• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So we've got 2 of possibly 3third party chars...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mario has too much representation in smash IMO. I mean, to me, the very idea of having a plumber save a princess from a giant lizard/turtle from a castle by traveling through flower pots and stepping on walking turds on the way. Miyamoto was definitely on acid then. Such a balderdash idea does not deserve such representation in the greatest game of all time.
That's why I'd like a different Square Enix character in Brawl.
I have to tell you, I love strange and absurd ideas, the more realistic something is...the more bored of it I get...

Stories and etc. made by writers on acid just happen to be awesome BTW...

Anyway, Mario has less characters in this smash than the last so Geno can replace Dr. Mario...

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Thats probably just my Kingdom heart fanboy coming out.
But think of all the other 3rd party characters, especially characters by Square Enix, that could add to the awesomeness that is SSBB. Imagine Cloud or Sephiroth joining the fray. I mean if Square Enix wanted one of their characters to be in Brawl, I doubt they'd choose Geno out of their wide array of famous characters.
Sakurai went on to state that only characters that appeared on Nintendo platforms can appear in Brawl as third party. So no Cloud or Sephiroth, thank goodness. No Master Chief either. He can stay in Dead or Alive.

I personally want Geno or Sora. Both would work.

Pac-Man... I'm iffy 'cause I don't like his recent games. His icon status could give him an edge.

Megaman has the best chances along with Geno in my opinion.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since one of the greatest games for the Super Nintendo, *****! Geno is an amazing character with a very big role in the Mario World. He would be great!
Don't listen to that person...he said Nintendo and Capcom want Viewtiful Joe more than Bomberman...and he gave a stupid reason why Brawl is being delayed...

Ignore RoyalRook

Burning Soul

Smash Apprentice
@RoyalRook

Wow, Geno BS?

Play super mario rpg until the end. EVEN NOW, it is one of the best RPGs EVER.

Bomberman is a popular character idiot. He has more chance than Cloud, Sora, Squall, Crono, even possibly Geno.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
@RoyalRook

Wow, Geno BS?

Bomberman is a popular character idiot. He has more chance than Cloud, Sora, Squall, Crono, even possibly Geno.
The Geno BS started when people realized how awesome he was. And Capcom is causing the delay? Why the hell would Sakurai delay this amazing game over two characters that this game could still live without? Especially Viewtiful Joe. Almost as worthless as Pac-Man. Almost.

EDIT: Not aiming this at Burning, aiming this at Rook. Too lazy to go back and quote him.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
I have to tell you, I love strange and absurd ideas, the more realistic something is...the more bored of it I get...

Stories and etc. made by writers on acid just happen to be awesome BTW...

Anyway, Mario has less characters in this smash than the last so Geno can replace Dr. Mario...
Absurd ideas are my thing too, I mean Final Fantasy characters fighting with DISNEY characters!? I'm fine with Geno JUST taking up a Mario slot, but out of all the 3rd party characters Geno is a little far down the list.

Sakurai went on to state that only characters that appeared on Nintendo platforms can appear in Brawl as third party. So no Cloud or Sephiroth, thank goodness. No Master Chief either. He can stay in Dead or Alive.

Pac-Man... I'm iffy 'cause I don't like his recent games. His icon status could give him an edge.

Cloud was a summon spell in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories!
HAHA put that in your pipe and smoke it!

But yeah, I mainly agree with you.
(The Master Cheif idea was just a joke.)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

Cloud appeared in Chain of Memories. Thus, the same game that makes Sora eligible, makes Cloud eligible. Technically. Though I can't say I want him in Brawl.

Anyway, the only "logical" third party character I ever wanted was Sonic. So I'm ecstatic. But if Sakurai decided to be a doll and put Sora in too, I certainly wouldn't mind.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
@RoyalRook

Wow, Geno BS?

No need for name calling, kind sir. I do believe though that out of those characters, Bomberman is not even as popular as most of them.

Cloud appeared in Chain of Memories. Thus, the same game that makes Sora eligible, makes Cloud eligible. Technically. Though I can't say I want him in Brawl.

Anyway, the only "logical" third party character I ever wanted was Sonic. So I'm ecstatic. But if Sakurai decided to be a doll and put Sora in too, I certainly wouldn't mind.
Wanting Sora AND Sonic and brawl?

I LOVE YOU
<333333

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No need for name calling, kind sir. I do believe though that out of those characters, Bomberman is not even as popular as most of them.

Wanting Sora AND Sonic and brawl?

I LOVE YOU
<333333
Bomberman may apparently not be as popular, but he's as known as any of them and better liked apparently in Japan...He does have a chance, even if he doesn't have the popularity advantage

Burning Soul

Smash Apprentice
I meant that Bomberman is more likely, not more popular.

Cloud/Sora/Squall aren't going to be in it. It would be cool, but be realistic guys. If you're going to dream, dream realistically, go geno ;)

and for the record, ff8 is my 2nd favorite ff, right after ff6

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Bomberman may apparently not be as popular, but he's as known as any of them and better liked apparently in Japan...He does have a chance, even if he doesn't have the popularity advantage
Agreed.

But if it comes down to only one more 3rd party joining the fray? Its gonna be Megaman. He is definitely one of the most iconic video game characters next to Mario and Sonic. And this is coming from a guy who never even played a Megaman game.

If only Sora, Viewtiful Joe, and Nightmare would be in Brawl......*sigh*

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
>.>;; Been awhile since I picked up Chain of Memories. I'm eating my hat right now, fellas. But still, no Sephiroth, that's all I care about. And even so, Sora would be a better candidate for the spot over Cloud because of his importance to the story.

Just some character suggestions make no sense at all. A lot of people want Master Chief, believe it or not. Geno, Sonic, and Snake will work just fine for me. Hell, Sora would make me even happier.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
I think Bomberman has the best chance over everybody, yes even Megaman.

Think about it,
Mega has already been in a fighting game, which is a very small count against him but, against him none the less. Also, wouldn't Samus and Megaman be a little redundant? I mean yeah they are different in some ways but, both of their staple weapon is a Cannon arm. That being said though, I wouldn't mind if he did get the spot since I'm a fan of Megaman anyway.

As for why Bomberman has the best chance in my eyes.
Bomberman has had many stand alone titles in lots of Nintendo systems. That and he's the most well know rep of Hudson.
That's Hudson guys, the company that developed The Mario Party series. That in it's self has got to put them pretty high up there with Nintendo, and if Nintendo wanted to give Hudson a rep, it would definitely be Bomberman.

I'm not saying that this is 100%, just my best guess on the matter. But how knows for sure anyway?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
>.>;; Been awhile since I picked up Chain of Memories. I'm eating my hat right now, fellas. But still, no Sephiroth, that's all I care about. And even so, Sora would be a better candidate for the spot over Cloud because of his importance to the story.

Just some character suggestions make no sense at all. A lot of people want Master Chief, believe it or not. Geno, Sonic, and Snake will work just fine for me. Hell, Sora would make me even happier.
Not a lot of people truly want Master Chief, people just like prooving that he does have a chance...at least he would've...Only a couple things prevent him from being and one of them is Bungie's weird "Ever appearance of Master Chief has to be cannon" thing...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Think about it,
Mega has already been in a fighting game, which is a very small count against him but, against him none the less. Also, wouldn't Samus and Megaman be a little redundant? I mean yeah they are different in some ways but, both of their staple weapon is a Cannon arm. That being said though, I wouldn't mind if he did get the spot since I'm a fan of Megaman anyway.

Bomberman has had many stand alone titles in lots of Nintendo systems. That and he's the most well know rep of Hudson.
That's Hudson guys, the company that developed The Mario Party series. That in it's self has got to put them pretty high up there with Nintendo, and if Nintendo wanted to give Hudson a rep, it would definitely be Bomberman.

I'm not saying that this is 100%, just my best guess on the matter. But how knows for sure anyway?
Though I don't want to disprove Bomberman in any way...

..Both Bomberman and the current Smash character, Snake (as well as Sonic) have been in fighting games...

So basically, every good 3rd party choice but Geno has been in a fighting game before

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord

Think about it,

If I were Nintendo, I wouldn't let Hudson have a rep in brawl BECAUSE of the Mario Party games (at least the recent ones). The moveset theory is why I think Sora would be an AMAZING addition to Brawl. A sword fighter AND a mage?! Unheard of! Not to mention all the different FS's he could have. It would please the fans AND be a major blow to Sony.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Not a lot of people truly want Master Chief, people just like prooving that he does have a chance...at least he would've...Only a couple things prevent him from being and one of them is Bungie's weird "Ever appearance of Master Chief has to be cannon" thing...
I'd hope so. Its the bias in me saying no Master Chief yet I scream hooray for Solid Snake. Even though both don't seem to fit in the continuity of Brawl, yet Snake's videos and voice acting have made me appreciate him as a Brawl contender.

What I don't get is why people say Geno doesn't have any chance. SMRPG got rave reviews and Geno was a fan favorite character. The one chance he has to show off his killer moves against other Nintendo all stars, why WOULDN'T anyone want that?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I meant that Bomberman is more likely, not more popular.

Cloud/Sora/Squall aren't going to be in it. It would be cool, but be realistic guys. If you're going to dream, dream realistically, go geno ;)

and for the record, ff8 is my 2nd favorite ff, right after ff6
Pokemon Trainer laughs and gestures mockingly at your talk of realistic character expectations. :)

Besides, I'm sorry, but I'm still having trouble with why Geno is anymore realistic than someone like Sora or Cloud. Yes, he's a "Mario character", but he is third party, yeah? Sakurai and his team would have to go through the same process to get him as they would with other guest characters, so why does it matter? I know that he's somehow a huge deal on this board, but I'd never heard of him before coming here.

Granted, no, that's not a reason for him to be excluded, I just don't understand what makes him more likely than other characters. He's third party, and he has a cult following at best. Besides general awesomeness that just about every wanted character has, what does Geno really have going for him in the likelihood department?

Burning Soul

Smash Apprentice
If I were Nintendo, I wouldn't let Hudson have a rep in brawl BECAUSE of the Mario Party games (at least the recent ones). The moveset theory is why I think Sora would be an AMAZING addition to Brawl. A sword fighter AND a mage?! Unheard of! Not to mention all the different FS's he could have. It would please the fans AND be a major blow to Sony.
Isaac would be chosen if it was based on that logic.

Burning Soul

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon Trainer laughs and gestures mockingly at your talk of realistic character expectations. :)

Besides, I'm sorry, but I'm still having trouble with why Geno is anymore realistic than someone like Sora or Cloud. Yes, he's a "Mario character", but he is third party, yeah? Sakurai and his team would have to go through the same process to get him as they would with other guest characters, so why does it matter? I know that he's somehow a huge deal on this board, but I'd never heard of him before coming here.

Granted, no, that's not a reason for him to be excluded, I just don't understand what makes him more likely than other characters. He's third party, and he has a cult following at best. Besides general awesomeness that just about every wanted character has, what does Geno really have going for him in the likelihood department?
I don't think Geno would count as a third party character. Even if the rights to Geno is owned by Square, he would be in under the Mario Banner.

Like we said, hes extremely unique. Hes popular. He has the capabilities to have an amazing moveset, without having to make some things up. And of course, the fact that he is a mario character adds a lot too.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
I don't think Geno would count as a third party character. Even if the rights to Geno is owned by Square, he would be in under the Mario Banner.

Like we said, hes extremely unique. Hes popular. He has the capabilities to have an amazing moveset, without having to make some things up. And of course, the fact that he is a mario character adds a lot too.
I agree with the second part, but the first part is wrong. 3rd party is 3rd party no matter which game he was in. Geno IS 3rd party therefore taking up a 3rd party spot that could be filled with someone even more epic.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

I remember reading in an older thread that someone found that Geno was technically third party. He may get Mario's emblem, but it would still require going through some red tape to get him. I'll see if I can find the thread.

EDIT: **** it. I'm not reading through all those pages. I stand by my point but I won't be shocked if people continue to argue about this since I have no hard evidence.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Issac is awesomelololololol.

Aniway, about Mr. Chef, not gonna happen, but it's not immpossible.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Though I don't want to disprove Bomberman in any way...

..Both Bomberman and the current Smash character, Snake (as well as Sonic) have been in fighting games...

So basically, every good 3rd party choice but Geno has been in a fighting game before
Ahh, you got me there, I had forgotten that sonic had been in a fighting game (snake and bomber? what games? Don't think I ever played them).
But Megaman was in Capcom vs. Marvel, which is a pretty big of a fighting game title.

If I were Nintendo, I wouldn't let Hudson have a rep in brawl BECAUSE of the Mario Party games (at least the recent ones).
Why? I guess your saying the recent MPs weren't good, which I can agree on. But still there were some good ones.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ahh, you got me there, I had forgotten that sonic had been in a fighting game (snake and bomber? what games? Don't think I ever played them).
But Megaman was in Capcom vs. Marvel, which is a pretty big of a fighting game title.

Why? I guess your saying the recent MPs weren't good, which I can agree on. But still there were some good ones.
Snake and Bomberman were in the same game, it was a crossover fighter releashed only in Japane...

YOu could also play as Optimus Prime and Megatron

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Thats because they all fail at life :psycho:

Yeah i know what you mean. But like i said, it goes back to who deserves it the most.
Maybe if Geno were in more recent games and had a wider fan base, than yeah I think he'd be in Brawl. I mean why not resurrect him in a sequel to SMRPG? But right now all he has is a small cult following, unlike other characters who have a global following.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Snake and Bomberman were in the same game, it was a crossover fighter releashed only in Japane...

YOu could also play as Optimus Prime and Megatron
Hmm, never knew that. But if snake and Bomberman were already put together once, it makes it more possible for them to be put together again, right?

Burning Soul

Smash Apprentice
Maybe if Geno were in more recent games and had a wider fan base, than yeah I think he'd be in Brawl. I mean why not resurrect him in a sequel to SMRPG? But right now all he has is a small cult following, unlike other characters who have a global following.
Family Guy didn't have a global following, it had a small cult following, and then it was brought back =)

Geno in brawl could be a stepping stone to a sequel.

Wii needs a good rpg anyways, don't even bring up super paper mario....

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He was out relatively recently, and in another Mario game...

Geno's following have been waiting for a chance for their character to be revived and smash is the perfect place for his resurection....

Geno's been on both Melee and Brawl's polls but now that Geno has been recognized by Sakurai...

Anyway, if Megaman and Geno get in, no one will complain

Top Bottom