• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
Of cooooooooourse I have.
I mean cuz I'm not sure how much lag there is when you play Melee online but I was just wondering if it'd make a difference.
I guess I was just making Melee sound like Jesus.
Mah bad.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
EDIT: can't you get tournament level experience for SF by playing online??
No.

Online play isn't going to help you learn to play under pressure or make clutch decisions when they matter. And there is always going to be lag (regardless of how small it is). With a game where one frame links are crucial, online play just isn't going to cut it.

Kira-

Smash Champion
ay also

if anyone wants to do that 26 character crew battle against me lets do it

it's a crew battle but you use all 26 of your characters

one random reset for each match (6 neutrals only), 3 stocks per character

I'm 3-1 so far, it's so fun
(Beat connor/cam like a long time ago, tofu even further back then that, lost to mcrustyjr years back)

and i'm definitely taking rematches ;)

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
That 26 character battle sounds ****ing epic.
Does it go start with Dr. Mario and on or is it you use any character and normally save your best for last and what-not?

Adam M!

Smash Lord
/facepalm

i gotta move to new york *** man

kouryuu you are a genius, why didn't i see this earlier

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
is there anyone driving to R3 that has two open spots in their car?

me and Axe want to go, but we need to know by the end of this week so we can make arrangements regarding school and stuff

AXE 09

Smash Master
hi everyone =)

me and Tai (excuse my improper grammar lol) need a ride to R3.... will anyone be willing to take us please?

D

Deleted member

I predict 3 cars including 805

but I don't want to assume that there is space present in the cars, up to the drivers and their priorities

Adam M!

Smash Lord
lol fly has a cell now? wow

do you even get text too?

i know this sounds sarcastic but it's not

Adam M!

Smash Lord
is there anyone driving to R3 that has two open spots in their car?

me and Axe want to go, but we need to know by the end of this week so we can make arrangements regarding school and stuff
*** that, if you have space lemme go

Adam M!

Smash Lord
mango is definitely humble

a certain amount of cockiness comes with the territory... but mango doesn't exceed that. if anything it's confidence in something he's proved, not any excess arrogance

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman
I think the "She warned" is the crux of that part of the article
"Despite his success, Marquez stays humble. At Carlyle, before realizing who he was, another participant in the Super Smash Bros. tournament sat down to play doubles with him. She warned Marquez that she'd never played before, to which he replied, 'I'm not that good either.'"

so that's what romeo has been teaching him! ****! "im not that good either" lol

he's pretty humble from what I know

I remember the first few times i went to a tournament and hardly knew who mango was, he was really nice to me. It was a brawl tournament (mango was trying to pick up brawl) and i brought a copy of melee. Mango wanted to play melee on this tv but people were playing brawl friendlies. I said "just go tell them you're mango." He then waveshined kouryuu for a whole match!! ****! :laugh:

Top Bottom