• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So we've got 2 of possibly 3third party chars...

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Because he's popular.
He lost to a goomba in the melee poll and hasn't had any new games since then to change anything...
That and Geno is not popular, he has a small fanbase of VERY loyal fans, but not generally popular. I for one, forgot about him until he was mentioned on these boards.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Seeing how the most votes any character got in the poll was 5, I wouldn't consider it that relevant. The poll was to broad making no results concentrated.

But, I just want to know why people want Geno, he was just in one game ( not counting just appearances). What is the greatness that is Geno?

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
I've played the RPG before, I know who Geno is. What I don't get is why he was mentioned for Brawl? He just seemed like a new character put in there to provide a one time plot, nothing special....

But meh... People will be fans of however they want to be. Maybe Geno will be in brawl, who knows?

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
I've played the RPG before, I know who Geno is. What I don't get is why he was mentioned for Brawl? He just seemed like a new character put in there to provide a one time plot, nothing special....

But meh... People will be fans of however they want to be. Maybe Geno will be in brawl, who knows?
I agree. I mean there are plenty of other more deserving characters like Megaman, Sora, and ugh Bomberman...

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
Ok, it's basically comes down to Megaman or Vewtiful Joe about 1 month ago, we should learn the result around Wednesday evening. Geno is a joke, he only deserve a spot as an AT. Bomberman is cool and all, but he is not that legendary.

I personally want Bowser Jr. He really deserve a spot after NSMB, and Yoshi's story. But I don't know anything about that situation.

P.S. Crossing my finger for Street Fighter 4, but if it's an update for SSBB from Capcom on Wednesday then wooray as well, of course.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Ok, it's basically comes down to Megaman or Vewtiful Joe about 1 month ago,
Bomberman is cool and all, but he is not that legendary.
Yeah cause you know, all the facts supporting Bomberman being in Brawl means nothing and Viewtiful joe has so much convincing evidence going for him right now. And Viewtiful joe being more "legendary" then Bomberman? Yeah that makes sense....

I don't even think Clover still exist anymore, didn't they get shut down or something?

Wii enthusiast

Smash Cadet
i don't know if it is just me but for some strange reason i think sora from kingdom hearts would fit in really well but disney would never let nintendo have anything:(

edit: i just wanna say that i don't want sora to be in brawl cause i kinda just don't (trust me i absolutely hate kingdom hearts; the combat was way too easy and there basically no point in the disney characters being in it. Also i hate final fantasy games; I'm all for the Legend of Zelda now)
but all i am saying is that if he was a character, he would probably fit in really well (just think. He would be like link/ness/mario)
although i still think he shouldn't really be in brawl and he most likely definitely wouldn't

reedit: oh yeah i think megaman or master chief would be in brawl
one last thing: uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh who is geno?
seriously i know he is from mario rpg but i don't think i was even like 3 years old when that came out and my family never had the snes but we always had the nes
yeah right now i am 13

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
I could see various things wrong with Sora being in Brawl ( but those are just opinions so they mean next to nothing).

Only real thing I could see being a problem is Sora's bad habit of voicing out ALL of his attacks. But if they muted him to just grunts and stuff like the other characters, I guess it would work.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Look people...

...How hard is it to believe Geno has fans? He kicks *** in the game...

...Why does any character have fans? Is the only reason people like a character because they appeared in multiple games? Is that seriously the only reason you like your favorite character? Or is it because the majority of people like that character? ...If that's true your ignorant and shallow...

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Simon Belmont!!?? *smack*
I find your lack of vision disturbing.

Simon Belmont

Melee​

A - The standard whip attack. Hold the A button down to make the whip go limp, and control it by moving the control stick.

Side+A - Simon chops across his chest with his sword.
Down+A - Simon steps back a step and lashes the ground ahead of himself with his whip.
Up+A - Simon pokes his sword quickly above him.

Side Smash+A - Simon brandishes both of his weapons, bringing them down diagonally across himself. The sword has higher damage but the whip reaches farther.
Up Smash+A - Simon swirls his whip above his head, like a lasso.
Down Smash+A - Simon pirouettes, swiping his sword and whip around at his waistline.

Nair - A quick and simple karate-kick ahead of him.
Fair - Simon's whip flies straight out at a diagonally-downwards direction.
Bair - A vertical sword swipe preceded by Simon's turning around to look behind him.
Uair - Simon whips straight upwards.
Dair - Simon rockets downwards, one foot ahead. This move always sends him into a fastfall. This happens in the games when you try and slide in midair.

Grab - Simon tosses his sword to his whip hand, holding them both in one while he reaches out ahead of him. Laggy, but large range.
Grab Hit - Simon smacks his enemy in the face with the bottoms of both his weapons.

Fthrow - Tossing his enemy in front of him, Simon follows up by whipping the prone, airborne adversary three times, the third one sending them flying.
Uthrow - Simon tosses his enemy above him, then chucks an axe straight up at them. THe axe acts like Mewtwo's energy balls from his Fthrow, going through the enemy, but unlike Mewtwo, the axe will succumb to gravity, and return to earth dealing light damage to all in it's path, then clinking off the ground and disappearing.
Dthrow - The enemyis dropped to the floor, then takes a strong overhead whip to the back, sending them ricocheting upwards.
Bthrow - Simon stands the enemy behind him, then whips both arms back. His whip arm elbows the enemy, dealing damage, then his sword chops across, knocking the foe away.

Rising Attack - Rising to one knee, Simon circles his whip once around him.
Ledge Attack - After getting one foot on the ground, he swipes his sword along the ground, then whips upwards, sending those tripped up by the sword into the air even farther.

Special​

B: Knife - Simon flicks a knife forwards. Hold down the button to throw three knives in sequence. The knives can't be held like Sheiks, and will fire as soon as they're fully charged or you let go of the button. Note that Simon has three separate motions, one for each knife.

Side+B: Cross - A cross that flies ahead like a boomerang, then returns to it's sender. Unlike Link's boomerang, the Cross is not stopped by hitting things, and will go a predetermined distance (no Smashing to extend the length, either) before turning around. Simon will not catch it though, and it can hit enemies behind him as well before flying offscreen. It's return trip is faster, as well.

Up+B: Griffon Wing - Also called the "Super Jump". In the games, it's used to spam certain bosses and reach new, higher-up areas. Essentially a massive, fiery uppercut, with range comparable to Samus' Spin Attack. To make it different from Falcon's Raptor Boost, though, the particle effects resemble flaming feathers.

Down+B: Holy Water - Simon tosses a glass bottle of purified water on teh ground ahead of him. Upon contact, the bottle breaks, and blue flames streak across the floor for a few feet. Even in the air, the bottle still flies at the same trajectory.

Final Smash: Grand Cross - Holy power courses through Simon's being, and is unleashed in the form of a large, fiery crucifix. The cross slowly expands, releasing shards of it's power all around it. The shards do negligible damage, but being caught in the cricifix itself deals devastating damage.

Other Elements​

Taunt - Simon tosses his weapons spinning in the air above him, tosses back his hair with a "Hmph", then catches the falling objects.

Kirby Hat - Kirby dons Simon's elegant red locks, as well as his neat feathered chestplate.

Stage: Dracula's Castle - A moonlit stage atop Dracula's famed castle. There is the main platform on top os the tower, followed by two smaller ones on either side (think Pokemon Stadium). There are another two above those, and a final platform in the middle of the stage, above all the others. Skyward KOs are difficult to accomplish on this stage. There are also two platforms that just out on either side of the tower, and whenever cloud's cover the moon, the stage darkens and torches set all around the stage light themselves. Hazards could include the ever-present Medusa Heads, simple Bats, or bone-tossing skeletons.
Who's Travis Touchdown?
Visit his character thread to find out: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=119498

You know, if you're MAN enough...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno is ********, he is a one hit trick. What can he do besides being sparkle and shinny. I am just being frank with you guys.
That is the most piece of crap answer I have ever heard...It's ignorant and stupid...

...Just like you believing Super Smash Bros is being delayed because Capcom can't decide between Viewtiful Joe and Megaman...which is crap because they don't pick...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't understand why he does, but I still know that he does. Guess that makes me ignorant.

Care to enlighten me on why you're a fan of Geno?
I like Geno because I grew up playing Mario RPG, it was the first RPG I ever played and one of the best, and my favorite, games of all time. It has influenced MANY gamers to where it created a cult following and had influenced on future nintendo games, opening up for the Mario RPG series, which was originally built to be a Mario RPG sequel, with as much to do with the storyline (Besides being paper) to Mario RPG without legal infractions upon SQUARE (Since Square and Nintendo weren't getting along at the time)

Geno was the character that stood out...a puppet, more powerful than Mario and Bowser, possessed by a spirit that attacked by summoning light from the heavens and equipped with more guns hidden within his own body than imaginable. Everyone who played Mario RPG (Well most, some people apparently didn't for some unknown reason) had Geno in their party...he may have been silent (He was the badass sage character, though didn't talk much knew everything that was going on), he was the only one directly related to the plot of the game...and not just thrown into events. Geno also could kill Exor in 1 hit...and that fight is a pain in the ***. ...I mean, a puppet that has the power to knock out Mario in 1 hit even before he becomes human sized and gains heavenly powers is nothing BUT badass...

...Now, why does anyone like any character...because of his and his games influence...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno does so many things in the game with lasers, shooting stars, cannons, pellet bullets, and etc. I don't understand why anyone thinks he couldn't have a moveset...

Frica

Smash Cadet
We aren't limited to 3 third party characters, no matter what Sakurai said. In case you've forgotten, he also said that Brawl would release on Dec. 3rd, and look where we're at now. :p

I think the most likely candidates are Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Bomberman because of the strong relationships between Nintendo and Namco, Capcom, and Hudson respectively.

Sakurai considers Geno to be first party, but Nintendo and Square Enix are buddies anyway so it shouldn't be a problem no matter what.

Frica

Smash Cadet
Geno does so many things in the game with lasers, shooting stars, cannons, pellet bullets, and etc. I don't understand why anyone thinks he couldn't have a moveset...
True, and even if he didn't do all that stuff he could still have a moveset. Like, all Capt. Falcon does is drive a racecar, but the developers gave him moves anyway, not a big deal.

Basically, the whole "he doesn't have any moves" argument fails for any character.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is it really a fact that there's gonna be only 3? I mean for all we know he could put more and he's just messing with us.
It was never fact...He didn't even state that...

He said (Basically) "I might add 1-2 more 3rd party characters...but that could change."

It was just a rough estimate based on decisions before the project started.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
I really hope Geno is going to be in. While many people consider him not that important to the Mario Series, he was immensly important to the game hw as in, RPG. Yes, he has been in one game, but so have the Ice Climbers, and they're back for their second Smash. His uniqueness can't be avoided either, sporting Geno Beam, Geno Whirl and detachable hands. This could lead to a great moveset, and everyone knows Sakurai goes for unique and playable as opposed to popular.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I really hope Geno is going to be in. While many people consider him not that important to the Mario Series, he was immensly important to the game hw as in, RPG. Yes, he has been in one game, but so have the Ice Climbers, and they're back for their second Smash. His uniqueness can't be avoided either, sporting Geno Beam, Geno Whirl and detachable hands. This could lead to a great moveset, and everyone knows Sakurai goes for unique and playable as opposed to popular.
True about IC but it's only b/c Sakurai likes them?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Personally I'd want Roxas. ^_^

Seriously, though... I think the last slot will go to Mega man. I'm not opposed to him being in either.

Top Bottom