• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So...

AAP

Smash Journeyman
its cause MKwii isn't trying to display the exact same image on each screen at 60 frames per second. MKwii has lag its just not as noticeable due to the nature of the game, it can have the track scroll along smoothly and you can race accordingly. But i've had it happen to me many a times that i'd line someone up for a shell only to have them disappear when i shoot it.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Because data from MKW is sent by packages. That's why people can seem to teleport in races and stuff. Brawl is a fighting game, so there is a lot more processing to do (aka lag).

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
Brawl is way more technical. A result from a shell in Mario Kart Wii is always the same. All 300+ moves in Brawl have varying properties.

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
Because Sakurai wanted to 'casualise' Smash and casual players don't play online, therefor he butchered the online mode altogether (lag, lack of options on 'with anyone', poor match-making system, lack of co-op SSE online, etc)

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
If a player in MKwii has lag you experiance it by not seeing them in the right spot where they are actually at. Meaning they will be dissapearing alot and re-appearing causing a semi-desync where the games says your that in the place your in (1st, 2nd, 3rd, ect) but your actually not.

If a player in Brawl has lag, everybody has lag. Brawl can't afford to have semi-deysncs or else the game would just be unplayable.

Xorn

Smash Rookie
It has to do with the way the Fighting engine works
it deals with more technical outcomes than that of Mario Kart does

Top Bottom