• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

Atlus8

Smash Master
Also,This is entirely off topic but this is directed towards all you guys who love GG (Atlus, Lovage, etc.).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpanuPKSV7Y

It's made from the same creators of GG (similar mechanics) and looks really good. Don't know if you guys have seen it.
Who hasn't heard of BlazBlue?! Actually, I finally played it for the first time this past Sunday! I like it! The game isn't as fast as Guilty Gear, but Plan 9 told me that a legit GG player said that it gets really deep at a competitive level!

I <3 Litchi! Back off b!tches!

DJMirror

Smash Master
Noel is hard for me to play she fast and all but she doesn't do that much damage =/ and it's hard for her to get into her zone ( i gueSS but i'll work on it later)

Ragna is pretty fun cuz he can combo easy imo

Jin cuz i can just poke all day

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I always noticed it at the arcades but didn't bother playing it. I was too into TvC and SF4 (which got REAL boring btw). Today I gave it a try and loved it. If GG is anything like that (which is obviously is) then, **** I've been missing out...

I got ***** by my friends Litchi lol. I was mainly playing Jin the whole day. Can't wait for the console release. I also want to try out V-13.

embracethe12

Smash Lord
LOL hell yeah
i'd get ****ed up cause i'm not good at that **** at all anyways

i was trying to say i thought it'd be funny to have like a rule set for this cause it'd
be interesting as **** if there were like boundries and ****.

wow p pretty **** harsh on embracethe12 but i gueSS i can kinda see that coming from him
I can't image steven going up to a girl and talking her
usually i just ignore these cause sometimes people get to know my name
because they heard it from someone else or something but this guy is nuts lmao

Jkun
i don't know you
i doubt i've ever seen you, and if i have i didn't know it was you and probably didn't approach you wanting to know who you were anyways.
The most i know of you is that your name is jason
and every description i've ever heard of you is either of you making an idiotic comment about something you know nothing about
or being the butt of a joke you try to laugh off cause you don't fully understand it yourself

but i gueSS you must just like posting

Atlus8

Smash Master
I always noticed it at the arcades but didn't bother playing it. I was too into TvC and SF4 (which got REAL boring btw). Today I gave it a try and loved it. If GG is anything like that (which is obviously is) then, **** I've been missing out...

I got ***** by my friends Litchi lol. I was mainly playing Jin the whole day. Can't wait for the console release. I also want to try out V-13.
I knew SFIV wasn't gonna be all that great when I first played it . . . oh wellz. Kouryuu, subscribe to this guy ASAP! He uploads s#!+ loads of GG and BlazBlue!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Emillll

DJMirror

Smash Master
@ kouryuu

if you get BlazBlue then by god every tournament i run into you, I'll play with you all day and try my best to be good in that game or if you wanted to pick GG then it's fun as well

SF4...I thought it was boring at first now i want to get good at it because someone got me into playing it plus i need to rebuild my 2d fighting game basic cuz i'm sucking *** real bad

@ Embracethe12

we met at SCSA 3 but yeah you are right at everything you just made about me

but really? it's just the internet, im sure ya pretty cool guy in person

if it was harsh about what i said then i'll gladly say i'm sorry
but yeah i like posting alot ya know?

Kira-

Smash Champion
kira....rewarding in a way that you have no idea Lol but the only setback is that youre single
..I think you typed something wrong. And of course being funny ***** -_-

I want to see Adam pull *****es LOL. Pat I'll buy popcorn if you get drinks and we're getting front row tickets no matter what.

I love how everyone completely ignored kaostar LOL. I know this kind of ruins it but it was too funny for me not to point out

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I knew SFIV wasn't gonna be all that great when I first played it . . . oh wellz. Kouryuu, subscribe to this guy ASAP! He uploads s#!+ loads of GG and BlazBlue!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Emillll
I will! Thanks so much dude!

As for SF4... I realized how boring SF4 is after playing BlazeBlue for like an hour. Speed was never a problem for me but ****, SF4 is SLOW. It's Brawl all over again, I swear (just not as bad.)

I'm glad I was introduced to BlazeBlue! Finally, something else that is genuinely fun I can play next to Melee (maybe take it competitively as well, who knows).

araknophobik

Smash Master
kira i'll take that bet
but **** numbers
we both approach the same girl
best 2 out of 3
whoever first to make out with her by the end of the night wins
(assuming the person she obv isn't interested in backs off to not **** block, i wont hate if you snatch 1 of the breezies)

DJMirror

Smash Master
Just to let you know SF4 is the best any basic tactic in 2d

play GGXXAC (guilty Gear XX accent core)

play SF3 more fun then SF4 imo

anyone got Melty blood? My pc died and i can't play it =/

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
..I think you typed something wrong. And of course being funny ***** -_-

I want to see Adam pull *****es LOL. Pat I'll buy popcorn if you get drinks and we're getting front row tickets no matter what.

I love how everyone completely ignored kaostar LOL. I know this kind of ruins it but it was too funny for me not to point out
Hahahah my bad i ment to write that the only set back is that you're NOT single Lol we should chill sometime kira i think that would be pretty sick

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
SF3 was much more fun than 4 (at least for me).

As for GGXXAC, I'm a complete noob and have very little knowledge of the game. I'll try to get a copy though.

DJMirror

Smash Master
**** I WANT TO PLAY MELTY BLOOD ACTRESS AGAIN

there is like what? 21 characters but 3 style

example-

Shiki - Normal Shiki

EX SHIKI - anti shiki

EX SHIKI 2 - Defensive Shiki

there was Full Moon Style, Crestial Moon Style, and Half Moon Style for all the characters

and they added Shiki (girl) from Sinners of the Gardens WOOT

MacD

Banned via Administration
MacD: "Well I almost had a girlfriend once but I didn't like her that way, we just went to prom together."
how the hell did you remember that like exactly as i said it... sad thing is i remember saying, just not why

man, that takes me back to the days of high school, college is soooo better, especially if you don't live at home

either way, things change kira, i'm still down to go see how many numbers i can get

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
just join dustloop for data and matchups
GGXXAC+ is out if you wanna get that
there is no difference in balancement
they just added justice and kliff who are banned anyways

edit: @jason didn't AI get it or are getting it soon? i know somewhere in socal has it already

DJMirror

Smash Master
I forgot her name =(

and can i get a copy of MB too please

Which ver is it? is it the one that you can tag team?

Kira-

Smash Champion
I don't see how that MM would work, there's just going to be incessant **** blocking everywhere. (btw i have 40 posts per page)

HAHahah it's true but i try not to play multiple girls at once, i got morals believe it or not
but there isn't a single ex or ex-booty call that doesn't hate me now =( lol

araknophobik

Smash Master
i have morals
and a conscience
i don't enjoy what i do
but the way i see it (or rather what i tell them)
is that i want to find that special girl, my queen, my goddess, the woman that will make me change my ways
as soon as possible
so instead of wasting time going 1 by 1
i try to knock it 2-3 at a time to try to find that special one quicker
but i think you might be the one

this works alot longer then it should

-Patr1ot-

Smash Rookie
hooooly **** fabian your post made me actually lol. good ****

god i want to be there to witness this contest but i know i'm going to be working or just unable to for somereason. plus 805's all far away from everyone. DEREK DRIVE ME EVERYWHERE GOGO.

Also Blazblue is ok : /

nicaboy

Smash Champion
MacD: "Well I almost had a girlfriend once but I didn't like her that way, we just went to prom together."

Gishnak you're on! haha

Nicaboy what kind of rule is that lol, if asians are banned then blacks are banned

but there are wayy more asians in socal than black people, that's still trying to put things in your favor lol

i can see embrace being awkward and not knowing what to say, especially since he already thinks it's impossible to start conversations

lol alex that sucks man living with a needy gf (but its probably cool in other ways)
lol ya that was a stupid rule but dog im so serious about this. maybe we should do this at ucla instead?:laugh: how about we go to the same amount of girls of the same race ex 5 blacks 5 asains 5 whites 5 spanish?

im too good picking up chicks you guys just dont know just ask everyones mom Hahahaha
dude :confused: and ya im sure your good at getting females its not really that hard. talking to them does wonder its keeping them as your one and only girl thats the hard part. not for me though:laugh:

@cornbeef i play meltyblood if you were at ucla i wish you told me. im so close to that school.
which reminds me plan 9 lets play again and 3rd strike too?

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
As for SF4... I realized how boring SF4 is after playing BlazeBlue for like an hour. Speed was never a problem for me but ****, SF4 is SLOW. It's Brawl all over again, I swear (just not as bad.)
NO!!!
SF4 is like brawl in some aspects (its a much slower game, and tech skill compared to SF3 is wayyyy easier) but it rewards good gameplay faaaaaaaaaaaaaarr more than brawl does.

But yeah, SF4 has some areas it could use improvements. I cant wait until the rebooted version comes out. MAKE PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT ****EN ULTRAS AND SUPERS!!!!

but really? it's just the internet, im sure ya pretty cool guy in person
Jason Im gonna let this one slide, but dont be jockin my **** homie

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
"it's just the internet" is in the group of "for all intensive purposes" and "i could care less" of phrases that indicate someone who can't carry an intellectual conversation

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
"it's just the internet" is in the group of "for all intensive purposes" and "i could care less" of phrases that indicate someone who can't carry an intellectual conversation
I told Jason "Its just the internet" when I met him and he apologized for a post he made like 2 months ago that I flamed. I think my usage is justified

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
lol a friend of mine says this a lot and it annoys me. Isn't it supposed to be "for all intents and purposes"? If so, why the **** do people keep saying intensive? It makes no sense at all.
its also supposed to be "couldn't care less"

btw why is mango banned?

Top Bottom