• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So who could be everyone's final boss in Classic Mode?

ProudNintendofan

Smash Apprentice
I've had a few thoughts and it would be cool if this happened, but I'm being realistic.

Mario: Bowser-Giga Bowser (confirmed)
Link: Ganondorf-Beast Ganon
Luigi: Mario
Mega Man: Yellow Devil with Wily Capsule assisting.
Ryu/Ken: M. Bison or Sagat
Cloud: Sephiroth (this would be amazing but considering how it looks like Cloud is the only FF thing we're getting, I'm not holding my breath)
Simon/Richter: Dracula
Snake: Metal Gear Rex
Sonic: Dr. Eggman
Bowser: Mario
Ganondorf: Link and Zelda
Fox: Andross (64)
Donkey Kong: King K. Rool

Who else is confirmed?

Arthur97

Smash Master
Given the name of Mega Man's, it may be Yellow Devil followed by Doctor Mario.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Given the name of Mega Man's, it may be Yellow Devil followed by Doctor Mario.
Or even better, it could be Dr. Wily's assist trophy form with Yellow Devil. (Unless it HAS to be a playable character AI opponent, but assist trophies have already been described as characters you could fight.)

Arthur97

Smash Master
Or even better, it could be Dr. Wily's assist trophy form with Yellow Devil. (Unless it HAS to be a playable character AI opponent, but assist trophies have already been described as characters you could fight.)
But the title literally names Dr. Mario.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Ryu/Ken may get Ganondorf as their final boss, since he and M. Bison both have grape juice powers.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
One could assume that all the NES classic fighters could end up facing Rathalos as their final boss. Simon and Richter get Dracula. And any character who's affiliated with the Super Mario mainstream series (excluding Bowser and Bowser Jr.) would likely be fair game to face Bowser, followed by Giga Bowser; this includes Yoshi, considering his negative relationship towards Bowser.

In regards to Galleom, it might be limited to fighters who were not playable in either Brawl or Smash 3DS / Wii U, such as Wolf (who's not playable in the latter).

D

Deleted member

One could assume that all the NES classic fighters could end up facing Rathalos as their final boss. Simon and Richter get Dracula. And any character who's affiliated with the Super Mario mainstream series (excluding Bowser and Bowser Jr.) would likely be fair game to face Bowser, followed by Giga Bowser; this includes Yoshi, considering his negative relationship towards Bowser.

In regards to Galleom, it might be limited to fighters who were not playable in either Brawl or Smash 3DS / Wii U, such as Wolf (who's not playable in the latter).
Galleom would be fitting to some characters, ROB and Snake to name some names

Arthur97

Smash Master

What connection does Rathalos have to the NES? You seem to be making a logic jump there.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What connection does Rathalos have to the NES? You seem to be making a logic jump there.
It's hard to say right now, but if Duck Hunt got Rathalos, R.O.B. could potentially get the same boss as well. As for the Ice Climbers, they could end up with Galleom, if it's truly restricted to fighters who were cut at any point during the Super Smash Bros. series' lifespan.

Of course, the intensity setting could also play a factor in all of this, so there's definitely a lot of things to investigate for each fighter's Classic mode setup.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
It's hard to say right now, but if Duck Hunt got Rathalos, R.O.B. could potentially get the same boss as well. As for the Ice Climbers, they could end up with Galleom, if it's truly restricted to fighters who were cut at any point during the Super Smash Bros. series' lifespan.

Of course, the intensity setting could also play a factor in all of this, so there's definitely a lot of things to investigate for each fighter's Classic mode setup.
Duck Hunt likely got Rathalos not because of anything to do with releases, but because the dog is a hunting dog and hunting a dragon from Monster Hunter is taking the hunting thing to ridiculous extremes.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Duck Hunt likely got Rathalos not because of anything to do with releases, but because the dog is a hunting dog and hunting a dragon from Monster Hunter is taking the hunting thing to ridiculous extremes.
I never did consider your statement being a reason for why the Duck Hunt duo got Rathalos for their boss fight. A rather odd dilemma too, considering that the Duck Hunt duo are cartoonish, while the creatures from the Monster Hunter series are far more realistic.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I don’t think every character will get a unique boss fight but I do have some presences anyways.

1. Mega Man Vs. Yellow Devil and Dr. Wily Assist Trophy

2. Kirby Vs. Marx

3. Ryu Vs. M. Bison

4. Luigi Vs. King Boo

5. Fox Vs. Wolf and Andross Assist Trophy

6. Ness Vs. Porky Minch

7. Sonic Vs. Dr. Eggman and Shadow Assist Trophy

8. Young Link Vs. Skull Kid (Unique Boss fight) w/ Moon Assist Trophy

9. Jigglypuff Vs. Rayquaza

10. Yoshi Vs. Petey Pirhana

11. Link Vs. Ganondorf and then morphs into Calamity Ganon

12. King K. Rool Vs. Giga Mac

13. Inceneroar Vs. Decideye (LOSER LEAVES SMASH!) haha

Last edited:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Eevee was spotted as an enemy.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I don’t think every character will get a unique boss fight but I do have some presences anyways.

1. Mega Man Vs. Yellow Devil and Dr. Wily Assist Trophy

2. Kirby Vs. Marx

3. Ryu Vs. M. Bison

4. Luigi Vs. King Boo

5. Fox Vs. Wolf and Andross Assist Trophy

6. Ness Vs. Porky Minch

7. Sonic Vs. Dr. Eggman and Shadow Assist Trophy

8. Young Link Vs. Skull Kid (Unique Boss fight) w/ Moon Assist Trophy

9. Jigglypuff Vs. Rayquaza

10. Yoshi Vs. Petey Pirhana

11. Link Vs. Ganondorf and then morphs into Calamity Ganon

12. King K. Rool Vs. Giga Mac

13. Inceneroar Vs. Decideye (LOSER LEAVES SMASH!) haha
Not that we want to discuss leaks (given how polarized some people got.), but didn't one leak allegedly say Necrozma appears as a boss in Ultimate. If that pans out to be true we might have Incineroars boss fight.

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
Hoping Samus will have Mother Brain Assist Trophy into Mother Brain final form, not meme Ridley.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
R.O.B. fights Galleom in Classic Mode, which is a pity, I'd have liked for him to get a grudge match with Tabuu.

DeadmanV2

Smash Rookie
I would not be shocked if Porky returned from Brawl as the final boss for Ness and Lucas (and presumably appear in World of Light as well.)

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
It's hard to predict since you'd have to know all the bosses in the game ahead of time.

Like, yeah obviously Calamity Ganon would make sense for Link, but if Calamity Ganon isn't in the game as a boss, then they might just pit him against Giga Bowser saying he's close enough.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think the :ulticeclimbers:‘s will get duon because it’s Latin term for duo

:ultfox::ultdiddy::ultmewtwo: Might get rayquaza

I would love it if :ultsonic: got Eggman

:ultpeach::ultzelda: Could get Petey Piranha

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
So many bosses that could be in the game this time around.

I really want to see a boss rush mode now just to see who would be good enough to complete it.

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
So many bosses that could be in the game this time around.

I really want to see a boss rush mode now just to see who would be good enough to complete it.
I have a bad feeling that there might not actually be that many bosses if both ROB and Wolf fight Galleom, so I'm not going to expect too many.

Sakurai said rathalos is the first character in history to receive the role of both assist and boss

He would have lied if mother brain got the same boat
I don't think it's that black and white. Could also mean the first one they revealed or the first one they developed. Here's a good visual aid for what I mean.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have a bad feeling that there might not actually be that many bosses if both ROB and Wolf fight Galleom, so I'm not going to expect too many.
Seeing as Captain Falcon gets Bowser, followed by Giga Bowser, having a very small boss amount could end up being a harsh reality for a majority of the fighters.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

I don't think it's that black and white. Could also mean the first one they revealed or the first one they developed. Here's a good visual aid for what I mean.

Well besides tabuu I think all the Subspace bosses should be back (hope tabuu as well)

Samus could get a Ridley fight but then fight a bigger one

Mega man could get the yellow devil with the endless Willy assist trophy

Shulk could get metal face

And there should be a few new ones not like horrendously large amount

And yes that could be true too

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh wait a minute I went back to the second smash direct

:ultlucario::ultyounglink::ultcloud::ultpacman: Might get Dracula they were fighting him in the footage is it classic or world of light?
(We know the Belmont’s by default get him)

Same goes for rathalos
:ultmarth::ultfox::ultkingdedede: (We know for :ultfalcon: is world of light

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I would love to see :ultpit: either take on :ultdarkpit: or a Kid Icarus God(dess) for his Classic Mode, while :ultsonic:...should fight :ultmario:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I kinda doubt there will be KI bosses, seeing as Sakurai's being modest on that series' content this time beyond the PGs.

One possibility could be :ultmetaknight: fighting either Galleom or Duon.

Still, I'll miss fighting Master Hand at the end as always. I hope he'll show up in WOL somehow. :(

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I kinda doubt there will be KI bosses, seeing as Sakurai's being modest on that series' content this time beyond the PGs.

Still, I'll miss fighting Master Hand at the end as always. I hope he'll show up in WOL somehow. :(
People doubted the return of Palutena’s Guidances and look where we at now...all I need is atleast 1 KI boss (even if it’s a simple minion-like boss such as an Orne or Grim Reaper)

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Well, he shows up constantly to interfere with your progression anyway.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Apparently Roy fights Master Hand, which paints a grim picture of Medeus or Anankos' chances of showing up as a boss...

Top Bottom