than just Mago or Tokido (Akuma doesn't really need the loop to be a strong character, even though it was pretty ****ing gay).

Adam M!

Smash Lord
On the top platform of Yoshi's Island, roll to either side. From here, drop through the platform and forwardB to the opposite side of the stage. You'll edge cancel from the end of the side platform.
**** thats actually hella useful

then fall off and do lasers zomg

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
Beat all of story mode. Or if JDM's really lazy, he can spend money on PSN to unlock her that way.
He'd need a Japanese Prepaid PSN card if he'd want to unlock it on the Japanese version that way though.

As for SSFIV, I better not see more Adon's on SSFIV online (not like I play the game much anymore)
ill beat story modo twice

Kira-

Smash Champion
I thought the stream quality was fantastic. The fact that it died during Grand Finals was pretty horrible though, impossible to argue that.

JDM

Smash Champion
My dad told me to think of a good game proposal on the 3DS.

What do you guys think would be a cool game for it?

DJMirror

Smash Master
hmm racing game with some rpg elements? not just parts but like driver's skills but I don't know how that's going to work.

Blazblue or guilty gear with a legit rpg system and storyline (the gg storylines were bleh) like Final Fantasy IV

I'm in a rpg mood recently

Kira-

Smash Champion
make an rpg where common things are the npcs and stuff

and like a starfish fights the way it does in real life and it baits enemies with its regenerating stomach then tears apart its defenses

and like the knife and fork do combos together

and you travel throughout decrepit hobo boxes to extravagant bourgoisie homes, fighting the electric spinning egg beater boss with 3 whisks inside of the oven

you level up by collecting stickers

and combine paper clips and super glue to upgrade your weapons, and toilet paper to napkins to paper mache to cardboard to upgrade your armor

the story must be legit like toy story 3 lol, quite heartfelt at the end

the toothbrush is your loyal friend

anything could be good if you make it clever and innovative enough. clever as in clever gameplay and dialogue (i like paper mario), and not innovative so that you create your own genre, but that you do the basic things in very different ways. I was always big on innovation, new stuff > 25th zelda game no matter how good zelda is

embracethe12

Smash Lord
make an rpg where common things are the npcs and stuff

and like a starfish fights the way it does in real life and it baits enemies with its regenerating stomach then tears apart its defenses

and like the knife and fork do combos together

and you travel throughout decrepit hobo boxes to extravagant bourgoisie homes, fighting the electric spinning egg beater boss with 3 whisks inside of the oven

you level up by collecting stickers

and combine paper clips and super glue to upgrade your weapons, and toilet paper to napkins to paper mache to cardboard to upgrade your armor

the story must be legit like toy story 3 lol, quite heartfelt at the end

the toothbrush is your loyal friend

anything could be good if you make it clever and innovative enough. clever as in clever gameplay and dialogue (i like paper mario), and not innovative so that you create your own genre, but that you do the basic things in very different ways. I was always big on innovation, new stuff > 25th zelda game no matter how good zelda is
lol this felt like a cameron post

Jun.

Smash Lord
Lol I thought he was already talking about college.

Yeah turnitin.com will cut off your **** not to mention papers written in college are specific to the point where they shouldn't really be reusable. There aren't any janky prompts like "should pineapples belong on pizza" ;)

Adam M!

Smash Lord
you could (and should) easily reuse papers for college that u did in HS... or even for other classes as long as u re-write them and improve them and w/e.

college is a joke, don't worry about it. get a 3.0, do one extracurricular, volunteer, actually participate in classes u enjoy (so u make friends wit da professor for recommendations), write da *** out of your entry essay and you'll get into grad school

mio

Smash Ace
I agree with all that about college except the reusing old essays part. Depending on your campus/major, you can't really reuse essays in college because the prompts are way too specific to the topics you've been learning about (ex. Describe Renee Descartes' view on substance, then examine its strengths and weaknesses. Has any other Philosopher improved upon his view? Explain). You'd have to change your HS essay so much that it would be the same as writing your own original words in the first place.

Jun.

Smash Lord
In my experience it's already hard enough to get an A on a paper in college even if you write a whole new essay following the prompt closely. No way ANY closely reused paper will get you a good grade. I consider myself a decent write too

Adam M!

Smash Lord
you guys might be thinking about your super specific philosophy class but intro english is intro english... im sure there will be at least one opportunity to reuse some HS ish, if only the general idea

more to thep oint he was talking about the moral implications (or so i inferred). and lol @ giving a **** about that

Top Bottom