• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So we've got 2 of possibly 3third party chars...

Otherside

Smash Rookie
yeh i agree bomberman would have a good chance just his moveset would be bomb based but having played most of the bomberman series i think he cud be a fun character to play :] and a bomberman stage would be mmm odd :p would really love to see bomberman in

Otherside

Smash Rookie
dunno if this guys been mentioned b4 btw and i dunno how slim his chances r :p (also from konami)

would love to see him in and loved all of his game (his n64 game has more play time on it and i finished it like 15 times thats more than i touched ocarina of time :p)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Interesting...only 4 other people voted for Bomberman on the Melee poll...

...The most a third party character got back then was 9...

...surprisingly Sonic and Megaman were in last place with only 3 votes each

Otherside

Smash Rookie
sonic prolly didnt get so many votes bak then cos he hadnt had a proper nintendo game and all the nintendo fan boys who were against sonic ever appearing (even tho deep down *i am a nintendo fanboy* u all wanted it to happen :p)

but mmmm i want bomberman now xD

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Goemon would work, but again he's just another Konami rep.
But he would be cool, his final smash could even be getting into that robot actor thing (forget his name).

Edit: Funny how Bomberman was more popular then Megaman/Sonic back then. Wonder what happened.

Otherside

Smash Rookie
GOEMON IMPACT lols i had all my savepoints on the n64 game set to all the giant boss battles just to see the different impact entrances and do the impact missions

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
2 cents time:

Pac-Man
In my opinion, this should be the #1 3rd party choice, even more so than Sonic & Snake. Why? BECAUSE ITS FREAKING PAC-MAN!!!! You want "legend", well Pac goes beyond even that. He's the very symbol of 80s gaming & the only character in existence to exceed Mario in mainstream status, everyone knows of him. If you say he's a "waste" of a slot, then turn in your gamer card, you're out of the club. As far as moveset possibilities goes, there's the Pac-Man World games as sources of inspiration.

Simon Belmont
Smack me & I'll respond with something more painful. This guy should've gotten in before Snake. Come on, who cares about the NES Metal Gear? It's just a port of an MSX game & that series is far more prominent on Sony hardware. Plus, stealth action just plain sucks. Castlevania is far more prominent on Nintendo systems, from the NES to the DS & everywhere in between. Simon himself is clearly the true face of the franchise, being not only the original hero but also the most frequent with 7 different Castlevania games. In addition he has had playable roles in Konami crossovers like both Wai Wai Worlds & Dreammix as well as a somewhat unflattering cartoon role alongside Megaman. I can not fantom why so many people here don't think he's worthy, were you all born yesterday?

Geno
What's the argument here? He's listed as 1st party in Sakurai's poll, so it's all a null point. Oh wait, I have an argument......

Mallow
Geno this, Geno that. Geno Geno Geno. Why does he so much more attention than the other SMRPG characters? He has like 5 lines of dialouge, is pointless to have in your active party once you get Bowser (which is about 10 minutes later) & his only real purpose is to provide a bit of exposition that could've just as well been given by that old grandpa frog. Mallow on the other hand, has way more backstory, more personality, is the 1st character to join the party & has more intriguing moveset possibilities. I say screw Geno & put Mallow in his place.

Bomberman
Just for the record, Konami owns Hudson, so Bomberman would effectively be a Konami character. In any event, he's limited in moveset possibilities. It's just not in his character to do anything except drop a bomb. This was his only special move in Dreammix TV: World Fighters. Honestly, if Little Mac didn't amount to more than just AT, why could Bombie?

Megaman
After Pac-Man, he stands as the most likely inclusion. After all, if there's 1 thing Capcom's known for, it's milking franchises for every bit they're worth. His moveset potential is staggering if he has any boss weapons, but even without those his options are plentiful.

Sora
Sora is an up & comer in the world of video games, perhaps not quite a legend yet but well on his way. Sora would the Square character that I'd enjoy playing the most, both as a KH fan & because of moveset possibilities. Since CoM is his main Nintendo presence, he could stock attacks like he did with cards in that game & use them for slights. He's also quite fitting to the nature of SSB, his own series being a crossover. Unfortunately, it's hard to deny that he isn't the top dog of S-E, particularly since Disney owns him.

Master Chief
Microsoft owns him, not Bungie. Do not kid yourself in ever thinking otherwise. This ain't happening.

Banjo Kazooie
Same as the Chief, it's not happening. What I don't get however is why hasn't Rare made their own mascot fighter yet? They imitated Mario 64, Mario Kart 64 & even tried to take on Zelda with Dinosaur Planet/Star Fox Adventures. Yet the SSB clone is absent despite Rare's own plethora of characters. They could even get Halo characters in their hypothetical fighter now.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow, you never used Geno in your party?!?

Mario, Peach, and Geno is considered the best party in Super Mario RPG

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I think it's between Bomberman and Megaman.

They should through them both in. That would kick major butt.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also Mallow is a wimpy cry baby that never shuts up...

Chickenboy666

Smash Ace
Who I think it'll be: Megaman, if we are talking about popularity, etc
Who I'd like it be: A SquareEnix character (maybe Sora, Geno, idk)
Who I was thinking it'd be: Before the Sonic announcement, I was thinking that the other 2 chars would be from Konami too, so I was thinking on Simon Belmont and another character like Goemon, PowerPro, Twinbee, Gradius...

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Phoenix Wright :D (Over-imagination XD)

I'm postive Geno is going to be in Brawl. Megaman has alot going for him so he has a pretty good chance XD

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
Megaman seems most probable, and I would be really happy if he made it in. But if Pac-Man, Bomberman, or Simon Belmont made it in instead, I would be equally as happy. Geno too, but I don't think Sakurai considers him 3rd party. Sora has a better chance than people give him credit for, but I still hope he isn't in Brawl.

rexpro02

Smash Cadet
i like megaman but i dont want him in the game(imagine kirby with the megaman helmet :laugh: ).... i prefer Geno or bomberman, but WTF will bomberman ataks will be (push b repedtely to make the big bomb ;) ) im 100% positive it will be a capcom character...

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Bomberman is cool, but not as good as Megaman. When you have Snake, Mario, and Sonic; you gotta have Megaman.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
It better be Sora.
It would be a good business move too, since all those Sony kids who loved Kingdom Hearts would want to buy a Wii to play as Sora, Sonic, Snake, and Mario. It would be a low blow to Sony.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Not as popular as Megaman, sure. But not as popular as Geno?! You gotta be kidding me. I know plenty of people who have no idea who Geno is. Geno was in one SNES game, and made a very small appearance in a DS game. Sora has been in 5 different games, one of them being for the Gameboy. And now a new Kingdom Hearts game for the DS is coming out, so hyping the game up by adding Sora in Brawl would be a good idea. I don't see Geno starring in any new games now do I?

Burning Soul

Smash Apprentice
Not as popular as Megaman, sure. But not as popular as Geno?! You gotta be kidding me. I know plenty of people who have no idea who Geno is. Geno was in one SNES game, and made a very small appearance in a DS game. Sora has been in 5 different games, one of them being for the Gameboy. And now a new Kingdom Hearts game for the DS is coming out, so hyping the game up by adding Sora in Brawl would be a good idea. I don't see Geno starring in any new games now do I?
Leave Geno Alone!!!! Leave him alone!

He is only a human.............!

(i hope you caught what that infers.)

Caael

Smash Lord
What about every other Castlevania game? Portrait of Ruin? Symphony of the Night? Sure, they didn't have Simon in, but those are two of the best games i've ever played. Simon or Alucard would be ideal as they've been in the most games.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
geno's really come out of the woodwork since the announcement of 3rd party characters.
Well he has , but only between the Smash community. Which is the problem, since he is relatively unknown otherwise.

Leave Geno Alone!!!! Leave him alone!

He is only a human.............!

(i hope you caught what that infers.)
T_T

Masterem243

Smash Lord
You never know. If 2 more 3rd party characters come out, it's definitely gonna be Geno and Megaman.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
I don't get the Geno love here.
1 game (ancient btw, and SSBB is obviously trying to take the newer games, TP Link?) , barely talked, and is just a doll that was possessed then turned into life less after the game was over. I'm not saying he's bad just really confused as to how he's so popular (someone explain).

Right now Megaman and Bobmerman look like thy have the best chances so far. They are the only two that have so recent convincing evidence towards them. Capcom's cryptic message isn't much but it is something, and as for Bobmerman, there is the music thing and he had already been in a game with Wario and in another with Snake.

Other characters would be great, but those two look like the only real options right now.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
That maybe true but at lest they were the main protagonist for each of there games (Mario was the protagonist of the rpg) . But i'm not trying to put down Geno, just wondering why so many like him/ think he has a chance.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
That maybe true but at lest they were the main protagonist for each of there games (Mario was the protagonist of the rpg) . But i'm not trying to put down Geno, just wondering why so many like him/ think he has a chance.
Because he's popular.

Top Bottom