• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So we've got 2 of possibly 3third party chars...

Noshiee

Smash Ace
ok, im confused, are you talking of Nightmare from Soul Calibur, or Nightmare ,the last boss in one of the Kirby games and the bad guy in the kirby anime?

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Nightmare doesn´t fit with the Super Smash Bros. atmosphere at all. Mitsurugi´s more of a main character to the franchise, anyway.
You clearly haven't played a Soul Calibur game, or you don't pay attention very well. Nightmare IS the main character of Soul Calibur, then it would be Kilik. Nightmare was possessed by the Soul Edge. The Soul Calibur developers logo has Nightmare on it. And him not fitting in with the Smash atmosphere? Oh I guess Snake and Ridley wouldn't fit with the Smash atmosphere either.

AsILayDying

Smash Apprentice
Of course he'd be bad in Brawl.
Bad***!!!
heeeellll yeah lol i can imagine slashing sonic and megaman and geno (if the last 2 are included) and laughing at the fact that nightmare pwns much more!
XD but at least sakurai didnt go for worse chars in his poll lol...
someone can possibly and finally say why geno is so awesome???

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well Samus, Ganondorf, Cap'n Falcon, Ridley, Snake, Metaknight aren't exactly "cute" either.

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon is da bomb. He is immensely popular in the later years of Melee, thanks to L-cancels no less. He also appeared in numerous games across basically ALL Nintendo's system, and no doubt will make a convincing return for the Wii and DS with WiFi no less. Geno is a one hit wonder wuss, that doesn't even fit in the Mario series that well. Finally, Sora? Sora? Sora is a metro-sexual bi*ch, who appeared in a series that represented everything that is wrong with modern RPGs, the whole game concept of KH is utterly trash at its best. KH is a disgrace to a true gamer, doesn't matter how you look at it.

My mean COME ON, FF mix with Disney characters? WTF, that is so gay in so many levels.

Why don't we have Mickey and Snow White in Brawl, that would be cool, right? Oooop they are so popular and legendary, and no doubt have some great move set. F**k that, go to gamespot if you are ******** like that.

And finally, Kunitsuna? You don't know sh**t about anything. Your very existence is a failure to me (haha, just felt like type something like this, doesn't mean anything, just a comical relieve).

PacMan? Are you high with Pacman Jones? I am feeling ******** to be just in the same forum with you people.

Rex+

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon is da bomb. He is immensely popular in the later years of Melee, thanks to L-cancels no less. He also appeared in numerous games across basically ALL Nintendo's system, and no doubt will make a convincing return for the Wii and DS with WiFi no less. Geno is a one hit wonder wuss, that doesn't even fit in the Mario series that well. Finally, Sora? Sora? Sora is a metro-sexual bi*ch, who appeared in a series that represented everything that is wrong with modern RPGs, the whole game concept of KH is utterly trash at its best. KH is a disgrace to a true gamer, doesn't matter how you look at it.

My mean COME ON, FF mix with Disney characters? WTF, that is so gay in so many levels.
I'm going to disagree with you on your KH opinion, but an opinion is an opinion.
I've found that the two thrid-party characters everyone is talking about are Megaman and, yes, Master Chief. Megaman is understandable, but think about Chief for a second. Bungie and Microsoft split around a week before the SSBB date was pushed back. Now Bungie is a solo company, and the Chief holds no affiliation as of now. So, unless Sakurai rejects him because he comes from a series all about guns (MGS?), Master Chief seems like a viable option.
If he's in, I swear...

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is a much more respectable series than DoA, therefore, MC (a tool) will never be associate with Brawl. Bungie is way over their head right now, they don't know what they are doing. They were at the best position of current gaming world, and they throw it all away for what? Some glory point with the casual or hardcore crowd? You got to be joking. Bungie will be done in few years, and we will forget about this horrible Halo chapter in due time, just like the rest of FPS. Remember Delta Force? You don't? Nothing wrong with that.

P.S. I do wish Ashley to make the Brawl roster. I don't know why, I just want to see her more in game. What a interesting and twisted character who is not all that Nintendo, lol. But we all love her in the end.....right?

Shuma

Smash Hero
Seriously every single being that thinks Halo is horrible should be shot, regardless of it's fanbase and overhype, Halo is one of the best FPS franchises out there.

Also Mr. Chef will never be in Brawl, he's bungie's little child, now a Spartan, that's entirely diferent, of course he is not immpossible, but he will never appear in Brawl.

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
Seriously every single being that thinks Halo is horrible should be shot, regardless of it's fanbase and overhype, Halo is one of the best FPS franchises out there.

Also Mr. Chef will never be in Brawl, he's bungie's little child, now a Spartan, that's entirely diferent, of course he is not immpossible, but he will never appear in Brawl.
Ummm no, Halo fails. It's a money grabbing cash cow of a game. It's a good game, but definitely NOT one of the best FPS franchises out there, go play some real FPS then you can be the judge. You can start with team fortress 2, then go back and play your halo.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think the only reason people don't like Halo is because it is popular...

I get bored of most first person shooters...

Shuma

Smash Hero
Dude i've played all of the games valva has made, that's why i sayd one of the best, not the best, since withouth Valve Halo would be the FPS god(although i have yet to play the Unreal Tournament 3 demo).

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
B/c it's Smashboards, one of my favorite online chill spot right now. I wouldn't go very deep on why I don't like Halo, since I love SSB more than anything (one of the many benefits to be living in VA). But if you are the kind of person who played the first Burnout game and somewhat saddened by how the series went, then you would understand me. I love how halo was being halo, and now it's just pure crap with a multiplayer mode as a online CONSOLE fps. I love how Bungie is making Halo War and all the Xbox nerds went wow, if you know how halo was actually made, then you know it's all crap, through and through, pure crap.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Halo is fun at parties, especially drunken Halo!!! Running off cliffs trying to shoot people...

I like playing as the elite though!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Riiiiight... you're just biased against Halo. And what do you mean with "How halo was actually made" that it was originaly going to be an RTS? yeah i know, i'm an RTS nut and can't wait for Halo wars.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Riiiiight... you're just biased against Halo. And what do you mean with "How halo was actually made" that it was originaly going to be an RTS? yeah i know, i'm an RTS nut and can't wait for Halo wars.
WAIT, Halo Wars isn't an RTS or not anymore or what?

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
OH come on, you can't be serious about that statement. C&C III and it's expansion is not enough for you? Warcraft III and Dota is not enough for you, Starcraft I + II is not going to be enough for you? You need the fracking Halo War? Yea I believe you, and you are right, go nut on Halo War, Mr. I am an RTS nut. Yea riiiight, and I am the biased one.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Halo 1 was going to be an RTS, it became an FPS, Halow Wars is an RTS, i love RTS, hence i whant to play Halo Wars.

Edit:

WTF are you talking about? that i can't like RTS!? WTF?

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
Halo 1 was going to be an RTS, it became an FPS, Halow Wars is an RTS, i love RTS, hence i whant to play Halo Wars.

Edit:

WTF are you talking about? that i can't like RTS!? WTF?
If you ever played any Blizzard's RTS games, then you wouldn't be this confused. Do you understand how much work it needs to be done AFTER a RTS game was originally release on the market? Halo War is a joke. No RTS veteran would take it seriously, no disrespect for Bungie, they would never able to handle the initial work loads of a RTS, properly, and I stress the word "properly."

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Starcraft II is going to be awesome!

...Your a DOTA player, aren't you? **** DOTA

Shuma

Smash Hero
You're a terrible idiot, i'll count ho many RTS games i have.

Starcraft
brood wars
warcraft III
Frozen Throne
DoW
DoW: Winter Assault
DoW: Dark Crusade
Company of Heroes
All the Command and Counquer games
Battle for Middle earth II
Age of Empires II
Age of Empires the conquerors
Star Wars battle grounds
STBG the clone expancion
Star Wars empire at war
SWEaW forces of corruption
Empire Earth II

No RTS veteran would take it seriously my ***, you're just an idiot and you are biased against the Halo franchise and Bungie. ****ing Idiot, i whon't even waste my time arguing with you.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Royal Rook, I officially proclaim that you have anger problems and are a complete troll. First of all, Sora has just as good of a chance of getting into Brawl as anyone else. Your view on the KH franchise is your own opinion, but I completely disagree with it. KH was an amazing game that brought twp completely different elements together splendidly. Snow White and Mickey wouldn't be allowed to be in Brawl, because they did not originate on a video game, like Sora did. So just get your trolling *** out of these forums.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
RoyalRook;3055167Why don't we have Mickey and Snow White in Brawl said:
Hey, that thought never once crossed my mind. Kingdom Hearts Mickey should be in Brawl! Holy crap, I would SO play as Mickey as one of my top mains if he were in it. I do have to disagree with you though... mixing Disney with FF is not gay. That was probably one of the best business moves that Squaresoft (back in the time) could have ever thought of. The way I see it, you just seem to hold a person grudge against Disney characters and anything associated with Disney.

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that's not fair. I love Disney characters, I am a human being for god sake. That is so mean by saying that I hate Mickey, it's Mickey man. Dude, that just cold.

Sure, it maybe my opinion, but for me it's simple: you love KH, you fail as a gamer.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Wow, that's not fair. I love Disney characters, I am a human being for god sake. That is so mean by saying that I hate Mickey, it's Mickey man. Dude, that just cold.

Sure, it maybe my opinion, but for me it's simple: you love KH, you fail as a gamer.
Just because you you don't like it doesn't make me fail as a gamer.

Wii enthusiast

Smash Cadet
um yeah i said something about sora being in the brawl i just wanna say that yeah i really really REALLY hate that game (combat is WAAAAAAAAAY too easy) but i still think that sora is a pretty cool character. And no i do not think that any disney characters will be in brawl nor do i want them to be.
that would just destroy everything that smash brothers is which is greatness.
disney would just ruin it.
although mickey still is cool

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
I'm shooting for Sora or Soma. Really not a geno fan, I like bomberman and pacman I just can't see them having a diverse moveset. Megaman would be nice but i want X over classic and that probably wouldn't happen if he got in.

Oh and Royal stfu about that fail as a gamer comment if you like KH, it has to be one of the greatest game series I've played.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
this is in order of most likely:

1. megaman: hes a freaking gameing Icon!
2.geno. as much as I dont want a mario character as a third party one, he has a Massive cult backing him up.
3.bomberman>pacman, although I see geno and megaman both getting in before these two.

AsILayDying

Smash Apprentice
i think geno is cool and all, but i really really reeeeeeally consider him a waste, in my opinion, a 3rd party char of the mario universe would be a really huge waste

Top Bottom