• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So who could be everyone's final boss in Classic Mode?

osby

Smash Obsessed
One could assume that all the NES classic fighters could end up facing Rathalos as their final boss. Simon and Richter get Dracula. And any character who's affiliated with the Super Mario mainstream series (excluding Bowser and Bowser Jr.) would likely be fair game to face Bowser, followed by Giga Bowser; this includes Yoshi, considering his negative relationship towards Bowser.

In regards to Galleom, it might be limited to fighters who were not playable in either Brawl or Smash 3DS / Wii U, such as Wolf (who's not playable in the latter).
R.O.B.'s final boss is Galleom.

Seeing as Captain Falcon gets Bowser, followed by Giga Bowser, having a very small boss amount could end up being a harsh reality for a majority of the fighters.
I don't think we'll get more than seven bosses.

All characters we've seen until now (:ultroy::ultfalcon::ultmario::ultwolf::ultrob::ultduckhunt:) had the same four bosses. Not a big enough number to determine anything but likely there won't be an abundance of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't think we'll get more than seven bosses.

All characters we've seen until now (:ultroy::ultfalcon::ultmario::ultwolf::ultrob::ultduckhunt:) had the same four bosses. Not a big enough number to determine anything but likely there won't be an abundance of them.
That's what I'm kind of thinking at this point. As such, it seems doubtful that Link will ever get to face Demon King Ganon.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
So only certain fighters will get Master Hand? Or does it have something to do with Classic mode's intensity system?
I dunno, I heard that information second-second-hand (third-hand?). I saw it on a Smashboards thread, but I only saw it in passing as I rapidly scrolled through the page, so I don't even remember which thread it was in.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'm still hopeful that at least some of the Fire Emblem characters will get to fight a dragon from their series (my money being on either Medeus, Anankos, or Velezark, though given the precedent of the Bowser + Giga Bowser fight, I wouldn't be too surprised if the Fire Emblem boss fight ends up being Robin followed by Grima). However, given my luck with getting characters I want in Smash (namely, the only bones thrown my way have been Sonic, Bowser Jr., Ridley, and K. Rool — and those last two weren't characters I particularly wanted myself (I wanted them for the pleasure of their fans)), the Fire Emblem cast will square off with either Rathalos or Master Hand. At least there's an image floating around which indicates that the Legend of Zelda characters will face Ganondorf and/or Ganon (presumably in a similar fashion to the Bowser + Giga Bowser boss fight). Also, as for the Pokémon characters, my hope is that most of them will be fighting Necrozma and/or Ultra Necrozma (though given that the theme of Jigglypuff's route is the characters who were playable in Smash 64, I'm going to have to guess that her boss fight is with Master Hand).

Last edited:

DeadmanV2

Smash Rookie
I think there's a chance at least one of the Fire Emblem characters might get their final boss (maybe Medeus since being in Marth's games ties him to the history of the Awakening cast even if he isn't in.) Roy was probably the least likely to see his due to his weird placement in the series. But I definitely don't see a ton of bosses showing up, and even if an FE boss shows up, I'd only expect one. I can honestly see some of the FE characters ending up facing Rathalos or potentially Rayquaza if he returns from Brawl.

Since we saw King Bulblin in the menu, I would not be surprised if some of the Zelda characters end up fighting him despite none of them being from TP like he is.

I'm also curious as to whether Petey might return. Obviously we already have Giga Bowser as a Mario boss, but we do know they do have a new model for Petey (complete with the cages) for Piranha Plant's final smash. And I can't imagine ALL of the Mario characters will fight Giga Bowser (at least I don't think Bowser and Bowser Jr. would. And I feel like Luigi will fight Dracula or something ridiculous like that.) Plus if any series could have two bosses, it would be Mario.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Before I say anything I've only seen Mario's classic and decided to not look at anyone else's

Bowser --> Giga Bowser ( :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultpiranha:)
Ridley --> Meta Ridley ( :ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultfalcon::ultwolf:)
Master Hand + Crazy Hand (:ultlittlemac::ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ulticeclimbers::ultwiifittrainer::ultvillager::ultrob:)
Alt Robin --> Grima (:ultrobin::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultcorrin:)
Pokemon trainer --> sends out Rayquaza after beating him (:ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario:)
Piranha plant --> Petey Piranha (:ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultdoc::ultdaisy:)
Gandorf --> Ganon (:ultlink::ultzelda::ultyounglink::ultsimon::ultrichter:)
Wolf --> Andross shows up later (:ultfox::ultfalco::ultrosalina:)

that's just some ideas.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If Marx shows up as Kirby's boss, the guy will be triple deconfirmed. I'd feel sorry for his supporters at that point.

Before I say anything I've only seen Mario's classic and decided to not look at anyone else's

Bowser --> Giga Bowser ( :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultpiranha:)
Ridley --> Meta Ridley ( :ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultfalcon::ultwolf:)
Master Hand + Crazy Hand (:ultlittlemac::ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ulticeclimbers::ultwiifittrainer::ultvillager::ultrob:)
Alt Robin --> Grima (:ultrobin::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultcorrin:)
Pokemon trainer --> sends out Rayquaza after beating him (:ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario:)
Piranha plant --> Petey Piranha (:ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultdoc::ultdaisy:)
Gandorf --> Ganon (:ultlink::ultzelda::ultyounglink::ultsimon::ultrichter:)
Wolf --> Andross shows up later (:ultfox::ultfalco::ultrosalina:)

that's just some ideas.
You done goofed, the Belmonts fight DRACULA.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
I'd like Pikachu to have Nidoking and Jigglypuff to have Nidoqueen.

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I'm ready for those boss leaks, bring em on already!

Might throw a spoiler now

Marx is a boss

Found in the code by the evil dataminers in mexico
Oof, sucks for his supporters but I don't think I could have picked a better character from that series to be a boss in Smash... at least imo.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I'm guessing the DLC fighters will get Galeem as their boss since they won't spoil him on an in-game fighter.

Folt

Smash Ace
From what I've seen and heard of, these are the confirmed ones so far to my knowledge (+ some whom I've heard of or who have been implied to me through certain footage):

:ultmario:- Bowser > Giga Bowser (seen)
:ultlink:- Ganon (seen)
:ultsamus:- Master Hand > Dark Samus (heard of)
:ultkirby:- Marx (seen)
:ultluigi:- Dracula (seen)
:ultness:- Master Hand (seen)
:ultfalcon:- Bowser > Giga Bowser (heard of)
:ultzelda:- Ganondorf > Ganon (seen)
:ulticeclimbers:- Master & Crazy Hand (seen)
:ultyounglink:- Ganon (seen)
:ultroy:- Master Hand (confirmed)
:ultsonic:- Master Hand (seen)
:ultrob:- Galleom (seen)
:ultwolf:- Galleom (confirmed)
:ultduckhunt:- Rathalos (seen)
:ultcorrin:- Master Hand (implied)
:ultbayonetta:- Giant Palutena (heard of)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
From what I've seen and heard of, these are the confirmed ones so far to my knowledge (+ some whom I've heard of or who have been implied to me through certain footage):

:ultmario:- Bowser > Giga Bowser (seen)
:ultlink:- Ganon (seen)
:ultsamus:- Master Hand > Dark Samus (heard of)
:ultkirby:- Marx (seen)
:ultluigi:- Dracula (seen)
:ultness:- Master Hand (seen)
:ultfalcon:- Bowser > Giga Bowser (heard of)
:ultzelda:- Ganondorf > Ganon (seen)
:ulticeclimbers:- Master & Crazy Hand (seen)
:ultyounglink:- Ganon (seen)
:ultroy:- Master Hand (confirmed)
:ultsonic:- Master Hand (seen)
:ultrob:- Galleom (seen)
:ultwolf:- Galleom (confirmed)
:ultduckhunt:- Rathalos (seen)
:ultcorrin:- Master Hand (implied)
:ultbayonetta:- Giant Palutena (heard of)
i saw :ultkrool: he got galleom

Folt

Smash Ace
Alright, Bowser's Classic Mode revolves around Mario and the color red, so he fights opponents with red colors.

Unlike most Classic Mode campaigns, Bowser has a unique boss battle as his penultimate fight: Rathalos. The final boss is Mario: Specifically, you fight Mario at the beginning, then Metal Mario after defeating him once.

Top Bottom